Options

[WOW] My love don't cost a thing, but WOW game tokens cost 20K Gold.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Oh look, leather trainer again. And I bet tomorrow their trading rotation resets again because that's what I'd expect from incompetent implementation of this feature.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I used my two 25 stones on Li'l Ragnaros and a P/S Iron Starlette.

There is a second one?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Mercade wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    Why did Blizz think attaching the camera to a mission was a good idea?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :)

The camera IS a good idea though. You only need to look at these forums let alone the rest of the internet at large to see how much fun people are having with it. I just wish I could have that fun as well.

Oh well, I spent the day focusing on killing bosses with Pepe on my head. All I have left are half of the dungeon bosses, the BRF bosses that aren't in LFR yet, and the two older world bosses (no one runs them this late in the week anymore it seems).

I managed to get in on a Tarlna group last night. When I mentioned I was doing it for Pepe, about 4 other people hearthed back to their garrison to get Pepe as well. Hope they all survived! There were definitely a few deaths. I used my outpost shredder ability for a while. I think they might have made it so you can't trample the genesis flowers with the shredder. I also wasn't sure if I was going to get credit towards the Pepe achievement while on the shredder, so I hopped off when Tarlna was down to a few percentage points. Later I found a Ruhkmar group, but I realized the group leader had formed the group without actually confirming that the boss was up. I rode around Arak a few times and didn't see it, so I dropped. I will try again on Tuesday.

Aside from that, I've got to get Drov, Skylord Tovra, and Teren'gor, and the BRF bosses that aren't in LFR yet.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    Oh look, leather trainer again. And I bet tomorrow their trading rotation resets again because that's what I'd expect from incompetent implementation of this feature.

It won't though, this isn't the kind of thing that needs or would get a weekly reset. Because there's only 5 Traders. People wanting the Herb trader just got hilariously unlucky. But I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure that the Herb Trader will finally show up tomorrow.
    Please god.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Why do you even play this game.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Bigity wrote: »

There is a second one?

You get one for each character who gets a lvl 3 Garrison

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Bigity wrote: »

There is a second one?

You get one for each character who gets a lvl 3 Garrison

Oh, nice :)

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh snap. I didn't realize you'd get multiple stones either. That helps, speaking as someone who never did the pet level grind.

I used my first stone on my core hound pup. Not sure what my second will be.

My two favorite new pets just for chuckles are the Fish in the floating sphere of water and a Lost of Lordaeron (I could only find a green quality one while looking and just figured it was good enough). I feel like Lost matches my undead DK pretty well.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I.....I don't know what to say about that underperforming Enh. You have to *try* to not do over 20k DPS at that gear level. I'm saying this as someone who took Liquid Magma for half of heroic HM and thought it was passive. And I was still competitive. I'm willing to bet that guy either has a stupid talent setup, or is watching a movie while playing.

I am so embarrassed for my class/spec.

@Warlock82 : why a bikini?

Mugsley on
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    Oh snap. I didn't realize you'd get multiple stones either. That helps, speaking as someone who never did the pet level grind.

My two favorite new pets just for chuckles are the Fish in the floating sphere of water and a Lost of Lordaeron (I could only find a green quality one while looking and just figured it was good enough). I feel like Lost matches my undead DK pretty well.

Lost of Lordaeron aren't bad. They are a good substitute for Unborn Val'kyr

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    On Flamebender KorraKa'graz, is there any way to control/know which wolf gets Overheated at the initial summon?

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

Lost of Lordaeron aren't bad. They are a good substitute for Unborn Val'kyr

They don't look nearly as cool, though.

• Options
    antherem wrote: »
    On Flamebender KorraKa'graz, is there any way to control/know which wolf gets Overheated at the initial summon?

Nope. But the name changes when one gets overheated, so just macro it. Or, click on the bigger one.

• Options

Nope. You just have to wait a second or two to see which ones going to a ranged and which one is going to overheat.

• Options
    I jumped into a random heroic dungeon today. Grimrail Depot came up, which was good because I need the boss for Pepe. But then I notice that the group had already cleared some trash and were about to fight the first boss, meaning someone had dropped group. The first thing I see in chat is the tank saying "do it on your own time you fucking scrub." Hooboy. The healer tries to be reasonable and says that maybe when someone asks you to wait, you should wait. The tank pulls the boss and we die quickly. The tank says "kick this fucking scrub of a healer." I say something along the lines of not wanting to be grouped with a toxic player and drop group.

Went to the Sunwell instead and got one of the new pets, so hooray for that. I probably should have just initiated a vote kick on that tank, though.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    No, best thing to do is drop the group. A hopeless weenie like that as the Tank is probably un-salvageable.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I didn't see it mentioned in the OP or the last couple pages, but I dont know if this was common knowledge or not. Apparently you will be able to buy in game time for gold now (story on mmochamp). As someone who hasn't resubscribed yet this is very interesting.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I didn't see it mentioned in the OP or the last couple pages, but I dont know if this was common knowledge or not. Apparently you will be able to buy in game time for gold now (story on mmochamp). As someone who hasn't resubscribed yet this is very interesting.

