As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Western Animation] Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey...Awoo-oo!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It generally isn't. In TAS he finds a Bat in his wall clock and discovers the cave. In the comics A Bat flies through his window and he takes it as a sign from his father.

In Venture Brothers he finds an old temple of a bat god and takes it as his mantle.

let me tell you about Barbatos

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Was gonna go watch Inside Out today. Had a lookit my usual cinema, not on. Weird. Widen the search... nope.

It's out 24th July here. :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I wasn't sure if it belonged in this thread or the Marvel thread, but I've been re-watching the 90's X Men cartoon this week.

Still as enjoyable as when I was a kid watching it on TV. I thought someone should know that. I just got to the first Pheonix Saga episode, and those space suits doe.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    It's western animation, the 90s xmen can tag along in this thread.
    Such great intro music.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Such great intro music.

It makes me want to re-watch Spider Man and Iron Man, both also with great intros.

I also enjoy the Japanese version of the X-Men intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

Edit: I can't tell if Cable is supposed to be fighting a land mate, destroid, or Zentraedi power armor.

NSDFRand on
  • Options
    Itd probably be a land mate config. But those were the robots from cable's dark future that he's always trying to correct.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Such great intro music.

Whitney Huston would agree with you.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Itd probably be a land mate config. But those were the robots from cable's dark future that he's always trying to correct.

Do they not show up until later seasons? I didn't see them in the earlier Cable episodes. I may have just missed them, I usually have it in the background while I'm doing other things.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I really wish Regular Show would back away from the relationship drama.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I really wish Regular Show would back away from the relationship drama.

I thought they settled that . I really felt bad for Mordecai in this nobody wants to be in that situation.

I did laugh at his reaction to the how we met story.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Oh man, Gravity Falls is SO GOOD. I had no idea. In fact I was braced for it to seem kinda weak after my dive into Rick and Morty, but lack of shock factor aside, nope. No wonder those two shows did a stealth crossover.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh man, Gravity Falls is SO GOOD. I had no idea. In fact I was braced for it to seem kinda week after my dive into Rick and Morty, but lack of shock factor aside, nope. No wonder those two shows did a stealth crossover.

Yeah, Gravity Falls is really sweet, both in that it is an awesome show and that it is a cute show. If you're just starting, it only gets better overall from here - the second season is even crazier than the first, with realler feels.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Season 2 really turns the lore up to 11 too.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    The guys behind Homestar Runner have a new web series for Disney that's very, well, Homestar Runner.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm watching the newest Regular Show episode. Not only is it another relationship one, but it just got to The Office levels of cringe-inducing awkwardness.

Edit: Episode over. Jesus Christ is Mordecai an idiot. Rigby looks wise in comparison.

Edit: I don't normally go to Reddit, but the top Regular Show post right now is "Mordecai you're a fucking idiot".

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    The first clip of Justice League: Gods and Monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQhq-dGWrw

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I'm watching the newest Regular Show episode. Not only is it another relationship one, but it just got to The Office levels of cringe-inducing awkwardness.

Edit: Episode over. Jesus Christ is Mordecai an idiot. Rigby looks wise in comparison.

Edit: I don't normally go to Reddit, but the top Regular Show post right now is "Mordecai you're a fucking idiot".

I haven't seen the episode, but Mordecai, being a young 20-something (or late teen)... Seems like being an idiot kinda happens naturally at the point form almost everyone.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

I haven't seen the episode, but Mordecai, being a young 20-something (or late teen)... Seems like being an idiot kinda happens naturally at the point form almost everyone.

It's really bad this time.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

It's really bad this time.
    Like, exceptionally bad this time. I mean, when Rigby seems like the smart one, something's gone horribly horribly wrong.
    At least MuscleMan seems happy.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    huh how did these people get to make this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh3Lw0vlhmU

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Uncle PKUncle PK Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    EDIT: gif doesn't work :(

Uncle PK on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    90's Xmen was the best, although the opening theme music changed and the animation took a hit in the last season or last two I can't remember.

