As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elite: Dangerous] - Docking request denied.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    you can find RESs that consistently spawn condas, clippers and dropships that pop for like 50k-200k

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Not mine, but funny.

https://youtu.be/3sNUve7w3Jg

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    THE WAR IS OVER

LONG LIVE THE FEDERATIONCRIMSON STATE GROUP

6yVWN0c.jpg?1

Playing both sides totally worked out, made 30 million credits in just event rewards.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I hope these events are common

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Yeah I wish I'd spent more time working community goals. I'm hitting Belobog again, until I can see what the next community goal is. After the civil war that just happened here, the pirate faction has 26% influence, so I'm gonna be running junk for the Alliance and hitting RES to burn down the pirate horde.

Also I turned in a shitload of exploration data because I'm running around with a combat tank asp that has the advanced and surface scanner.

• Options
    Also, @Tube, there's a pretty good rare trade route out my way, given the proximity to Lave, an easy to reach station that sells slaves if you need them for quick faction rep(Sobek), and I'd go private group with you if you wanted to farm RES for easy cash. I don't know if you're still flying solo only.

• Options
    I'm not playing at all at the moment, as I don't really have a gaming PC available. I'll let you know when I'm playing again though.

• Options
    Ah, ok. Hope the wait isn't too long for you to have a good rig again.

• Options
    The wait to get a computer could be a few days, but I won't have my flight stick back for at least a few months. I might hold off until then.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    If you want to jump in before you can get your good gear back, there's always a Logitech stick. Pretty cheap.

I saw some pictures earlier where a guy has a whole slide-out set-up that simulates the cockpit. HOTAS, foot pedals, keyboard on a tray in front of the chair that swivels around, and VR headset.

edit: Found it

http://i.imgur.com/AA1ScGh.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Quick question about stored ships, can I choose to go straight to a stored ship if/when I die?

The times I've died before I just had the basic Sidewinder anyway so I didn't have a lot of options to work with, and I couldn't seem to see information on it from a quick Google.

• Options
    370k for a one jump trade run? Yes please give me more of those missions.

Also, sweet ice cap.

AQSbqyN.jpg

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    That's not an ice cap, someone just dropped a really, really big snowball on the planet.

• Options
    Just killed a pirate named Drop Bear.

• Options
    Been building momentum for an Alliance faction in Belobog all day. At a civil war critical state again, but then I wasn't able to get any more missions for them from anywhere.

Gonna do a bit more cash farming, then I found a pulsar over 700Ly away I'd like to check out.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I think I might finally jump back into elite after not playing for like... 2 months

I'm gonna have no idea what to do with my under-upgraded Type 6

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I've been farming pirates at a crappy RES for so long now, with the goal of getting a jump drive that can actually go somewhere that I forgot how much one cost.

Turns out 100k less than what I've saved up so far... finally I am free of the Lave area. And holy shit is rare goods terrible now. I guess I'll find a high tech system so I can upgrade my shields, thrusters and hull on my Cobra so I have a better chance to fight off the entire wings of pirates that keep spawning now.

That Asp will never be mine at this rate.

• Options
    Still a few hundred light years away from this pulsar I want to check out, but I need sleep.

• Options
    Anyone know of a high tech system close to Lave? Or as close as possible at least.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    Anyone know of a high tech system close to Lave? Or as close as possible at least.

Leesti I think. It's been awhile since I played but I remember getting a whole bunch of upgrades there.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »

Leesti I think. It's been awhile since I played but I remember getting a whole bunch of upgrades there.

Yeah, George Lucas will have pretty much all your needs covered.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I've been farming pirates at a crappy RES for so long now, with the goal of getting a jump drive that can actually go somewhere that I forgot how much one cost.

Turns out 100k less than what I've saved up so far... finally I am free of the Lave area. And holy shit is rare goods terrible now. I guess I'll find a high tech system so I can upgrade my shields, thrusters and hull on my Cobra so I have a better chance to fight off the entire wings of pirates that keep spawning now.

That Asp will never be mine at this rate.

