As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Iron Babar: the King is Dead; Long Live the King!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited June 2015 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery.

The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere, and as our story begins, humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars.

The Traveler watches over the Last City, and it is recruiting heroes from Earth to help protect our doomed planet, but the Darkness that hunts it is descending upon us. We must fight back against that Darkness, Guardians. We must suit up and set out - to the Moon and the planets beyond. We are humanity’s last hope.

Expansion II: House of Wolves

Heed the Queen's call, Guardians. Her Majesty, impressed by our efforts but ever-guarded, recently in hiding and lately hesitant to dispatch even a sole representative to the Tower, has summoned us to her mysterious realm. She seeks our cooperation to exact revenge on the Fallen - that brutal, radical race that has desecrated our home planet and now patrols its caverns and rusted outposts. In return, she promises untold riches and armaments with power beyond our comprehension.

Join your fellow Arcadians in the Reef. We will explore a new frontier, challenge our brethren in competitive Trials for glory and fine rewards, hunt the Queen's enemies, and ultimately, step into the Prison of Elders to face off against an unrelenting barrage of every manner of threat we have encountered in our journey and foes yet unseen. The Queen has opened the Reef to us, Guardians. Let the hunt begin.

a4d8z18n15hd.jpg

Expansion I: The Dark Below

Guardians: over the past several months, we have taken the first steps in our quest to defend the Last City and reclaim the skies. We've wrestled the wasteland of Old Russia from our foes. We've taken back the surface of the Moon and slain an unchained beast in the darkness of our planet's cratered, barren neighbor. We've taken up arms against warmongering behemoths and beaten them back. We've fought timeless machines, weaving in and out of time and emerging from the toughest challenge we've faced with our arms full of loot and our hearts full of pride. But this was only the beginning.

At home, we've stabilized the war effort. We move freely through the Tower, spending our accrued wealth and devising strategies for future encounters. We revisit the scenes of our former glories. We spar with our fellow guardians and raise our flag as a clan, night after night. We rose above the competition in the Iron Banner. We proved our might to the Queen. Today, we take the next step forward. Today, we continue our journey.

In the darkest depths of the Moon, the Hive stir, summoning a threat greater than any we have seen. Crota, the Hive god and son of Oryx, is gathering his strength to emerge from the shadows and invade our homeworld. We must descend into the Hellmouth and destroy this creature. We must put a stop to the Hive's ambitions and put our own into action. Together, we must brave the Dark Below.

Join Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!

5poflkd6kg6e.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (April/May 2015): We've cleared some cap room for new recruits. Come on in!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're applying.
2. Hit up the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link) and apply for membership. If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and apply for membership.
3. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement once you're in the group.
4. When we get your PM and see that you're on the spreadsheet, we'll accept you to the group(s). Then, you have to separately join your system's clan, if there's space - so click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in your group's banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to the clan. (Note: This only works after you've played the game on your system for the first time.) We'll accept you asap.
5. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

PA Control Tips!

If you're playing Control with PA, you're going to want to hunker down and prioritize holding the following points on the following vanilla maps:

Shores of Time: B and C
Blind Watch: B and C
Rusted Lands: A and B
Firebase Delphi: A and B
Twilight Gap: A and B

Capture and defend these points and avoid the third point on each map. Don't try to be a hero and go for that third point, even if you're up by a large margin - this will only flip the spawns and put your enemy in a more advantageous position. Alternatively, if your team is running into a meat grinder at the two better points and the third point is sitting there untouched for a prolonged period of time, you might consider taking it just to keep yourselves in the game. But Blind Watch A and Firebase Delphi C are usually off-limits completely, because they're that toxic - other than an optional cap in the first few seconds of the match.

There don't seem to be any must-avoid points on The Cauldron, Pantheon, or Skyshock. I mean, Skyshock itself is generally must-avoid.

