As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] Thread: Supporting Necromancy Charities

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    hmmm... do I want to pre-order Star Trek Infinite?
    *zavian checks Star Trek Infinite Steam page*
    1dhpne2fr5p3.png
    15fzi7qjb615.png
    453goq1oz6c6.png
    dammit, they know how to get me
    5k307fqauf16.png

That doesn't look like Gowron though. He's the only Klingon I want advising me!

That's General Martok. If memory serves Worf killed Gowron for trying to start a war with the Federation while already stuck fighting a war against the Changelings in DS9. Worf refused to become Chancellor and named Martok, and Martok made Worf a part of his House.

You're definitely right. I just love ol' Crazy Eyes!
    r4oorntey5c6.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I didn't know there was more to the lore than just this game, but that bit about Arthur is a bit of a spoiler, I've been doing a decent clip through the game and that hasn't been revealed.

Well, it's at the tail end of the Fall of Avalon demo, which is the only reason I know (I'm pretty sure it's in the board games at some point, it's a pretty important event) but I've simplified it by taking some information out to not totally spoil it (merely suggest his potential 'return' isn't the best thing ever).

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    If you like a more adventure style deck builder, I'll recommend Trials of Fire.

You progress across a map like you're moving a figurine along a map, and fights are tactics based where each unit is represented by a disc. Line of Sight and positioning are very important.

Your team is 3 characters of differing classes, and as you level up/change equipment, you'll change your deck's components. Gear is important because lots of cards, defensive and offensive, are tied to what you have equipped.

Finally, to play cards/move/defend, you have to discard cards, so card draw is the same as energy/defense.

It's pretty fun and has several "campaigns" of various length to do. Worth your time 100%

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Update time
    I can't think of anything more pleasant than basking in front of the fireplace and reading the hot-off-the-press issue of the Smoldering City Journal.

Here are the keys to your new home. Take your raincoat off, put on those comfy slippers, and enjoy your reading.

What’s new:
    Aunt Lori - interactable character
    Tutorialized narrative
    Building deactivation
    Grid and list view in Warehouse
    Enough of me talking, it seems you have a visitor to take care of!

DEVELOPER NOTES
    In today’s update, we bring you the first part of the new Guidance and Lore system - a feature meant to breathe a bit more life into the Citadel and give new players a sense of direction (while also providing lore and some practical advice). Additionally, we introduce a few minor UI and balance changes, as well as a whole host of bug fixes.

Let’s first start with a somewhat lengthy preamble. We’re slowly but surely nearing the 1.0 release of Against the Storm. From a development standpoint, this means one thing - focusing on the last few items on the roadmap, like the aforementioned Guidance and Lore system, tutorial improvements, Steam Deck Verified status, and general polish/balance. That’s why this and the next few updates won’t be introducing any core gameplay shakeups and will be more about delivering on the promises we made during Early Access.

This doesn’t mean we will stop introducing community-inspired improvements or that we’ll slow down our update schedule. We just wanted to let you know what the team is currently working on and what to expect in the near future. We will share the exact date of the 1.0 release with you soon-ish™.

But enough of that. Let’s now go over the main feature of this update - Guidance and Lore. This system, in a way, is part of the extended tutorial of the game. It’s mostly aimed at new players, but it’s not trying to hold their hands and force them to do anything. It’s more of an additional support mechanic that helps to understand the game and add context.

Instead of hiding it behind the in-game encyclopedia or showing annoying popups, we decided to go with a more immersive approach. From now on, after finishing a very early Deed (First Steps), you will get access to your own home in the Smoldering City. There, you will meet Aunt Lori - an interactable NPC who serves as a mentor and guide.

To talk to Aunt Lori, you need to visit the Smoldering City and either select the new building directly or click on the “Home” button in the Citadel UI. This will take you to a new screen with the interior of your house and Aunt Lori in it.

When talking to Aunt Lori, you can ask her questions regarding certain game mechanics, get a few bits of lore from time to time, and ask her for advice. Some conversation topics are always available, while others will only appear if certain conditions are met (like specific gameplay tips based on your previous runs).

Interactions with this system are never forced. You won’t get a dialogue box in the middle of a game or while browsing the upgrade tree. We designed this feature so that it’s useful and fun for players who enjoy a bit of lore and need some advice, while not forcing it on players who just want to focus on the mechanical aspects of the game.

