As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    When you look at each piece inside the outfit designer, it has a slot for a dye pack on it. So yeah, anything can be dyed there, it's cool.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I guess it just never occurred to me to even attempt to shift+right click the costume items. I assumed that could only be done to actual gear pieces.

• Options
    Heh, I've never tried using the legacy powers you get from completing class stories that are only usable while you're using Heroic Moment. Partly because I just don't use Heroic Moment that often, and partly because of quickbar real estate.

Well tonight I stuck them all on a bar and on my 20-something JK and fought three champion bosses over the course of an evenings play, and each time I popped HM first thing and opened with Legacy Orbital Strike, followed with Legacy Lightning Storm, when those were cooking I ran in for the Legacy Nut Kick, and finished off with Legacy Project - those are all the ones I have currently.

By the time I did all that and started my normal attacks the champions were at about 1/3 health and my health was full. Totally ridiculous and I will be doing this on all characters now when soloing bosses.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Heh, I've never tried using the legacy powers you get from completing class stories that are only usable while you're using Heroic Moment. Partly because I just don't use Heroic Moment that often, and partly because of quickbar real estate.

Well tonight I stuck them all on a bar and on my 20-something JK and fought three champion bosses over the course of an evenings play, and each time I popped HM first thing and opened with Legacy Orbital Strike, followed with Legacy Lightning Storm, when those were cooking I ran in for the Legacy Nut Kick, and finished off with Legacy Project - those are all the ones I have currently.

By the time I did all that and started my normal attacks the champions were at about 1/3 health and my health was full. Totally ridiculous and I will be doing this on all characters now when soloing bosses.

Yep, legacy skills rock. Legacy orbital strike wasn't nerfed when regular orbital strike was, it's pretty dang powerful.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    That Drifter chest in the new pack is super hawt

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Wait. The legacy powers don't share a cooldown? HOW HAVE I NEVER NOTICED THIS?!!!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aww, some of the stuff I want needs rep from that faction you need to buy Cartel stuff to get rep with.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Aww, some of the stuff I want needs rep from that faction you need to buy Cartel stuff to get rep with.

And that is how they getcha.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

They said they would-be raising the price of the cartel slot machines as they started to give out rep tokens for more cartel factions.
    Then they raised the price by 50%.
    They still only give out rep tokens for that one faction that I maxed out back when the slot machine was released.
    Contrary to what people claim.

So yeah... That's how they get you to open cartel packs.

• Options
    They should have done more stuff with Lord Praven, and people who made dumb choices and killed him just miss out, because that's what happens when you make deliberately poor choices.

• Options
    It seriously annoys me that enemies can interrupt instant abilities and put them on cooldown. I can't tell you how many times I've had smash interrupted. It's an instant... it's really not supposed to be interruptable!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Tried doing this on a Cartel Boss on my 20-something BH. Did not go so well...

• Options
    edited June 2015
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Tried doing this on a Cartel Boss on my 20-something BH. Did not go so well...

Ouch, yeah these were just normal champions I'm talking about. Legacy Orbital Strike is incredible, and Legacy Project eats a huge chunk of health. I'm looking forward to getting Legacy Sticky Grenade and Force Sweep to complete my every 15 minute domination.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Which dark side options do you always take even when playing a primarily goody-goody character, and what LS decisions do you make even when doing your best to be a puppy kicker?

Some ones that come to mind for me:

dark stuff:
    I always chuck that flesh raider jedi-wannabee on Tython off the cliff
    I always expose the senator collaborating with the Empire on Coruscant and tell that little senate page to go get stuffed
    I always force the camera man who joined the separatists on Ord Mantell to give me his holodisks
    I always opt to push for Rakghoul eradication on Taris when it's discovered they linger around the bones of their dead relatives
    I always opt to use the satellite system to cover the Republic assault on Balmorra rather than betray orders to rescue the "Hawkeyes" squad
    I always take every opportunity to use the shock collar on Alderaanian nobles (Imperial side)

As far as light stuff goes it's hard for me to pick out any specific ones that I always go with, because I primarily play LS characters so it's almost my default. The DS stuff sticks out more because typically they are not my choice. However, on Tatooine in the planetary story there's one part where it's like "bully a jawa or take literally 1 minute to go click three glowies that are right nearby instead" and I always go LS on that one because even when I'm playing a bad guy I don't commit acts that are obviously beneath me.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I always kill Thana.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I always kill Thana.

I never kill Thana... so that would be another always LS for me.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    On Dromund Kaas, I always use the instantly-lethal dose of poison on the rebelling slaves.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Have you seen Thana's track record? Why waste time killing her when she'll obviously fall down a pit somewhere or be jumped by Rakghouls or something?

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    On Dromund Kaas, I always use the instantly-lethal dose of poison on the rebelling slaves.

I typically do as well, but my SW used the slow acting poison because he used to be a bad person (he got better).

• Options
    So, question: is Elara's romance worth the male Trooper voice? I find him utterly bland and uninteresting, but I want to bring a crafter up to snuff and I'm never going to see that romance if I stick with Major Shepard, the Butcher of Torfan for a second playthrough.

• Options
    Also, all this talk of buttflaps now has me reading the BT-7 Thunderclap as the BT-7 Buttflap.

