As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

old d3 thread is old

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Pkoi wrote: »
    Anyone still playing live? I guess not logging in for a couple of years gets you kicked out.

yeah

join the PAF community, then ask if an officer is on who can invite

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Likewise, anybody mind sending an invite? Chat is pretty empty ATM. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zek-1623/

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Pkoi wrote: »
    Anyone still playing live? I guess not logging in for a couple of years gets you kicked out.

On average, the clan is very active. Not logging in for 30 days is enough to get you kicked. Because the clan cap is so low, I boot pretty regularly to keep space for people who are actually playing and want to join.

If the start of season 3 is any indication, we will be out of spaces the first week the patch hits.

So if you want a spot in the clan for season 4, you need to join now, and be active. When the rush hits in the first week, I will clear anyone who hasn't logged in within the last 30 days to make room for people who are playing.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    edit: wrong topic

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Likewise, anybody mind sending an invite? Chat is pretty empty ATM. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zek-1623/

@zek @pkoi
    Feel free to add me skyandpie#1551 on Battle.net. Leave a message and I can hop on Diablo to add you to the clan if there are no other officers responding on the community channel. The clan has been on the quiet side of late.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    PkoiPkoi Registered User regular
    @SkyAndPie I'm xaius#1602. I added you, thanks!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So sky, which kind of news builds are looking promising for crusaders at this point, with the cube?

I see lots of potential. Unfortunately, since we can only have one from jewelry, armor and weapons. I see a number of possibilities just not seeing much use because there are better options. Still I see plenty of potential and maybe this will light a fire under Blizz's ass to look into different approaches for some legendary affixes (like possibly making them baseline) because I see Furnace & RRog being some of the most frequently used items in the cube. I can see some more variety with armor.

I'm hoping they at least address the follow issues before this patch goes live.

-Enchanting: IMO they need to ditch all the BS RNG here. Most are going to shoot for a specific stat and try to cap it. They should let players pick the stat they want. Then give players the option to choose the value (obviously, within the established range of the stat). The higher the value, the more mats it will cost. This allows people to get the maximum stat for min/max purposes, but also gives people an option to make stop gap gear more useful without wasting mats (aka I'm running a high CDR sader build, I get a decent pair of shoulders that have 8% CDR, decent str roll, all res, but roll a skill boost I don't, I can spend a minimum amount of mats for the minimum value of a stat that benefits me and save mats to use when I get the shoulders that I really want for the build). As compensation for making it possible to get the stat one wants and at max value for one roll, Blizz can simply increase the mat & gold cost (lol) of enchanting. If I have to spend time working at enchanting something, I'd rather it be because I need to go kill shit to get mats than to be stuck in town getting frustrated with bullshit RNG, that may force me to have to go kill shit because I still ran out of mats. Also they can have cost double or triple, if someone decides they wanted to reroll the enchanted stat to another one, that way people have an incentive to use the new cube or to farm for a new item, instead of always rerolling a stat because the meta for their class changed to a new element.

-Block: Needs to be made useful. I think there are some interesting affixes tied to the class and it's a shame that the stat is so lackluster. I'd be perfectly fine if they gave saders and barbs (and the templar) a free passive that makes block work well for them, when they have shields equipped. Then they don't have to take shields away from everyone else, but it would still make sense for the other classes to use something that isn't a shield because block will still suck for them.

-Area damage and single target attacks. I feel like this could be fixed with a simple change. Area damage works the way it currently does for AoE attacks, but it get changed so that it always procs if single target attack is used (maybe even let some of the limited AoE's benefit) and have it so that the area damage that procs from single target attacks gets a higher percentage of damage, than it would have gotten from an AoE. Bam, by stacking enough area damage, a single target build can be relevant in a game where there are tons of mobs to kill and area damage is worth grabbing for certain builds.

-Defensive legendary gems: They really should have so these can only be socketed in something like pants. Actually, I think they really should look at changing things so that defensive and offensive stats are competing with one another less often because it just doesn't work out well most of the time. Damage tends to win in most cases unless the defensive option is vastly better or someone feels like they really need more defensive stats.

