As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Only in Death Does Nerdrage End.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    You can wall of death and stomp Invisible units, which is good.
    All "auras from transports" go away now, which is less so.
    Big thing is as others have mentioned; battle brothers can't deploy in each other's transports so no allying in a bunch of drop pods and msu scouts to drop Sicaran Infiltrators turn one and other "neat" tricks.
    Clarified Nova power hits are per-unit and psychic scream (and others like it) don't roll to hit.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Oh hey they fixed that one genestealer cult psyker.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    My heart breaks every time Tyranids aren't included in 40K stuff, but @Matrias that trailer was badass and you should feel badass

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Skunty wrote: »
    Wow, glad I read this before placing my order for some dark eldar raiders. That would have been a costly mistake.

I haven't played in a couple months but, being a Dark Eldar player, I guess I should read this FAQ?
    I'm not even sure how to feel about a GW that acts logically, even if it's in their own self interest to do so. What are some of the things on the list?

I've been kind of turned off by all the big stompy things and flyers, which I feel literally do not fit on a 4x6 table, so it'd be nice to have a reason to come back.

The most obvious one right now is that huge FAQ. But also weekly newsletter emails, rules apps for phones, a real presence on (at least) Youtube... just to name a few off the top of my head.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    After years of increasingly awful GW decisions all this new stuff is pretty great and super refreshing. Just rapid fire good ideas one after another like the new guy is making up for lost time. I've even seen what looked almost like the vague beginnings of smiles on the faces of the local grognards.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I'll tell you what, the new CEO has done a enough things right lately that a couple of my old school GW buddies are talking about digging out their old stuff and picking up some rulebooks.

Not going to be a ton of money moving in GW's direction, but that kind of stuff can't just be happening in my close group of friends.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Skunty wrote: »
    Wow, glad I read this before placing my order for some dark eldar raiders. That would have been a costly mistake.

I haven't played in a couple months but, being a Dark Eldar player, I guess I should read this FAQ?

It mostly depends on if you're using allies or not.

I'd say grenades too but I forgot they took away all the units who can take more than one of them.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    If you're a DE player Brekkie you're probably OK. But my harlies have been needing a decent sized transport for a while and raiders went on the imminent purchase shortlist after I got bum rushed by a space wolves player this weekend.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    And the "units in a jinking transport have to shoot snap shots", but that's not really a big deal, anyway.

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    That's the one that got me. I mean, sure all our shots should be twin-linked... But did they really have to hit us with that? Salty (but not really).

• Options
    I forgot that one, pretty painful for venom spam or splinter rack raiders.

I'm still of half a mind to assume they made a mistake on the battle brother transports and will rescind that. Lots of people will have bought drop pods that they can no longer use outside of unbound/apoc.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Good. Using each other's transports was kinda goofy wrt drop pods.

And the skimmer thing isn't all that terrible because they're either going to have splinter racks, or they're venoms whose main weapons where going to fire snapshots anyway. OR, the transport is for an assault unit, so who gives a fuck if they can shoot.

• Options
    True, I guess I'm just a tad bitter. When most games you play are against formations with free upgrades/wargear/transports in formations with crazy broken rules any slightly negative tweak feels like a kick in the nuts.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    My heart breaks every time Tyranids aren't included in 40K stuff

always going to break someone's heart with how many there's so many different armies there are. only so much resources to go around.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    WoozlWoozl Registered User regular
    As a primary Dark Eldar player I'm not too bent out of shape, but I don't really play the gunboat - shooty style. My warriors in venoms never really did that much damage on their own anyway.

The harlequin thing I'm not sure about. Do you really want your troupes to be that large anyway, and also, a 4+ invuln for T1 before the imminent charge on T2 seems worth its weight in gold vs. having a few more models and an extra hullpoint. This is assuming you are running something with rising crescendo, which I think is the best single rule they have (and as the "fast" DE army I am extremely jealous about).

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Also, remember that you can still embark on allied transports, you just can't deploy in them.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    If I could stick them in a raider then most likely I'd not deploy and start them in reserve, no option for that in these rules.
    Smaller squads are definitely doable in tourney style lists. Mostly ran them in venoms even before the codex came out but I tend to play larger games now and msu at greater than 3k makes for extremely slow turns.
    So many things break the move-shoot-assault turn order now it can make even a single turn seem a slog, to simplify matters max size squads with identical upgrades is pretty much par for the course.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Anyone up for some official Warhammer artwork?

https://warhammerart.com/

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Whhhhyyy are these art pieces limited runs of 250.

Why not just mass produce as many as people are willing to buy for a lower price and make much more money?

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Nice enough, but the one of Ciaphas Cain is pointless. It could be any commissar. At least give him a hip flask or something.

Now if they made a few with some BFG artwork on it...

daveNYC on
    Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    I really want that Slaanesh marine print, but I have a kid coming this week and my wife will probably get me circumcised again if that shows up.

• Options
    WoozlWoozl Registered User regular
    Kind of want the one with the DE archon / 5th ed cover.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    If they were selling these as basic wall posters (for reasonable prices) I'd want so many of those pictures. Especially the Imperial section's sisters of battle, imperial knight, and those two landscapes asphodex (sp?) and the emperor's palace, not to mention some of the xenos stuff (the fire warrior cover art, the necron one, the eldar jetbike one, and the ork boyz one in the covers section).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Phewwwwwwwww finally got to play some 40k last night after several months

Local games store here does a no-entry free weekly contest, which is super dope. This whole month they are doing the Tank Shock event....but I only have a Land Raider Redeemer. The list stipulations were "500points, one HQ, one Troops choice, must also have at least 1 vehicle".

