As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Honestly, if Merlyn ends up in charge of HIVE, or a revamped LoA causing chaos across the CWDC I'd have no problem with it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    There is no such thing as too much John Barrowman.

Being John Barrowman?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Shadowen wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    There is no such thing as too much John Barrowman.

Being John Barrowman?

Malkovich!

But seriously, these shows need recurring villains, very badly. The Flash murders his enemies at a prodigious rate.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy’s Black Canary Set to Return to CW’s DC Universe
    Death can’t keep Black Canary down.

Katie Cassidy has signed a deal with Warner Bros. to appear across the CW’s DC Comics-based television shows, which includes “Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash” and “Arrow.” Wendy Mericle, executive producer of “Arrow,” announced the news at Comic-Con Saturday.

“Katie Cassidy will not be disappearing from this universe,” Mericle said.

Cassidy’s deal follows similar deals announced earlier this year for Wentworth Miller and John Barrowman.

Cassidy will be returning to the broader CW-DC universe despite the fact that her character died last season. Miller’s character was also killed off in the first season of “Legends of Tomorrow.”

A trailer for the upcoming fifth season of “Arrow” also provided a look at the series’ new main villain, who Guggenheim said is a new character named Prometheus. Guggenheim pointed out that the character is not the same one created by Grant Morrison for DC Comics, but is instead a brand new character created for the show.

Guggenheim added that the character “fits in the theme of legacy this year that’s going to be driving all of our characters.”

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Replacing Vandal Savage with Darhk/Nazis?

Good lord they better not fuck that up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Replacing Vandal Savage with Darhk/Nazis?

Good lord they better not fuck that up.

And they are going to have:
    Their version of the Legion of Doom.

Darhk, Reverse Flash and Captain Cold.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Synopsis of S2:

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Vixen is going to be on Season 2 of Legends as a main cast member.

• Options
    This could be pretty cool

DC's first gay superhero series is coming to CW Seed next year
    The CW, which has quickly become the home for DC superheroes on network TV, has yet another superhero series lined up. Deadline reports that Greg Berlanti, executive producer behind such shows like Arrow and The Flash, is currently working on an animated series starring a gay superhero. Titled Freedom Fighters: The Ray, the new show will premiere on the CW Seed website next year, with plans for the character to cross over into the live television universe later on.

Freedom Fighters: The Ray is set in the so-called Arrowverse, a shared universe occupied by live-action versions of DC's Green Arrow, the Flash, Supergirl, and the Legends of Tomorrow. The series will follow Raymond "Ray" Terrill, a reporter who is exposed to a "genetic light bomb" that gives him light-based superpowers, allowing him to fight crime. The character is pulled from comics writer Grant Morrison's take on The Ray in The Multiversity.

The new series also joins CW Seed's other Arrowverse series, Vixen, which launched online last year. That character, who fights crime with animal-based superpowers, will make her live-action debut on Legends of Tomorrow later this year, providing a template for The Ray's eventual step into the real world. All told, with gay character leading his own TV series, DC's television efforts are looking as strong as ever.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

The CW, which has quickly become the home for DC superheroes on network TV, has yet another superhero series lined up. Deadline reports that Greg Berlanti, executive producer behind such shows like Arrow and The Flash, is currently working on an animated series starring a gay superhero. Titled Freedom Fighters: The Ray, the new show will premiere on the CW Seed website next year, with plans for the character to cross over into the live television universe later on.

Freedom Fighters: The Ray is set in the so-called Arrowverse, a shared universe occupied by live-action versions of DC's Green Arrow, the Flash, Supergirl, and the Legends of Tomorrow. The series will follow Raymond "Ray" Terrill, a reporter who is exposed to a "genetic light bomb" that gives him light-based superpowers, allowing him to fight crime. The character is pulled from comics writer Grant Morrison's take on The Ray in The Multiversity.