As this is the first iteration of Guidance and Lore, there aren’t that many subjects you can pick when talking to Aunt Lori. But we will expand upon this system in the next few updates - by adding collectibles to the Viceroy’s Quarters (your home), increasing the number of conversation topics and tips, and introducing dialogue branches meant to guide new players through the game’s content. As with every new addition to the game, we will closely monitor your feedback on it and adjust if necessary.

Before we move on to the detailed changelog, let’s just quickly go over the most important UI changes coming with this update. We added a grid/list toggle to the warehouse panel, we improved hauler AI to prioritize fuller internal storages, we added the option to freely move all unconstructed buildings, and we introduced a new “activate/deactivate” button for all production buildings and construction sites. We also fixed a lot of bugs, as well as tweaked the balance of some production buildings and Forest Mysteries.

Thank you for providing us with feedback and suggestions for the new update. If you’d like to share your ideas for upcoming updates, here are some useful links:
    Steam Discussions, Discord, Reddit - discuss the game with the community and share your impressions
    Feature Request Tool - suggest specific new features

May the storm be gentle on you,
    Eremite Games

P.S. One of the best things you can do to help indie games is to leave a Steam review. If you’ve had a chance to play Against the Storm, we’d love to hear any feedback, positive or negative. Thanks!

CHANGELOG
    Number of changes: 42
    Inspired by community: 95%

Changes marked with ⚡ were inspired by the community.

New content and features
    ⚡ Added the Guidance and Lore system in the form of a new interactable NPC in the Citadel - Aunt Lori.
    The Guidance and Lore system is mainly aimed at new players, but it should also introduce some interesting lore and tips for veterans.
    The current version of this system is just the first iteration, so the number of dialogue options and conversation topics is not final. We will introduce new options and topics in the coming weeks.
    The core of the Guidance and Lore system is the player’s home in the Smoldering City and Aunt Lori - an interactable mentor NPC.
    To unlock the Viceroy’s Quarters and Aunt Lori, you have to complete the First Steps Deed (finish a game after the tutorial).
    After it’s unlocked, the Viceroy’s Quarters appear in the Smoldering City, where they can be entered either by clicking on the building or a button in the Citadel UI.
    The interactable NPC, Aunt Lori, is always present in the player’s home. The game never forces the player to interact with her, though. All conversations are completely optional and never occur outside of the player’s home.
    Conversations are mostly focused on lore, tutorialization, and contextual tips.
    Some dialogue options are always there (like questions about specific game mechanics), and others appear based on player actions (like a tip about Blightrot if the player was struggling with it in a previous game).
    In the next update, we will introduce dialogue options meant to direct the player towards their next objective, as well as collectibles in the Viceroy’s Quarters (as rewards for Deeds). There will also be some new Deeds overall.
    Added a new Deed - First Steps. It can be completed by finishing the first game after the tutorial (existing players will have to just play one run to unlock it, no matter their progress).
    The reward for that Deed is the Viceroy’s Quarters - your very own home in the Smoldering City.

Balance
    ⚡ Adjusted the AI of haulers and hauling carts. They will now prioritize fuller internal storages over emptier ones (although distance is still a significant factor).
    ⚡ Reshuffled a few recipes in buildings to avoid too similar configurations.
    Smelter - removed Pipes (★★), added Training Gear (★★).
    Smithy - removed Training Gear (★★), added Pipes (★★).
    The changes to the Smelter also apply to the Flawless Smelter.
    ⚡ Removed the Shifting Paths Forest Mystery.
    ⚡ Rebalanced the Unnatural Erosion Forest Mystery. It now activates at Hostility 4 and spawns in a more balanced configuration (with a higher chance of spawning alongside stronger positive Forest Mysteries and weaker negative ones).
    ⚡ Added Porridge to Training Expeditions (as a selectable starting good).
    ⚡ Added Porridge to trade routes. Towns established in the Coral Forest and the Cursed Royal Woodlands will now sometimes request it.
    Towns built in the Royal Woodlands will now sometimes request Leather in trading routes.
    Renamed the old First Steps Deed to Third Time’s a Charm.