Given how ugly that ship is, I think it fits.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    So, question: is Elara's romance worth the male Trooper voice? I find him utterly bland and uninteresting, but I want to bring a crafter up to snuff and I'm never going to see that romance if I stick with Major Shepard, the Butcher of Torfan for a second playthrough.

It does have the slight merit that she's the only romance option for dudes that's anywhere near as creepy a few of the romances for women.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

It does have the slight merit that she's the only romance option for dudes that's anywhere near as creepy a few of the romances for women.

That's...not exactly a ringing endorsement.

• Options
    "For the record, you kiss like most people punch." Femtrooper is a badass in everything she does ladies and gentlemen.

• Options
    Darkside choices: I can't really imagine going more than the most token lightside with Inquisitor or Bounty Hunter. Bioware goes out of its way to reward you for going DS with them. I planned on doing a second BH run lightside, but it's just so satisfying to be cartoonishly evil and kill almost everyone.

I can't really remember most of the planetary quests since it's been so long since I completed them, so instead let's talk flashpoints.

Disable the engineers or suck them out the airlock on Hammer Station? Airlock. Every time. Always nuke the Imperial Fleet on Cademimu. Casting Magic Missile at the moon is just dumb.

Always rescue the prisoners on when attacking Korriban.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Airlock one was so easy. WWJD? (What Would Javik Do?)

• Options
    The Advozse Hegemony are a bunch of primitives, it is true.

• Options
    I don't do a lot of FP stuff but God I've run so much Eselles and BT.

Airlocking the engineers in Eselles is such a douche move, I hate it when people do that. Ditching Asara on the Imp ship is so uncomfortable it makes me physically squirm.

I prefer to leave the Captain alive in BT mostly due to metagame reasons (killing him results in the entire crew dying, and I know it, and they don't deserve it, so I hate it). I don't care what people do to the defector, like at all. His fate is sealed either way.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I always force the camera man who joined the separatists on Ord Mantell to give me his holodisks

This one in particular is why I feel that dark/light side can get really silly and the Mass Effect style of paragon/renegade fits way better. There are just too many "help little old lady cross the road/steal candy from a baby" choices.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Darkside Choices:

Flashpoint Colicoid Wargame: My Smuggler always shoots first.

For the rest he/she are mostly LS.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So I discovered something about the Seeker droid quests: you know those growths on the ground? Yeah, the Seeds will always be found there. Never search open ground (for Seeds, anyway); you're just wasting your time.

This may have been common knowledge. If so, point and laugh at me as necessary.

EDIT: I mean, when you're not searching for stuff like the various mount parts you can get, the missions almost always involve you dropping the seeker on a specific thing--the fossilized eggs on Tatooine or the piles of wreckage on Rishi. So I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out.

Anyway, doing this cut my time down to like 5 minutes on each planet.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Other than when you're searching for random stuff, I think that's true.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So re-subscribed.. yet again. How does this 12x XP work. Just do story missions and let the levels pour in? Will my companion and I be undergeared?

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Yeah, you're subscribed so you'll get 12x XP. It should keep you right in line with the levels for the mission. Gear isn't an issue, the class quests that give basic coms now give 12 instead of 2, and you really only need to gear every two to three worlds for 1-50, which gives you more than enough coms to fully outfit yourself and companion.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Yeah, you're subscribed so you'll get 12x XP. It should keep you right in line with the levels for the mission. Gear isn't an issue, the class quests that give basic coms now give 12 instead of 2, and you really only need to gear every two to three worlds for 1-50, which gives you more than enough coms to fully outfit yourself and companion.

Nice, sounds good! Will be pretty sweet not having to do shit quests on planets I hate.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to next month when I can get back into this. Having to do the lame standard MMO quests was my biggest issue.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I'm getting into this with a friend and his brother. I believe they are playing Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor respectively. I am going agent as I have been watching a lot of Agents of SHIELD and it's the closest I can get to being a 40k inquisitor.

Is there anything I should know about in general? Is cover a hindrance because it seems like every other class can just walk up to you and fight just fine, even fellow shootbang classes like Bounty Hunter/Commando.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    If you don't like cover and you want to play an Agent, pick the Operative advanced class, they basically don't use it. Instead you get stealth and a load of close quarters abilites, most of which involve knives or poison. Also healing which is quite useful in all situations.

On the other hand, I think the Sniper variant has a number of ways to keep enemies at a distance, but I've not played one (or a Gunslinger for that matter). So if you do find you enjoy cover in the pre level 10 experience you should be fine whatever.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Depends on what advanced class you're playing. If you're playing an operative, ignore cover entirely because you're going to be running around stabbing lots of dudes in the back. If you're going sniper, it becomes more useful but isn't required anymore thanks to the changes made in 3.0 allowing your attacks to be used outside of cover.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    If you don't like cover and you want to play an Agent, pick the Operative advanced class, they basically don't use it. Instead you get stealth and a load of close quarters abilites, most of which involve knives or poison. Also healing which is quite useful in all situations.

On the other hand, I think the Sniper variant has a number of ways to keep enemies at a distance, but I've not played one (or a Gunslinger for that matter). So if you do find you enjoy cover in the pre level 10 experience you should be fine whatever.

90% of Sniper skills don't require cover anymore, only the AOEs do now. I personally think ranged classes are funner to play. A lot of new people don't realize that operative is melee, because the class carries a rifle.

Cambiata on
This discussion has been closed.