The new series also joins CW Seed's other Arrowverse series, Vixen, which launched online last year. That character, who fights crime with animal-based superpowers, will make her live-action debut on Legends of Tomorrow later this year, providing a template for The Ray's eventual step into the real world. All told, with gay character leading his own TV series, DC's television efforts are looking as strong as ever.

I'm confused about that headline.

White Canary is gay.

Curtis is gay.

They're both existing superheroes yes?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

White Canary is gay.

Curtis is gay.

They don't have their own series.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

White Canary is gay.

Curtis is gay.

I missed where it said "first gay superhero (series)" and just saw first gay superhero and it just read like they were ignoring already existing characters.

I get it now.

Unrelated, CW is REALLY banking on DC shows. The waters are already getting murky with Arrow, Flash, LoT, and the upcoming Constantine series and now they want to start spinning off webseries and animated webseries and have those characters come into the main TV series.

I guess they're just playing the odds, but it seems like a recipe for a bunch of canceled shows.

Then again after this season they're replacing like half of their vampire shows, beauty and the beast, and supernatural so they've got spots to fill I guess.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

White Canary is gay.

Curtis is gay.

I missed where it said "first gay superhero (series)" and just saw first gay superhero and it just read like they were ignoring already existing characters.

I get it now.

Unrelated, CW is REALLY banking on DC shows. The waters are already getting murky with Arrow, Flash, LoT, and the upcoming Constantine series and now they want to start spinning off webseries and animated webseries and have those characters come into the main TV series.

I guess they're just playing the odds, but it seems like a recipe for a bunch of canceled shows.

Then again after this season they're replacing like half of their vampire shows, beauty and the beast, and supernatural so they've got spots to fill I guess.

They're getting a Constantine series? Please tell me Matt Ryan is still going to be the main character!

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I thought the Constantine thing turned out to be an unfounded rumor created by typically misleading and hyperbolic headline?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    I guess there was nothing made official yet but they've added Constantine to the CW seed (all episodes) and they did discuss the idea of a constantine series but it would be centered around him and his allies much like LoT and less like the CBS series.

• Options
    I guess there was nothing made official yet but they've added Constantine to the CW seed (all episodes) and they did discuss the idea of a constantine series but it would be centered around him and his allies much like LoT and less like the CBS series.

They could just add him as a regular on LoT or Arrow and I would be happy.

• Options

I really liked the NBC series.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

I really liked the NBC series.

It reminded me of the early seasons of Supernatural in the best possible way. Good to know its on CW's streaming app since its doesn't appear to be on Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

Well well well, look at how I'm spending my spare TV time watching now. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    This seems like the best place for this sort of thing. Relatively recently Netflix obtained the rights for the second season of Young Justice. I'd never seen the show before and recently had a business trip with a lot of down time at night. I've since watched the entire series, and it's pretty great. I like it better than Justice League / Justice League: Unlimited but not as much as Batman: The Animated Series.

You've got Superboy (voiced by Nolan North!), Miss Martian, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Artemis in season 1 trying to prove themselves as being worthy of joining the Justice League. What helps it stand apart though is that the characters grow and change, there is a large over-arching story, and new characters are introduced and fleshed out at a pretty good clip (admittedly, this is more in season 2, but whatever).

The reason I'm writing this, though, is because there is apparently potential for Netflix to fund a season 3. Watching the series on Netflix is one way to show them that there is interest in continuing the series, and even if they don't make more, the 2 seasons that exist tell a great story.

http://collider.com/young-justice-season-3-netflix/

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I think a bunch of us in the animation thread had it in the background running on loop for a month straight when that news first broke :razz:

I had some issues with the second season*, but it is still a top animated series for DC and I still kinda hate CN for how they treated it.

mostly just that they didn't do as much character development in favor of introducing as many characters as possible, and that they didn't show enough love to the original cast while making S2 very Blue Beetle centric.