And thus any remaining semblance of a functional economy was taken out back and put out of its misery.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »
    No, best thing to do is drop the group. A hopeless weenie like that as the Tank is probably un-salvageable.

Well, if we would have kicked the tank, we probably would have had a smooth run since he was the jerk. Just would have had to wait a few minutes longer for a new tank to show up in the queue.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular

There isn't, but if you're a tank you can start to build threat on both whilst they are stationary.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options

And thus any remaining semblance of a functional economy was taken out back and put out of its misery.

Eh. I call it a good thing because it's the closest we will get to a legitimate gold sink.

Also worth considering: anyone who has yet to subscribe must still pay for at least a month, so they can gain access to their gold stores, before they can use gold to play for "free."

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Mugsley wrote: »

Eh. I call it a good thing because it's the closest we will get to a legitimate gold sink.

Also worth considering: anyone who has yet to subscribe must still pay for at least a month, so they can gain access to their gold stores, before they can use gold to play for "free."

Gold sinks need to take gold out of the economy, this doesn't do that.

It's a round about way to buy gold for people with more actual money.

And it's a way for people who have more gold to buy game time.

Which, ok, fine. I mean, I don't feel like this was an immoral decision or anything, and I'm not really going to rag on Blizz for it because from their perspective it'll potentially allow more people who otherwise can't. or wouldn't, pay cash to be able to keep playing; while still getting the $$$ from the other end and provide a bit of mitigation against the number of people selling game time in-game.

I just think it'll make the in-game economy even more wonky and imbalanced than it already is.

I wish they had also come up with a way to somehow get the RAF mounts via this method too though. Like...you buy 3 tokens with $$$ and you get to choose a mount, or something.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm surprised the AH doesn't take a cut from Token sales, honestly. Also interesting that they soulbind once you buy one from the market.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Ah shit. I didn't realize they were using a token system. I was hoping they would use something in Bnet that you could select and it would debit from your total gold. Or something. In that case, it's basically just another version of the mini flying lion pet from back in Wrath/Cata/a long time ago.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I.....I don't know what to say about that underperforming Enh. You have to *try* to not do over 20k DPS at that gear level. I'm saying this as someone who took Liquid Magma for half of heroic HM and thought it was passive. And I was still competitive. I'm willing to bet that guy either has a stupid talent setup, or is watching a movie while playing.

I am so embarrassed for my class/spec.

@Warlock82 : why a bikini?

Hehe enhance seems to be fine. I managed to get top DPS on a pug run vs the imperator while I was on the phone with my mom so was only using one hand to run my character. They are decent enough single target and on any fight with adds of which there are quit a few they shine very brightly indeed.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Enhance shines because the 4+ target AoE is busted as hell. The single-target is okay, the cleave is godawful, and they suffer a lot in fights that require mobility.

But dat Fire Nova.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Roe wrote: »

Starved for gold? I'm rolling in more gold this expansion doing nothing than I was last expansion spending time farming ore to sell. Each of my alts has like 10K+ gold and its rare if I do anything more with them than their follower missions once per day.

Viskod on
  • Options

Meh. Between the salvage yard and treasure missions, you can easily make 300-500 gold a day (at least) per capped character, without really doing anything for it.

That doesn't even count resources you can gather to resell or crap you can craft and sell...or primals you can trade for bloods and so on.

I prefer this than a couple dozen mind numbingly dull daily quests for effectively the same amount.

Plus, absent reforging and most enchants/gems being culled...there really isn't a ton of stuff to spend the gold on anyway; that is current content at least.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Starved for gold? I'm rolling in more gold this expansion doing nothing than I was last expansion spending time farming ore to sell. Each of my alts has like 10K+ gold and its rare if I do anything more with them than their follower missions once per day.
    Yep. I started this expansion with ~24k on one character. Now I have 100k on that same character and ~42k on another...
    Granted, I've sold a couple items for boosts in that amount, but I've definitely had more gold than I've EVER had in this game. It's trivial to get 500-1k gold/day, let alone questing or selling items on the AH.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As someone who hates doing anything that earns me gold (i.e. I basically just level characters, run raids, and do PvP) WoD is easily the least trouble I've ever had with gold. I easily finance everything I want to do just by having two characters at 100 running follower missions and doing their profession/gathering crap.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    So, are there any other bears here who have experience with Heroic Gruul and who don't significantly overgear the fight? My guild has given several attempts on it, and I keep dying as a tank if I don't manage to have all the cooldowns up to take the inferno slashes (when stacking with the DPS pile). I was wondering if there were any pointers about what abilities to use/prioritize for the fight and ways of dealing with the movement requirements while dodging the falling ceiling (which normally surrounds me every single time) that could be shared.

• Options
    It sounds like the tokens will be market driven, which just means that everyone having a lot of gold will just make the tokens more expensive.