UX/UI improvements
    ⚡ All unconstructed buildings can now be moved for free.
    Beware that moving a construction site will reset building progress and return the used resources to the Main Storage.
    ⚡ Added a grid/list toggle to the warehouse panel.
    To track or set a lower limit for a resource in the grid view, click it and use the small interactable tooltip.
    The list view works the same way as before.
    ⚡ Added an option to deactivate construction sites and production buildings. Deactivated buildings are ignored by haulers and builders, and all workers are unassigned immediately.
    The “deactivate” button can be found in the building panel after selecting a given building.
    There is also a keybind for deactivating/activating a building ( . by default).
    ⚡ Added an alert when a resource node is removed by a Seal Plague or Forest Mystery.
    ⚡ Changed how completed Deeds are highlighted to make it clearer that a reward can be collected.
    ⚡ Changed the wording in the description of the Vitality effect (Tea Doctor). It now correctly states that the bonus is triggered for every fulfilled complex food need, not for every complex food item consumed.
    ⚡ Changed the wording in some World Event decision tooltips to avoid the word “pay” for embarkation goods (it only occurs in relation to Citadel Resources).
    ⚡ Improved the wording of some World Event decisions to make it clear that resources and villagers are taken away for only the current cycle.
    ⚡ Changed the table header for the lower limit to “minimum” in the warehouse panel.
    ⚡ Changed the name of villager rewards given for completing orders to “villagers” instead of “newcomers”.
    ⚡ Long town names without spaces are now automatically broken into two lines in the calendar at the bottom of the World Map HUD.
    Some towns made before this update might have incorrectly formatted names due to this change. New towns, however, will be displayed correctly.

Bug fixes
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with Hauling Carts not disappearing when destroying a Small Storage.
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with workers being assigned to slots occupied by automatons when using the Shift key.
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with haulers not taking goods from production buildings in which workers are already unloading resources.
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with incorrect settlement names being displayed on the World Map HUD.
    ⚡ Fixed an issue with the Market Shift Plan Cornerstone appearing for players who already had almost all trade offers unlocked.
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with the Trading Post showing an incorrect message when selecting it at the exact moment a trader leaves the settlement.
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with the Vanishing Water Forest Mystery not showing progress correctly in its tooltip.
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with Deeds still being tracked in the Deed panel, even after their completion.
    ⚡ Fixed a bug with the mine showing an incorrect alert when it’s idle because of a player-selected setting.
    ⚡ Fixed an issue with the camera position not being saved between sessions.
    ⚡ Fixed a few minor issues with the Ancient Hearth’s mesh and textures (intersecting geometry, invisible vegetation).
    ⚡ Fixed an issue with dust particles still being animated when building construction is stopped.
    ⚡ Fixed some inconsistencies with the translation of “Drizzle” in the Russian version of the game.
    ⚡ Fixed a typo in the Czech description of the Additional Cornerstone Choice unlock in the Smoldering City.
    ⚡ Fixed a typo in the Traditional Chinese description of the Queen’s Gift Cornerstone.

Other
    ⚡ Improved save stability on certain hardware configurations.

The current game version is 0.61.1.

Autie?
    a141dea78a379f1872ea0c9a92809ca187cd3bc3.png

Time to break out the R34 alcohol

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    You put it away?

Foolish

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Steam World Hand Of Gilgamesh is a great deck builder/battler.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Couple giveaways.

signature.png

signature.png

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    You put it away?

Foolish

You keep it locked up and on ice for the first 34

Then another bottle for 63

And then the hammer for if a certain S notices your art

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Donnicton wrote: »
    snip

This is like the Gollum Sildaron voices DLC, which should have been for everyone.

i actually might have to turn it off because while its fun at first, it quickly becomes 'i have no idea what this guy is telling me because I actually don't speak Klingon'

Meanwhile some terminal Star Trek fan is turning it off because it's not Grammatically Correct Klingon

Hell, the show was never grammatically correct Klingon. Star Trek 3 and 6 were the only times the actual language created by Marc Okrand was used until Discovery (which had actual Klingon speakers as dialect coaches, though not perfect "Okrandian canon" thlingn Hol because it did incorporate words the DS9 writers created).

Sometimes they were just using the dictionary without grammar and sometimes it was just gibberish. Sometimes it was technically actual words but they're word salad. When Worf is taking Jeremy Aster through the Klingon mourning ritual, the line he has the boy say is, "Mother, honor your viewscreen."

Hevach on
  • Options
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for $3 and it's not even a price error or flash sale

What a time to be alive

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for $3 and it's not even a price error or flash sale

What a time to be alive

Such an awesome game.

Maybe I'll replay it in the Deck :lol:

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    The LOTF reviews have kinda rebounded from midling to about the score I set for AA-efforts. A 75%/75% Opencritic is good enough for me. Sucks to hear about the inconsistency in the combat and general difficulty smoothing.
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    If you like a more adventure style deck builder, I'll recommend Trials of Fire.

