As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bioware Games] Stop Dragon My Heart Around

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    New Mass Effect and a new Nintendo machine

Now that's Smarch weather I can get into

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I had read about the colouring book. Interesting about the potential launch date.

e: god damnit forums, colouring has a u in it!

Psykoma on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    New Mass Effect and a new Nintendo machine

Now that's Smarch weather I can get into

I really want Andromeda to be an NX launch title. Mass Effect on the bus! LAN parties with no setup! But with all the work they've done for 4K consoles, a low-fi semi-portable version is probably never happening. :sad:

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Sier wanted me to play through Mass Effect again and @Olorin has never seen the game. I started streaming it for them and it's a lot of fun getting Olorin's reactions to the story beats so far.

We just finished the intro and Therum to pick up the whole party.

Aaaand wow is the combat still bad.

The game still looks pretty good at 1080p.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Yeah. My brother and I was reminiscing about ME1's combat.

About assassination aimbot snipers and how Adept was the worst class until it became the best.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah. My brother and I was reminiscing about ME1's combat.

About assassination aimbot snipers and how Adept was the worst class until it became the best.

The later games never really captured the feeling you got staring down the final boss and then just ragdolling him around the room until he died.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Sier wanted me to play through Mass Effect again and @Olorin has never seen the game. I started streaming it for them and it's a lot of fun getting Olorin's reactions to the story beats so far.

I've been watching a LP of Gears of War 4

and, damn, the first mass effect came out a yearish after the first gears
    the difference in quality between two cover based shooters is immense

plus, I rarely used cover in the first mass effect because BARRIER BARRIER BARRIER

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    @Sier wanted me to play through Mass Effect again and @Olorin has never seen the game. I started streaming it for them and it's a lot of fun getting Olorin's reactions to the story beats so far.

You should have made sure that Liara was the last mission before Virmire. Sure, having her on Noveria is nice, but for comedy gold, she comes last.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Yes, however we are going through with a newbie and I wanted to get some of the more dramatic story beats going.
    Dubh wrote: »
    Sier wanted me to play through Mass Effect again and @Olorin has never seen the game. I started streaming it for them and it's a lot of fun getting Olorin's reactions to the story beats so far.

I've been watching a LP of Gears of War 4

and, damn, the first mass effect came out a yearish after the first gears
    the difference in quality between two cover based shooters is immense

plus, I rarely used cover in the first mass effect because BARRIER BARRIER BARRIER

I'm going the soldier route for the first game to keep to the story and mostly ignore the combat. It definitely feels like Bioware was going for a more "actioney" Knights of the Old Republic before overhauling the combat in 2.

Yukira on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Mass Effect 2 was such an improvement that I didn't care about the switch to thermal clips
    that was the entire reason, as a matter of fact

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    There never seemed like that there was enough of the clips, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

like you never had enough ammo? this is the first I've ever heard this expressed

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Mass Effect 2 was such an improvement that I didn't care about the switch to thermal clips

Also, the reloading of thermal clips was rather satisfying.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

Also, the reloading of thermal clips was rather satisfying.

Reloading is inherently satisfying

That's kind of the whole reason they introduced it to begin with

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

It's to force you to move forward. You're supposed to be advancing from cover to cover, not hanging out and plinking dudes from afar.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

It's to force you to move forward. You're supposed to be advancing from cover to cover, not hanging out and plinking dudes from afar.
    Yeah, I eventually figured that out.

My first run as Infiltrator was a PITA until then, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular

I cannot get enough of Wrex! All the characters are really good so far. Tali's adorable, Garrus is cool, Liara seems sweet (though haven't seen much of her yet). And oh my god, the doctor! I can't remember the exact line, but when she was talking about why she joined up I was cracking up.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I will say the only thing I really, really missed in the transition from ME1 to ME2 was the 80s film grain. That was masterfully done.

But I get why it didn't fit.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Olorin wrote: »

I cannot get enough of Wrex! All the characters are really good so far. Tali's adorable, Garrus is cool, Liara seems sweet (though haven't seen much of her yet). And oh my god, the doctor! I can't remember the exact line, but when she was talking about why she joined up I was cracking up.

Doctor Chakwas is such a good character. Probably my favorite series non-party NPC

• Options
    One week until N7 day.

You know I know everyone can't wait for the single player reveals and I'm included in that but I also can't wait for them to show off multiplayer.

It was probably one of my favorite online cooperative experiences ever. Hell...I had over 600 hours played.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I honestly barely care about Andromeda single player

the main thing inquisition did was remind me of the ME3 multi-shaped void that I am currently in the grip of

so all I want to know about Andromeda is if it will be giving me the multi I need and when is it coming out

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    One week until N7 day.

You know I know everyone can't wait for the single player reveals and I'm included in that but I also can't wait for them to show off multiplayer.

It was probably one of my favorite online cooperative experiences ever. Hell...I had over 600 hours played.

I had south of this but not by as much as you'd think

They caught lightning in a bottle with that multiplayer, and I know it wasn't an accident, but I also wonder if they can do the same again

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    As an opposite of you, I enjoyed ME3 multiplayer, but if it weren't there at all I wouldn't really care and would still be buying it on day 1. (Not to say I don't hope that it is there, but it's the single player that's selling me.)

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Start your hype engines folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPkv7DmeM1A

(it's not a trailer as such but it's something!)

The link is a newsletter signup form

The Andromeda Initiative is currently seeking recruits. Registered recruits will be among the first contacted to receive critical mission information, special training opportunities, and will also be eligible for reward upon program completion. Orientation begins Nov. 7.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    600 years from where they stand, huh

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    ME2 was an incredibly good game and I can't remember playing a sequel that improved on its predecessor so much (within a reasonable timescale of a development cycle).

Maybe Medieval TW to Rome TW.

• Options
    Just to be clear I think single player is an outright essential part of what makes ME work for me, up to and including (or especially) ME3

But

That multiplayer being back would sure be nice

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    ME2 was an incredibly good game and I can't remember playing a sequel that improved on its predecessor so much (within a reasonable timescale of a development cycle).

Maybe Medieval TW to Rome TW.

I'd say Assassin's Creed to AC2 is in the mix

• Options
    It's already known that Andromeda will have some kind of multiplayer

I'll be pretty okay with it being identical to ME3's just without the random boxes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Witcher to Witcher 2 or W2 to W3 also has to be in the running

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    600 years from where they stand, huh

thousands of parsecs from this moment in time

• Options
    Just cause to just cause 2

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Witcher to Witcher 2 or W2 to W3 also has to be in the running

It's definitely 2 to 3

Witcher 2 was a game I thought was neat

3 made it in my top 5 favorite series' ever

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    It's already known that Andromeda will have some kind of multiplayer

I'll be pretty okay with it being identical to ME3's just without the random boxes

I actually really enjoyed the random boxes but I think this is a function of playing as much as I did

I'd play through a whole mess of Gold matches, saving up hundreds of thousands of credits to buy an absolute ton of reinforcement packs. Felt real good.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

Doctor Chakwas is such a good character. Probably my favorite series non-party NPC

Bailey, imo

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man to Spider-Man 2 was a big ol' leap

GTA2 to GTA3 is kinda stratospheric, all things considered, and that was only a two year gap. Which I looked up for the sake of this post, and holy crap is that impressive

• Options
    Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy was a 5-year gap so I suppose that's a bit long to qualify for this conversation

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

Bailey, imo

Bailey is a character I don't think I "get"

I can't really ever remember any characteristics about him besides he's voiced by Lance...Henriksen, I think

hoo boy i almost said Lance Reddick because I am always confusing those two

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I like the characters in mass effect who were old enough to be grown adults when aliens were discovered in the first place and now they're nonplussed veterans of galactic society

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Bailey, imo

Bailey is a character I don't think I "get"

I can't really ever remember any characteristics about him besides he's voiced by Lance...Henriksen, I think

hoo boy i almost said Lance Reddick because I am always confusing those two

Bailey is the dude who played Tigh (Michael Hogan) in Battlestar Galactica, he's a cool gruff old cop man with a heart of gold.

Henriksen plays Admiral Hackett.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
This discussion has been closed.