Also, I'm having some trouble parsing this. You have a low range jump drive, and you're "finally" free of the Lave area, and rare goods are "terrible". Have you maybe been rare goods-ing wrong? You need to haul them like ~150 LY to make them worth running.

This is like, how you do rares:
    Rares-Circuit-1.jpg

EDIT: Oh, wait I think I read you wrong. You didn't do rares until you got the range to get free of the Lave area. My mistake.

Cog on
  • Options
    Yeah I did the Lave> Fujin run in an Adder way back when to afford the Cobra, but I stupidly upgraded everything except the jump drive. So for the last three months I've been stuck around Lave with a Unladen range of 11LY, and I suck at combat. It's been a drag. And now rares got nerfed and I'm making, in my Cobra with well over double the cargo capacity to the Adder.... more or less the same as I did back then. Although I did make enough to upgrade to something slightly more combat capable... so maybe I'll hit the high intensity conflict zone in Leesti.

• Options
    To be fair, rares were pretty bananas money back then.

• Options
    Just haul huge loads of gold from Sobek to 78 Ursae Majoris

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Any time I ever find a high tech system I always right its name down. They're rare enough that its worth keeping a list of just them. (Although you can usually find one in some direction 50ly< if you're in inhabited space.)

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of rares, this contest went live after a false start
    The Titan Blacks are a rare good available in unlimited supply, and the first five players to retrieve and sell a canister of the Titan Black prototypes at Godel Ring in the Ededleen system will be rewarded with a real Titan Black, with an RRP of £899.

Crucially, the entire objective, from collection to sale of the canisters MUST happen in Open Play. That means the collection must be made in Open Play, the journey to Godel Ring must be made in Open Play, and the sale must be made in Open Play.

Remember: you don't have to BUY the canister, only retrieve and SELL the canister. And so the question is: will you go hunting across the galaxy for the one starport selling Titan Blacks? Or will you blockade Godel Ring and lie in wait?

Who wants to Wing up and camp Godel Ring?

Fugitive on
  • Options
    It's a cool idea, but why would anyone jettison the cargo? Fuck you, kill me then. At least you won't get it.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Seriously eyeing this game if I can find a good cheap joystick rig (I'm thinking vintage CH Pro, plus USB adapter, since those have aged well - how badly do I need a rudder?)

Basically, what does this game really need for a good control scheme, and/or is KB-M actually good instead of just playable?

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Just spent a couple hours watching tv and trading between a refinery and a high tech station near alliance space.

Only made about 200k, but that will probably go up once I actually get enough money to be able to afford to fill my cargo hold.

Also might try to find a station that isn't 44k LY away from the star.

Might go switch to the adder I have stored from rare goods trading and trade it in for a viper (since rare goods apparently isn't what it used to be)

combat seems to be good times these days

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It's a cool idea, but why would anyone jettison the cargo? Fuck you, kill me then. At least you won't get it.

I see this point and raise you a Hatch Breaker Limpet Controller

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Ran the numbers on that vintage CH Pro setup and honestly, between the adapter cables and shipping costs the price difference between that and a lightly used X-52 is actually negligible

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Having a lot of trouble getting this to control with a 360 controller. Thrust is all over the place when I set it to the right trigger. Maybe it's not designed for that?

• Options
    I'm one or two jumps away from PSR J0108-1431, scanning some stuff that nobody has explored yet.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Welp. I was hoping for a pulsar that you could see spinning, tossing off rays, but nope. It's a tiny spec that you can't get any closer than about 13Ls before you get grav dropped.

https://youtu.be/jty69U5YqKw

LLyAuoq.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    Taking a short break, and then I've got to burn hard back to Alioth.

I left a mission cooking; I can make 750Ly in an hour, right?

• Options
    Apparently there is a new community exploration goal-

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

BZ1zUBY.png

• Options
    I found a water world terraforming candidate. Atmo is just over 70% ammonia.

• Options
    I got my name attached to a whole bunch of first discoveries, and I just submitted five pages full of exploration data to the Alliance goal in Tsu.

• Options
    ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    I've been feeling pretty mercenary, lately. What are the rewards like? Is it worth getting back into my Asp?