Goodbye, Girls [chat] NSF56K

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    kedinik wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Dragon Age Inquisition is really something though

definitely got me emotionally invested in the characters

I feel like Sera desperately needs Robin williams to repeat "it's not your fault" over and over to her

i dislike her a whole lot

what an unpleasant character

What did you think of Vivienne, Will?

I'm just curious if you'll buck the trends twice over, because so far I have only heard about people liking Sera and I have only heard of people disliking Vivienne.

what is there to like about sera? that she likes the common man? she just wants to fuck with everyone like some derpy harley quinn with a bad accent.

vivienne is the worst because she is so condescending but hey i'm pretty sure i'm the hero here, lady

She's had a fucked up upbringing and made it to a level of notoriety and still cares mostly about commoners when she could get a job as a nightingale or bard like Leliana

she's not an anarchist either, despite initial impressions, the more you talk with her the better she is

basically the entire world Dragon Age is set in is completely horrible and none of the factions are good and Sera seems to be the only one who recognizes that

override367 on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    the new wu album is not bad

but

RIP ODB

poo
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I don't understand what justification any one has to be upset about the black storm trooper. Because there are definitely black people in star wars.

So. . .Uh what is the justification for that racism.

There are some corners of the net who:

1) thought all the storm troopers were still (D)Jango.

2) thought the empire was racist instead of simply pro-human, largely xenophobic.

Okay but both of these things are wrong.

So. Not only are these people thinly veiled racist but they are also bad at knowing Star Wars.

Daaaaaamn. Sucks to suck. But I hope they continue vocalizing their idiocy because it's hilarious.
    How is it thinly veiled racism exactly?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    lol teenagers, mirite?

Its why Catcher in the Rye is awesome. You read it as a teenager and think he's understandably angsty and just misunderstood and you read it as an adult and go lol I was such an idiot

When I read it as a teen I was very bored with it. It felt like nothing worth remembering ever happened in it and that the book didn't say much of anything.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I feel like Sera desperately needs Robin williams to repeat "it's not your fault" over and over to her

I'm just curious if you'll buck the trends twice over, because so far I have only heard about people liking Sera and I have only heard of people disliking Vivienne.

i find vivienne really unpleasant too. she's so goddamned snotty and rude all the time for no reason.

usually i run with cole, dorian and either solas or cassandra. sometimes i swap in sera until i get sick of her.

I am still running with Solas, Cass and Varric because they are still fun. Solas and Varric have lots of neat exchanges.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I want to come to Boston the weekend of PAX, but I'm not sure I want to go to PAX and I do not have a place to stay.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh the one year I have money. THE ONE YEAR.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    aren't you a little short for a clone of jango fett?

who's jango fett?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @desc‌

beep beep no.mope.zone beep beep

Boop boop

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I don't understand what justification any one has to be upset about the black storm trooper. Because there are definitely black people in star wars.

2) thought the empire was racist instead of simply pro-human, largely xenophobic.

So. Not only are these people thinly veiled racist but they are also bad at knowing Star Wars.

Daaaaaamn. Sucks to suck. But I hope they continue vocalizing their idiocy because it's hilarious.

I wonder how few people are going to care that Will Smith is playing Deadshot.

So few. I think we're just glad that Suicide Squad is making it to the big screen.

(I love suicide squad)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I want to come to Boston the weekend of PAX, but I'm not sure I want to go to PAX and I do not have a place to stay.

You don't plan on having money any other year after this one?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I haven't played DA:I but I imagine myself loathing sera the same way we're all good-naturedly mocking the angsty ragey teen archetype, and loving vivienne

i imagine this is the same jack/miranda situation

No. Jack was obnoxious. Miranda was p cool. Sera is entertaining sometimes but frequently too much. Viv is BLEGH.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Mim if you get creative enough, anywhere can be a place to stay!

