As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV] Get to Work...and De-Ball Those Bands

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    You can't talk about it's ridiculousness without showing the trailer, cmon now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7pGdsJQmao

I lost my shit at "Shut it down."

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Oh my god... Leslie's walk across the ice might be my favorite Parks moment so far.

GET ON YOUR FEET

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Also I ~literally~ cried at the end of the second episode of Parks and Recreation this week. Willy Nelson really got me.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This Ann/Tom relationship bothers me. It just doesn't work.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    The writers figure that out soon enough too

just sit back and enjoy Bobby Newport while he lasts

• Options
    So you know how Transparent is free today?

Just watched the first episode and I mostly like it

Jeffrey Tambor is excellent, I found the support group scene really moving

the younger two siblings are funny and interesting

but good God do I hate the older sister and her
    super overt baiting of Jan to cheat with her

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Is it usually free if you're a prime member?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Is it usually free if you're a prime member?

Yeah

• Options
    Holy shit, Pawnee and their water fountain problem is fucking incredible.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

"Then wait 30 seconds and turn it back on"

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »

"Then wait 30 seconds and turn it back on"

I just thought of Jack Donaghy and Gold Case.

• Options
    You gotta run with something if Moon Vest likes it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I can't think of a single bad NBC show that 30 rock did

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    The husband and I have been watching a lot of Blue Bloods on Netflix. Pretty sure my favorite parts of that show are the family dinners.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I need someone who's seen The Good Wife to assure me that this awful subplot with Alicia's son will get better eventually or at least mercifully end at some point because it is a fucking anchor on this show right now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Anyone watch Backstrom?

There's like 40% of a really good show there but it's buried under stuff like Dwight Schrute being miscast as a 60 year old prick who is also a master detective, a character I assume is supposed to be his son but who is again cleary only like five years younger than him and a Doctor berating a man who again is only like 40 about his 60 year old health issues.

It's weird

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Anyone watch Backstrom?

There's like 40% of a really good show there but it's buried under stuff like Dwight Schrute being miscast as a 60 year old prick who is also a master detective, a character I assume is supposed to be his son but who is again cleary only like five years younger than him and a Doctor berating a man who again is only like 40 about his 60 year old health issues.

It's weird

I just looked up some ages.

The guy playing his son is, like, 27. Which is about right considering that Rainn Wilson is nearly fifty.

I was surprised too.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Just finished Transparent

it was pretty good, overall! Maura's story is still way more affecting than any of the kids (who are awful, but have their moments)

It does have the side effect of making me feel way less hopeless about my life. It would be difficult to have it together less than these people

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I need someone who's seen The Good Wife to assure me that this awful subplot with Alicia's son will get better eventually or at least mercifully end at some point because it is a fucking anchor on this show right now

there are a couple of kid plots and they all annoyed me. they don't drag on for too long though.

it's like pickles on a really good burger when you don't like pickles. but you can't have the burger if you take off the pickles!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Anyone watch Backstrom?

It's weird

I saw that they have the line, "the truth is always dark, that's how you know it's the truth" and my eyes rolled right out of my head

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So is Backstom basically House MD as a cop?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Anyone watch Backstrom?

It's weird

I saw that they have the line, "the truth is always dark, that's how you know it's the truth" and my eyes rolled right out of my head

I want to believe its a parody and thats why they chose Wilson but its from the makers of Bones so god knows whats up.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

House MD was already Sherlock Holmes as a doctor.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Backstom is garbage as a tv show

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

Nah, House was at least smart. Backstrom just seems like an asshole who gets lucky on his hunches occasionally.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Backstrom is a script someone dug out of the garbage outside the Key & Peele offices but nobody got the joke

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Nicky Augustine has had about 10-15 minutes of screentime on Justified s4 so far, but has already delivered three of my favourite lines on the show so far.

"I love the way you talk... using 40 words where 4 will do"
    "What're you going to do with Ellen May? Take her to Six Flags"
    "I'm going to need Google Translate on my phone to talk to you"

• Options
    [
    411Randle wrote: »

Nah, House was at least smart. Backstrom just seems like an asshole who gets lucky on his hunches occasionally.

Except he was right about everything. Like if he had missed the gun or something sure but he was right about every person involved in the murder. He needed clues and info but ultimatly his hunches were accurate. Thats the problem. Hes such a prick it would be better if he went on false leads a few times to show his attitude gets in the way.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    They probably will do that but only after they have established that he's the best around.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    holy shit

"because no one... will ever believe you"

http://i.gyazo.com/9e2458c87f017d69b14dcbfd2b9639c0.gif

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Holt is the best.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I played CharDee MacDennis on Friday night.

And I was literally poisoned during it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So I played CharDee MacDennis on Friday night.

And I was literally poisoned during it.

I cannot think of a single reason to be surprised by the second part of this post, assuming you believe the first part.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I won the first game and let me tell you, smashing the hell out of another team's tokens is extremely gratifying.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Finally watched the new Justified.

"You know he once told me he worked at Disney World dressed as Goofy. In a water skiing show."

"Well, some guys just peak too early."

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I'M WATCHIN' MY STORIES

Episode 19: Four Hundred Thousand Dollars
    Alex battles his own lousy audio quality and co-host Hannah's truly stunning radio voice to cover The Librarians (1-2) and Empire (1-2), then play some good Texas Football with Friday Night Lights (1-4). ANGRY NEIGHBORS QUIET TALKING CAN'T PODCAST

subscribe here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ImWatchinMyStories

or download here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/imwatchinmystories/episode_19_complete.mp3

it is pretty good, you guys

• Options
    I'll listen when you do a Golden Girls marathon.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    Finally watched the new Justified.

"You know he once told me he worked at Disney World dressed as Goofy. In a water skiing show."

"Well, some guys just peak too early."

Tim Gutterson, secret Justified MVP

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Well. Galavant has been entirely worth it for the Anthiny Stewart Head cameo.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.