Here are some additional tips, from @Trojan35:
  • Control is still Deathmatch. Control is NOT an objective gametype, it's a slayer gametype with some score modifiers. K+A vs D spread should still be your primary focus. For example, let's say you lead your team in points and deaths, with 20 kills and 20 deaths. You are actually a significant drag on your team despite leading in points and having a 1.0 K/D. Why, you ask? It's because the other team gets +50 bonus points for killing you every time you die since you're leading your team in scoring. So, assuming no other modifiers, you scored 2000 points in kills but gave the other team 3000, for a -1000 drag to your team. Sadly, the individual scoring does not highlight this at all and encourages this type of behavior. Don't judge yourself entirely on your score, but your net benefit to your team.
  • Spawn point is a critical objective. I just said the control points are a distant second to K/D spread, but they're still important. Their biggest benefit is forcing enemy spawns to the "bad" side of the map. Once you hold the two "good" objectives, never cap the third. Controlling the correct side of the map allows you a distinct advantage in all 1v1 and teamfights, as well as better control of heavy spawns. Teams will often zerg into the killing lanes and give you tons of free kills. Oh, you also get bonus points for having 2 objectives. Capping the 3rd is exactly what the enemy needs to flip the map. I've seen +6k point leads turn into losses with 1 bad cap and a map flip. Don't do it.

If you forget the above list of priority points, remember that B is always good. If you're on the "bad" side, don't rush in head first trying to desperately grab B as you'll just dig yourself a bigger hole. Your goal is to flip the map while losing as few points in the process as possible. Wait for heavy/super spawns and then try to flip the map by grabbing the far-capture point. Just being alive and on the good side of the map will force enemy spawns closer to the middle and yours towards the good side, which is the start to flipping the map.
  • Stick together but don't bunch up. It's easier to win fights 3v1 than 1v3. Further, capturing an objective together gives +100 points for each team member in the circle. 1-man cap kinda stinks at only 100 points, but a 4-man cap can be huge. Stick together and you'll get more points and more wins. That said, never bunch up because an enemy super is going to ruin your day and get a massive point total (~4 kills, bonus points for multi-kill and super-kills, and likely on his way to kill streak bonus points). This is why a 6-man cap is high risk high reward.

If you never let the team kill more than 1-2 with their supers, odds are you're going to do very well. If you let them consistently get 3-4 kill supers off you're going to have a bad time. Tactical retreats are very useful vs Golden Gun, Radiance, and Bubble.
  • The game swings on Heavies and Supers. Use your supers strategically. Always get 2+ kills with your super. I always laugh when I get the drop on someone and they panic-super me for a 1:1 trade. Better to die and use the super right to get multiple kills, generate orbs, and hopefully a kill streak bonus or heavy ammo steal. The first heavy ammo spawn usually coincides with supers charging, so if you have heavy be careful for supers that may ruin your day. Conversely, use your super on enemies as they collect their heavy ammo spawn to steal it.
  • Find the right loadout. If you want to get into the details, here's a great spreadsheet showing the fastest TTK weapons assuming perfect accuracy. Think about how you want to play the map you're currently on. Lots of corners? Try Shotguns. Lots of hallways like Firebase Delphi? Try Fusion Rifles. Lots of distance at C on Shores of Time? Try Snipers.

For most primaries, Low ROF, High Impact is the best choice and then use modifiers to improve stability and range. Preferred weapons are Suros, Vex, and Vanquisher for the Auto-rifle category, TLW, Thorn, and a distant second Timur's Lash for handcannons. Pulse, Scout, Universal Remote, and NLB still just aren't very good in most situations. Maybe that will change with upcoming patches. If it's not IB and you're playing Crucible, Attack stat doesn't matter so any blue with a similar ROF/Impact to the above guns will work, especially if they have a good perk.

For specials there is variety. Snipers all are 2-shots or 1 headshot, so high RoF is preferable with a good scope and good stability (Praedyth's Revenge and Prudence). Fusion rifles people generally prefer fast charge, and Plan C's quick charge on weapon switch is pretty impressive. For Shotguns you generally want to maximize range.