-Weapon gems: Sadly I think this ship has already sailed (at least for this expansion), but I would love to see them do legendary gems for weapon. To keep things balanced they could either let there be two sockets on 2h weapons (if a 2h weapon rolls a socket, it would always be two socets), limit people to one legendary weapon gem or have 2h and 1h weapon gems. I'd like to have the option, of something that isn't an emerald and not be gimping myself.

-sockets: I'd like to see gifts go and just let shen add sockets to anything that can have them. That could be replacing a state or having gear never roll sockets and needing to go to shen to get them.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    because I see Furnace & RRog being some of the most frequently used items in the cube.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, actually. RoRG probably very yes, it's so necessary to most builds (especially 2.3, good lord) but it rolls like shit because of the fixed IAS/LPS.

But Furnace is the one I'm not so sure about. It's still useful, but consider that Rift Guardian health got nerfed by 50% and suddenly it's not looking as necessary anymore. On PTR, I killed a RG on GR51 in less than 2 minutes WITHOUT a Pylon or Furnace or any kind of +Elite Damage.

And that aside, you're supposed to completely avoid Yellows and kite Blues along with you into Whites.

Still might be good, but at the same time there's a whole plethora of good Legendary weapon effects. Maximus is insane for any Fire build, Schaefer's might be incredible for Lightning builds... so on and so forth. The age of Furnace might be over.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    RoRG just needs to be removed already and subtract one from all the set requirements. With the cube they've already guaranteed that everybody will have the effect for free.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I have a build that wants to use RoRG, Halo and Convention. I have a shitty-ass Halo so I Cubed that instead, despite my RoRG having 7% IAS. Of course if I had an amazing Halo I'd just farm a shitty RoRG and cube that vOv

But I doubt I'll ever cube Furnace. I don't care that much about OMGRANK, I just have a lot of cool ideas for builds that previously would never work without dual wielding wands (or sources), which I can basically do now.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Like I said earlier when the cube was announced and God only know how many other people have said at various times, RoRG, Furnace, and Unity need to just go. They're all super useful, super boring passives that, barring some amazing item synergy, continue to be some of the best top tier items in the game even if they aren't god tier best in slot like they were a few patches ago.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Column wrote: »
    Like I said earlier when the cube was announced and God only know how many other people have said at various times, RoRG, Furnace, and Unity need to just go. They're all super useful, super boring passives that, barring some amazing item synergy, continue to be some of the best top tier items in the game even if they aren't god tier best in slot like they were a few patches ago.

This. Sure not everyone is focused on GR rankings, but I find these are going to stifle creativity because it means Blizz has to spend more time coming up with things that can compete with those items.

At least the cube is going to make it so that if it's requred, Blizz will probably get around to making it baseline. So we might see them drop the required pieces of gear for sets to get certain bonuses. We might see them do something about unity. IMO they could drop movement speed from paragon and lets us have elite damage that goes up to 50% (then just give furnace a more interesting affix, like maybe setting elite mobs on fire).

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Furnace having a special bonus not related to fire is pretty silly.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Furnace having a special bonus not related to fire is pretty silly.

It used to! Kinda. Before it was 40-50% Elite Damage, it was this instead:
    Dealing damage has a chance to deal (6-8)% of the enemy's current health as Fire damage.

Which was incredibly OP when GRs were first being implemented. Your Follower also would be able to trigger it. Needless to say it got nerf-buffed instead.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Rip old exploding palm/Fist of Az'turrasq

butts
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Mill wrote: »
    So sky, which kind of news builds are looking promising for crusaders at this point, with the cube?

I see lots of potential. Unfortunately, since we can only have one from jewelry, armor and weapons. I see a number of possibilities just not seeing much use because there are better options. Still I see plenty of potential and maybe this will light a fire under Blizz's ass to look into different approaches for some legendary affixes (like possibly making them baseline) because I see Furnace & RRog being some of the most frequently used items in the cube. I can see some more variety with armor.

It's too early to tell what the new meta is like but there are some really fun builds popping up. My favorite suggestion so far was Condemn with Phalanx, Bowmen

Condemn and Pet Crusader combo
    6 piece Armor of Akkhan/Tasker and Theo cubed
    Blade of Prophecy
    Unrelenting Phalanx/Fryhder's Wrath cubed
    Bastion's Will/Eternal Union cubed
    Strongarm Bracers

Would excel in group and single target easily.

