Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Succession

2»

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Didn't you get the memo? Pointlessly hating things is the new global pastime.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Redthirst wrote: »
    I'm not sure I fully understand the first panel. Kids want to see youtube guy, but what does it have to do with Gabe running PAX? Do they want him to invite that youtube guy there or what?

It's more that his son's friends, but more importantly his son, want to go to PAX to see someone besides him.

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    All I know is that Markiplier is one of the kindest, most caring and inspiring people on Youtube. The dude loves his audience to pieces and is an very compassionate person. I think he's worth all ten million+ subscribers, to be honest.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Who the fuck is Markiplier?
    If you were at the PAX South Make a Strip

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Another comic strip at the Penny Arcade Retirement Home for Bitter Seniors

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm still blown away when I hear how much time kids are spending on youtube these days. This is what it is to be old, to realize you didn't even come close to predicting what thing would be interesting to the next round of younglings.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »
    Didn't you get the memo? Pointlessly hating things is the new global first pastime.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm still blown away when I hear how much time kids are spending on youtube these days. This is what it is to be old, to realize you didn't even come close to predicting what thing would be interesting to the next round of younglings.
    I don't know. It doesn't seem any different than the steady diet of merch cartoons and afternoon TV shows that I consumed religiously as a kid. They probably will forget about it, then be painfully nostalgic about it in 20 years. If the Earth is still habitable by humans by then, anyway.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I don't know. It doesn't seem any different than the steady diet of merch cartoons and afternoon TV shows that I consumed religiously as a kid. They probably will forget about it, then be painfully nostalgic about it in 20 years. If the Earth is still habitable by humans by then, anyway.
    Oh god. Youtuber reboots. I don't even know how to handle the thought.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I prefer the original PewDiePie before they screwed up the canon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Redthirst wrote: »
    I'm not sure I fully understand the first panel. Kids want to see youtube guy, but what does it have to do with Gabe running PAX? Do they want him to invite that youtube guy there or what?

It's more that his son's friends, but more importantly his son, want to go to PAX to see someone besides him.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Who the fuck is Markiplier?
    If you were at the PAX South Make a Strip
    Yeah, this comic feels like an extension of that story.
    For those who weren't there they were pretty bemused about their autograph line being completely dwarfed by Markiplier's, and they (claimed they) didn't even know who he was.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Michael Bay presents: The Comments Section

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]