As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Thread of a Series of a Song of Ice & Fire & Spoilers & Deviations

1424344454648»

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Don't care, don't care, this is mainly in people's head not the story she's still 100% under Littlefigners power, Jamie is a child killing asshat, don't care, That plot also went nowhere, This they should have kept, Barristan WAS a good fighter on the show, they messed the Unsullied up yep, Tyrion is fine.

Stannis was fine.

The North hasn't remembered yet possibly.

Tyrion sucks in this part of the book, much better in the show (theoretically, it was OK so far).

Who cares about the Thenns.

She had a large ass and was hot. What is the problem here image person.

Loras is dumb in the books too, so...

Again, when did this happen. Sansa isn't free of anything. She's under Littlefinger's control.

Tree hobo seems accurate to me.

So like 3 hits in all of that for me.

Talisa was more than just hot, foreign and had a large ass.

She was one of the few ways that the show has explored one of the themes of the books - that the game of thrones above all else, sucks for the common people. And the armies are basically peasant conscripts so any victory is a great injustice no matter which side won.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yes, I was just being pithy there.

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Littlefinger turning Sansa over to the Boltons made zero goddamn sense

she's in love with her and he knowingly turns her over to a psychotic madman. and she's not under his thumb anymore. He just threw away his most valuable ace in the whole to a family of evil fuckwits. and what does he gain? zilch

Please recall that the show runners have stated that little finger does NOT know that Ramsay is a psycho

Yeah, yeah.

Seems like only Roose, Sansa, and Theon know. Somehow.

And Katniss archer chick who apparently loves the rough stuff. But, she won't tattle.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    There was a lot more to Robb's wife than having a big ass and being hot. And frankly, the story from the books was so obviously a Lannister plant idk how people prefer that.

???

I don't think it was at all obvious.

Especially considering in the end the girl isn't even in on it.

I should think it obvious that a pawn in this world-or any other-neednt' be in on it for a plot to be had.

That was my impression as I read through. At least Talisa had some amount of agency about herself and was a whole person, not just the victim of Robb's eddardian psychoses.

Yeah but I don't see why it's obvious she's a pawn.

she was a vassal of tywin and her mom sent her to "care for all of robb's needs" while he was wounded knowing her daughter was a smoking hotty and robb was a 15 year old hot guy who was also a warg and a king and the mom had seen a few CW shows in her time so she knew where it was going

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    There was a lot more to Robb's wife than having a big ass and being hot. And frankly, the story from the books was so obviously a Lannister plant idk how people prefer that.

???

I should think it obvious that a pawn in this world-or any other-neednt' be in on it for a plot to be had.

That was my impression as I read through. At least Talisa had some amount of agency about herself and was a whole person, not just the victim of Robb's eddardian psychoses.

she was a vassal of tywin and her mom sent her to "care for all of robb's needs" while he was wounded knowing her daughter was a smoking hotty and robb was a 15 year old hot guy who was also a warg and a king and the mom had seen a few CW shows in her time so she knew where it was going

Well it would be obvious to any cynical bastard and to the people planning it, but it wouldn't be obvious to Robb.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »

???

Well it would be obvious to any cynical bastard and to the people planning it, but it wouldn't be obvious to Robb.

Yea, GRRM kinda gets a pass because we don't see it go down but you'd think somebody would be around who would be like "Woa, Robb, woa" but I can't say who that would be that was with him.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.