Shield and Sweep Attack combo
    6 piece Roland
    Golden Flense
    Piro Marella/Denial cubed (must cube Denial because Denial cannot roll Crusader affixes)
    Bastion/Convention of Elements cubed
    Ancient Parthan Defenders/Drakon's Lesson cubed
    Angel Hair Braid or String of Ears

Traditional Shield Bash for 2.3
    Furnace*
    Piro Marella/Final Witness cubed
    6 piece Roland's Legacy/ Leoric's Crown cubed
    Bastion of Will/Unity cubed
    Drakon's Lesson

*Furnace/Blood Brother cubed without Final Witness
    *Blood Brother/Maximus cubed without Final Witness

Holy Shotgun Block combo
    Fate of the Fell/Blood Brother cubed
    Ivory Tower
    6 piece Armor of Akkhan/Helm of Rule
    Bastion of Will/Justice Lantern
    Reaper's Wraps

Seeker of the Light end game?
    The new Seeker of the Light set is still being experimented on but the builds people are pushing so far has been:

Furnace/Johanna's Argument*
    6 piece Seekers of the Light**
    Bastion of Will/Unity cubed or Convention of Elements (depends how ballsy you are)
    String of Ears

*Blood Brother/Johanna's Argument cubed
    *Johanna's Argument/Justinian's Mercy cubed

**6 piece Seeker of the Light/Cindercoat cubed/Leoric's Crown cubed/Illusory Boots cubed

There are a ton of other interesting concoctions but none I don't think would be considered "end game" but fun to mess around. Like Bombardment with Fist of Heavens etc.

So you can see Furnace is not as mandatory as you may think :)

SkyAndPie on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Gawd, the thought of being able to run like a full-block Holy Shotgun build makes me drool.

I love Holy Shotgun, it's such a fun build. I really wanna try and make it work in 2.3.

Oh, Phalanx too. I actually also really like Murderponies. Might be good again with some cube combinations?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    My favorite crusader cube combination so far is Unrelenting Phalanx + The Final Witness.

Bowmen rune on Phalanx, Uncertainty rune on Shield Glare.

Watch in amusement as your enemies tear into each other, then relax and let your giant squadron of archers pick off whoever's left.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Gawd, the thought of being able to run like a full-block Holy Shotgun build makes me drool.

I love Holy Shotgun, it's such a fun build. I really wanna try and make it work in 2.3.

Oh, Phalanx too. I actually also really like Murderponies. Might be good again with some cube combinations?

I think Murderponies needs to disappear forever but if you insist...

6 piece Armor of Akkhan/Leoric's Crown cubed
    Heart Slaughter/Furnace cubed
    Unrelenting Phalanx
    Convention of Elements
    Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac/Unity cubed
    Strongarm bracers
    Belt of Trove because why not

This is just a straight up steroid pony build. You could spice it up by mixing other things like uhh, Baleful Remnant and... that's it.
    It's very tough to mix and match Pony sader since the build requires you to knock back everything and ruin people's lives.

• Options
    Well clearly they just need to change all knockbacks to knockups instead :P

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    i want this new patch so damn bad

• Options
    I've still yet to get onto the PTR.

I wish they'd:

Force all games to be public.
    Dynamically allocate server space between PTR and live, since live servers are pretty empty and PTR has been consistently inaccessible for hours on end.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    6 piece Roland
    Golden Flense
    Piro Marella/Denial cubed (must cube Denial because Denial cannot roll Crusader affixes)

what is even the playstyle/spec of this build

is sweep attack now your generator? how do you get BoW stacks, shield glare or something

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Blizzard wants to snuff out any legacy gear so they don't have to deal with game breaking mechanics anymore since they divide the new and old players. Also those legacy minus cool down reduction stats are not in special orange flavor text for Kanai's Cube to store.

They will pry my legacy boots that flat add 8% poison damage and IAS from my cold dead hands.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Man, all these 2.3 patch changes. Blizzard's D3 team continues to slowly wrench their heads from their asses and make good design choices.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    That team has been making good choices since the expansion dropped

Game ain't perfect, but it's still far and away the most fun and balanced of its kind to play.

