As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocksmith 2014] This DLC has me at an All Time Low *3 pack*

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    I would think More Than Words would be more of an acoustic fingerpicked type song.

Yeah, that one I actually had tab for many, many years ago. Never quite got it down, though.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I just got the poison song because of the Simpsons.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    This will also help me test my theory that Every Rose and Don't Know What You've Got are basically the same song.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Does anyone here have any experience with Line 6 gear and any high end multifunction pedals in general? I haven't looked in years, and started looking at first at something like the m9/m13 which is just a stomp box modeler. Then I fell down the rabbithole and started looking at the Firehawk that just came out, as I'm doing a little recording with a friend and used to use an iRig for homer recording/fucking around. They all act as pre-amps so that you can record on your pc fairly easily it seems. This all led to me looking at their JT-59 Variax which seemed really cool. I wasn't even in the market for a new guitar.

I'm just kind of watching ebay right now, and looking for a steal on anything I'm looking for while researching. In no rush. Right now I think I'm looking at a Boss GT-10/100, Line 6 firehawk or HD500. The firehawk won't be on ebay, and may be what I'm looking for, although in the past I wasn't a fan of running these through a nice amp, and I like mine, I didn't like the fakeness they added. I like the sound of my gear. I'm going to play with some at guitar center over the next few days if I have time to get in before work.

Haven't seen a general gear thread around in here in ages, and know there's some experienced people here who have probably played with a bunch of different stuff.

Was playing today and came across one of my favorite songs to play that I only played because it was a weekly challenge. It also may have the best music video of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPfQvLIseA

Random question about the game. The 60 day challenge, I've never completed it because most of my time in game since I signed up is offline. But I"m curious if anybody knows if time at the main menu counts? I spend a lot of time there just playing like an amp. I hate that you have to re-tune to standard for session mode at times. Grrrr.

Also, in my search for pedals, one thing that would be awesome for this game to add would be a looper. With next gen/PC this is easy as you're guaranteed to have a HD. But basically be able to record 30 seconds, say a power chord riff, then have it repeat as you play over it. I hope they make another one of these and add in a bunch of features like that. Maybe even a full blown 4 track recorder. My little iRig had it, I'm sure the game could do that with some allotted HD space. If that's allowed on the consoles.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well that's nice Boston Amanda is a song I really want to learn how to play but it's not on steam right now

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well that's nice Boston Amanda is a song I really want to learn how to play but it's not on steam right now
    @Brainleech
    You can look up the chords right now to get a feel for the changes

http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/boston-amanda-tab-s32192t0

I don't know why Steam seems to keep messing up the DLC. I may have to get/learn this song as I'm listening to it on this site. I kind of want them all. It's a solid pack.

If anybody doesn't recognize one of the songs, I'd recommend youtubing it, you probably know it.

• Options
    Weird. Glad I grabbed Amanda when I did. (Hmmm ... That could probably have been phrased better.)

Played through all of them last night and generally enjoyed myself although I wasn't having a lot of success trying to fingerpick More Than Words.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm, having my computer stop working is really bumming me out in terms of fiddling with my guitar.

I mean, my friend let me borrow his amp, but it's not the same...

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    @Tommatt You say you are doing recordings with a friend. Might I recommend you go the software route as opposed to the hardware route then? It is usually cheaper and you'll get about the same results you would from buying a lot of the amp emulation hardware gear. All that stuff is really doing is software on the inside anyhow. Amplitube has a free version you can at least check out. I think you can even demo some other stuff before committing to buying it. My band just recently used it to track our guitars for our new album. It worked really well and sounds pretty good as is. We'll still be re-amping the clean signal later for the final sound. Just as long as you know how to run a VST instrument in whatever software you are using to record.

So uh, Rocksmith. I haven't played you in awhile because of aforementioned album working, but I know I'm behind on some DLC now. Should be fun to eventually catch up.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    @Tommatt time only counts while in Learn A Song, and it's gotta be at least 1hour straight. I think it may count while actively in lessons as well, but not 100% sure on that. It was posted on the official forums a while back and is very stupid.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    @Tommatt time only counts while in Learn A Song, and it's gotta be at least 1hour straight. I think it may count while actively in lessons as well, but not 100% sure on that. It was posted on the official forums a while back and is very stupid.

I hate that 1 hour restriction because I think most days I end up in the 45-50 minute range (just based on when I'm able to start and when I have to stop).

• Options
    I can kind of understand the being in menu's not counting, but the game knows if you're playing guitar or not at the menu. One thing I have to wonder, on PC, why am I limited to 4 saved tones? I have a bunch of other number keys doing nothing.

• Options
    Y'know, if they're going to include power ballads, then the audience needs to be holding up lighters, at least if you're doing well.

And for bonus points, somehow incorporate the smell of spilled Budweiser and cheap weed.

• Options
    Well looks like I have a new piece of gear coming. I was really planning on trying it out before even thinking of buying, but caught a steal on ebay on a Line 6 500HD. Feel at the very least I should be able to play with it a little bit and sell it for what I paid for fairly easy. I've actually never even used a line 6 product. Guess I'll try the Variax out this weekend.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It seems Creep by Radiohead is this weeks
    Boo hiss

• Options
    This Tuesday's DLC: Seether

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    This Tuesday's DLC: Seether

Looks like a 3 pack

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The Veruca Salt song?

