As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I AM THE INQUISITOR, AND THIS IS MY STEED

mysteed_zpsbff83eb9.png

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Has this been posted yet?

i-qWvtb2t-1050x10000.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    how do you manage your Reaver Bulls?

he just keeps dying

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    how do you manage your Reaver Bulls?

he just keeps dying

barriers as a knight-enchanter/spirit mage with the bonuses to it helps. otherwise i just said fuck it, let him do what he wants, cause if he dies it doesn't mean i'll go down only that the fight will be a little slower

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    My dude looks like a big, heavy guy with gentle, youthful features, which I really like as it's an odd look for a mage but suits the character. He's also ginger and freckled which is suitable as he's ferelden, and they tend towards that I think.

Very happy with him to be honest.

A day walker leads the Inquisition

Pics

I will strive to provide.

I based him partially on the guy who plays nite owl in watchmen because I wanted him to be a well meaning but self doubting everyman of faith who is actually also a fearless engine of destruction.

It worked pretty well, I think. When he gets mad he looks pretty furious, when he laughs he looks nice and friendly, and the accent really fits the appearance.

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    As an Oilers fan, this hurts, but still -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iNa1v0tTA-4

Starting at 0:20.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    pretty sure I've murdered every wisp ever

how do I get my essence on?
    There are three boss wisps you have to kill in The Fallow Mire.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    There's no way to break down stuff into materials in the single player stuff, right?

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Jeez, they sure wanted unlocking specializations to be as obnoxious as possible. I had hoped it would be interesting story quests for each spec, but nope, just all the same "Go out and gather a bunch of shit" without any map markers telling you where to actually go in this giant open world game.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Jeez, they sure wanted unlocking specializations to be as obnoxious as possible. I had hoped it would be interesting story quests for each spec, but nope, just all the same "Go out and gather a bunch of shit" without any map markers telling you where to actually go in this giant open world game.

The quest text tells you what zones and what parts of those zones to look in

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I don't read in Dragon's Age games, I just follow my compass and listen to spoken dialogue and always pick the middle dialogue option.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't read in Dragon's Age games, I just follow my compass and listen to spoken dialogue and always pick the middle dialogue option.

I think I found the problem

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Middle dialogue is best dialogue.

Edit: Which reminds me, met Dorian yesterday and we get along smashingly my good chums.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

They also don't label the sub-regions on the map, as far as I've seen, which makes the search unnecessarily tedious IMO. I basically had to do a Crestwood world tour, and then scour the place every time I entered one of the noted areas to get my Assassin crap. Especially considering that for everything else important the game is pretty friendly about not making you wander around aimlessly I thought it was a weird choice to make for that. Why not put quest markers down with the big purple bubble to at least tell me where the regions are to search? Why not tell me which regions I've already found the thing from, so if I leave the quest and return I don't have to revisit all the possible locations? Just seems weirdly obtuse in-context.

signature.png

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Decided to try out dual weilding and man this really isn't for me at all. My entire party's survivability dropped like a stone

• Options
    JohnHam wrote: »

They also don't label the sub-regions on the map, as far as I've seen, which makes the search unnecessarily tedious IMO. I basically had to do a Crestwood world tour, and then scour the place every time I entered one of the noted areas to get my Assassin crap. Especially considering that for everything else important the game is pretty friendly about not making you wander around aimlessly I thought it was a weird choice to make for that. Why not put quest markers down with the big purple bubble to at least tell me where the regions are to search? Why not tell me which regions I've already found the thing from, so if I leave the quest and return I don't have to revisit all the possible locations? Just seems weirdly obtuse in-context.