• Options
    So I've seen a lot of talk about how Helltooth isn't very good and all that and it got me wondering about exactly what setups people were trying it with. Cause from what I was reading on reddit and whatnot was that most people were using the Zombie Ring one that trapped mobs inside or something? And since that has a giant deadzone it wasn't applying Necrosis properly etc etc.

And I mean, I was thinking Grin Reaper would be insane with Helltooth. Apparently I wasn't the only one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3cabgi/ptr_gr50_rank_172_solo_wd_helltooth/

Granted, he only got to GR50 with all that crazy Ancient Gear and having all that crap cubed. Like, he's using F/R with Unity cubed, he's got SMK cubed for perma-BBV, and Grin Reaper cubed for the mimics. All that and still only GR50.

I was able to do GR51 with ease using Delrasha with hardly any Ancient gear and nothing cubed.

So clearly the set still needs work, but I think it was also partly that people weren't exactly using the set to its full potential. Not enough theorycrafting, basically.

Also I wonder if Mask of Jeram would work with the Grin Reaper mimics. I know they're treated as pets now and TnT works with them... Hmm.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    6 piece Roland
    Golden Flense

is sweep attack now your generator? how do you get BoW stacks, shield glare or something

The build has you use 2 spenders but they work together quite well. Simply because one spender is AOE focused and the other single target. Basically it's a dream come true for Roland's Legacy.

The build loosely look like this with possibly variation in defensive skills, elemental runes, and Law of Valor:

Akarat's Champion, Prophet
    Shield Bash, Crumble
    Sweep Attack, Trip Attack
    Punish, Roar
    Steed Charge, Draw and Quarter
    Iron Skin, Steel Skin

You don't need the CC of Shield Glare anymore since you have Trip Attack applying stun. Then you can squeeze in Bastion of Will with a generator.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Naphtali wrote: »
    6 piece Roland
    Golden Flense

The build has you use 2 spenders but they work together quite well. Simply because one spender is AOE focused and the other single target. Basically it's a dream come true for Roland's Legacy.

The build loosely look like this with possibly variation in defensive skills, elemental runes, and Law of Valor:

Akarat's Champion, Prophet
    Shield Bash, Crumble
    Sweep Attack, Trip Attack
    Punish, Roar
    Steed Charge, Draw and Quarter
    Iron Skin, Steel Skin

You don't need the CC of Shield Glare anymore since you have Trip Attack applying stun. Then you can squeeze in Bastion of Will with a generator.

okay so you do have a generator in there, I wasn't sure what with two spenders on your bar. so are you gearing for all your damage to come from shield bash I'm assuming? I wonder how effective it will be after the CC nerfs to sweep attack et al

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    It's still in prelimary testing but that's just the jest of the setup. Easily swap out Parthan Defenders for Cindercoat. Nix the Bastion of Will for Zodiac, Unity, and Convention combo so you don't need a generator. Then you could squeeze Shield Glare in its spot. The latter setup would be my guess for greater rift pushing since you're chopping CDR off your defensive runes (Iron Skin, Shield Glare, and Akarat's Champion).

I don't have the math calculations to back me up to know what % skill one should start stacking. I guess it depends on the RNG aspect of the rift composition at that point. Also elites and rift guardian HP has been drastically reduce. So the necessity for Shield Bash single target damage may fall off. I wish I had more time to test these builds if the silly PTR would stop putting me into an infinite conga line.

SkyAndPie on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    So I've seen a lot of talk about how Helltooth isn't very good and all that and it got me wondering about exactly what setups people were trying it with. Cause from what I was reading on reddit and whatnot was that most people were using the Zombie Ring one that trapped mobs inside or something? And since that has a giant deadzone it wasn't applying Necrosis properly etc etc.

And I mean, I was thinking Grin Reaper would be insane with Helltooth. Apparently I wasn't the only one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3cabgi/ptr_gr50_rank_172_solo_wd_helltooth/

Granted, he only got to GR50 with all that crazy Ancient Gear and having all that crap cubed. Like, he's using F/R with Unity cubed, he's got SMK cubed for perma-BBV, and Grin Reaper cubed for the mimics. All that and still only GR50.