So I just brought a LRR, two min Melta/Combimelta tac squads, and a Librarian.

First game got stomped by some cheeky eldar player who was most likely fielding too many points, but I didn't realize until later....although the real reason I lost that games was because turn two my land raider got immobilized on terrain I was trying to drive through

Second game I fought a mechanized imperial guard list to a draw, which had the highlight of my Librarian wrecking a tank in close combat with a Force Stave. I also think this guy was probably over points, but I don't know that codex enough.

Next week has more Tank Shock, and I think I'm going to try basically the same list, but since next week's mission is Maelstrom, I'm going to just park my tac squads on backfield objectives in cover (I hope) and drive the land raider around. The big change next week is rolling on the new Technomancy table for my Librarian, as many of those powers can be cast while embarked.

I'll try and take pictures next week!

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I had an offer on Bartertown to buy up all my Tzeentch stuff. I broke out all the cases and took pictures and listed out everything, but about partway through I started feeling that familiar itch...
    So apparently I'm restarting my Chaos Marine army! Isn't there an updated Chaos book coming out? Does it sound any good or am I stuck being terrible?

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Chaos will be forever terrible, it is our curse. Rumored new codexes have been floating around for the last 7 years, and all we've gotten is a few piddly supplements.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    There is a new Deamon book though I think, that combines the codex with all the datasheets and campaign stuff that's been out since the codex realease.

• Options
    Sooo… this happened
    pi53p9638r4t.jpeg
    318h9evjct8c.jpeg
    Damn that's a wicked redesign there. Now actually sorta glad I never got any of the originals.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Lots of other stuff from Forgeworld coming out, too.

Next Imperial Armour book with Imperium vs Tau with Tau weapons for their huge suit, Mechanicum units in 40k, AM upgrade sets for infantry, a new version of Carab Culln advancing his timeline further.

How is this still classed as a Knight by the way:
    CiaRMaZWEAAMRLc.jpg

Next Primarch is Leman Russ
    d3322ac1c1781f08c245cfb5534e2ba7_86452.jpg

edit: Also Adeptus Titanicus seems to be back, this time set in the heresy.

honovere on
  • Options
    pretty happy with how Russ is turning out!

his hands are armoured! they didn't give him the dumb leather gloves he has in artwork!

can't wait to see when he has his own face and not corax's

• Options
    Needs more muttonchop.
    But yes, otherwise entirely awesome.
    As is the transfer sheet:
    ghhswhqdhdwe.jpeg

• Options
    i feel like forgeworld's transfers are too detailed and add too much depth.

when they stop being abstract shapes you start to feel wierd that its a texture and not part of the model.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Matrias wrote: »

when they stop being abstract shapes you start to feel wierd that its a texture and not part of the model.

I have the Ultramarines and Alpha Legion sheets. Ultramarines are pretty much top notch but the Alpha Legion are way too detailed. It looks like a blur from 6+ inches away.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »

That reminds me of Dawn of War 1's army painter. You guys did a great job with the badges and banners, but most of the fan-packs I remember seeing for stuff from the canon that Relic didn't include had similar issues with the badges being way too detailed.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

To be nitpicky here, it was always set in the heresy. There were even minis for the fallen primarchs as Daemon Princes.

This is very interesting news, as I happened to dig out my old epic stuff a month ago, bought some (3rd party) new figures, and painted it all up. I just got done the nids and most of the marines. New game will be in a slightly different scale, but honestly, Epic isn't really in any scale.
    TwwdVmD.jpg

This might very well be the first new Games Workshop game I will buy since Skull Pass.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

To be nitpicky here, it was always set in the heresy. There were even minis for the fallen primarchs as Daemon Princes.

I don't believe Epic, with the Daemon Princes, from 2nd edition Space Marine through Titan Legions & Epic 40K, was meant to be Heresy-era. All of that material was set in 40K, and there wasn't a ton of background for the Daemon Primarchs yet (I think the new lore says Perturabo or Fulgrim never leaves their planet?). But Adeptus Titanicus and 1st edition Space Marine were set in the Horus Heresy, with all the background snippets in the rulebooks describing engagements from the Heresy.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm honestly kind of vague on anything before Epic 40k, which (obviously), along with Armageddon, is 40k. But yeah, the original Adeptus Titanicus was definitely heresy era.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I'm under the impression the Heresy was created for Space Marine, as they could only make one type of troop to put in the box so they needed a reason why Marines would be fighting Marines

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I'm under the impression the Heresy was created for Space Marine, as they could only make one type of troop to put in the box so they needed a reason why Marines would be fighting Marines
    Nah, the Hersey has been part of the fluff since the very beginning. It was even called out in the background of robot warriors that they were heavily utilized during the Horus Hersey in order to limit the number of human casualties such a conflict could inflict. :lol:

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    If I recall correctly, Slaves to Darkness was the first book to talk about the Heresy, and that was strictly 40K. Well, and WHFB; more WHFB, really, but in any case not epic scale. Adeptus Titanicus came soon after, and 1st ed Space Marine the following year. There would be a stronger argument for the Heresy being invented for Adeptus Titanicus, but I think by that time they were already selling the first 40K Chaos Marines (Chaos Renegades, I think).

This discussion has been closed.