As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League Of Legends: River Kings, a Brackish Keel-Overhaul of Piracy and LCS in full swing

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Triforce on Udyr is almost mandatory I think. Its such a huge item for him, he uses every stat, he gets constant spellblade procs.

Cleaver on Udyr has the advantage of stacking very quickly in Tiger form, but I wouldn't run it over Triforce. Maybe in tandem if you need some tankbusting.

I wonder if Tankdyr is better with Triforce, or getting Cleaver & IBG.
    I used to run IBG a ton on Tankdyr back in S4. I wouldn't even mess around with Cleaver if you're getting wrecked enough to not even buy Triforce, just get a real tanking HP item at that point.

If you're Tankdyr doing nothing but lockdown IBG is a valid choice. The main thing is that if you don't have the Triforce then you have limited options for splitpushing and Stupid Udyr Shenanigans (tm) without the MS and the phage proc to keep yourself alive.

The new Cleaver has the phage proc though
    Sure, but I was talking about IBG vs Triforce. Adding Cleaver onto IBG, well, Cleaver itself is wasted on Udyr unless you're Tiger and if you're Tiger and building tank items something went wrong.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Dear god what if it turns into a Yasuo style Q?

He could toss his claws like that pokemon that looks like a mantis, they could be mini Draven ults. Full damage going in and half damage coming back. Isolated and it's full damage both ways.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    This dude just got fuuuuuucked. Made it to the top of /lol and r/all. GG, delete your page and get it over with.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/371akk/i_was_threatened_by_the_owner_of_a_30k_fb_page/

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    This dude just got fuuuuuucked. Made it to the top of /lol and r/all. GG, delete your page and get it over with.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/371akk/i_was_threatened_by_the_owner_of_a_30k_fb_page/

What's with all the smileys on the jerks posts?

You're being a jerk. Stop using smileys.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Passive aggressive smileys are the new dank memes.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    And once again Alistar carries an ADC who has negative map awareness with his headbutt peel and /walk away tankyness.

GTFO my lane. GTFO my squishy. GTFO, you're not chasing us. I said GTFO.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    So

only one game with it, obviously not a full assessment

but that Vi build I was talking about earlier is strong.

Warrior, BorK, Cleaver, Randuins, whatever after that (I got crazy fed and went BorK Randuins Ninja Cleaver GA TF). You just delete anything you hit.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I'm not a fan of IBG on Udyr, even tank Udyr, and would only consider it in very strange situations (need armor against all AD, lots of melee so you need the zone slow, low income so you can't afford TF but need the spellblade ASAP).

Triforce alone gives Udyr amazing dueling potential and strong damage, IBG does not. Udyr can have spellblade up on almost every single CD, the big hits coming in every 2-3 seconds add up fast and let him go toe to toe with bruisers and tanks without breaking a sweat. IBG does less damage with spellblade, doesn't have AS, doesn't have AD, doesn't provide health, and doesn't provide MS, so you're losing almost all your offensive power in exchange for a cheaper item with a slow.

The slow, while useful, is a bit wasted on Udyr, because you'll often activate the slow by using a bear stance engage, so the bear stun wastes a good portion of the slow. The slow is still useful for zone control, sticking power, and AoE, but Udyr's own kit has some negative synergy with it because you're wasting a good portion of the slow's duration by just stunning people nonstop.

If you really need AoE zone control with Udyr I'd take Randuins over IBG whenever possible.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    For some reason I decided to keep playing ranked today even though I was obviously on a major losing streak. Went, like 1-6 instead of just taking a break. Huh this is what happens when I'm left at home alone for the weekend I guess (normally my husband is like "you're obviously feeding; take a break from ranked").

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    So

only one game with it, obviously not a full assessment

but that Vi build I was talking about earlier is strong.

Warrior, BorK, Cleaver, Randuins, whatever after that (I got crazy fed and went BorK Randuins Ninja Cleaver GA TF). You just delete anything you hit.
    I've seen a handful of people playing Vi on QT's stream with that build. Each and every one of them ended up being a complete monster.

butts
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I'm beginning to get the hang of Mao.

Of course, "The hang" in this case means punching Righteous glory, W-ing onto a squishy, hitting R, and just making sure I'm auto-attacking and randomly hitting Q-E every once in a while or something.

Also, yes, you're all seeing that Shyvana build and Malphite build correctly.

Khavall on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    Dear god what if it turns into a Yasuo style Q?

He could toss his claws like that pokemon that looks like a mantis, they could be mini Draven ults. Full damage going in and half damage coming back. Isolated and it's full damage both ways.

scyther

he was one of my favorite pokemans ;-;

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    credeiki wrote: »
    For some reason I decided to keep playing ranked today even though I was obviously on a major losing streak. Went, like 1-6 instead of just taking a break. Huh this is what happens when I'm left at home alone for the weekend I guess (normally my husband is like "you're obviously feeding; take a break from ranked").

i am sorry. i did not play league today. but tomorrow!

(not saying that i'm good. but together! gold!)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A fucking Thresh ruined my Teleport Nexus Backdoor on Garen which his fucking hooks and knockups and his teamate killing me.

I died when the enemy Nexus literally had <10HP left and one of my teammates got the glory not even 15seconds later. :(

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    credeiki wrote: »
    In which tank Nami does more damage than Rek'sai, and also plays team psychiatrist so team stops flaming Rek'sai and wins.
    Yes I know the Rylai's is fairly dumb but I wanted AP and health and I don't like buying a RoA late.

I actually like Rylais just for the fact that with Namis bounce, many times I've been able to reach someone running that nobody else could. I feel like the little slow can be just enough for them to get caught.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    @JAEF
    where are youuuuuu everyone else is ready to draft

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I got Rengar back when I first started playing League, and honestly I'm terrible with him. Then I see montages like this and I wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong? And what is that guy doing in the first place to make those kills so ridiculous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFMDSUEgSQ

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    I got Rengar back when I first started playing League, and honestly I'm terrible with him. Then I see montages like this and I wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong? And what is that guy doing in the first place to make those kills so ridiculous?

From someone that doesn't play very much at all but watches a lot of the esports side of LoL, it looks like he's going after low armor targets and just exploding them by mashing buttons after/as he jumps in.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options

Step 1) Get fed

Step 2) Ult with 5 stacks. Before jumping, press Q. While in midair aim E at them. Press W. Press Hydra. They should be dead.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

Step 1) Get fed

Step 2) Ult with 5 stacks. Before jumping, press Q. While in midair aim E at them. Press W. Press Hydra. They should be dead.

In that sequence, is Q or E empowered?

• Options
    edited May 2015

Step 1) Get fed

In that sequence, is Q or E empowered?
    Q should be. Empower your Q for assassination. Empower your E only when ganking, else you lose a lot of damage.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Playing Rengar automatically makes you 1000% worse of a human being.

butts
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    steps to rengar play:

1. be ryan choi

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Link for league We got 5 people, 6 slots, as soon as it's full we're drafting. We're also in vent for shenanigans.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    Link for league We got 5 people, 6 slots, as soon as it's full we're drafting. We're also in vent for shenanigans.

Literally, the moment it's full. 1 spot left, come join us nerds in vent. Especially you, @Jaef.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    heh

getting demoted in a game where your jungler shaco afks after 10 minutes and never returns

~_~

love this game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I thought I was going to get demoted 5 times over by now but somehow I'm still hanging in here

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I've been considering playing ranked finally, but then I think about lobbies and drafting and I call mid I call Jung ban this no why would you. ... and I click teambuilder instead.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    heh

getting demoted in a game where your jungler shaco afks after 10 minutes and never returns

~_~

love this game

If I lose one more I think I'll also get demoted, so I'm kind of afraid of playing ranked.

That said I continue to play LoL instead of packing, so hit me up for duo if you'd like. (and carry me pls)

credeiki on
  • Options
    Sidenote, if any of ya'll want to queue with a pretty good support/decent but bone headed jungle, summoner in my sig

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    God Bard is the most fun thing.

1) Bwump.. Waaamp. Bwoodillido

2) go goddamn mobile

3) If you're smart at the start you will always hit level 2 first because you can pick up 3 chimes before going to lane. Not that you need it, your level 1 is really strong

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    dextermijitdextermijit Registered User regular
    Sooooooooo is there any way to get a free Shaco skin? Maybe liking things on facebook or whatnot

I've been playing him A LOT in team builder after seeing some diamond Shacos.

Am I the devil? I feel like the devil, but something just clicks. Gank bot early for an easy double, get all the lanes rolling and split push.

I guess he's not a good team fighter, but does that matter when the team is up 8 kills

• Options
    dextermijitdextermijit Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    God Bard is the most fun thing.

1) Bwump.. Waaamp. Bwoodillido

2) go goddamn mobile

3) If you're smart at the start you will always hit level 2 first because you can pick up 3 chimes before going to lane. Not that you need it, your level 1 is really strong

I finally have enough saved up for him, but I'm still scared to try bard. Maybe it was how underpowered he was earlier, but most people seem to flame when a teammate picks bard.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Does anyone in the US have a burning desire for the Pulsefire Ezreal statuette (unopened, in original box) given out at S3 worlds and then later to cosplayers at cons? Let me know in the next few days, otherwise it's going to go in the trash because I'm moving and de-junking my house, and I hate Ezreal. If you're not in NA, I'll send it to you if you pay for shipping.

Claimed!

credeiki on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    isn't that thing worth like $50

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    @Credeiki i'll take it if no one else has claimed.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I have come to the conclusion that Leona is my favorite support. With a marksman that is on the same page as you the laning phase is just fun. And then team fighting happens and you can engage from anywhere. Diving the backline or peeling for your backline. I just need a skin for her.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    @credeiki are you maxing W or Q on Sivir? I see guides suggesting either. On the one hand people seem to be fairly sloppy and let me harass with W so I can see bumping it, but that may shove the lane too much and Q is a little more reliable/controllable. I've been loving her E btw, I've faced Morgana, Blitzcrank, Thresh and Leona in the last few days and it was so satisfying to deny their skillshots.

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    @credeiki are you maxing W or Q on Sivir? I see guides suggesting either. On the one hand people seem to be fairly sloppy and let me harass with W so I can see bumping it, but that may shove the lane too much and Q is a little more reliable/controllable. I've been loving her E btw, I've faced Morgana, Blitzcrank, Thresh and Leona in the last few days and it was so satisfying to deny their skillshots.

I max Q (and Q should definitely be maxed--such a solid nuke, such good ad scaling, easy to land too cause it's so big); however, I always start with a point of W at lvl 1. This is because:
    1. W is an autoattack reset--AA+W+AA does as much single target damage as Q, so if you're in a lvl 1 brawl it's still good
    2. W costs less mana than q (used to be much less, but still less at this point)
    3. W is fantastic for reaching level 2 first.
    Jars wrote: »
    isn't that thing worth like $50

Dunno, but people have been generous to me gifting skins and whatnot, so I might as well be generous in return.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    @Red Raevyn back in the day when two of the most popular supports were Blitzcrank and Taric, I forced myself to learn Sivir for the sole purpose of messing with chumps that thought they could hit me. It would always amuse me when they just gave up trying to grab or stun me and stopped using those spells entirely.

Jookie on
    butts