As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Because Geebs' Inquisitor is getting too old for this shit

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ah ha ha, Blackwall spoilers (via Cole)
    dIF6KmO.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I don't know if I mentioned in this thread, but my Dwarf is set on scaling the Blackwall.

Though I did flirt with Cullen for a while just because I could and I knew he wouldn't take it seriously.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So we have riding the Bull
    Scaling the Wall
    What else can we do here

• Options
    Exploring the Fade, I guess?

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Endgame spoilers
    Taming the Wolf

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Befriending Red Jenny

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Schtupping the Seeker

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    One thing I like a lot about DA:I is that it directly addresses one of my biggest issues with origins and 2

general vague spoilers
    Namely, who the fuck are you and why should you have that much impact on the world?

The game expressly makes you earn your ability to be the person calling the shots by accruing power and influence, reinforcing it mechanically and through the narrative

but at the same time, it also sets it in a place where the nobility realizes that you're still an x-factor, some random person who could throw a wrench in all the gears spinning, so it's clear that after the battle is done, you'll have to fight to hold on to what you've earned, unlike origins where 'yeah sure you can be king I guess'

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Schtupping the Seeker

Divining the Divine

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Endgame spoilers
    Taming the Wolf
    Hungry Like the Wolf

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Hoisting the Anchor

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Climbing (to) the Commander

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hullis wrote: »
    One thing I like a lot about DA:I is that it directly addresses one of my biggest issues with origins and 2

general vague spoilers
    Namely, who the fuck are you and why should you have that much impact on the world?

The game expressly makes you earn your ability to be the person calling the shots by accruing power and influence, reinforcing it mechanically and through the narrative

but at the same time, it also sets it in a place where the nobility realizes that you're still an x-factor, some random person who could throw a wrench in all the gears spinning, so it's clear that after the battle is done, you'll have to fight to hold on to what you've earned, unlike origins where 'yeah sure you can be king I guess'

I also really like how

ending-ish spoilers I guess
    At some point even if you have no interest in the power, you just can't get off of that tiger you're riding. In the beginning of the story you're like, welp, first I'm closing the blight and then I'm going back home to my clan.

By the end of the game it's not even a practical option. If you leave everything's fucked, you're a keystone in Thedas' politics now. You can't just say "no thanks" to that sort of role.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Scouting the Hinterlands
    Sadly not an actual option

• Options
    I really do with my Lady Dwarf Inquisitor could pal around with Harding and Dagna

There are not enough dwarves in these games

• Options
    Petting the Pentaghast

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I mean, China had gunpowder for more than four centuries before the Europeans even knew about it.

Gunpowder's instantaneous and dramatic influence is usually radically overstated.

And I'm willing to bet that whatever the Qunari have is more like early Chinese mortars and bombs than some crack Napoleonic artillery battery.

The thing with gunpowder is that its power is directly proportional to your ability to contain and direct the blast into a projectile. The Chinese had early bamboo and even bronze guns/cannons, but the bamboo gun was basically a one-and-done (and had little range), and the bronze cannons were so small and weak that they couldn't handle much of a blast, even if you braced them.

It wasn't until you had stuff like cast iron and (more importantly) steel that you could dependably produce something that wasn't prone to just exploding in your face, especially for individual firearms. But that level of metallurgy requires the advent of things like the blast furnace.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Chipping Away at the Paragon's Luster

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Schtupping the Seeker

Divining the Divine

The Divine Just In 'Ya

• Options
    I mean, China had gunpowder for more than four centuries before the Europeans even knew about it.

Gunpowder's instantaneous and dramatic influence is usually radically overstated.

And I'm willing to bet that whatever the Qunari have is more like early Chinese mortars and bombs than some crack Napoleonic artillery battery.

The thing with gunpowder is that its power is directly proportional to your ability to contain and direct the blast into a projectile. The Chinese had early bamboo and even bronze guns/cannons, but the bamboo gun was basically a one-and-done (and had little range), and the bronze cannons were so small and weak that they couldn't handle much of a blast, even if you braced them.

It wasn't until you had stuff like cast iron and (more importantly) steel that you could dependably produce something that wasn't prone to just exploding in your face, especially for individual firearms. But that level of metallurgy requires the advent of things like the blast furnace.

Well I mean

They can make shit out of silverite

So basically mythril cannons

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

Well I mean

Yeah it's really vague what the Qunari can and can't do. I mean, let's be honest here, if mages were real, the level of technology would accelerate even faster, not stagnate into "guys with swords vs. guys who can blow up entire buildings".

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Tickling the Tevinter

488W936.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Well I mean

Yeah it's really vague what the Qunari can and can't do. I mean, let's be honest here, if mages were real, the level of technology would accelerate even faster, not stagnate into "guys with swords vs. guys who can blow up entire buildings".

That depends how easy it is to pass on magical knowledge.

I could see a society dependent on mages stagnating entirely if the death of a mage meant the loss of everything they knew and were capable of. Imagine if when Steve Jobs died all the computers stopped working.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Mounting the Montilyet.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Diplomatic Relations.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Courting Lady Josephine Montilyet and Treating Her With Respect and Affection

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Divin' in to Vivienne?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Divin' in to Vivienne?

Enchanting the Enchanter

• Options
    Reporting to the Commander

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Courting Lady Josephine Montilyet and Treating Her With Respect and Affection

This is perfect.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    GETTING IN YOUR DWARF HOLE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GETTING IN YOUR DWARF HOLE

thats just vulgar

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    DAO classic

"Witch Humping"

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    "The Bard Who Loved Me"

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    so you can't die from fall damage in the multiplayer

meaning if the game bugs out and says you still need to kill something in order to open the door but there are no enemies then you have no way to forfeit the mission and the only way anybody gets anything is if the host leaves (giving up all their exp and items) and the round resets

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    DAO classic

Mastering the Taint

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    DAO classic

Mastering the Taint

that's the obvious one

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Still, it must be said.

• Options
    Duncan Diving

• Options
    Vivienne's specialization is actually Night Enchanter

This discussion has been closed.