Edit: Oh that's a new article. Back to watching it again I guess. I feel bad for my poor DVDs of the series that are going to waste since I need to stream it.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I don't know if I believe that there's any hope for a season 3, but I'm watching it again just in case.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I guess someone from Netflix contacted a writer about working on S3 so who knows

• Options
    I'm enjoying Constantine quite a bit, but 4 episodes in I can see why NBC didn't keep it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    I'm enjoying Constantine quite a bit, but 4 episodes in I can see why NBC didn't keep it.

Because NBC. They had Law & Order to rerun.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

Because NBC. They had Law & Order to rerun.

I meant more that it's a little graphic for prime time network TV, but that too.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So, finally finished the last few episodes of Legends. Missed out on the episode of the 50's, but considering it was only referenced twice in later episodes (both times in the season finale) I don't think I missed much.
    So sad to see Snart die (awesome final line though "There are no strings on me.") Though I'm happy to hear that he's still going to be around, probably thanks to how S2 Flash ended and what's been teased for that show and Legends. He cannot die for good until he brings all the Rogues together, preferably for a season arc

Anyway, almost a month old, but has anyone seen the teaser?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bDhkrYcO40&index=1&list=PL6abPzY300GW5bNkU8x5kh2ocfnU8OaCD

On the topic of JSA members:
    I thought I saw Stargirl for a second

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You did.

sig.gif
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I wouldn't count on Flash having much an affect on anything, even itself.

• Options
    Stealin' from the SE++ thread, because sharing is caring.

Superhero Fight Club v2.0
    https://youtu.be/a7SnhM6H900

The "special guest stars" that will be on Legends of Tomorrow
    bpEEOqL.jpg

Stargirl, Doctor Mid-Nite, Hourman, Obsidian, Vixen and Commander Steel

sig.gif
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    This seems like the best place for this sort of thing. Relatively recently Netflix obtained the rights for the second season of Young Justice. I'd never seen the show before and recently had a business trip with a lot of down time at night. I've since watched the entire series, and it's pretty great. I like it better than Justice League / Justice League: Unlimited but not as much as Batman: The Animated Series.

You've got Superboy (voiced by Nolan North!), Miss Martian, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Artemis in season 1 trying to prove themselves as being worthy of joining the Justice League. What helps it stand apart though is that the characters grow and change, there is a large over-arching story, and new characters are introduced and fleshed out at a pretty good clip (admittedly, this is more in season 2, but whatever).

The reason I'm writing this, though, is because there is apparently potential for Netflix to fund a season 3. Watching the series on Netflix is one way to show them that there is interest in continuing the series, and even if they don't make more, the 2 seasons that exist tell a great story.

http://collider.com/young-justice-season-3-netflix/

I will watch this after I finish Luke Cage, thanks.

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    The "special guest stars" that will be on Legends of Tomorrow
    bpEEOqL.jpg

Stargirl, Doctor Mid-Nite, Hourman, Obsidian, Vixen and Commander Steel

I have higher hopes for this season of Legend's cast, though that might just be because it has the guy from Suits.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    re: the above spoilered pic
    Oh man, if we get Stargirl, do we also get STRIPE? Because everything could use more cool guys in robot suits.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    re: the above spoilered pic
    Oh man, if we get Stargirl, do we also get STRIPE? Because everything could use more cool guys in robot suits.
    Would be nice, but cool guys in robot suits sounds like a tv budget breaker.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I love the JSA, that by itself makes this season more exciting. Phooey at no Sandman. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Also, I just finished Constantine and now I'm all disappointed. I want to know what was supposed to happen in season 2. :(

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Also, I just finished Constantine and now I'm all disappointed. I want to know what was supposed to happen in season 2. :(

Catch up with him in Arrow.

• Options

Catch up with him in Arrow.

His appearance in Arrow is what made me want to watch and then somebody pointed out in this thread that CW Seed had the show available for streaming. I hope it's not the last we see of him or his story.

camo_sig2.png