As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] This Thread is Olde, Use The New One

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Will that slot always be available for purchase?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The splinter thing? I imagine yes its just a new one time splinter purchase.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Big things, teleports are now faster for just about everyone. Oh, and extra team-up tokens now can be traded in for ultimate upgrades rather then a unique. Combo heroes no longer lose points on whiffing.

• Options
    Sweet I can turn in that doom token for an ult upgrade!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Big things, teleports are now faster for just about everyone. Oh, and extra team-up tokens now can be traded in for ultimate upgrades rather then a unique. Combo heroes no longer lose points on whiffing.

Nice! That is a very nice change.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Will that slot always be available for purchase?

It's on Adam Warlock and seems to be a permanent thing.

Oh and Stash 2.0 is pretty big. Should have added that to the highlights.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    So my tally from the scroll: Cyclops (not a dupe yay!), Captain America Winter Soldier costume, level 80 cosmic control rod, Helm of Doom, Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, and an ultimate upgrade token. A real nice haul.

• Options
    Wow that is a great haul.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man, war machine is only launching with five uniques, that seems kinda limited

also is cable funtimes now? A lot of his new animations look pretty neat and his ultimate seems fun

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    man, war machine is only launching with five uniques, that seems kinda limited

also is cable funtimes now? A lot of his new animations look pretty neat and his ultimate seems fun

With my limited time with him on the TC he seemed to go from bottom to upper mid tier. They kept the feel of his old build in his ranged and his melee seemed like it could work ok. I think with proper gear, omegas and the like he will hit hard enough. I didnt test his squishy factor though.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'm probably gonna get him anyway, just to get in on that tasty synergy

it'd be nice if he were also fun to play though

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm probably gonna get him anyway, just to get in on that tasty synergy

it'd be nice if he were also fun to play though

I thought he was fun to play before. Just low-ish dmg (not as bad after the band aide patch). The new stuff they added seemed a nice visual update but keeping with what he had before. I am looking forward to it. He was one of my favorites back in 90 Xmen.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Not really feeling WM, feels a bit clunky and something is off with heat mechanic. Could partially be bad build/gearing, but will probably wait for inevitable tuning patches to play him some more.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I'm not familiar with Surfer's powers, so could someone please explain to me the rotation used in this build?

• Options
    I got war machine to 60 last night, he seems pretty good. I haven't quite settled on a ranged build but his gameplay smoothed out once I got some cost reduction going.

Some of his animations do seem weird though; it's like there's a hitch at the end of some of them.

I also felt like heat built too slowly when not using his heat-increasing passive

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    That is his strongest build but honestly its boring as hell to play. Basic rotation is Subspace, Deconstruct, Reconstruct, Singularity, EMF until your dots wear off and repeat.

I use Particle Burst instead of EMF and work in Repulse its a lot more fun. Repulse is movement power so triggers his Power Unconquered passive. I drop reconstruct down to 1 point and max Repulse. Switch Particle for EMF and everything else is pretty much the same.

Also, they are about to NERF EMF yet again so be ready for it.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    I know if you buy a costume or character a day before a sale, they'll refund you the difference, but what about Gs? I had purchased the $50 bundle the day before the sale.

Would they give me the difference in Gs, or am I just out of luck?

Also, got WM to 60 and got the battle damaged Spidey costume for killing cosmic Kingpin on everyone. Good stuff.

• Options
    I know if you buy a costume or character a day before a sale, they'll refund you the difference, but what about Gs? I had purchased the $50 bundle the day before the sale.

Would they give me the difference in Gs, or am I just out of luck?

Also, got WM to 60 and got the battle damaged Spidey costume for killing cosmic Kingpin on everyone. Good stuff.

Yes, submit a ticket. Their policy is that up to seven days before is covered.

• Options
    Warmachine could be fun, but compared to how fast Tony is as far as shoot and scoot warmachine seems way more stand in place. Only got him to 30 so I'll have to see how that opens up later.

Carnage bleh, his voicework is awful and I never really liked carnage (I bought the team up pack for rescue, sam Wilson and spider gwen mostly), I'm leveling him for the someday team up synchs, but after I'm done he'll sit on the shelf unless there is some cheevo for spiderman or venom later for using his annoying ass.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with Surfer's powers, so could someone please explain to me the rotation used in this build?

lay down subspace rift, lay down signature, keep those up. Use deconstruct/reconstruct as often as you can to maintain resources (their cooldowns are weird), and then spam EMF. I think you only use singularity to AOE or when you need more power cosmic

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I tried War Machine and I wasn't really enjoying him.

