As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Am I too old to be a geek?

2»

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    The loss of a relationship, no matter what kind, is always devastating. I'm going to echo the forum, and suggest you talk to a professional about it, but that last piece of information is going to be critical.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    jetlaguar wrote: »
    Ultimately the biggest downfall in my life at the moment is the breakdown of a friendship I cherished so, so much and that has a knock on effect to everything including my crisis of geekery I brought up here.

Yeah see this is the kind of thing you'll want to discuss.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Per advice here and elsewhere I have been consulting local counsellors to discuss appointments. This doesn't change how skeptic I am but I figure it's a start right?

Try to lessen your grip on being skeptical in this case, if you can. Therapy is something that works for a lot of people, there isn't any reason to assume that it can't or won't work for you. Being open minded is the best approach you can take if you want success with it. It's good that you've made that first step in approaching therapy.

Lucid on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Lucid wrote: »
    Per advice here and elsewhere I have been consulting local counsellors to discuss appointments. This doesn't change how skeptic I am but I figure it's a start right?

Try to lessen your grip on being skeptical in this case, if you can. Therapy is something that works for a lot of people, there isn't any reason to assume that it can't or won't work for you. Being open minded is the best approach you can take if you want success with it. It's good that you've made that first step in approaching therapy.

This is a pretty good starter on what therapy is about: Therapy Is For Everyone, Even You.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum