As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Six Coaches Not Named Byron Scott Fired

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Also, LOL at Shaq completely busting it on set during the halftime show.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Shaq almost killed by a moniter cord

also Blake Griffin is a beast

• Options
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Jesus, how do I keep forgetting how excruciatingly long the last half of these games are with all the fucking fouls

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Jesus, how do I keep forgetting how excruciatingly long the last half of these games are with all the fucking fouls

It's exacerbated by two of the worst free throw shooters in history squaring off.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »

I laughed way too hard at this

• Options
    Doc River's kid kinda sucks at basketball

• Options
    Kind of surprised the Rockets were able to come back and win. They still played a pretty sloppy game. Thankfully the Clips were just worse, especially in that second half.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Was it as sloppy as the Bulls? I loved the way the Cavs looked the first 35 minutes but Bulls first quarter was pathetic. They were bouncing balls off their own feet, throwing jumpers off the side of the backboard, and by game's end their starters only shot 36%. That team has been so hit or miss these playoff it really is confusing.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    It was pretty sloppy, but Harden decided to show up in the 4th. Harden and Howard are amazing players, but sometimes their personalities tend to take over the whole team and you wonder if they even realize the games are important.

• Options
    Howard has looked really good from a health standpoint though. I don't care for the guy (same as most people) but I did miss watching him play like that.

• Options
    Oh he's playing great, haven't seen him play like this since Orlando. I just mean the whole team's attitude at times is very lackadaisical, like they're playing a pick up game. That could be more on McHale, though.

• Options
    Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about. They do look dangerous when clicking on all cylinders though.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh my god Cavs, what the hell were you thinking with this?

All of a sudden the horse-murdering tweet doesn't look so bad now.

EDIT - Well apparently the Cabs office agreed. They removed that fast.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Doc River's kid kinda sucks at basketball

Dunno, he turned up in g1 of this series. I think he's just really inconsistent.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Oh my god Cavs, what the hell were you thinking with this?

All of a sudden the horse-murdering tweet doesn't look so bad now.

and it's gone

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    What the hell was it?

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I saw it right before they took it down. It's a video of a man and woman in their kitchen when the "Time of my life" song from dirty dancing comes on. He's wearing a Cavs shirt and she has a red shirt on with her apron covering it up. They dance for a minute like in the movie, and just before she runs over to him so he can pick her up, she takes the apron off to reveal a Bulls shirt. When he sees it, he picks her up and very deliberately throws her to the ground, then berates her for being a Bulls fan. She clutches her elbow and leg on the ground in pain. In the next shot, she's sitting on the couch with him, an ice bag to her head and now wearing a Cavs shirt, and apologizing.

I get what they were going for with the Dirty Dancing spoof, but wow did they botch that execution. And apparently they played this during the game last night.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Everyone knows if you want to joke about domestic violence you have to show the woman as the one hitting the man, jeez

• Options
    They could have so easily had it go a totally harmless way and convey the same meaning

Man spins partner in super cool dance move. Apron comes off mid spin, revealing Bulls shirt. Disgusted, he aborts the move leaving her to spin out of control and stumble. Boom. Marketed.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    it's likely a reference to that commercial where the woman smashes into the table trying the same move

but yeah that sounds gross

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGHAxbSEBZs

there's the video

it's fucked up

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    woooooooow

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think they were intentionally promoting domestic violence or anything, it was just badly, badly executed and tone-deaf. Really all they had to do was have him see the Bulls shirt and step out of the way in surprise, and she crashes into something on her own momentum. Would have been more lighthearted and also would have gotten the exact same message across. But instead, he very purposefully picks her up and throws her.

It's just amazing that several people probably had to be involved in this production, and all the way to the point of showing it at the game and uploading it to Vimeo, not one person stopped and said, "Hey guys, maybe this isn't quite the message we want to get across here."

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's bad enough that he throws her, but to follow it up with "don't make the same mistake she did" and her apologizing is like...jesus, how did people think this was worth doing?

also: jesus, that "go cavs" at the end is supremely douchey, like...wow, a+ effort on that, dude

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Ewww.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    What the fuck, Cavs? Like seriously ... who thought this was even remotely appropriate?

• Options
    nooooope

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Go bulls.

• Options
    Ugh...

• Options
    I made the mistake of reading the comments sections on YouTube and Yahoo about this video.

Why do I hate myself so?

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think they were intentionally promoting domestic violence or anything, it was just badly, badly executed and tone-deaf. Really all they had to do was have him see the Bulls shirt and step out of the way in surprise, and she crashes into something on her own momentum. Would have been more lighthearted and also would have gotten the exact same message across. But instead, he very purposefully picks her up and throws her.

It's just amazing that several people probably had to be involved in this production, and all the way to the point of showing it at the game and uploading it to Vimeo, not one person stopped and said, "Hey guys, maybe this isn't quite the message we want to get across here."

this is like the Bud Light "use this drink to remove the word 'no' from your vocabulary" ad on their label

educate yourselves, stupid corps/businesses

• Options
    edited May 2015
    The Bud Light thing is not nearly as bad considering the context. Yes it was poorly worded but it's clearly part of their "Up for Whatever" campaign.

As for the Cavs thing the only thing that exceeds my disgust is curiosity on how the Hell did they think that would be a good idea?

Butters on
  • Options
    This concept can and has been executed very well in the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv0_EpF5SyY

I don't understand how you screw it up so badly.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Butters wrote: »

Well they are a team in Cleveland so...

• Options
    The Bud Light thing is not nearly as bad considering the context. Yes it was poorly worded but it's clearly part of their "Up for Whatever" campaign.

As for the Cavs thing the only thing that exceeds my disgust is curiosity on how the Hell did they think that would be a good idea?

nah it's still really stupid

both are pretty dumb and contribute to culture of normalizing violence against women, imo

clearly these companies need a SJW gate checker to tell them when joking about that stuff might not be a good idea :P

• Options

omg that first one made me feel so gross

go blue

• Options
    John Wall has 5 non-displaced fractures in his wrist and hand. Not looking good for his return this series.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    If Wall doesn't come back, that's probably gonna wrap it up for the Wizards.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    ESPN has basically fired Bill Simmons. I post it here because basketball was his main sport.

This discussion has been closed.