As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Telltale Games] The Vault of the Traveler

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I love all of the foreshadowing they do in this game.

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    if it was possible to not shoot that one merc with the hair and save the bullet?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    if it was possible to not shoot that one merc with the hair and save the bullet?
    I tried.

It's not.

He just shoots you in the face and you get a game over.

P.S. I used electricity.

My friend used fire and burned his hair off.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I read somewhere that it's called the Roshambo due to it's new attachment. Anyone know if that's official?

• Options

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    I tried.

It's not.

P.S. I used electricity.

Oh man that sounds WAY BETTER
    I used radioactive shot and he got super sick and looks like he has scars?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I read somewhere that it's called the Roshambo due to it's new attachment. Anyone know if that's official?
    Yep. When you put the elemental attachment on the name changes in your inventory.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    borderlands
    jack is definitely only going to ask to use your body in emergency situations and not forcefully take over it as soon as he is able to
    The fact that Rhys has a different robot arm in the narration bits is a telling thing, I think

Especially after they showed Jack fucking with his robot arm
    different eye, too

Also apparently if you agree with Jack a lot and let him control you, he lifts up not only your robo arm but also your flesh arm

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    I tried.

It's not.

P.S. I used electricity.

I also
    set his hair on fire

I'm playing Fiona as a lady Locke Lamora, so as soon as his intro told me not to mention his hair, I knew I had to ask about the hair

And subsequently destroy it

• Options

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    I tried.

It's not.

P.S. I used electricity.

That shot's not radioactive, it's ACID. All three shots are types that come from the regular games to deal with various types of health-bars; Fire for regular dudes, Shock for shields and Acid for armor.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    borderlands
    jack is definitely only going to ask to use your body in emergency situations and not forcefully take over it as soon as he is able to
    The fact that Rhys has a different robot arm in the narration bits is a telling thing, I think

Especially after they showed Jack fucking with his robot arm
    different eye, too

Also apparently if you agree with Jack a lot and let him control you, he lifts up not only your robo arm but also your flesh arm

Oh jesus

This legit unsettles me

• Options

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    I tried.

It's not.

P.S. I used electricity.

That shot's not radioactive, it's ACID. All three shots are types that come from the regular games to deal with various types of health-bars; Fire for regular dudes, Shock for shields and Acid for armor.

Aw dang
    I totally forgot about the weakness system.

Using shock first is probably gonna bite me in the ass later on.

But hey, that's what this game is about.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    I tried.

It's not.

P.S. I used electricity.

Aw dang

Oh, I used the Shock shot too on the guy. Figured it'd work a lot like a tazer and aside from how Fiona tried to chuck Rhys and Vaughn out of the Caravan in episode 1, I try to play her as someone who tries not to kill folk unless she REALLY has to. Otherwise, why bother being a con artist.

• Options

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.
    I'm curious as to
    I tried.

It's not.

P.S. I used electricity.

Aw dang

Oh, I used the Shock shot too on the guy. Figured it'd work a lot like a tazer and aside from how Fiona tried to chuck Rhys and Vaughn out of the Caravan in episode 1, I try to play her as someone who tries not to kill folk unless she REALLY has to. Otherwise, why bother being a con artist.

Yeah, that was my reasoning, too.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm almost positive it was 98% did not look in the box

Ah, you're right.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Ha hoooo I did not realize the wait between episode 1 and 2 was four months.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen again.

This is my favorite Borderlands game so far, although I haven't yet played the Pre-Sequel.

But are they spoiling stuff? I don't remember
    Zombie, hole-in-stomach, glass-dome-headed Commandant Steele from Borderlands 1 or 2.

RT800 on
  • Options
    RT800 wrote: »

This is my favorite Borderlands game so far, although I haven't yet played the Pre-Sequel.

Zombie, hole-in-stomach, glass-dome-headed Commandant Steele from Borderlands 1 or 2.
    She popped up that way in the final story-DLC for BL1.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I can't stop listening to the soundtrack and I kind of want to play Tales from the Borderlands tonight and I can't escape and I think I am getting the shakes send help

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I can't stop listening to the soundtrack and I kind of want to play Tales from the Borderlands tonight and I can't escape and I think I am getting the shakes send help

Loader Bot to the rescue

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    :bro:

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6d2EYm6KJI&feature=youtu.be
    Episode 3 of Game of Thrones, "The Sword in the Darkness," will be released this week

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    guess that's a good excuse to play ep 2 as well

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

She popped up that way in the final story-DLC for BL1.
    "Why is this hole here?!"