J/k, the Remedy guys

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The Veruca Salt song?

J/k, the Remedy guys

I would be ok with that as well

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    It seems Creep by Radiohead is this weeks
    Boo hiss

that already exists. it wishes it was special

• Options
    Seether Song Pack – $7.99 / Steam

Seether “Broken” by Seether featuring Amy Lee – Eb Standard – [XBL] / Steam
    Seether “Fake it” – Drop C – [XBL] / Steam
    Seether “Remedy” – Eb Drop Db – [XBL] / Steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7slrt61VcdY

had hoped the songs would be a bit more exciting to play and then I saw the preview.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    A leaked pack is coming due to a PSN mistake.....

Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
    Jane’s Addiction – Jane Says
    Jane’s Addiction – Just Because
    Jane’s Addiction – Mountain Song
    Jane’s Addiction – Superhero

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options

That will be boughted SO DAMN' HARD!!!!

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Seether Song Pack – $7.99 / Steam

Seether “Broken” by Seether featuring Amy Lee – Eb Standard – [XBL] / Steam
    Seether “Fake it” – Drop C – [XBL] / Steam
    Seether “Remedy” – Eb Drop Db – [XBL] / Steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7slrt61VcdY

had hoped the songs would be a bit more exciting to play and then I saw the preview.

Come on Careless Whisper, you had one job Ubisoft god dammit.

• Options
    JOE_1967 wrote: »

That will be boughted SO DAMN' HARD!!!!

Buy? Screw that! it's just a simple fact.
    When I want something,
    I don't want to pay for it.
    I walk right through the door.
    Walk right through the door.
    Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
    Mine all mine!

• Options
    Thread title is obvious right?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Also, if anybody is in the market for a new guitar, PSA: guitar Center is having a sale this weekend and cutting $100 off of this guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-lmh100qmnt-quilt-maple-top-electric-guitar/h83423000002000
    H83423000001000-00-750x750.jpg

and in this color which I'm curious about

H83423000002000-00-750x750.jpg

They have really high reviews, and normally retail for $299. They are on sale for $199. I'm going to go and try one either today or Friday, and possibly buy one if I like it for nothing else than wall art. I really like the "reindeer blue" one, aka purple one, which is surprising. But I did my neice a guitar about 6 years ago? Wow, that long? (Nice daisy rock acoustic electric) And it looks like the same color to me.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Huh, still seeing them for $299. Was thinking about picking one up to keep in D standard or something for that price.

• Options
    I honestly have too many guitars. Buying two in the last year may have been excessive. Plus a tube amp and a bunch of pedals. The struggle is real

• Options
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Huh, still seeing them for $299. Was thinking about picking one up to keep in D standard or something for that price.

It should be live now. I thought it started tomorrow, but add says the 12th and I've been seeing advertisements in my FB feed with that guitar.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Tempting

Closest Guitar Center is like 4 hours from here though :P

• Options
    I've not been putting in the time lately to reward myself with a new guitar. I play in weird cycle of FUCK YEAH, I suck, Fuck that guitar, Time passes, I'll just pick it up and see if I can play "Song", FUCK YEAH, I suck....

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    went and played on it today, passed for now. Looked gorgeuous, and there's a lot I liked, especially how open it was on the higher frets. Something felt stiff about it to me, and u didn't like the feel of the fretboard/neck. Cheap feel to it. Played on another esp that felt great though, hated the color. Was 289.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Any recommendations on Acoustics? I want to pick up one so I have an Electric and Acoustic each.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Seagulls are great.

Canadian made, great prices and they feel and sound many pay grades higher than they are.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The Epiphone Dove and Hummingbird are in the sweet spot of price n' quality, I have a Dove and think it sounds wonderful ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    InstantPigInstantPig Damn Registered User regular
    I second the recommendation on Seagulls, great guitars.

If you could give us some more details on what you are looking for it would be helpful. Do you need a cutaway? What kind of music will you play on it? Ball park budget?

PSN: Fading_Vision

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Well, I've only had an electric my whole life. I've only ever touched an acoustic once, but it's harder and harder in a house with two children to fire up that amp and go to town on my electric. So I'd like to have a mellow acoustic that I can do simple chord changes and light melodies on. Hopefully, to help soothe my daughter (and my wife :D).

In terms of budget I'd say in the 400-600 dollar range, not much more than that.

Roz on
  • Options
    InstantPigInstantPig Damn Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    You really can't go wrong with a Seagull S6. I had one years ago and loved it. Would still be playing it today if I didn't need some quick money for rent a few years back. You can get them new for under $450, if you want electronics it's about 100 more. I really think they are just about the best bang for the buck when it comes to a basic acoustic.

edit* Also, for that money if you don't mind used, you can get something killer. Take a trip down to your local guitar place and see what speaks to you.

InstantPig on
    PSN: Fading_Vision

This discussion has been closed.