I was able to do GR51 with ease using Delrasha with hardly any Ancient gear and nothing cubed.

So clearly the set still needs work, but I think it was also partly that people weren't exactly using the set to its full potential. Not enough theorycrafting, basically.

Also I wonder if Mask of Jeram would work with the Grin Reaper mimics. I know they're treated as pets now and TnT works with them... Hmm.
    but these are still crappy results compared to other classes and even the carnevil build

they need to buff it

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited July 2015

but these are still crappy results compared to other classes and even the carnevil build

they need to buff it

Well yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at, I mean. Regardless of his good gear and all that, he was only able to hit GR50. Which is, kinda sad despite all that. It definitely needs some buffs.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Logged onto the PTR to see what the queue was looking like. Get a pleasant surprise that it comes up as 28 minutes. "Great!" I think to myself, "I don't mind waiting for that. I can kill some time and then try out some new stuff."

A minute or so goes by and BANG, 11+ hours. Damn it, PTR.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    Logged onto the PTR to see what the queue was looking like. Get a pleasant surprise that it comes up as 28 minutes. "Great!" I think to myself, "I don't mind waiting for that. I can kill some time and then try out some new stuff."

A minute or so goes by and BANG, 11+ hours. Damn it, PTR.
    I've been able to play exactly once on PTR. I got DC'd twenty minutes or so into the session and was never able to get back in. I just gave up on PTR due to that every time one rolls around. In general, don't expect regular play on PTR until the X% loot and exp buff goes away, as that's really why most people play PTR since it sure as shit ain't to test anything for balance.

Last PTR people had better luck doing a couple things. The easiest way is make sure you're in the clan and friend as many people as you can so you can just join their games. This kept a steady stream of joinable games that rarely to never ended. The other route is try starting games that aren't the usuals, like make a master or torment two difficulty game rather than a torment six or ten game. Grifts scale by rank rather than difficulty so even though stuff like bounties and rifts might not be ideal grifts are grifts no matter what.

I think those things things in the second paragraph still apply but my only experience with this PTR was watching manner cookie play for a bit earlier today as some background noise, so someone else will need to confirm or correct it.

• Options
    the estimated times seem to be arbitrary

just created a t3 game, had a 6 hour queue listing, got in after maybe two minutes of waiting

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    the estimated times seem to be arbitrary

just created a t3 game, had a 6 hour queue listing, got in after maybe two minutes of waiting

Yeah, after creating my post and using the restroom, I got into a game. So, that was cool.

Bad thing was that I had a bounty that got bugged out. Act 2, "Cursed Archive". Was supposed to clear a Cursed Shrine in the Vault of the Assassin, but there was no shrine. Ran around that area 5+ times and no shrine, not even the quest waypoint that pops up on the mini map when you're in the area for a while. So I couldn't get the Act 2 cache and bonus cache and also couldn't keep going on with other act bonuses. Didn't want to have to potentially deal with a long queue so I decided to cut my losses. I'll see if I have better luck tomorrow.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    i just spent so many hours trying to farm for a madstone

only to realize the season items arent dropping for me because my char isnt in season, even on the ptr

then to go transmog later and see that i have the madstone transmog, because a madstone is already in my stash from my season monk

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I hate when that stuff happens.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    at least i have madstone now and i can play the SSS build with only one button

also t8 ptr games have about a 5 minute (in real minutes) wait right now

moratorium + gizzard have been fantastic for SSS build

and then an ancient madstone dropped, so i guess i was just really unlucky

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i just spent so many hours trying to farm for a madstone

only to realize the season items arent dropping for me because my char isnt in season, even on the ptr

then to go transmog later and see that i have the madstone transmog, because a madstone is already in my stash from my season monk

The best part about this is that Madstone isn't even a seasonal item. It's been available since waaaay early on.

So is it confirmed then that Uliana's 6p and Madstone interacts as you'd think it would? As in, Madstone applies EP and then SSS causes it to detonate immediately? Or do you have to do two cycles of SSS?

DNiDlnb.png
This discussion has been closed.