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

what is there to like about sera? that she likes the common man? she just wants to fuck with everyone like some derpy harley quinn with a bad accent.

vivienne is the worst because she is so condescending but hey i'm pretty sure i'm the hero here, lady

She's had a fucked up upbringing and made it to a level of notoriety and still cares mostly about commoners when she could get a job as a nightingale or bard like Leliana

she's not an anarchist either, despite initial impressions, the more you talk with her the better she is

basically the entire world Dragon Age is set in is completely horrible and none of the factions are good and Sera seems to be the only one who recognizes that

Put me on team "sera sucks"

I laugh at some of her conquests and games like I would at, say, anonymous. But its not the kind of person I want to associate with and were her "red" friends less useful I would have kicked her out a while ago.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I started playing legend of grimrock II

It's p fun but I forgot it's semi real time? I'd prefer it to be completely turn based. This whole dancing around in a circle rote dexterity test grows tiresome

But that is how EoB and MoM are, and they are the pinnacle of Blob combat, imo. Even better than Wizardry (Wizardry is better in other ways like character building).

Wizardry seems lie it would drive you insane with party building

It did! I never got more than maybe 30 or 40 hours into any of them. Could not stop rerolling.

I literally spend most of my time walking places or doing things that don't involve thought thinking about RPG characters and parties when I am playing a game. Spent so much time thinking through IWD party.

Incidentally, this is what makes me good at my job.

• Options
    Richy wrote: »

Planning to be alive more than 5 minutes into the future is hubris of the highest order, Richy.

• Options
    Richy wrote: »

I plan to begin the process of going to South Korea for a year in 2016.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Also please don't say "horny tumblr girls" like maybe it's a silly thing?

Participating in a community, liking something, having a libido and being female are none of them bad or silly things.
    (sorry if I am being oversensitive it's just "like a girl" is used as such a synonym for "being ridiculous" and it gets old)

Sorry, but using tumblr is objectively a bad thing.

Then I guess you'll never get to see any of my better art :|

Or like
    more importantly

Hella cool sketches by Claire Keane that she doesn't put anywhere else
    Stuff that Kate Leth doodles in her spare time

yup

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

presumably if you do not spend the money now you will have it later

poo
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Tumblr does seem to have a lot of libidinous ladies
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Nissan NISMO GT-R will allegedly crack a sub 2 second 0-60 when it's released.

Otherwise to even approach 2 seconds you're in hypercar (Porsche 918, Veyron, Caparo T1, McLaren P1, etc.) territory

Naturally my recommendation would be: http://uk.caterhamcars.com/cars/seven-620-r

Alternatively most of the rallycross preparation outfits will build something that will crack that kind of time. Olsbergs does Ken Block's Fords, for example: http://www.omse.se/

Those are all sub 3 second cars. Sub 2 is really only drag racers and F1 cars

That's why I said "to even approach 2 seconds".

Rallycross cars will also pull 2 second 0-60s, and be marginally more practical than a drag car or a single seater. Kenneth Hansen's Citroen Xsara T16 famously did 0-100-0 in a hair under 11 seconds. On gravel.

Everything is more practical then a car set up for drag racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFO_VsKFjxE

This guy lives a few miles up the road, his build thread is on pistonheads.

There is some contention over the title of "fastest road legal drag car" given that RV3 runs on different fuel and tyres for road use, and there's a team in the US claiming the same title because the state they happen to be in permits grooved drag tyres (which are not road legal in the UK) for road use, so technically they can drive the car to the strip in full race trim, which can't be done in RV3.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Everyone should always apologize for liking things too much, because it is shameful and unsophisticated

Only by shellacking yourself with disaffection and remaining distant and uncommitted can you earn the respect of the only people whose regard is worthwhile, i.e. the disaffected, distant and uncommitted

also careful curation of the things you advocate - only the most defensibly tasteful precious things should you show to the world.

your animes will always remain your secret shame

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I want this new protagonist to be the first Storm trooper who can actually shoot the side of a barn because I presumed all the OT storm troopers were like, lower class British dudes since everyone else in the empire is British

And then if this guy is a badass it's like

:cool: should have hired some brothers as your troopers all along guys :cool:

And then butthurt racists can be twice as mad

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

How is it thinly veiled racism exactly?

you...have to really want to believe it is?

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I remember watching someone do a speed run of one of the nes Wizardry games

he spent about an hour creating characters, sending new character's default money to his main characters, deleting the extra characters, and repeating this process

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Like I just walk around thinking about what the best level is to dual a kensai to a wizard at, given expected experience totals, THAC0 advancement, attacks per round and weapon proficiency pips. It's 9 on Insane, btw.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Only 2 people in my room currently.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I wonder how few people are going to care that Will Smith is playing Deadshot.

