As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chats] with money

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Huh. So TV Tropes is trying to Kickstarter a code overhaul.

I've crowdfunded weirder things.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    ronaldo are you trying to say destiny is not good?

No, that's ridiculous.

I'm saying it's bad.

Bad and not good aren't the same thing.

destiny is... bad?

@elki @Irond Will@‌desc shut it down

we never need to play it again

destiny sux

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Winky wrote:
    While I do t agree with lots of Nintendo's decisions lately, I respect that they have a vision for their platforms and they stick to it. I think it is pretty weak how MS backpedaled from their visions of an internet only gaming and entertainment hub to a more conventional console that even dropped the kinect to compete with Sony on price. It probably makes more business sense than sticking with the vision, but it shows less integrity IMO.

I don't get it, is integrity in this instance deliberately losing money?

Integrity is making the platform you want to make and sticking with it. I can't think of a single console in gaming history that saw so many changes from the original vision prior to and even following launch.

Let's talk PS3 then.

599 dollars, full ps2 backwards compatibility. no motion controls. Linux support. No achievements. No united online infrastructure. No rumble in the controllers.

The PS3 is arguably a more modified system from the initial vision than even the XBO. Like, even as it currently stands, slap a kinect on the XBO in stores now and it is feature matched to the launch unit. PS3s radically removed core features left and right as they adjusted to market realities that left you no recourse if you actually wanted them.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    What Nintendo needs, its to give the resigns of console development to the US branch or an external team.

Problem is do consoles exist after this generation to give that a go? Dont think so.

Nintendo interfaced with their US people a lot more for Smash 4 and it really shows, I think.

They should just give in and admit they need the white man.

I do wonder what a Nintendo without Miyamoto and Iwata is?

Whatever you do you leave my Sakurai right where he is, tho

He going to bitch and complain about his wrists again?

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    1hk2758dus1v.jpg

This cat is straight up like; "I wish a mutherfucker would take my papes!"

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Donkey, what's your Live tag? Send it to me.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    cats without money
    9dVjINzl.jpg
    RAvsgSLl.jpg
    gV6l0DK.jpg
    rNfXGHq.jpg

So are your cats shapeshifters or do you have like 80 of them?
    Yes.

Now I'm sad because I don't have pictures of the other two cats and I don't know if my parents do either. Maybe on the old desktop at home.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I, too, have played a bad game once.

League of Legends has become quite a big deal since then.

No amount of size and scope will hide its badness, unfortunately.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    gay gorilla 49

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    My PS Plus subscription ended the other day and I didn't realise.

Do I lose all the games I had built up if I start my subscription again?

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    It's weird having someone crave less competition.

it's weird but console competition means your bros/bro-ettes might be on different consoles

i am only friends with my ragamuffins cause they on my console

Yeah, that's the thing that blows about such direct competition: divided bases are just an inconvenience for the consumer. I just want to play Naughty Dog games on my Xbox, you know?

It's the same thing with Steam/Origin. I want Steam to have competition, yeah, but it is incredibly inconvenient for me that they do.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    'once'
    Ron, we played Orion: Dino Horde. More than once.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Winky wrote:
    While I do t agree with lots of Nintendo's decisions lately, I respect that they have a vision for their platforms and they stick to it. I think it is pretty weak how MS backpedaled from their visions of an internet only gaming and entertainment hub to a more conventional console that even dropped the kinect to compete with Sony on price. It probably makes more business sense than sticking with the vision, but it shows less integrity IMO.

I don't get it, is integrity in this instance deliberately losing money?

Integrity is making the platform you want to make and sticking with it. I can't think of a single console in gaming history that saw so many changes from the original vision prior to and even following launch.

Let's talk PS3 then.

599 dollars, full ps2 backwards compatibility. no motion controls. Linux support. No achievements. No united online infrastructure. No rumble in the controllers.

The PS3 is arguably a more modified system from the initial vision than even the XBO. Like, even as it currently stands, slap a kinect on the XBO in stores now and it is feature matched to the launch unit. PS3s radically removed core features left and right as they adjusted to market realities that left you no recourse if you actually wanted them.

*sigh* I miss crazy Ken, dude loved his pie in the sky dreams

• Options
    oh man ronaldo doubling down

except destiny is a great feeling shooter so no matter what you're doing, you're still playing a good shooter

and you're not hearing the shrill racist cries of children

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

nope!, you just cant use them until you resub.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    'once'
    Ron, we played Orion: Dino Horde. More than once.

BRING ME SOME PIZZA

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    damn DA:I is hueg downlaod

(also slow. it should be twice as far along, at the 1MB/s I typically get. I suspect Origin is lying to me about the dl speed)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

wait what

you have the games with gold games you get free even if you lose gold

i'm pretty sure on that........

someone check!

• Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    1hk2758dus1v.jpg

This cat is straight up like; "I wish a mutherfucker would take my papes!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMCw5u3LHJY
    I am very disappointed in this video quality

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    How many people here can honestly say they played and beat Afrika?

Cuz I can.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

except destiny is a great feeling shooter so no matter what you're doing, you're still playing a good shooter

It isn't the popular opinion around PA, where people scrambled to get controllers to play Dargon Eyg, but I hate sticks for shooters. It's slow and sloppy and imprecise. I haven't played a console shooter since gears horde mode on 360s at my friends house many years ago. With my long, flowing hair I just don't see any reason to downgrade myself from KBAM as a part of the glorious master race.