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Ok, I am really late to the party with this, but I've finally been going through some more of Back to the Future the game, and DANG there's some neat plot twists in here. It seemed kind of dull during the first episode, but it really got interesting. I just finished up ep4, and
    having alternate timeline doc working against you in the next game is something I would never have expected from these games, but is REALLY interesting. I like how they're getting even deeper into the issues with mucking around with time, but on a more personal level.

I haven't played any of the series later than this, but this has to be at least as good as anything they've done earlier.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    easter is a good opportunity to play some telltale games

finally finished episode 5 of Wolf, now I'm downloading GoT

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    oh man, GoT picked the best possible place to start

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I was about to show mercy and be a nice guy like I usually do in videogames

but then I remembered I was in the ASoIaF universe...

• Options
    AAAAAGGHHH

Don't put maggots in my foot, you psychopath!!!

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Why would you show mercy to a guy who...
    To a guy who brutally murdered your immediate family?

Also maggots are a pretty decent way of cleaning dead tissue out of wounds. Helps them heal faster.

Gundi on
  • Options
    yeah, I probably wouldn't have shown mercy anyway

but it felt much more like the right thing to do than usual because of the setting we're in

• Options
    oh shit

GoT ep 2
    I wasn't expecting Rodrik to be alive

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm playing episode 3 now and the Mira sections are definitely driving home the moral of nobody gives a shit about your problems

This game stresses me out way more than Walking Dead ever did

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Siiiiigh
    I'm gonna have to murder Cotter in the woods, aren't I

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So this post will be about both Borderlands through Episode 2 AND Game of Thrones through Episode 3, but I'll separate them into distinct spoilers so that you can just read one part if you only want to respond to that part.

Borderlands:
    I'm shipping Rhys and Sasha, which is super dumb and the developers are laughing at me for it. Still, the scan of her in the last area DID point out that she's "Friendlier...ish", so they had to know the potential was there. Anyway, I'm playing both groups fairly friendly to each other, it was interesting to see how surprised and pleased Rhys is if you call him your friend in the garage. I figured he deserved it since Loaderbot bailed Fiona + Sasha out from Athena murdering them.

Speaking of Loaderbot, I wonder about the branching here. If you agree to betray Vaughn, Vasquez sends down a fresh Loaderbot. How does that interact with the one already out there (whether exploded or not)?

In the end, I sided with Fiona. Siding with Jack, whose VERY FIRST introduced character trait was "gleeful betrayal" would make you a prize idiot, imo. I mean, his pitch is basically "I probably won't kill your friends doing this... maybe... if I'm able to... and want to." Fiona's plan LOOKS stupid, but hopefully there's SOMETHING to it.

Game of Thrones:
    The only good feeling is the sure knowledge that Telltale won't let things go TOO well until the end (if even then). By the same token, I don't have to worry about screwing things up too badly. My main question this time was whether to burn the letter from Tyrion or not. Isn't there a chance that some people didn't broker this deal? Or are you sort of railroaded towards it? The knife decision is EASY to forecast, it's the same as ditching or keeping the weapon in 400 Days TWD. If you ditch, they find it. If you keep it, they search you or your stuff at some point, and find it. My only question is, how does finding a random knife lead back to you? Not exactly worried about CSI: Westeros... Back to the document, I assumed if I burned it, it would end the storyline... but maybe there's a copy somewhere. It's also possible that having it would somehow allow you to still keep working towards the deal. For example, that might be enough to convince that "let's make a deal" guy to side with you...

Basically right now in GoT, there's so many variables and it's REALLY hard to decide which choices are real and which ones are TT just messing with you before forcing down a one way road. For example, it seems a certainty that all roads lead to you killing that guy on the wall, even if you give him every out and slash his arm instead of going for an obviously fatal blow. All so they can force you out towards the North Grove with no danger of players choosing NOT to desert. I stand by not going for the fatality though, it'll make it easier to talk about my intentions later if they're not able to say "If it was an accident, how did you punt him off the wall?!" or whatever.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    So this post will be about both Borderlands through Episode 2 AND Game of Thrones through Episode 3, but I'll separate them into distinct spoilers so that you can just read one part if you only want to respond to that part.

Borderlands:
    I'm shipping Rhys and Sasha, which is super dumb and the developers are laughing at me for it. Still, the scan of her in the last area DID point out that she's "Friendlier...ish", so they had to know the potential was there. Anyway, I'm playing both groups fairly friendly to each other, it was interesting to see how surprised and pleased Rhys is if you call him your friend in the garage. I figured he deserved it since Loaderbot bailed Fiona + Sasha out from Athena murdering them.

Speaking of Loaderbot, I wonder about the branching here. If you agree to betray Vaughn, Vasquez sends down a fresh Loaderbot. How does that interact with the one already out there (whether exploded or not)?

In the end, I sided with Fiona. Siding with Jack, whose VERY FIRST introduced character trait was "gleeful betrayal" would make you a prize idiot, imo. I mean, his pitch is basically "I probably won't kill your friends doing this... maybe... if I'm able to... and want to." Fiona's plan LOOKS stupid, but hopefully there's SOMETHING to it.

Game of Thrones:
    The only good feeling is the sure knowledge that Telltale won't let things go TOO well until the end (if even then). By the same token, I don't have to worry about screwing things up too badly. My main question this time was whether to burn the letter from Tyrion or not. Isn't there a chance that some people didn't broker this deal? Or are you sort of railroaded towards it? The knife decision is EASY to forecast, it's the same as ditching or keeping the weapon in 400 Days TWD. If you ditch, they find it. If you keep it, they search you or your stuff at some point, and find it. My only question is, how does finding a random knife lead back to you? Not exactly worried about CSI: Westeros... Back to the document, I assumed if I burned it, it would end the storyline... but maybe there's a copy somewhere. It's also possible that having it would somehow allow you to still keep working towards the deal. For example, that might be enough to convince that "let's make a deal" guy to side with you...

Basically right now in GoT, there's so many variables and it's REALLY hard to decide which choices are real and which ones are TT just messing with you before forcing down a one way road. For example, it seems a certainty that all roads lead to you killing that guy on the wall, even if you give him every out and slash his arm instead of going for an obviously fatal blow. All so they can force you out towards the North Grove with no danger of players choosing NOT to desert. I stand by not going for the fatality though, it'll make it easier to talk about my intentions later if they're not able to say "If it was an accident, how did you punt him off the wall?!" or whatever.

Borderlands:

Rhys and Sasha were both adorable and hilarious together, and I would love more scenes with them together

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Fiona's plan looks more than just stupid.
    I mean what even is her plan? Blow herself and Rhys up along with the mystical McGuffin? And then the bad guys just kill Vaughn and Sasha anyway?

I mean I'm sure it'll work out and the grenade will just end up teleporting them all somewhere or something because it's a video game and it can't just end with "and then they died", but if you were in Rhys' position in real life there would be NO reason to trust Fiona's plan given the available information.

Jack is the only logical choice.

RT800 on
  • Options
    Jack isn't logical at all!
    The man is a psychopath who has already tried to kill you once and is known as one of the worst mobsters in Pandoran history.

Letting him take control is basically suicide by Jack

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Letting Jack have control is certainly a risk, and not one I'd normally be inclined to take if given a choice, but Rhys it's a real tight spot and Fiona is about to fucking blow us both up.

If I'm in Rhys' shoes, Jack is my only out.

RT800 on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    TftB: Episode 2 spoilers.
    Jack would murder every single person in that room for shits and giggles.

If you disagree, you haven't been paying attention.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Also, I just finished GoT: Episode 3.
    I'm really hoping that I broke things off with Tyrion in time.

I've botched things badly enough with Margaery as it is, I don't need Cersei fitting me for a chopping block as well.

Anyway, I saved Beshka instead of Malcolm, obeyed Margaery and avoided Tyrion, walked away from killing Britt, submitted to Gryff, and kept the Ironwood Decree.

And I patched things up with Finn, but I didn't tell him about Cotter.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Jack's a narcissistic sociopath, not a psychotic axe-murderer.