You progress across a map like you're moving a figurine along a map, and fights are tactics based where each unit is represented by a disc. Line of Sight and positioning are very important.

Your team is 3 characters of differing classes, and as you level up/change equipment, you'll change your deck's components. Gear is important because lots of cards, defensive and offensive, are tied to what you have equipped.

Finally, to play cards/move/defend, you have to discard cards, so card draw is the same as energy/defense.

It's pretty fun and has several "campaigns" of various length to do. Worth your time 100%

TOF is REALLY good and the adventuring is done VERY well. It's not really a "pick up and play" deckbuilder though, which I'm coming to realize is what I'm looking for in deckbuilders these days. Like HERETICS FORK (which is Tower Defense plus Deckbuilder) or MONSTER TRAIN that you can pick up and do a run in like less than an hour.

I also reinstalled TG and yeah this must have been in early access because the performance is night and day from what I remember. The difficulty spikes are also gone or maybe things have just been wildly balanced (the opening tutorial gave me a message like "Whoa, you beat that intro fight that we designed to not be beatable!"). Also, and I don't know if this is still a thing, but I also have the FPS-RPG for free from these guys and it's basically old-school Bethesda if they kept everything that worked about MORROWIND when transitioning to a first person design.
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Let's see if I can remember the lore

Yeah that's about it from what I'm seeing. I don't know if this is from a fantasy series or actually English myths, but that's about the gist of it. I'm not sure if it is exactly the same in KA:KT, but Arthur is a bad dood in that one too (I think; haven't finished it, it's kind of a brutal game).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

What a time to be alive

I have never heard of this but based on the screenshots and that it's 3 fucking dollars I guess I'll find out.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Humble Bandai bundle looks good- three games from my wishlist!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest, I do not in any way shape or form recommend Diablo IV. I would give it another year and see how they develop things than bothering with it in the current state. It's been my biggest waste of money all year.

Agreed. I mostly fought through my ambivalence about getting it because of the old rule that Blizzard games take a while to go on sale, but lo and behold, it was already slightly discounted what, a month after launch? Haven't completed the season, I don't even know if the second one started, and...I don't care. I played most seasons in D3. It's sad! I want the game to be great, y'know

e:oh jeez I'm far behind..sowwy

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Beaver are a must have for settlements in the coral forest.

But you will never have as much fuel as you would in areas with actual trees, so your goal is to keep going until you find a coal mine, then dig deep and upgrade that fucker to keep the corruption away

#againstthestorm

• Options
    ED! wrote: »
    I also reinstalled TG and yeah this must have been in early access because the performance is night and day from what I remember. The difficulty spikes are also gone or maybe things have just been wildly balanced (the opening tutorial gave me a message like "Whoa, you beat that intro fight that we designed to not be beatable!"). Also, and I don't know if this is still a thing, but I also have the FPS-RPG for free from these guys and it's basically old-school Bethesda if they kept everything that worked about MORROWIND when transitioning to a first person design.

Yes, that's Tainted Grail: Fall of Avalon (and though it has the same name as the original board game where this all started, the story is apparently unique). It's still in Early Access, and they just released a new patch for it (0.6) on the 3rd of October. No, I don't have it, I'm just enthusiastic about Awaken Realms.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

What a time to be alive

I have never heard of this but based on the screenshots and that it's 3 fucking dollars I guess I'll find out.

You've never played or even heard of Sleeping Dogs? It's a very good Hong Kong cop drama/martial arts open world game, and a bunch of races/faces you don't really see in games.

IIRC they did that thing Square does where they replaced the original and all the DLC with a Director's Cut that doesn't run as good (see: Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut) but it's fine if it's the only option you have anymore (since they removed the original).

I'm actually going to Hong Kong for the first time in a week for a family thing. Maybe I too should play Sleeping Dogs again.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Sleeping dogs was incredible because it was a gta-like where you didn’t use a gun constantly and you actually cared about the characters

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Yes, that's Tainted Grail: Fall of Avalon (and though it has the same name as the original board game where this all started, the story is apparently unique). It's still in Early Access, and they just released a new patch for it (0.6) on the 3rd of October. No, I don't have it, I'm just enthusiastic about Awaken Realms.