If a heavy ammo spawn is coming, make sure you have the proper Heavy equipped. For rocket launchers, look for tracking perks. I prefer Truth as it's the best long range PvP rocket launcher in the game with its aggressive tracking and multi-rocket tube, but there's tons of good machine guns as well. For machine guns, look for high impact high stability to get headshot kills.

Armor has a lot more variety and specific to each class, but be on the lookout for a few of these universally good perks: Melee attack speed, Heavy Ammo, and Revive Speed (for Skirmish/Salvage), and anything that increases super charge rate. For statistics, it depends on your playstyle. Intellect is always good for more supers, but shotgun/melee shield characters like sunsinger and defender titans may like strength. Discipline is generally prioritized either 2nd (non-melee characters) or 3rd.
  • Use your entire arsenal. Did I mention bonus points? You get bonus points for killing people with non-primaries such as grenades, heavy, super, etc. You also get bonus points for being awesome with assists, assist streaks, kill streaks, headshots, etc. Ultimately, variety of kill type is still secondary to actually killing people and will just come naturally as you get yourself the proper loadout and maximize everything at your disposal. For example, a Thorn + Axion Bolt combo can be very effective vs teams that are using cover and grouping. Beyond the points, many armor pieces give bonus super/melee/grenade energy for killing with melee/grenades. So the more you effectively use your special abilities, the faster they'll recharge and the more you can use them, all while earning bonus points.
  • Consider your team's skill level for matchmaking. Just remember that Destiny does skill-based matching just like other games. If you team up with great players, odds are you'll be matched against skilled teams. Don't stress; just do your best and have fun with your buds. But if you're desperately trying to complete that Thorn bounty, consider teaming up with the worst PvPers you know. You'll get matched against weaker opponents and hopefully have a pretty good K/D ratio.

d16n9hnpzqqq.png

Getting Started

Have questions about leveling, resources, game modes, etc.? Here's a "Getting Started" guide that should provide some answers: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-getting-started-guide/

Unsure how to progress once you hit level 20? Check out this guide: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-getting-started-guide/

Queen's Wrath Ether Chests

With House of Wolves, Bungie has added some new mechanics to Patrol. As you hang out in the open world (or sit and wait patiently), you will encounter dropships full of Fallen and bosses tied to bounties you get from Petra in the Reef. When you take down one of these bosses, a chest with a special yellow glow will spawn somewhere nearby, and you'll have to track it down to have a chance at its unique rewards (including loot keys for the big chest at the end of the Prison of Elders!). Here are some links with chest locations:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2093754/destiny-where-to-find-pack-of-wolves-chests-for-queens-wrath-bounties/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36349w/guide_ether_chests_locations_found/

Keeping Track of Things

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Check your reputation, marks, and progress toward the weekly cap here: http://www.destinyrep.com

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here: http://www.destinytracker.com

Find Public Events with this nifty tracker: http://destinypublicevents.com

If you can't seem to find a group in the thread, you can try: http://www.destinylfg.net

The Dressing Room

Play dress-up with the Shader Previewer: http://db.destinytracker.com/character

Pimp yourself out with these codes for emblems, shaders, and grimoire cards:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

And finally: FULLY CHOREOGRAPHED GUARDIAN DANCE PARTY!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Wait for it. This thing had me smiling the whole time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goyTGRS7Gxw

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Aww man, I'm out of town for the weekend. I'll try and hijack my brother's XBone and play a bit late at night!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    PA & PA2 vs. the World
    6:00 EST | 5/15/15

I don't want to belabor the point - and I probably don't need to, considering that people will probably be on tonight to check out Patch 1.2 - but since we're close to the end of the work day and starting a new thread, I want to remind the PS4 Arcadians that I'll be rounding up interested parties for some all-night, all-PA Control PvP tonight. This is one part training for Tryhards of Osiris, one part a chance to reconnect with old friends after some time away, and one part goofy Friday night with the best clan this side of the Rusted Lands.

Join my PS4 party chat tonight if you want in, starting at 6:00 Eastern. I'm open to late-night HM Vault or NM Crota if people want to do that, too, but we're starting in the Crucible, testing our mettle and farming Strength of the Wolf medals for @BillyIdle's collection.

Can't wait. Oh, and if you're new to the clan, add me on PSN if you haven't already (SKI2000G) and let's roll.

<3

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The Queen's Wrath missions are nothing like fucking around and killing blades of Crota from last expansion. I was fucking around leveling up blue stuff and it went poorly before I remember to put on real weapons and then it went less poorly, but I barely dented the first yellow person I went up against. Going to have to gear up for real next time I try that.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I can't decide if I want to hold onto these commendations or burn them all now in hopes of getting a shader from Dead Orbit.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    SAVE THEM

Seriously, save them for just 5 days for potential HoW gear

• Options
    Yeah but

Shaders!!

• Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    Wait until at least tuesday. Then you could maybe get a new gun that's not out yet. I want to burn through my 30 too (which should give me 2 levels at least) but need to wait.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    "Downloading update file..."

you-lie.png

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    PA & PA2 vs. the World
    6:00 EST | 5/15/15

I don't want to belabor the point - and I probably don't need to, considering that people will probably be on tonight to check out Patch 1.2 - but since we're close to the end of the work day and starting a new thread, I want to remind the PS4 Arcadians that I'll be rounding up interested parties for some all-night, all-PA Control PvP tonight. This is one part training for Tryhards of Osiris, one part a chance to reconnect with old friends after some time away, and one part goofy Friday night with the best clan this side of the Rusted Lands.

Join my PS4 party chat tonight if you want in, starting at 6:00 Eastern. I'm open to late-night HM Vault or NM Crota if people want to do that, too, but we're starting in the Crucible, testing our mettle and farming Strength of the Wolf medals for @BillyIdle's collection.

Can't wait. Oh, and if you're new to the clan, add me on PSN if you haven't already (SKI2000G) and let's roll.

<3

@GMaster7 how could you do this to me, on Mad Max Night of all nights

(I may be on later)

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Weak thread title!

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Team Slowbros is holding a Vault Raid on 360 Sunday.
    So far there's 5 of us, so a 6th and some standbys would be nice.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    After this shitshow of a work week, prowling around the Cosmodrome trying to kill the nearly unkillable is right up my alley.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I killed the first target for the queen with a level 30 dude (Thunderlord, Found Verdict and Fang are good for this) and I got a message about an "Ether Key" (with a countdown for 1.10 minute) and to look for some treasure or some shit, naturally I couldnt find dick, since he spawned in an area where you can barely see anything
    that was annoying I'd like to see what was in it.

Also got the Fallen Walker on Venus, yeah those are Wolf Walkers now, with a brigade of Scorch cannon dudes, that was pretty cool.

Can you only do the first target now? (Since his bounty says Day 1 and the others have different days)

EDIT - This is something you can get apparently, a treasure key, does not always drop.
    IMG_2877.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    My friend got the treasure, it was a normal chest with a blue in it. He can't decrypt so it it's likely a HoW item. I bet there's a chance you can get a purple engram too.

• Options
    1.2 y u rearrange my vault?

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    @Sirialis from what I understand, the update was supposed to drop Wed. but they delayed it to fix a bug. As a result, you should be able to do Day 1-3 (Wed, Thurs, Fri). Someone put up some screenshots with the various bounties and the other days said 'locked'

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Yeah, I just did day 2 and found the chest, 2 blues and some minor stuff, did not get a Treasure Key :-/

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Weak thread title!

A goofy thread title would not accomplish my goal here, which is to bring our lapsed friends back into the fold with the prospect of seeing new and wondrous things!

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Weak thread title!

A goofy thread title would not accomplish my goal here, which is to bring our lapsed friends back into the fold with the prospect of seeing new and wondrous things!