Two of the voice actors from the show live in the same small town I do as well which is cool. I've met the guy who did Gambit's voice. Was a pretty nice guy for the most part.

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    I've met the guy who did Gambit's voice. Was a pretty nice guy for the most part.

Does he refer to himself in the 3rd person when he talks?

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    I've got to admit I I've not watched Regular Show recently either, and it's due to Mordecai regressing in his relationships.
    Margaret left for college. She even said she didn't want to even try a long distance relationship (it's implied because she rejected Mordecai's offer). Yes, that sucks, that's life.

Then he meets CJ again and starts hanging out. When he questions whether to take his relationship with CJ to boyfriend/girlfriend, Yes it is healthy to consider and reflect on his past feelings for Margaret and what it means to leave that behind and date CJ. But the moment he goes out with CJ is the moment Margaret is no longer a prospective partner. And not being a creep.

It is very sleeze worthy to be dating CJ and then flip back to pining for Margaret when she comes back in town.

I get its a cartoon first and foremost, and that 18 to 20 somethings dont have the best judgment in dating, but Mordecai is the worst right now. I will say that Eileen has probably had a rather positive effect on Rigby if he's the one giving solid advice now...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Cokomon wrote: »
    I've met the guy who did Gambit's voice. Was a pretty nice guy for the most part.

Does he refer to himself in the 3rd person when he talks?

Not gonna lie he did look like he was gonna be full of himself, but he was pretty nice. I was working at a cellphone store at the time, maybe like 5 years back.

Could be he was just acting me :P

Dixon on
  • Options
    90's Xmen was the best, although the opening theme music changed and the animation took a hit in the last season or last two I can't remember.

Two of the voice actors from the show live in the same small town I do as well which is cool. I've met the guy who did Gambit's voice. Was a pretty nice guy for the most part.

I noticed that, I think it's the last season.

It's more guitar heavy for whatever reason.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I've got to admit I I've not watched Regular Show recently either, and it's due to Mordecai regressing in his relationships.
    Margaret left for college. She even said she didn't want to even try a long distance relationship (it's implied because she rejected Mordecai's offer). Yes, that sucks, that's life.

Then he meets CJ again and starts hanging out. When he questions whether to take his relationship with CJ to boyfriend/girlfriend, Yes it is healthy to consider and reflect on his past feelings for Margaret and what it means to leave that behind and date CJ. But the moment he goes out with CJ is the moment Margaret is no longer a prospective partner. And not being a creep.

It is very sleeze worthy to be dating CJ and then flip back to pining for Margaret when she comes back in town.

I get its a cartoon first and foremost, and that 18 to 20 somethings dont have the best judgment in dating, but Mordecai is the worst right now. I will say that Eileen has probably had a rather positive effect on Rigby if he's the one giving solid advice now...

Throughout the series though it's been shown that Mordecai's basically self-destructive so he continues to seek out things to keep himself from progressing, be it in life or in romance. The fact that there's two positive examples of relationships happening around him helps to reinforce that fact.

• Options
    Since I've finished X-Men, I'm probably going to start re-watching these two. One thing I thought was cool about the Battletech cartoon was that Tyco did a tie in toy line complete with battlemechs and an elemental. I only had one as a kid, the Mauler, and looking at examples online I seem to remember them being much larger than they actually are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-_-8D8R4CU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z0JSfCejY4

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Since I've finished X-Men, I'm probably going to start re-watching these two. One thing I thought was cool about the Battletech cartoon was that Tyco did a tie in toy line complete with battlemechs and an elemental. I only had one as a kid, the Mauler, and looking at examples online I seem to remember them being much larger than they actually are.
    The best thing about the Mauler toy is that it inspired a new battlemech in order to patch a plot hole, since according to the show it was fielded too early to be an actual Mauler. The new mech is called the Daboku.
    They even kept the toys eject system in mind for the new mech.
    Problems with the CASE system protecting the ammunition bins resulted in the auto-eject triggering when the torso armor was struck in a certain manner

Also, on the topic of cool cartoons with really cool toys, you may want to add this one to your list:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR7ktkOEeFw
    Hell of a way to end a series though.

see317 on
  • Options
    This little red bird is a pimp

https://youtu.be/M32uHDnH5aI

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Why do people keep posting videos from Three Amigos?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Brainleech wrote: »

That is actually not from the Three Amigos cartoon! The bird did make a cameo in that one though.