That part is true, I did a lot of running around to get the pieces of my Rift Tome

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Man I messed up bad by picking to play an archer

Because Sera is the best, but totally redundant for my party

• Options

You can respec either yourself or her to a dual weilder

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also pooro I think its literally you me and blankzilla who like sera

us against the world

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    This isn't the college football thread

Fuck the Darkspawn

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Speaking to Sera at Skyhold, after the shit goes down and she acts a little less wacky, I like her noticeably more

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Lord Trifles Minutiae is the best-named character in the entire game

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    ah, what a tease

there's a Knight-Enchanter Greatsword, but it's still warrior only :(

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

you can spec her with daggers

pretty sure all companions start with zero ability points assigned

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    JohnHam wrote: »

That part is true, I did a lot of running around to get the pieces of my Rift Tome

My one gripe with the game other than being a bit buggy from time to time is the map and mini map. They are just not detailed enough to be used as naviagation tools. I dont know how many times I have spent a bunch of time wandering around the base of a stupidly large mountain looking for the way or wandering a valley or dungeon looking for a specific damn door that isnt marked or not marked clearly.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

us against the world

I dont hate her, and like some of her interactions with other party members, but I find it hard not to roll with Verric or Dorian for my extra DPS since I am a mage.

I respeced her to dual wield so party composition wise she can come along for the ride off an on when I feel I dont need two tanks in the party but it is always more risky. Iron Bull tends to have the same problem as they are both a tad fragile and always in melee. I find I burn through potions when I bring them a lot faster and have to go back to camp more.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

us against the world

I love her.

Spoilered for an early option with her after you gain access to Skyhold.
    We played pranks on the inner circle and when we were caught we ran away giggling like schoolgirls.

I understand why some might not care for her based on your first interaction. She really grows on you if you take the time to keep speaking to her, though. That daft exterior she shows everyone isn't all their is.

Plus, listening to her and Bull come up with all sorts of new ways to kill people is fun.

• Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

us against the world

I dont hate her, and like some of her interactions with other party members, but I find it hard not to roll with Verric or Dorian for my extra DPS since I am a mage.

I respeced her to dual wield so party composition wise she can come along for the ride off an on when I feel I dont need two tanks in the party but it is always more risky. Iron Bull tends to have the same problem as they are both a tad fragile and always in melee. I find I burn through potions when I bring them a lot faster and have to go back to camp more.

I really wonder why they felt the need to remove healing spells

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

us against the world

I really wonder why they felt the need to remove healing spells

I agree. I get balancing purposes but when they hide supply crates at every damn place what's even the point.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Oh and that's not even considering weapons that heal on hit because haahahahahaha.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I enjoy the lack of healing spells. This way mage can be all BLAMMOW KRAKOW FWISHBOOOOOM!

Instead of heal

Heal

Heal

Heeeeeeaaaal

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Sera and Solas are my least favorite charactes.

Elves are lame

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I wonder if you could spec reaver with guard-boosting abilities, get them to low health, then pile on the guard to get the benefits of low health without the fragility

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I enjoy the lack of healing spells. This way mage can be all BLAMMOW KRAKOW FWISHBOOOOOM!

Instead of heal

Heal

Heal

Heeeeeeaaaal

You could do that before

Actually yknow what

Whatever heal spells

Why don't you heal after battle

All it does is makes you go back to camp

doesn't actually mean you have to play better/smarter, doesn't serve as a gear check

just forces you to run home sometimes

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Sera and Solas are my least favorite charactes.

Elves are lame

Elves rule, Balefuego drools.

signature.png

• Options
    I'd much rather have Harding in my party than either of the elves

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

Instead of heal

Heal

Heal

Heeeeeeaaaal

You could do that before

Actually yknow what

Whatever heal spells

Why don't you heal after battle

All it does is makes you go back to camp

doesn't actually mean you have to play better/smarter, doesn't serve as a gear check

just forces you to run home sometimes

I never run out of potions before I get tired of exploring.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'd much rather have Harding in my party than either of the elves

^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Sera's not really an elf though.

I mean, technically she is, but she sure as hell doesn't act like one.

Solas on the other hand is a total buzzkill. I'm not sure I'll ever use him in any of my playthroughs.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    solas is cool I don't like sera

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.