I'm actually looking forward to Fall of Avalon at this point because it really does look and feel like they are aiming for Morrowind big time.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Prohass wrote: »
    Sleeping dogs was incredible because it was a gta-like where you didn’t use a gun constantly and you actually cared about the characters

Hong Kong Version of New Jack City

Edit: who do I have to blow to get a jrpg with the costume design of New Jack City of House Party 1 and 2?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

And an entire DLC is just a big homage to Bruce Lee.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    That list is more extensive than you might think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

To this date, it has the most realistic depiction of the nuances of being an Asian American and how one doesn't quite gel with life-long Asian residents but finds ways to make it work I've seen in a game.

Also, the GTA-style qualities mean you often have alternate ways to deal with tough encounters. See the time I stole a shotgun from a police car to bring into a Triad hideout full of knife wielding gangsters or decided it would be more expedient to fight through a criminal gathering by taking a car and running over a bunch of the thugs instead of fighting them all hand to hand.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    1dhpne2fr5p3.png
    15fzi7qjb615.png
    453goq1oz6c6.png
    5k307fqauf16.png

7h7zicai6hw9.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    1dhpne2fr5p3.png
    15fzi7qjb615.png
    453goq1oz6c6.png
    5k307fqauf16.png

7h7zicai6hw9.jpg

Space cocaine is a hell of a drug

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So is Klingon Kleavage

The Duras Sisters definitely were part of my - ahem - childhood development.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    So is Klingon Kleavage

Honor to you and your Kinks!

• Options
    So is Klingon Kleavage

It's fitting that they and their brother fill out the antagonist roll nicely for various parts of the next generation and DS9, while baby duras is a hilarious failure compared to those three

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Couple giveaways.

signature.png

signature.png

One day left on these giveaways.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Cities Skylines 2 is looking good. There’s some nice additions and QoL improvements I really like. Powerlines and water pipes being under roads fixes awkwardly demolishing parts of your city with huge powerlines, or forgetting to lay water pipes.

Being able to put down transformers to import power for minimal outlay is good for early game. Seasonal environment changes.

Real tempted to just pre order because I’m probably just buying it day 1 anyway.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    -
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Cities Skylines 2 is looking good. There’s some nice additions and QoL improvements I really like. Powerlines and water pipes being under roads fixes awkwardly demolishing parts of your city with huge powerlines, or forgetting to lay water pipes.

Being able to put down transformers to import power for minimal outlay is good for early game. Seasonal environment changes.

Real tempted to just pre order because I’m probably just buying it day 1 anyway.

the one thing I always thought dumb about the original Cities Skylines was how you'd need to put down powerlines, but then once the 'power blob' incorporates an area, they serve zero purpose except for wasting space and you need to go around deleting them. just always seemed silly to me. having them automatically linked to roads is a huge QoL update

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Backlog update. I finally beat all of Darksiders 2 (except Wicked K because I'm not going through another huge chunk of NG+ just to get Death Grip to climb the tower). The combat is fun the story is good, the traversing the world is a tedious pain though.

On to Darksiders 3!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

It's also day one on Game Pass.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    So red faction mars xcom has a demo

Surrender and enemy capture are game mechanics

That is all i needed to know for me to uninstall the demo and wishlist

• Options
    edited October 2023
    NextFest October 2023 Reviews: Part 1

Anima Flux: Metroidvania with respawn on death instead of a game over screen (so, like a souls game but you keep the souls). The controls were good, and it looks like it has local co-op, so if you have a partner or pal to play with, much the better. While not exactly easy, spending the biomass you get from killing mutants on upgrades helped my survivability quite a bit, so I could certainly feel the progress I made even in the demo of becoming stronger. I liked it, wishlisted.

Bygone Dreams: a 3D third person game that . . . doesn't seem to excel at anything as much as be mediocre at everything. It's a very solid meh.

Darkest Abyss: A straight up Castlevania clone, including lives and difficulty. I didn't even get to the first boss. Not my thing.

Don't Die in the West: Tried to get this working 4 times, and each time it glitched to fuck. Not even ready for common consumption, let alone release. What's that? The full game is releasing on November 9th, you say? Welp.

Jusant: Climbing! But seriously, this game has the entire system devoted to climbing, using buttons to grab/let go for each hand, swinging, jumping, placing pitons, etc. There's a variety of tricks to climbing surfaces, and it's honestly rather calming. Until you fall. Will follow this one for now.

Maiden Cops: Do you like beat-em ups? What about anthropomorphic ladies? What about anime style anthro-ladies and moderate levels of silly? Well, you might like this then. I mean, that's really all that's here. The controls all work fine, you've got multiple special moves you can do by storing up power by beating folks up. Personally, I think TMNT:Shredder's Revenge is a better beat-em up, but if you've already played the hell out of that . . . this is another beat-em up. It was fun.