• Options

wait what

someone check!

you are correct.

• Options
    Pshaw! This gene is a console war?

Back in MY day, it was either the Sega or Nintendo gang. Kids that wore their "Captain N-The Gamemaster" boss ass jackets? Sega kids were waiting for them around the corner , "West Side Story" Style.

You kids and your bloody, PS4s, XBONEs. Malarkay I saw!

*Yells to get off lawn. Yells at sky*

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Life. So. Weird. They are talking about their wands

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    How many people here can honestly say they played and beat Afrika?

Cuz I can.

Much of Imperial Europe?

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    My boobs hurt.

• Options

It isn't the popular opinion around PA, where people scrambled to get controllers to play Dargon Eyg, but I hate sticks for shooters. It's slow and sloppy and imprecise. I haven't played a console shooter since gears horde mode on 360s at my friends house many years ago. With my long, flowing hair I just don't see any reason to downgrade myself from KBAM as a part of the glorious master race.

i could beat you, huckleberry

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2014

wait what

someone check!

On the 360, yes.

On the XBO nooope.

Microsoft had to give games away for free on the 360 because there was no subscription licensing for games.

They fixed that in the XBO. So, on the plus side, they will be able to offer nicer games sooner. On the downside, they can sunset on you if you don't stay current.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    People said that Nintendo should go 3rd party during the age of Gamecube and they made profits every year between 2001 and 2006, the Gamecube's lifetime. They've always sat on money. If you don't want to pick up what they're putting down, who cares? To make the huge leap that your personal lack of interest means they aren't still doing well is a hilarious extension of the importance of one person's meaningless opinion.

I think the Xbox is shit m80 but after losing like beeellions of dollars eating costs for its first couple of years it eventually became profitable, I think. And my dislike for it and its poop games doesn't mean I think the xbox brand is going to fail, because it's ridiculous to suggest.

Nintendo will be fine.
    nintendoprofits.jpg
    This chart is conspicuously missing the past three years in which Nintendo crashed and burned. Also it's barely fair to include Sony as a whole! They've been failing out of non-video gaming markets left and right. It's not too meaningful to say sony's video game business is underperforming relative to nintendo because the parent company made a bunch of bad bets in the PC market. The playstation division on its own probably fares much better.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

wait what

someone check!

On the 360, yes. On the Xbone, you need an active subscription to play the games you added.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

i could beat you, huckleberry

at ... what?

Some aim assist poop console shooter? Maybe you'll jump into the air, spin around and quickscope me and then chug a mountain dew?

airhorns will go off at this point, as well as reminders to partake in the consumption of cannabis on a daily basis.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Donkey, what's your Live tag? Send it to me.

I don't even remember! I'll send out things when I actually get my bone and set it up.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Huh. So TV Tropes is trying to Kickstarter a code overhaul.

what's wrong with mediawiki

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Que "The Master Race" chiming in about; " PS4, XBONE, WIIU? Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn!"

• Options
    Yeah, not including nintendo post Wii boom and Wii-U is ridiculous. Also the 3DS did not sell well so not adding post 2011 is just lying.

And Sony has had to cut off gangrenous limbs nonstop. They're like a tentacle monster at this point.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    fuckin gypsies, man

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    People said that Nintendo should go 3rd party during the age of Gamecube and they made profits every year between 2001 and 2006, the Gamecube's lifetime. They've always sat on money. If you don't want to pick up what they're putting down, who cares? To make the huge leap that your personal lack of interest means they aren't still doing well is a hilarious extension of the importance of one person's meaningless opinion.

I think the Xbox is shit m80 but after losing like beeellions of dollars eating costs for its first couple of years it eventually became profitable, I think. And my dislike for it and its poop games doesn't mean I think the xbox brand is going to fail, because it's ridiculous to suggest.

Nintendo will be fine.
    nintendoprofits.jpg
    This chart is conspicuously missing the past three years in which Nintendo crashed and burned. Also it's barely fair to include Sony as a whole! They've been failing out of non-video gaming markets left and right. It's not too meaningful to say sony's video game business is underperforming relative to nintendo because the parent company made a bunch of bad bets in the PC market. The playstation division on its own probably fares much better.

Granted, but, Nintendo's "crash and burn" is going from $13 billion to $8 billion. That's a hell of a lot of money lost but also a hell of a lot of money still in the bank.

• Options
    god damn, if i could shut up every pc master race person at once, i would do so in a death match

i would win

it would be worth it if klaxons gave you tinnitus at the moment it occurs

• Options

Nintendo will be fine.
    nintendoprofits.jpg

I think it's 'suspiciously' missing it because I pulled it from some article from 2012 or something.

And I don't know about Sony as an aggregate, I just know that they started to get kicked in the groin around 2006.

I'm guessing it had to do with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHqG1nc_tw

• Options

Nintendo will be fine.
    nintendoprofits.jpg

Granted, but, Nintendo's "crash and burn" is going from $13 billion to $8 billion. That's a hell of a lot of money lost but also a hell of a lot of money still in the bank.

how many years did it take to lose 5 billion?

This discussion has been closed.