I'm just bitter about still being at work.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    man i got the baroness down to a smidgeon of health then she despawned

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I've killed all 3 of the bounties available now on my Warlock, didnt have too many troubles, Fang of Ir Yut, Found Verdict and Thunderlord were nice to have along

Got 2 out of 3 chests, was 3 blues and some resources so far, going to do it on my titan and hunter later.

Doing the first 3 bounties got me to 936/1000 rep.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    New vehicle!

FPQn5hZ.jpg

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'll be on later today (ps4) if anyone wants to help us spread the wrath of a queen.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Here is a video I uploaded showing the "Find the Ether Key" stuff that activates after killing any of the Bounty Targets, look for a chest with a yellowish glow within 1.20 minutes.

http://xboxclips.com/Sirialis/3c600253-0d18-4447-8eca-5f12226b4166

Sirialis on
  • Options
    So this is basically just a head start sort of deal I take it?

I'm seeing people say they got treasure keys from chests and passage coins from doing crucible.

I don't really understand what either item does, but ok!

Aside from the 4 bounties, are people just kinda hanging out and repeating the events, hoping to maybe get some engrams that can't be decoded to keep for Tuesday?

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Just as an FYI, when burning commendations for reputation the Nightfall buff works.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, when burning commendations for reputation the Nightfall buff works.

noice

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular

faction class items also work on them. I definitely wouldn't burn my commendations until Tuesday, though. No sense in missing out on free new items.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna hop on in a sec and cruise for a bruisin' with my Fourth Horseman in tow. Maybe I'll join someone else on patrol if it looks like a good patrol.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    may i just say the fast reload perk on 4th horseman is like

it must be like what inventing the wheel was like

first you're like man we can really move stuff from point a to b but it's so slow and cumbersome omg

and then dude was like, hey what if we roll things

and there was much rejoicing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »

faction class items also work on them. I definitely wouldn't burn my commendations until Tuesday, though. No sense in missing out on free new items.

Is there any chance next weeks nightfall will be something locked behind HoW story or not really completable as a 30/31?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I don't use the fast reload perk anymore because I'm always on dat Force Barrier high, but yeah, furiously jammin shells into that thing is a sight to behold.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

I just bumped some reps closer to the hump.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Team Slowbros is holding a Vault Raid on 360 Sunday.
    So far there's 5 of us, so a 6th and some standbys would be nice.

What time is this. I can probably do it.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    If anyone was wondering the chest after killing a queens target is repeatable, and they do spawn legendaries. It actually seems that they have stealth buffed the drop rates of engrams. In an hour of playing I have received 10+ blue engrams and a single purple.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    See to it that during the bounties you at least hit the target once; I was fighting with @Frei and @Haphazard at the Citadel, but I fell down, and when I got up, the target was already killed; the bounty was completed for me, but I didn't receive the Ether Key, and therefore couldn't open the chest. I noticed that because I was running towards the chest, I saw somelike "<Person> found <Purple thingy>" so I thought someone pulled a Lengendary Engram out of the chest, but this may have been a treasure key then? Anyhow, I stood before the chest and the thing said "Needs Ether Key". So do damage your bounty target!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I'm open to late-night HM Vault or NM Crota if people want to do that
    Glooooooooowhooooooooooo! :P

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I have had trouble downloading these Destiny updates every time one has rolled out since I bought the game a month or so ago. This one now is just saying "Downloading update file..." and having no action on the progress bar whatsoever.

Every other time I've downloaded something on my PS4, be it a game or another game's update, I haven't had an issue.

EDIT: Got it to work by disabling the connection to the internet and then re-enabling it (a few times) which is what worked for me for the last update too. Weird, but oh well.

This Reef lady has a kickass pretty spaceship.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'll probably be doing an all nighter tonight because I have to go into work at 10 am, which is a super super early shift for me, so I may be around for crucible after my 10pm showing of Mad Max.