The Mobius Machine: You know how most times Metroidvanias are more vania than metroid? Well, this feels more Metroid than vania. It was a fun little show of sci-fi weirdness, it has a harder difficulty to it (critters do a fair amount of damage to you), and the areas seem very, very large, and worth coming back to explore. Following this one for sure.

Monolith: Requiem of the Ancients: A 3D action-adventure game, with a fairly pleasing if simple combat system and puzzles a la any Zelda-like game has had. The theme of beings we made surviving and trying to solve the mystery of, well, us is a sort of interesting concept to put behind fairly kid friendly graphics, but the feel of the game is good (other than a bit of janky camera lock-on). With the slightest bit of polish this could be not just okay, but good to great. Following for now, but I enjoyed my time.

A New Leaf: Memories: Farming game. Aggressively fine. Uninterested.

Pioneers of Pagonia: City/town building game. Medieval (with a fantasy twist in the final game). Missing some elements, but the main loop is fun enough, and the interesting property of having to explore and claim land to build on it makes this at least passingly different to other games of its ilk. Following.

Eldrimar: Very very gory and brutal difficult first person combat. Needless to say I was not enthused. Got through the demo, but it wasn't exactly amazing to get through. Not interested.

Noreya: The Gold Project: A very stylish and flowing pixelated world, metroidvania. It feels like the movement and abilities won't be a whole surprising thing, so it's more about the novelty of this new world vs any other metroidvania you've probably played. BUT, there is an interesting dynamic between choosing gods (and the powers they bestow), so if you're jonesing for a new one this one may be for you. Following it.

Enshrouded: Kalnaur catnip. Open world survival base building action RPG? Yes. All the yes. It's pretty, handles well with a controller, and I've had no issues thus far. I even like the mechanic of needing a torch or some sort of light to survive the Shroud, a miasma that has mutated parts of the world. Solid, solid stuff. Wishlisted.

Kristala: Souls game, but cat person, fighting ratmen and lizardmen and giant bugs and things. Not bad, though it does feel a lot clunky to dodge. Following.

The Last Exterminator: Boomer Shooter? I guess that's the name for them? I'd go more with Doom Clone, because it feels like that was the aim. As well as anything else from the 90s. (4/10 secrets? Damn, and I thought I was doing well) Following this one, it was a blast.

Pine Harbor: Not my thing, horror, and from what I can tell a game where you aren't supposed to defend yourself. Nope.

RoboCop: RogueCity: I mean, it's an FPS RoboCop game. You're gonna shoot a lot of people and it's gonna get bloody. But I also like the ability to do secondary missions, investigations and the like using the scanner, you gain XP and level skills to do things like deduce that something is important, or how to crack safes, or gives you a slow-mo effect to shoot bad guys, etc. It's a lot of fun, I liked it a lot. Wishlisted.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular

So red faction mars xcom has a demo

Surrender and enemy capture are game mechanics

That is all i needed to know for me to uninstall the demo and wishlist

This description attracted me, and I think the game is Mars Tactics. I have also wishlisted it.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ahoyhoy Steam thread!

Just wanted to pop in and say that it's that time of year again. Extra Life 2023 is right around the corner. Extra-Life is a charity organization that helps raise money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. My hospital of choice as always is The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This will be my 13th(?) year doing Extra-Life, but it's actually Extra-Life's 15th anniversary as an organization.
    jy45osxa0la7.png

Here's a little facts sheet that they put out:
    96qkvm4besza.png

As is tradition, I'll be doing a long form stream with some breaks in between for dog and food. Mine will be on the 4th of November, probably from around 10am EST until I get tired. Most likely I'll play Dota, Diablo, and probably some other D game. Same stuff as usual, shooting for a $2000 USD end goal, and I'll be raffling away both $100 steam gift monies, and a game of your choice. I could be swayed for that game to be on any platform of your choice as well if we can make it happen. The only thing you gotta do to enter is donate at least $5 USD to my charity link, and comment your PA name so I know who to thank / note for the dono raffles.

Steam thread always comes through for these events, so anything you guys can spare to help raise money for sick kids would be much appreciated! <3

And of course, some Skye The Dog tax:
    fr78pcvmvnab.jpg

• Options
    Couple giveaways.

signature.png

signature.png

One day left on these giveaways.
    Before Your Eyes was won by @Arcsurvivor and Tales from the Borderlands was won by @Hevach .