As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Telltale Games] The Vault of the Traveler

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hang on

Did the entirety of this season of the TV show manage to air between Telltale episodes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Is the next Game of Thrones episode ever coming out
    They have seen how poorly this season of the show was recieved so they're taking more inspiration from George R R Martin and waiting another 3 years to release it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Hang on

Did the entirety of this season of the TV show manage to air between Telltale episodes

It did indeed

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    Episode 4 came out last month so I'm guessing episode 5 is next month.

• Options
    Butcher wrote: »
    Episode 4 came out last month so I'm guessing episode 5 is next month.

Haha whoa
    I totally missed that this came out

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I've been so bummed out about Batman being gross that I totally forgot this came out

I know what I am doing tonight!!

wait hey blank hey what do you mean by this

do I need to be sad about batman again? I don't wanna be sad about batman again

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    I've been so bummed out about Batman being gross that I totally forgot this came out

The gameplay itself is fine except for shitty Batmobile puzzles

But the game does not treat it's female cast even remotely well and it is very upsetting

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »

The gameplay itself is fine except for shitty Batmobile puzzles

But the game does not treat it's female cast even remotely well and it is very upsetting

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Steam
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I just finished Episode 3 of Borderlands.

Spoilers within.
    I blamed Felix because he's not here, and he sold me out. Vasquez still ended up with a case of, uh... stomach problems, bit then again he should've kept his mouth shut. Also, Gortys is everything I didn't know I wanted or needed in a Borderlands game.

I accepted help from Vallory, because, hey, Fiona's a smart business woman, she's a smart business women, they're both smart business women, they should be friends. Then I kind of shoved a flashbang in her mouth and blew her head off. Whoops.

I told Jack he could shove his "partnership" where the sun don't shine. He didn't like that. Too bad. I didn't put all that work into killing the homicidal asshole just to make nice later.

I refused to let Sasha fall and gave her the flower. I'm still trying to decide if she and Rhys would make a good match. Probably not until Jack is out of Rhys' head, though I'm assuming that's probably easier said than done. Plus, I don't think Sasha's done with August yet, even though August is a selfish dickhole. Still, they've been through a lot the past couple of days. They deserve a nice night out on the... artifical... jungle... dome... thing.

I convinced Athena not to kill Cassius. I almost let her go through with it, just because I couldn't imagine what I'd do in that same position after being put through so much trauma by Atlas, but we need to keep our options open, and indiscriminate murder doesn't seem appropriate. Plus, I like Athena, and I think she deserves to know that she can give up the Vault Hunter and/or assassin gig whenever she wants to.

I may or may not have shouted "Fuck you, Brick!" when he punched Fiona out. I expect better from him. And Mordecai too, I guess. But seriously, fuck Brick. Dick move.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Spoilers within.
    I blamed Felix because he's not here, and he sold me out. Vasquez still ended up with a case of, uh... stomach problems, bit then again he should've kept his mouth shut. Also, Gortys is everything I didn't know I wanted or needed in a Borderlands game.

I accepted help from Vallory, because, hey, Fiona's a smart business woman, she's a smart business women, they're both smart business women, they should be friends. Then I kind of shoved a flashbang in her mouth and blew her head off. Whoops.

I told Jack he could shove his "partnership" where the sun don't shine. He didn't like that. Too bad. I didn't put all that work into killing the homicidal asshole just to make nice later.

I refused to let Sasha fall and gave her the flower. I'm still trying to decide if she and Rhys would make a good match. Probably not until Jack is out of Rhys' head, though I'm assuming that's probably easier said than done. Plus, I don't think Sasha's done with August yet, even though August is a selfish dickhole. Still, they've been through a lot the past couple of days. They deserve a nice night out on the... artifical... jungle... dome... thing.

I convinced Athena not to kill Cassius. I almost let her go through with it, just because I couldn't imagine what I'd do in that same position after being put through so much trauma by Atlas, but we need to keep our options open, and indiscriminate murder doesn't seem appropriate. Plus, I like Athena, and I think she deserves to know that she can give up the Vault Hunter and/or assassin gig whenever she wants to.

I may or may not have shouted "Fuck you, Brick!" when he punched Fiona out. I expect better from him. And Mordecai too, I guess. But seriously, fuck Brick. Dick move.

For those who haven't played Borderlands the pre-sequel...
    Brick, Mordecai, and Lilith interviewing a captured Athena is the narrative setup for the whole game

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Kana wrote: »

Spoilers within.

For those who haven't played Borderlands the pre-sequel...
    Brick, Mordecai, and Lilith interviewing a captured Athena is the narrative setup for the whole game
    I will admit, I was really glad when they started setting that up.

For a minute there, I was afraid that Vallory had killed Athena/Springs would end up coming after me for getting Athena killed.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Just hit the credits sequence for episode 3
    OH MY GOD GORTYS IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD HOLY SHIT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see what she looks like when complete. Of course, the fact that the present-day Rhys and Fiona found the Energy Chassis part by itself doesn't exactly bode well for the little bot. I have to admit, I never expected the story to go back to Helios. Can't wait to see how Vallory and her goons handle Hyperion security.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    I love the openings for Tales from the Borderlands. They've all been great.

• Options

Pretty much as soon as Gortys showed up I started trying to figure out how I could make one

Steam
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    I love the openings for Tales from the Borderlands. They've all been great.

And we've still got two more to go!

• Options
    Finally played Episode 2 of Borderlands
    - Told Sasha to help Rhys
    - Bought the Scooter special
    - Didn't look at Sasha's gift
    - Shot Finch with Corrosive
    - Told Vaughn about Handsome Jack
    - Went to Hollow Point
    - Brofisted Vaughn
    - Trusted Fiona

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing it's a thing with these types of games, but having "[Person] will remember this." pop up every so often gives whatever choice that was an amount of gravity (imo) that it really shouldn't be advertising. It kind of takes me out of the game for a moment, and no matter what the choice itself is, I think maybe it wasn't the right one somehow.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So if I'm gonna get into a Telltale game, should I make it Tales from the Borderlands? I've watched someone else... Wolf Among Us, Season 1 and part of Season 2 of Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. The only real stinker on that list is S2 of Walking Dead, imo.

Maybe it's time I played one?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    So if I'm gonna get into a Telltale game, should I make it Tales from the Borderlands? I've watched someone else... Wolf Among Us, Episode 1 and part of Episode 2 of Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. The only real stinker on that list is Ep. 2 of Walking Dead, imo.

Absolutely play Borderlands.

Wolf and Walking Dead S1 are both great, but Borderlands might be my favorite thing Telltale has done so far.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Deffo play borderlands

Even if you don't like any of the other borderlands stuff

TftB has the kind of comic chops that most other games can only dream of

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Borderlands is awesome, and I didn't play BL2 or The Pre Sequel until playing the first two episodes of the Telltale game.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Sorce wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a thing with these types of games, but having "[Person] will remember this." pop up every so often gives whatever choice that was an amount of gravity (imo) that it really shouldn't be advertising. It kind of takes me out of the game for a moment, and no matter what the choice itself is, I think maybe it wasn't the right one somehow.

If it's any comfort, you're not alone in being thrown off by the 'will remember that' messages.
    rbxovYp.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I did like that moment, yeah.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The earlier games used to let you hide those messages; I really miss being able to do that. I prefer to find out what decisions have consequences later; it makes the framework that makes these games tick just a little less visible...

I also finally remembered to play Episode 4 of Game of Thrones today!
    I called Whitehill on his bluff, but that scene was actually kind of tense despite the fact that I'm pretty much prepared for everything to go as bad as possible all the time.

I like the Asher and Gared sideplots the most. The Forrester homebase one is too grim, and the Kings Landing stuff feels just entirely too... finnicky? No one is ever happy with me! I had Mira promise purple-jacket that she'd totally back him up by not sharing the Lannister dude's secret, then immediately used it to threaten him with. I also had her lie for her Flowers friend because she's been kind of annoyed with her lately and I owed her one for getting me into the banquet in the first place.

Asher's sidequest is fun and dashing and Beshka is a cool lady (who I totally let get her revenge, Dany is the worsttttt). Gared is a nice guy who gets caught up in some hard things and now has to do his best for his family; he feels the most real out of the characters in the game, I think, so I like him quite a lot.

ALSO GOD, RAMSEY, GO AWAY ALREADY

Steam
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    So if I'm gonna get into a Telltale game, should I make it Tales from the Borderlands? I've watched someone else... Wolf Among Us, Episode 1 and part of Episode 2 of Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. The only real stinker on that list is Ep. 2 of Walking Dead, imo.

Absolutely play Borderlands.

Wolf and Walking Dead S1 are both great, but Borderlands might be my favorite thing Telltale has done so far.

I'll watch for that next sale, then

a small income might start happening, soon!

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I think my favorite meta joke in all of Telltale is that Finch & Kroger are Lee Everett and Bigby Wolf

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I think my favorite meta joke in all of Telltale is that Finch & Kroger are Lee Everett and Bigby Wolf
    holy shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    gonna get me some borderlands when I finish these two rough drafts

as a "hooray I'm doing work" reward

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    I got LeClemaine, but woah.

Who is Handsome Jack!?[/facetious]

• Options
    ...Touchgoal?

• Options
    Loaderbot, enha - !

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/HAnRtMEDrvU

The leads are voiced by Patton Oswalt and Ashley Johnson with the rest of the cast including Brian Posehn, Scott Porter, Martha Plimpton, Dave Fennoy, Corey Feldman, Billy West, and Paul Reubens. With more to be announced.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm good thanks

• Options
    I'm good thanks
    I never gave a shit about Borderlands' story and TftBL is my favorite Telltale thing ever so I'm willing to give then the benefit of the block-shaped doubt on this one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I can't dig on the aesthetic

• Options
    I can't dig on the aesthetic
    I can't dig on your aesthetic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options