Uncle PK on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Also, on the topic of cool cartoons with really cool toys, you may want to add this one to your list:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR7ktkOEeFw

That's what I was thinking of when I saw those mech-cartoon openings.ExoSquad was the only one I remember from my childhood. Never saw it that much - was never one for TV guides as a kid, so I never knew when it was on. The only thing I can remember besides the premise was this one scene where a human collaborator is talking with the Neo-Sapien leader Phaeton while painting with virtual-reality goggles.

Phaeton - What's the point in making a painting if only you can see it?
    Human - My friend, only I could appreciate it.

That's some deep stuff.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Uncle PK wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

That is actually not from the Three Amigos cartoon! The bird did make a cameo in that one though.

Correct, it's The Three Caballeros!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo Return In New Shows to Boost Boomerang
    Time Warner is banking on some of its oldest stars to breathe new life into a cable network that has aired only reruns over the course of its 15-year history.

Scooby Doo first appeared on TV in 1969 and Bugs Bunny debuted in 1938 and 1940, but the company believes the two characters have enough strength in their limbs to carry a retooled version of Boomerang, the kids network that is part of Time Warner’s Turner unit, to new levels in an extremely competitive arena.

Sister unit Warner Bros. will develop 450 half-hours of original programming for Boomerang, in an agreement that marks the first time original programming has been developed exclusively for the network, which was borne out of a programming block on Turner’s Cartoon Network in the 1990s. The content will appear on all Boomerang channels worldwide and on some Cartoon Network channels internationally, along with potential crossover with Turner Broadcasting outlets like Pogo, Boing, Toonami and the U.S. version of Cartoon Network.

The move was reported previously by the Wall Street Journal.

Time Warner in October said it would relaunch Boomerang by offering original programming while continuing to rely on vintage cartoons featuring such stars as Tom and Jerry as well as older Cartoon Network fare like “Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends.” The network is also selling advertising for the first time in its history.

Efforts to lend more wind to Boomerang reflect the furious scrum among media companies to lure the youngest viewers — kids and pre-teens — to their fare. The rise of new kinds of digital media, including subscription-video-on-demand and streaming video, has given rise to new habits for viewing content, many of them adopted very quickly by younger consumers.

In recent months, Walt Disney has announced a spate of new offerings featuring both characters from Disney and Lucasfilm and newer ones for its Disney Junior and Disney XD networks. NBCUniversal’s Sprout has ramped up its production of original content. And Viacom’s Nickelodeon unveiled a subscription-video-on-demand service called Noggin that burnishes older cartoons and programs.

Boomerang will in the fall launch new original series from Warner Bros. Animation. “Bunnicula’ is an animated comedy series based on the bestselling children’s book of the same name, and follows the adventures of Bunnicula the vampire rabbit, who drains the juice of carrots and other vegetables, not blood, to boost his supernatural abilities. “Be Cool Scooby Doo!” is a 22-minute animated comedy featuring the Scooby gang, who this time will work to solve personal problems as well as mind-bending mysteries. In “Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production,”Bugs Bunny stars in all-new shorts that have him match wits with classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote, as well as new foes.

Under terms of the new agreement, Boomerang will have expanded access to series from a portfolio of content created under Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Warner Brothers Animation — a total of 3,500 titles in all.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Everyone's seen Inside Out, right? Well, I just stumbled on something amazing that completely changed the way I think about the movie.

http://tiny.cc/h8wyzx

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Everyone's seen Inside Out, right? Well, I just stumbled on something amazing that completely changed the way I think about the movie.

http://tiny.cc/h8wyzx

Nice try, Zarflax.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    That just double doubled my refreshment.