Seems to me like they tried this same strategy with Diablo 3 (and the same 3rd party gold selling reasoning) and they had to revert it because it practically ruined the game. Hopefully nothing so dire happens this time.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    So, are there any other bears here who have experience with Heroic Gruul and who don't significantly overgear the fight? My guild has given several attempts on it, and I keep dying as a tank if I don't manage to have all the cooldowns up to take the inferno slashes (when stacking with the DPS pile). I was wondering if there were any pointers about what abilities to use/prioritize for the fight and ways of dealing with the movement requirements while dodging the falling ceiling (which normally surrounds me every single time) that could be shared.

I did play bear for my group's first normal Gruul kill so take what I say with a grain of salt. I just used Surival Instincts to soak the first two Inferno Slashes and needed an external damage reduction cooldown to soak the 3rd. By the 4th, I had a use of Survival Instincts up and Gruul died before I needed to soak another Inferno Slice.

I'm not sure bear tanks have the tools to do well that fight. Outside of saving Barkskin for an Inferno Slice, there's not much other damage reduction available. Does Savage Defense increasing dodge even do anything for mitigating Inferno Slices? I don't think it would. There's always Frenzied Regen available to get a little bit of self-heal. Or Cenarion Ward if you take the talent.

Honestly, it was my performance in that Gruul kill that caused me to pull the trigger and switch to Death Knight as my tank main.

EDIT: the main advice I do have is get your raid to use external damage reduction cooldowns on you. If the raid comp has access to enough, that'd help a lot.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    It sounds like the tokens will be market driven, which just means that everyone having a lot of gold will just make the tokens more expensive.

Seems to me like they tried this same strategy with Diablo 3 (and the same 3rd party gold selling reasoning) and they had to revert it because it practically ruined the game. Hopefully nothing so dire happens this time.

The auction house in D3 "ruined" the game by causing the developers to neuter the droprate of items to such a degree that you needed to play the auction house after a certain point lest you not have good enough gear to continue playing. The fact it let you convert real money to virtual goods didn't really mean much when the root problem was that it existed at all.

• Options
    +1 for external cooldowns. We noticed that we use/need a lot more externals in WOD than we did in all of MoP. I'm guessing healers aren't used to it, or Tanks aren't asking for the help.

In a pinch, something like a Sac can help you get the kill, too. Not great, but if you're close.....

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    +1 for external cooldowns. We noticed that we use/need a lot more externals in WOD than we did in all of MoP. I'm guessing healers aren't used to it, or Tanks aren't asking for the help.

In a pinch, something like a Sac can help you get the kill, too. Not great, but if you're close.....
    Glyphing(?) Sac would help that a bunch too to make it an actual external CD that you want to use.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Caedwyr wrote: »

I did play bear for my group's first normal Gruul kill so take what I say with a grain of salt. I just used Surival Instincts to soak the first two Inferno Slashes and needed an external damage reduction cooldown to soak the 3rd. By the 4th, I had a use of Survival Instincts up and Gruul died before I needed to soak another Inferno Slice.

I'm not sure bear tanks have the tools to do well that fight. Outside of saving Barkskin for an Inferno Slice, there's not much other damage reduction available. Does Savage Defense increasing dodge even do anything for mitigating Inferno Slices? I don't think it would. There's always Frenzied Regen available to get a little bit of self-heal. Or Cenarion Ward if you take the talent.

Honestly, it was my performance in that Gruul kill that caused me to pull the trigger and switch to Death Knight as my tank main.

EDIT: the main advice I do have is get your raid to use external damage reduction cooldowns on you. If the raid comp has access to enough, that'd help a lot.

Normal Gruul isn't a problem for me at all, it's just the heroic version that is splattering me all over the place. Savage Defense doesn't do anything for mitigating the inferno slices. What I'm trying to do is use Barkskin + Pulverize up for the first slice, and then using Pulverize + SI for the second two slices. The issue I'm having is that I'm not always 100% before a slice and it's killing me. When that happens to the other tank (Blood DK) it doesn't kill them. Also, I was hoping to get some advice for how to handle things on the movement side of things, since on Heroic there's even less leeway to miss something on the active mitigation and the Inferno Slice cast bar is pretty short in order to get over in time. Any suggestions for button remapping, etc that might help me move while hitting all my cooldowns at the same time would help. It might just be a matter of practicing, but if there's some better positioning for the fight, I'm all ears.

As for your Edit, Gruul is the fight that convinced me I needed to switch tanking classes. I just got my monk to 100 and it is feeling pretty fun so far.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    I haven't tanked it on heroic, but the easiest way I've seen it done is that the tank taking the inferno slice is already in the group that's taking the slice, and he taunts when the cast starts. After the slice, he moves to the next group and repeats. After the second slice, the inferno slice tank (offtank) takes the main tanks spot and the main tank goes into the next group to taunt the inferno slice when it's time.

The basic gist being that the tank doesn't have to move during slice time.

This discussion has been closed.