As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Iron Babar: the King is Dead; Long Live the King!

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Bloody hell this patch is taking its time

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    preparing to download

I assume next is downloading

and then verifying download

and then applying download

this is like that scene in office space when he's trying to get out before lumberg sees him

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I feel kinda bad for Bungie because you know they're going to need to patch this, and people are going bitch and moan if, in order to fix it, they need to disable it for awhile.

If you open an Ether Chest, leave the area, and return before the buff expires, you can open the chest a second time.

Edit: According to the reddit comments, this has been a known strategy for farming planetary materials, too. Apparently my brain isn't tricksy enough to even consider crap like this. <_<

Edit2: It frustrates me that so many people are excited about this. =(

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    If anyone was wondering the chest after killing a queens target is repeatable, and they do spawn legendaries. It actually seems that they have stealth buffed the drop rates of engrams. In an hour of playing I have received 10+ blue engrams and a single purple.

They listed this in the patch notes, didn't they?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    15 minutes left I thought this was America

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Anyone for hitting either Nightfall or the Vault tonight? Still have some catching up to do for gear.

• Options
    anyone got room for a chanus to tag along for these queen bounty things in about 4 minutes?

assuming Sony made a better download clock than Microsoft that is

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I... thought that PS4 downloaded these patches automatically.

I am downloading now. I am annoyed, because I am ready to go.

Edit: Oh, okay. 6.1 out of 6.9 GB downloaded. I'll be a little delayed, then.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Did I read right

Did they remove the mat reward entirely from purple engrams

That's amazing news!

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Team Slowbros is holding a Vault Raid on 360 Sunday.
    So far there's 5 of us, so a 6th and some standbys would be nice.

What time is this. I can probably do it.

Haven't nailed down a time yeah besides "after noon, but before midnight."

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Did I read right

Did they remove the mat reward entirely from purple engrams

That's amazing news!

It says that, but currently not a single engram I've found can be decoded anyway so it's hard to tell!

There's actually several things the patch lists, but aren't in. Presumably they'll be in 1.20.1; since its notes also repeat them, but yeah. Things like exchange from the speaker, or xur, among others, aren't there.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    one dude down

can you see the chest when you don't have the key? I didn't find crap

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    So I bought this on the PS4 because it was half off, and its downloading now and how much am I going to regret this?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    one dude down

The locations are apparently randomized based on 4 or 5 possible, and some seem pretty damn sneaky, but it helps to just get high up and look around for a golden glow.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    one dude down

The locations are apparently randomized based on 4 or 5 possible, and some seem pretty damn sneaky, but it helps to just get high up and look around for a golden glow.

cool. I found one in skywatch so at least I know what I'm looking for now

• Options
    Radiation wrote: »
    So I bought this on the PS4 because it was half off, and its downloading now and how much am I going to regret this?

in the sense that you can't stop playing probably a lot

• Options
    yeah it seems they just disabled engram decoding to avoid the legendary bug I guess?

• Options
    edited May 2015
    yeah it seems they just disabled engram decoding to avoid the legendary bug I guess?

I've found 20 engrams with my Titan, only 2 of which could be decoded. Only one is a Legendary.

I'm not entirely sure why blues are also unable to be decoded; I'm guessing a bug, but I guess HoW might be changing the base light on blues too?

EDIT: Also something with the Queens Wrath stuff seems to be giving a decent amount of glimmer. I'm not sure if it is the targets, or the chests.

But folks might want to try to remember to keep Ether Seeds up while farming them either way.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I'm kinda OK with that

As long as I'm not filling my entire vault with legendaries

Wait. Can blues be decoded?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, when burning commendations for reputation the Nightfall buff works.

So... are rep packages broken? I leveled up New Monarchy and got a strange coin and a commendation.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I'm kinda OK with that

As far as I can tell, it's just stuff from the Ether Chests that can't be decoded.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Hot damn, look at all those people playing Destiny again.

• Options
    I'm kinda OK with that

As far as I can tell, it's just stuff from the Ether Chests that can't be decoded.

That's probably what it is; and any engrams dropped specifically by the wolves guys, blue or purple.

But yeah, if you're doing any amount of farming of the chests your shit is gonna get full fast.

I'd kinda prefer they just let the blues be decoded, as I'm not forseeing many situations where people who are able to farm them right now will have any use for blues after HoW anyway.

I suspect my vault and inventories will be full by the end of the night. :rotate:

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Did VoG with some classy folks from here. Got two Fatebrigers at once and then the Corrective Measure I needed. I officially have all the Vault guns I need now.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, when burning commendations for reputation the Nightfall buff works.

So... are rep packages broken? I leveled up New Monarchy and got a strange coin and a commendation.

No, sounds about right. They'll get you other stuff come Tuesday.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So Euro Trash's VoG run was going quite well, except for accidentally skipping the Templar fight because of checkpointing issues.

Then PSN decided to completely break down mid-Atheon.

Hopefully that gets fixed in time for tomorrow. I still need to buy those 30 exotic shards from Xur.
    Radiation wrote: »

One of us. One of us. One of us.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    I figured crucible commendation would do crucible tank not vanguard.

just ranked up

oops

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the euro trash gang for taking me almost through my first raid. Gotta say, that jumping part in VoG can eat a dick.

caligynefob on
    PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Thanks for the euro trash gang for taking me almost through my first raid. Gotta say, that jumping part in VoG can eat a dick.

I tried for 20 mins on my one runthough, and eventuually gave up, and just joined the group at the next stage.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Sorry for bailing on the PVP group - looks like the UK PSN has shit the bed. Hope you get some phat lotz !

Nice to play with you all.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Huh, I can log in again.

• Options

just ranked up

oops

That sounds like a bug, or you mistook which commendation was which.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Did VoG with some classy folks from here. Got two Fatebrigers at once and then the Corrective Measure I needed. I officially have all the Vault guns I need now.

That was a fun run. And I actually got some armor for a change!

...still no timepiece grumble grumble...

• Options
    Uggghh I want Fatebringer so bad

Two more chances this week

Depending on how things shake out for me at home on Tuesday, I might try to get some VoG runs in before the xpac goes live at what, 1 pm est?

• Options

just ranked up

oops

That sounds like a bug, or you mistook which commendation was which.

er it gave me dead orbit but it was definitely a crucible commendation

I'm wearing a dead orbit cloak

• Options
    Oh, faction stuff overrides all else.

• Options
    Oh, faction stuff overrides all else.

ah

crap

• Options
    phone app borked for anyone else?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    M-Vickers wrote: »

I tried for 20 mins on my one runthough, and eventuually gave up, and just joined the group at the next stage.

You guys are literally doing it wrong. Follow the wall two platforms down (jump down twice on SOLID platforms). Wait for the nearest phasing platform below you to phase in. Jump IMMEDIATELY when you see it phase in. Break your fall with a second jump before hitting it. Run and jump to the platform in front of and slightly below you. Jump to the solid edge. THAT'S IT.

Edit: Before someone suggests a Super to get across, realize that tips like that are what cause the silly perception that this is a section that is at all dangerous or tricky when it's REALLY not.

Hell, if someone has that checkpoint on One, I'll make a video..

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I can't even sign onto PSN tonight. Looks like it's Lizard Squad again. Fuck those guys.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika