As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, January 16, 2015 - Eclipse

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• Options
    sakkerssakkers Registered User new member
    Is there more coming? Please say yes...!

• Options
    Sam0VailSam0Vail Registered User new member
    Wow!, just wow!

Absolutely amazing, story, art, concept. It's all just WOW!

Thank you.

• Options
    LordMandosLordMandos The Nights Watch MissouriRegistered User new member
    Hot damn, Mike, this is your best work yet. They've really been knocking it out of the park lately, both writing and art! Kudos!

• Options
    DrNeilDrNeil Registered User new member
    Beautiful!

• Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    Is this LOL fanfic? It's very well done!

uGn5f.png
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Impressive.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    wow.

• Options
    RfsrusselRfsrussel Registered User new member
    This is absolutely incredible!

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I have no idea if this is for a game I've not played, or a new project, but it's super good.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    This is neat, but I have no idea whatsoever this is about, if it's based on anything in particular that is.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah this is some League of Legends fanfic in comic form, for sure. It's pretty great, though.

I'm also fairly certain it's just them having fun with the canon story between those two character, too.

• Options
    InsomniacFurryInsomniacFurry Registered User new member
    Maaaaaaaaaaan, I would lick ALL of the butts to get more of this...Or more of that Destiny one from last month. That was pretty amazing stuff, for reals.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Wow, that black-to-emphasize-armor-shine in the final panels is fantastic looking

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Sorry, Summoner's Rift is non-canon! Comic invalidated!

(I'm still bitter about that retcon)

In all seriousness, great comic.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Mr.BoutetMr.Boutet Registered User new member
    Wow.

I actually created an account with the sole purpose of posting in today's comments. This creation was amazing, the art, the delivery and the emotions we can clearly experience was an experience in itself. Well done. Well done.

I have been following this web comic since my second year in University and I still get surprised from time to time by your talent gentleman.

Have a good weekend

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Oh, LoL! When the word "rift" popped up, I assumed it was a Dragon Age: Inquisition thing, but I totally didn't understand the context.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I find this pretty inspiring. Seeing how far Mike has come as n artist reminds me that I've come a long way since I got back into art almost two years ago. I'm close to a point where I can be doing stuff of this quality within a year or so. I just need to learn how to use light and color better but I'm getting there, I can't wait to see where Mike & Jerry go from here.

You know-despite some of the issues I may have had with how they've reacted to stuff in the past I've noticed they've both grown a lot as people. For my part I appreciate this comic & the community here. I think despite how negative gamer culture can be they've done a lot of good for the community.
    I know It's helped me become a better person.

Thank you, Mike, Jerry & everyone at PA.

ziddersroofurry on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    This is neat, but I have no idea whatsoever this is about, if it's based on anything in particular that is.

Diana and Leona were both Solari. Who are warriors who worship the sun. Diana wound up joining/making/I can't fucking remember it's League lore the opposite moon bro equivelant and slaughtered the Solari elders on the day of her execution.

She also has one of my favourite themes in all of League:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-U2JdiHBsc

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hot damn, that is some good art. Good job guys.

• Options
    LuthienLuthien Halifax, NSRegistered User regular
    Wow, just wow...

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    At first, I was confused. By the end, I was amazed. Great job!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    HadrianMQHadrianMQ Registered User new member
    Yea yea... that's nice, dear. How about a finish to Eyrewood, Automata, or Sand before you start on something new and shiny. But seriously - this does look bad ass. And it's pretty.. and shiny.

• Options
    NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    I guess these are the new ads...

• Options
    ParzivalJonesParzivalJones Registered User regular
    Awesome work, just gorgeous.

ParzivalFTW.jpg
  • Options
    RaveBombRaveBomb Registered User regular
    The sun and the moon? Sisters fighting? Did someone get a little MLP in their LoL?

I'm off to pirate more music, steal software, and knock down little old ladies, then later I'm going to cover my self in Yak's blood, and lay in a pentagram, while reading some Marxist literature and praying to a heathen god.

tata
  • Options
    starkruzrstarkruzr Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Is this a reference to something I don't recognize or a brand new thing? Either way I love it.

ETA: YUP SOMETHING I DON'T RECOGNIZE K

Anyway, yes, this is pretty badass.

starkruzr on
    +++ATH0
  • Options
    sandalwoodsandalwood Cartoonist New YorkRegistered User regular
    Incredible! This is a beautiful story!

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    For everyone confused, this is a League of Legends comic.

• Options
    beetnemesisbeetnemesis Registered User regular
    Very pretty! I have little knowledge or interest in LoL (thanks to the commenter who explained what this was), but it's very pretty.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    RaveBomb wrote: »
    The sun and the moon? Sisters fighting? Did someone get a little MLP in their LoL?

Not actual sisters.

Besides MLP got a bit of Horus Heresy in their ponies.

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    @HadrianMQ
    What do you mean "a finish"? Those are ongoing worlds that they create stories in. Why would they end them?

• Options
    Robotic DraconianRobotic Draconian Registered User regular
    I must say, I appreciate this kind of stuff from time to time.

• Options
    SKOoOTASKOoOTA Ascot Vale, Australia.Registered User regular
    "And everything under the sun is in tune
    But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
    There is no dark side of the moon really.
    Matter of fact it's all dark."

• Options
    DristanDristan Designer Asheville, NCRegistered User regular
    As someone who mains Diana (Jungle!) and Leona Support this is incredible. Awesome work!

• Options
    Kwisatz Haderach Kwisatz Haderach The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it. Registered User regular
    Fantastic writing and splendid artsmanship. I thought this was a new installment of The Eyrewood or similar but I guess it's LoL :) I enjoyed it nonetheless, not knowing what it was. So I guess that speaks for it ;) Nice work!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    RaveBomb wrote: »

Not actual sisters.

Besides MLP got a bit of Horus Heresy in their ponies.

Which is to say that 40k got a bit of the bible in their origin story.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Awesome.

And.. yeah... They're not sisters... They're ehh... Very close lady friends ;).

• Options
    mename.b.arbitrarymename.b.arbitrary Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oh, LoL! When the word "rift" popped up, I assumed it was a Dragon Age: Inquisition thing, but I totally didn't understand the context.
    i thought rift was a reference to the vantage point from earth, like a myth narrative from people's perspective, had no knowledge of LoL, but I don't doubt giving them credit for knowing what they're doing. what i wouldn't give to be part of what i could say was a productive team.

mename.b.arbitrary on
  • Options
    MDVMDV Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    MDV was warned for this.
    I'd like to say what I thought of this comic, but it's illegal around here to have any opinion besides OMG ITS THE GREATEST COMIC EVER AND THEIR WEIRD DEFORMED HEADS ONLY MAKES IT BETTER

Tube on