So few. I think we're just glad that Suicide Squad is making it to the big screen.

(I love suicide squad)

I love them too, but Deadshot isn't really a character you empathize with or want to model yourself after. Whereas I suspect there is a certain amount of people who perhaps don't see the Imperial Stormtroopers that villainous.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    desc wrote: »
    I want this new protagonist to be the first Storm trooper who can actually shoot the side of a barn because I presumed all the OT storm troopers were like, lower class British dudes since everyone else in the empire is British

a whole starsky and hutch and/or dukes of hazard film type star wars film starring two black stormtroopers plz

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

you could probably find a couch to crash on. if i had a giant house and a wife that was a little more nerd-tolerant then i'd put everyone up.

there are a good number of people who either don't go to the convention or else borrow a badge for a little while. i only think i went one day last year.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I remember watching someone do a speed run of one of the nes Wizardry games

he spent about an hour creating characters, sending new character's default money to his main characters, deleting the extra characters, and repeating this process

Terrorist.

• Options

I'm just gonna wait until someone offers me a spot on their floor if I sleep naked with a rose between my teeth and a wild raccoon on my head.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I really liked when you picked up the Stormtrooper weapon in Jedi Outcast and realized it was so incredibly inaccurate that you yourself couldn't hit anything with it

It was so sly

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    had a great time playing DA MP with and
    Will"‌ last night

will exclaiming wow! 34 gold! at each treasure... ahem "treasure" chest we found. 34 gold is not a lot. fuck dat microtransaction bullshit.

i want to play again because my deeps went from 46 to 105!!!!!!!!!!!!! so many deeps. so many dwarven deeeeeeps

except you can only have 4 abilities mapped instead of 8?!!? wtf the other 4 slots are for your consumable potions that you have to buy. i'm on to you, EA

I drank whiskey and moped and looked at tumblr instead of getting on Xbone

I abandoned you : (

All while poor Will was with us playing through drugs and pain.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

I'm just gonna wait until someone offers me a spot on their floor if I sleep naked with a rose between my teeth and a wild raccoon on my head.

*immediately rents hotel room*

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Tumblr does seem to have a lot of libidinous ladies
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Nissan NISMO GT-R will allegedly crack a sub 2 second 0-60 when it's released.

Otherwise to even approach 2 seconds you're in hypercar (Porsche 918, Veyron, Caparo T1, McLaren P1, etc.) territory

Naturally my recommendation would be: http://uk.caterhamcars.com/cars/seven-620-r

Alternatively most of the rallycross preparation outfits will build something that will crack that kind of time. Olsbergs does Ken Block's Fords, for example: http://www.omse.se/

Those are all sub 3 second cars. Sub 2 is really only drag racers and F1 cars

That's why I said "to even approach 2 seconds".

Rallycross cars will also pull 2 second 0-60s, and be marginally more practical than a drag car or a single seater. Kenneth Hansen's Citroen Xsara T16 famously did 0-100-0 in a hair under 11 seconds. On gravel.

Everything is more practical then a car set up for drag racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFO_VsKFjxE

This guy lives a few miles up the road, his build thread is on pistonheads.

There is some contention over the title of "fastest road legal drag car" given that RV3 runs on different fuel and tyres for road use, and there's a team in the US claiming the same title because the state they happen to be in permits grooved drag tyres (which are not road legal in the UK) for road use, so technically they can drive the car to the strip in full race trim, which can't be done in RV3.

I've seen that around the internet.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

"I finally made it ma, I'm a stormtrooper and our glorious military!"
    *gets shot by the actual protaganist*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Wait what's this about tumblr? All I knew about it is it's a site where people post art maybe? Dare I ask what a "horny tumblr girl" is? Will I ever get out from under this rock, probably not.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Sera: Do all Grey Wardens have beards?
    Blackwall: No, just me. I stole all the beards... and all the power held within.
    Blackwall: There can be only one.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    i've sacrificed so many things (publicly, not privately) in my futile pursuit of EM

classic petrarch/laura situation

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

See? Creative!

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    I guess I'm a weakling who can't sleep after drinking coffee at 5:30 pm now because here I am at 3:40 am and I should be awake in about 4 hours

the solution will be more coffee

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.