As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Witcher Thread Contains Trolls.

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited June 2015 in Social Entropy++
WeedLordVegeta on

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Im in love with this thread hullis

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    1ymNTcQ.jpg

That' fair

My OP would have been about Yennefer

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Also I guess the witcher 3 is pretty OK too

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    God above

• Options
    this is the closest we will ever have to an anime thread

• Options
    I posit that nothing is more anime than Geralt of Rivia

• Options
    I know it's a small thing, and kind of a stupid thing

But I've had a strong affection for CD Projekt's release trailers for al ong time; they do good jobs of selling the game, in principle

The Witcher 2's launch trailer, Hope, was my favorite for a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIE_oNJy8Lk

But the launch trailer for Witcher 3, Go Your Way, is really special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBoCRYX6Vq0

I especially like how it establishes who Geralt's family is, as quickly and as firmly as it's possible to do so. The intimacy between him and Yen, the shot with him and Ciri as a girl, it's all such good stuff

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    In before lock.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I dunno about release trailers

But the Witcher 2's opening cinematic is maybe my favorite ever in video games

• Options
    That was added in in the Enhanced Edition but yeah it's one of the best openings in anything

I don't know if I've ever seen a villain established that quickly as someone you don't screw with, in spite of whatever limitations his body might or might not impose

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Decided to look up what games CDPR have made.

So let's see here:

The Witcher, a cult-hit computer RPG, 2007
    The Witcher 2, a nearly mainstream RPG hit that made it into X360, 2011
    The Witcher 3, a slamdunk videogame simultaneously launched on all current gen systems with a 10/10 by gamespot, 2015

at this rate 2019 should be a really good year

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So I think the PS4 patch last night may have fixed the XP bug. I've noticed that I'm getting XP much more often now.

• Options
    I can't wait to see what adventures Geralt-san gets into tonight

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I killed a red skull wyvern earlier by knocking out of the sky into a tight copse of trees and stun-locking it with near-non stop quick attack blows and igni, circling it to keep it turning where it couldn't attack or fly off because, well, stuck in a bunch of trees.

Sure, I abused the game mechanics, but at the same time, felt like a very witcher thing to do, using terrain to take down a dangerous monster.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So I think the PS4 patch last night may have fixed the XP bug. I've noticed that I'm getting XP much more often now.

It also appears you get XP for quests you have outleveled. I got 5 XP for a grey quest today.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Team Redania's blasting off agaaaaaain

• Options
    Triss' clothes is basically my favorite color palette and I'm weak vs redheads.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

graham

graham are you ok

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

graham

graham are you ok

Nyoro~n

• Options
    oh christ we've lost him

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    >ω<

• Options
    Side note:

Holy crap they weren't kidding about the movement change

this is insanely better

• Options
    Also that was really weird

Letho spoilers:
    Letho was encountering the people who paid his friend off and mid cutscene the screen cut to black and loaded... back into the same scene? twice?

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Child of the Elder Blood
    Yennifer's contribution..pfhahahaha

<3

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Did they tweak it in the PC patch?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Also that was really weird

Letho spoilers:
    Letho was encountering the people who paid his friend off and mid cutscene the screen cut to black and loaded... back into the same scene? twice?

that happens sometimes if you start a conversation like, too soon after you moved into an area or fast travelled, it's loading the animations and textures and stuff.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Child of the Elder Blood
    Yennifer's contribution..pfhahahaha

<3

Child of the Elder Blood
    Everything about this quest is stellar

Ciri's getting all indignant at her mom and dad questioning the motives of someone she considers a friend

The repeated knowing looks Geralt and Yen give each other

The gleeful abandon of wrecking up the place, and the simultaneous restraint and childishness of defacing Avallac'h's portrait

The game staying this good this consistently is almost sort of worrying

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Child of the Elder Blood
    So, those drawngs that Avallac'h had of Ciri.

I'm kinda thinking they weren't of Ciri, but of Lara Dorren, whom he was apparently supposed to marry at some point in time (according the wiki)

Makes his obsession with the elder blood make more sense, too

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options

graham

graham are you ok

tumblr_nl9ys3D2Jp1s21c3eo1_500.jpg

• Options
    JOHN CENA WOULD NEVER SAY THAT

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    Child of the Elder Blood

I'm kinda thinking they weren't of Ciri, but of Lara Dorren, whom he was apparently supposed to marry at some point in time (according the wiki)

Endgame
    Also, he makes a comment about Ciri's fiery personality to Geralt, and how it must be from the Elder Blood (ie from Lara Dorren), implying how she reminds him of Lara

Man I love these little touches! They make Avallac'h's character make so much more sense

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The wind blows through the open window, carrying the final screaming meow of Grey Ghost as he falls into the abyss below. Glass tinkles on the floor as A Steak turns, hands wet with the viscera spilled in dealing with geth. He steps over the place where AtomicTofu had been, the spot of the banning only marked by imitation pokeballs. There is something in his eyes that is impossible to place, a distant thing not entirely human in its detachment. There is the air of work about him, a task apart from morality, rooted only in necessity.

Hullis is on the floor, scrambles backward.

"What. What are you doing?"

A Steak reaches down, grabs them by the collar.

"Banning anime."

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Silver for Monsters, Steel for Humans, Card Protectors for my siiiick Gwent Deck

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I just fast traveled and when I got there 5 dead harpies fell out of the sky and I got like 20 XP

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I took apart the wolf medallion keychain some time ago and I've been wearing it as a necklace for the last few days

Oddly enough, nobody has remarked about this angry-ass wolf pendant at work yet

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Finished the prologue, and so far i'm not completely annoyed by Geralt. He's still pretty nothing, but the voice actor really toned down the gravel for this game.

No idea what any of the Witcher 2 choices the general asked me meant, so I just picked what sounded good based on 2 minutes of wiki reading.
    Let Aryan live
    Roche
    Anais
    Saved Sile
    Killed Letho

I assume one of those means i'll have to watch a town burn down while the inhabitants curse my name.

Aistan on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Child of the Elder Blood

Endgame
    Also, he makes a comment about Ciri's fiery personality to Geralt, and how it must be from the Elder Blood (ie from Lara Dorren), implying how she reminds him of Lara

Man I love these little touches! They make Avallac'h's character make so much more sense

Also:
    Don't forget Creepy Elf's Velen abode was actually a shrine to Lara where he was trying to use the magic lamp to communicate with her blood (presumably taken from Ciri).

Frankly, surprised he didn't turned out to be the final boss. Even his hairline screams "deceptive asshole out to rule the multiverse".

• Options
    I just fast traveled and when I got there 5 dead harpies fell out of the sky and I got like 20 XP

Yesterday I killed a horde of drowners and ran a little bit past them

when I turned around they were all standing up walking around

they realized I saw them and all layed gingerly back down and resumed being 'dead'

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

they realized I saw them and all layed gingerly back down and resumed being 'dead'

The Geralt of Rivia Show

• Options

What is dead may never die.

This discussion has been closed.