As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The SE++ 2015 Oscar Pool (and general Movie Thread): Bogey wins. Again.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kristen schall, Jessica Williams, Aisha Tyler and cobie smulders would be my dream cast

But beyond that I'm just bummed I actively dislike half the cast

Coupled with the other stuff ill probably wait for reviews

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm only going to be interested if Kristin Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are actively playing against type

I do not need another movie of Melissa McCarthy playing a brash and brassy woman who actually has a heart of gold

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting for Kristin Wiig to be in MacGruber 2.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah okay I'm in

What is that even about?

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Yeah okay I'm in

What is that even about?

80's future

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah okay I'm in

What is that even about?

80's future

Well yeah clearly

Is there like, a plot?

Edit: Nevermind, ferreted it out myself
    In a post-apocalyptic future, The Kid, a young solitary scavenger obsessed with comic books must face his fears and become a reluctant hero when he meets a mysterious girl named Apple. Despite their efforts to keep to themselves, Zeus, the sadistic and self-proclaimed leader of the Wasteland, plagues The Kid and Apple. Armed with little more than blind faith and an ancient turbocharged weapon, The Kid learns of justice and friendship and embarks on an incredible journey to rid the Wasteland of evil and save the girl of his dreams.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    what?

yeah okay

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah okay I'm in

What is that even about?

80's future

Well yeah clearly

Is there like, a plot?

In a post-apocalyptic future, The Kid, a young solitary scavenger obsessed with comic books must face his fears and become a reluctant hero when he meets a mysterious girl named Apple. Despite their efforts to keep to themselves, Zeus, the sadistic and self-proclaimed leader of the Wasteland, plagues The Kid and Apple. Armed with little more than blind faith and an ancient turbocharged weapon, The Kid learns of justice and friendship and embarks on an incredible journey to rid the Wasteland of evil and save the girl of his dreams.

YEAH

YEAAAAAH

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah okay I'm in

What is that even about?

80's future

Well yeah clearly

Is there like, a plot?

YEAH

YEAAAAAH

I literally just posted this on my facebook with that exact text

same number of A's

get out of my head blank

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    New All-Feminist Ghostbusters Is A Punch in the Dick to All of Mankind
    Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Dan Akroyd and that other dude who played Winston basically RAISED ME. I had a POSTER OF THEM that I used to look at a lot when I was five. I had action figures of every Ghostbuster and Slimer and I would MAKE THEM KISS SOMETIMES. My imaginary friend was named Dr. Venkman. Harold Ramis BREASTFED me when my FEMINAZI mother was out tricking hard working men into giving her money to buy ABORTIONS. I lost my virginity to fistful of WARM STAY-PUFT MARSHMALLOWS. Must feminists ruin this? IS NOTHING SACRED?!!?

i'm dying

don't click any of the inlined links tho

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    An all male Sex and the City sounds totally rad! You should totally pitch that to Hollywood, the tag line could be 'putting the man back in mani pedi!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    So, Entourage

• Options
    New All-Feminist Ghostbusters Is A Punch in the Dick to All of Mankind
    Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Dan Akroyd and that other dude who played Winston basically RAISED ME. I had a POSTER OF THEM that I used to look at a lot when I was five. I had action figures of every Ghostbuster and Slimer and I would MAKE THEM KISS SOMETIMES. My imaginary friend was named Dr. Venkman. Harold Ramis BREASTFED me when my FEMINAZI mother was out tricking hard working men into giving her money to buy ABORTIONS. I lost my virginity to fistful of WARM STAY-PUFT MARSHMALLOWS. Must feminists ruin this? IS NOTHING SACRED?!!?

i'm dying

don't click any of the inlined links tho

Some of the inlined links are pretty choice

There was someone on Twitter suggesting that women didn't need more heroic characters in Hollywood because they already have Lara Croft and Foxy Brown

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    It's too early in the day, I need to keep my sanity intact

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    http://youtu.be/Uia6y9SRsj4

Yes I will watch Tom Hardy and Gary Oldman try to out-Russian each other

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    I was just coming here to post that

I am pretty interested in that flick

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh hey, A Most Violent Year opens wide this week

And then Jupiter Ascending next week

And then Kingsman the week after that

Stuff to see! At the movies!

There was a good long lull there for a few months

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh man the 50 shades of grey trailer is the worst thing i have ever seen. I can not believe it is real. It's targeted so hard at bored middle aged women that they might as well hand out complementary vibrators when you buy your ticket.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am now consistently confusing The Imitation Game and The Theory of Everything for each other

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »
    oh man the 50 shades of grey trailer is the worst thing i have ever seen. I can not believe it is real. It's targeted so hard at bored middle aged women that they might as well hand out complementary vibrators when you buy your ticket.

Were I a single man, I would just stand outside the theater in a suit and wait for the movie to end.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also my wife will be bringing me with her to see the movie so I'm fully expecting I'm going to get very lucky that evening.

• Options
    I'm intending on seeing 50 Shades ironically on Valentine's Day with my girlfriend

if it's anything like my Nymphomaniac experience we will leave the theatre declaring that we never want to have sex ever again, and then have the absolute craziest sex of our lives directly after

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm fine with 50 Shades of Grey.

Whatever it takes to move America away from its shameful attitude towards non-vanilla sex.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Tom Hardy fans should check out The Drop.....it's very good.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I'm fine with 50 Shades of Grey.

Whatever it takes to move America away from its shameful attitude towards non-vanilla sex.

It's really unfortunate that the thing that does it is a pretty bad stereotype of a sub/dom relationship

But yes that is sort of nice I guess

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I'd just like to not be looked at like a circus freak when I mention I'm into choking.

Is that so crazy!?!

Zonugal on
  • Options
    I'd just like to not be looked at like a circus freak when I mention I'm into choking.

Is that so crazy!?!

Zonugal come over here and let me choke you

(I am also into choking)

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Turbo Kid is a dude from Degrassi! As in, he is on Degrassi. Right now.

And it has Michael IRONSIDE! in it.

Sign. Me. Up.

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

Is that so crazy!?!

Zonugal come over here and let me choke you

(I am also into choking)

I know a couple people in my age group who are into it.

It ain't that weird!*

*It's kind of weird, shut up.

• Options
  • Options
    I am watching Book of Life at work

This movie is charming as fuck

Excellent music too

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    It's super pretty, but the plot isn't awesome and it leans way too heavily on pop culture references/music.

if they had written their own music I would have liked it a lot more.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    It's super pretty, but the plot isn't awesome and it leans way too heavily on pop culture references/music.

if they had written their own music I would have liked it a lot more.
    I'm a sucker for anachronistic music in stuff, like Queen in Knight's Tale, so mariachi covers of Creep are right up my alley

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
  • Options
    Literally can't stop being excited by that trailer

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am watching Book of Life at work

This movie is charming as fuck

Excellent music too

Give me more modern music played in different styles

Also that fucking bull fight

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Has anyone seen The Salvation yet?

Apparently it came out last year overseas, but I just saw a trailer for it recently because it's hitting the US end of February.

Anyways the point is it's a Western starring Mads Mikkelsen, Eva Green, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJuQj5r8Kk

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen The Salvation yet?

Apparently it came out last year overseas, but I just saw a trailer for it recently because it's hitting the US end of February.

Anyways the point is it's a Western starring Mads Mikkelsen, Eva Green, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJuQj5r8Kk

Yo this looks pretty sick

I love a good gunfight drama movie!

This discussion has been closed.