Nu-Cable is pretty alright though. That's a character I could enjoy if I ever started to play again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I liked playing cables melee build with psimitar, don't have any gear or anything on him, but its an interesting all melee mental damage thingy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I liked playing cables melee build with psimitar, don't have any gear or anything on him, but its an interesting all melee mental damage thingy.

How does it compare with Psylocke?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    So I bought 36 of the new cards then 10 more after. I got super lucky in terms of opening up cards but I didnt get the damn team up! :( I do like the new Ms Marvel costume though... but perhaps not that much.

Pic for proofs :)
    N0Bofe0.jpg

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

How does it compare with Psylocke?

Never played her no idea!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I got three Spider-Woman Agent of SHIELD tokens. No costumes. :(

• Options
    I got three Spider-Woman Agent of SHIELD tokens. No costumes. :(

Hey, at least those can be turned into ultimate upgrade tokens now rather then a unique.

• Options
    How much does the freebie stash cost anyway? 400?

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    How much does the freebie stash cost anyway? 400?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Got War Machine up to 40

Tried both Melee and Ranged

Not a fan of how melee feels (Needing to flamethrower your way to overheat, overheat doesn't last all that long)

Ranged would be better if Total War locked onto the target, but because it doesn't it becomes incredibly difficult to fight while dodging attacks.

Total War not locking on is a big enough flaw that I don't actually enjoy playing him, so I'll probably get him to 50 and then park him.

• Options
    I'm waiting for that 47 missile WM gets before I make a final judgement, but I'm around the same level and he's just not hitting for me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I don't even think I'd be able to fit Hammer of War into my build, or at least I won't be able to max it out.

If you max out Built for War, you kind of have to choose between Clear the Room and Hammer of War. And with Clear the Room's shorter cooldown, wider range, and guaranteed damage application insofar as it doesn't depend on a DoT hotspot, Hammer of War kind of gets the boot.

EDIT: In a perfect world where Spitfire wasn't so slow to activate and easy to miss with, I'd be going with something like this

Maddoc on
  • Options
    in his ranged build you basically pick two of plasma cannon, suppression fire, clear the room and hammer of war. Clear the room seems pretty good, so really one of the other three.

I've been playing with maxed hammer of war and clear the room, but putting the hammer of war points in plasma cannon might be better dps

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    His melee build has an activator for max heat so you can double up on the big hit.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    His melee build has an activator for max heat so you can double up on the big hit.

I'll have to try this after work, but the description states that it locks out machine gun powers for 5s, meaning you'd have to figure out a real laborious rotation where you pop that, use Spit Fire, and then have enough stuff to use for the next 4s so that you're not just standing there.

Edit: Also after looking at it some more, I'm pretty sure the only way to get decent damage out of his ranged build is to use In Case of War to pump out huge Spit Fires as often as possible.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

I'll have to try this after work, but the description states that it locks out machine gun powers for 5s, meaning you'd have to figure out a real laborious rotation where you pop that, use Spit Fire, and then have enough stuff to use for the next 4s so that you're not just standing there.

Edit: Also after looking at it some more, I'm pretty sure the only way to get decent damage out of his ranged build is to use In Case of War to pump out huge Spit Fires as often as possible.

For ranged I think I have to take something like bring the heat to get better heat generation. Because all of the heat generation within Awe is pretty slow. Which is nice I guess but to proc that first spit fire it is not. Spit fire btw is not tagged Machine Gun so you can use Shock Trooper to double up on it for the melee build.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Maddoc wrote: »

For ranged I think I have to take something like bring the heat to get better heat generation. Because all of the heat generation within Awe is pretty slow. Which is nice I guess but to proc that first spit fire it is not. Spit fire btw is not tagged Machine Gun so you can use Shock Trooper to double up on it for the melee build.

Bring the Heat is fucking terrible

It's the main reason I hate his melee build.

In Case of War is enough to allow you to use Spit Fire every 8 seconds, which is right around where you want it to be. You start with Clear the Room + Plasma, then use Total War until you overheat, Spit Fire, and then Clear the Room + Plasma again. Using Army of One whenever it's off cooldown.

Now, the reason you don't use Shock Trooper is because even after you dump the heat with Spit Fire, it still locks you out of Machine Gun powers for the full 5s. So you Shock Trooper, Spitfire, and you can't use Total War for another ~4 seconds. You could potentially use it when you have Plasma, Clear the Room, and Army of One ready so that you could use that 4 seconds productively, but it makes the rotation really fiddly and I'm not sure I care enough to squeeze in one more Spit Fire every once in awhile.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    MH panel will be streamed on the pax2 channel on Twitch at 3pm PDT.

• Options

This discussion has been closed.