As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emu [Chat]

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Went to Starbucks to cheer myself up with pumpkin spice. Blue Christmas is playing on the radio. : /

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    apparently today is world snowboard day

also winter solstice obvi

here is a mini-doc with amazing snow in alaska

@desc @skippydumptruck @DasUberEdward‌ @spool32

poo
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    see I don't get depressing Christmas songs for this very reason

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    One of my managers is pushing really hard for us all to do acid on xmas

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

best job ever?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

you're gonna have a bad time.

• Options
    rad

poo
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Well the store is closed on Xmas. He means in a social setting.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

then you show up the next day and there's a surprise drug test and you're fired

• Options

I don't know your work environment, so grain of salt and all...

Generally taking drugs in any work context is probably not the best. Taking said drugs with a superior is usually worse.

But again, situations vary.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

maybe you should, but not because the manager is all about it

just, you know, for you

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I wanted to upload the first real ep of my video series today.

LOL

Back to the drawing board entirely instead.

• Options
    I wish I knew when I could come home.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

I'll see you on the dark side of the chu.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Are...you not allowed to go home?

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

I just want to slink back to my room. and cry. I don't want to deal with coming out to friends of my family that I don't care about.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Man and here I am stuck on the lame part of history where the military isn't just giving me LSD to see what happens.

• Options
    Of course my parents are going to quietly out me regardless but still.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Bogart I just started Icewind Dale a couple days ago as well. And apparently I missed the beetles? Was that a tutorial thing?

@Jacobkosh‌ - what is your party? There is little I care about more than discussing IWD parties right now.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Cind, I gotta ask, why isn't "get these people out of your life" not an option?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

I just want to slink back to my room. and cry. I don't want to deal with coming out to friends of my family that I don't care about.

:( Aww im sorry

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

I am not willing to give up my family. Also I am not in a financial situation where that is viable.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @kedinik‌ - the standard for terry stops dropped fast and hard all over the country following that case. I don't think NYC was an outlier in standards of suspicion. It just did more of them than most PDs, and the city is huge. But even if they were wrong on the standard, it doesn't mean that they shouldn't continue to do them. They should just do a better job of training officers on when and how to do them. You could also decriminalize carrying a small amount of marijuana, which would knock out a lot of the resulting arrests. The weapons I'm not sympathetic to at all. Produce a license for concealed carry or suffer the consequences IMO.

• Options
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am considering rerolling in IWD. . .

• Options
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am considering rerolling in IWD. . .

if you do...go straight powergamer and roll six fighters to dual at level three.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Well I'll leave it at that skfm, I don't think we'll agree on this. But thanks for clarifying.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Bogart I just started Icewind Dale a couple days ago as well. And apparently I missed the beetles? Was that a tutorial thing?

Jacobkosh‌ - what is your party? There is little I care about more than discussing IWD parties right now.

You are a strange strange man, SKFM

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    sup nerds

i inherited a keurig thingy at my sister's wedding yesterday. mom was just all, "you can take this home if you want it". mom is like that.

so uh

what is the best way to keurig? what are good brands? are those refillable cups annoying? reviews make them look annoying

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    cinders :(

• Options
    i think

after my big ski haus weekend jan 2nd-4th

i am going to go booze free for 30 days

going to get swole as fuq you don't even know

poo
  • Options
    there is a stray kitten hanging out behind my house and I'm going to capture him and take him to the pound.

don't want him to freeze, although i'm worried he won't get adopted and you know...what comes from that..

• Options
    Mim wrote: »
    there is a stray kitten hanging out behind my house and I'm going to capture him and take him to the pound.

don't want him to freeze, although i'm worried he won't get adopted and you know...what comes from that..

there are no-kill shelters at least

• Options

I am not willing to give up my family. Also I am not in a financial situation where that is viable.

i wish some [chat]ters lived out where you did so you'd have some place to stay when things get shittastic.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Why are you guys playing IntraUterine Device?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    sup nerds

i inherited a keurig thingy at my sister's wedding yesterday. mom was just all, "you can take this home if you want it". mom is like that.

so uh

what is the best way to keurig? what are good brands? are those refillable cups annoying? reviews make them look annoying

We have one at work.

It's cheaper than buying coffee at a coffee shop so I like it.

I usually go plain decaf, though, so I dunno if anything I say will help. :P

• Options
    But I go Folgers because it's decent coffee and it's cheap enough to make getting K-cups worthwhile.

If I go with a more expensive brand, then I may as well just spend a couple bucks at the coffee shop.

• Options
    Starbucks K-cups are vile.

• Options
    I'm not even really close enough to go visit my friends from school. There is literally nothing out here.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

i wish some [chat]ters lived out where you did so you'd have some place to stay when things get shittastic.

I'm out here but most of my help is being scary.

Seriously tho, @Cinders‌ you ever need something.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    sup nerds

so uh

the keurig brand refillable cup isn't terrible. it saves a lot of money. well worth the setup/clean-up in my opinion.

pretty much your favorite national/international brands are producing k-cup versions of their coffee, so you should be able to find some. however, there is significant cost associated with this route.

This discussion has been closed.