As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear: 4

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    RAY
    important question though

is there any way to get steam to go through a new zealand proxy

That's what I did on Origin to access Dragon Age: Inquisition early.

So it should be possible on Steam, too.

EDIT: Ooooor maybe that's not a good idea. Steam apparently doesn't want you to use proxy servers, and is in their rights to ban your account if you do.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    RAY
    well now i'm just a sourpuss because i was looking forward to getting it a day early

and now i'm right back to having to figure out how to get enough sleep monday afternoon that i can play it all night and still walk into work first thing in the morning

and the answer is pretty much that that's impossible and i'm gonna get to play it for maybe an hour and spend all day at work boring a hole through the clock with my eyes

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    RAY
    well now i'm just a sourpuss because i was looking forward to getting it a day early

and now i'm right back to having to figure out how to get enough sleep monday afternoon that i can play it all night and still walk into work first thing in the morning

and the answer is pretty much that that's impossible and i'm gonna get to play it for maybe an hour and spend all day at work boring a hole through the clock with my eyes

I'll be in the same boat.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    The way I see it is

I just need to get through the intro to the Afghanistan stuff

That is pretty much all that can be spoiled for me on day 1 since it apparently goes deep on open-world missions with hardly any story and doesn't let up for a long time

And I have nothing to do all day Wednesday so I am just going to indulge myself

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    monday's also the only day next week i have the house to myself

so it would've been the only day i could play withotu the constant possibility of having random errands dumped on me or impromptu computer help needed

it was kind of perfect and i was really excited that I was gonna get a whole day to dig the fuck into the game instead of having to cram it into the tiny little empty spaces of the rest of the week

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    EXCELSUS
    aw yis, my gamestop's doing midnight release

gonna play this shit all night

• Options
    RAY
    i am both legitimately angry and incredibly aware of how petulent it is to be angry about this

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Eh, man, with the amount that you like Metal Gear I'd say it's understandable, at least.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    RAY
    i am both legitimately angry and incredibly aware of how petulent it is to be angry about this

I got made fun of by a friend for being frustrated as to whether I would play at one point or like 16 hours later, and I'm like "Oh, I know, I'm a fucking manchild, but have you seen that TRAILER"

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    everyone has something they love enough that they want it hooked directly into their veins, it's ok

like heroin!

• Options
    RAY
    mostly because that means there's gonna be a solid 17 hours where the internet gets even more spoiler-saturated than it is now

and considering that i've already seen a few tiny bits and pieces that i wish i hadn't that's gonna really suck

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    important question though

is there any way to get steam to go through a new zealand proxy

That's what I did on Origin to access Dragon Age: Inquisition early.

So it should be possible on Steam, too.

EDIT: Ooooor maybe that's not a good idea. Steam apparently doesn't want you to use proxy servers, and is in their rights to ban your account if you do.

iirc they only really seem to enforce that if you're using proxies to buy stuff at low prices from russia or something

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    RAY
    I proxied a few times on Origin, but wouldn't fuck with it on Steam. Too much invested.

• Options
    RAY
    i do love that that other konami jackoff was getting snippy with people for being confused when he was spreading blatant misinformation

• Options
    RAY
    bughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's like my patience was a pitcher of water

and when I found out i only had to wait 2 days instead of three i instantly dumped out a third of the pitcher

and now i'm realizing that I have to spread 2 days worth of patience over 3 days

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i'm gonna use the time to work on putting together an 80s playlist

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Vice City soundtrack

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Don't worry about it. I'd get this way about Lost or Breaking Bad. It's normal.

No I don't.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am currently holding a copy of Metal Gear Solid V in my hands

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    REX
    what does it taste like

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    what does it taste like
    Venom

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    RAY
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am currently holding a copy of Metal Gear Solid V in my hands

stomach-punch.jpg

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Also a copy of Mad Max!

Hopefully it is good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    EXCELSUS
    where'd you get them jawns so early?

• Options
    RAY
    where'd you get them jawns so early?

follow-up question why didn't you ask me to send you the money to buy me a copy and overnight it to me

• Options
    EXCELSUS
    yeah that too

• Options
    Ladyfriend works at the video rental place I used to work at and can rent things the weekend before they release

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    REX
    I tried to bribe someone into selling me the game early today.

It worked.

Then they realised that the game wasn't in stock, they just had all the launch stuff and dummy boxes but not the game yet.

It's probably for the best. I have 2 copies on the way to me and there's a good chance 1 or both will arrive tomorrow anyway, the bribe would only have gotten me one tired night of play.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    REX
    Also there's a bus stop nearby with an 8 foot poster advertising the game and I am very tempted to steal it. I mean they'll just destroy it when they replace in a week.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    RAY
    sit here bouncing my leg in frustration

google "mgs v broken street date [nearby city]"

find nothing

repeat

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    EXCELSUS
    sit here bouncing my leg in frustration

google "mgs v broken street date [nearby city]"

find nothing

repeat

It's okay.

Enjoy some stupid Metal Gear stuff in the meantime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUvKM3fXUD0

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    D
    it's not really something you can find on the internet

you just have to know your stores

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    REX
    All the independent stores I knew that would break dates are dead. The one really good independent store got big and became a chain, and now they're too big to break dates. The only place it happens are the supermarkets, as they often just dump everything onto the shelf whenever they get it. But it seems they're just not sending them the game early this time.

Apparently people that preordered with simplygames started getting the game delivered on Thursday.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    RAY
    -Tal wrote: »
    it's not really something you can find on the internet

you just have to know your stores

there's a couple mom and pop places around here i might check out tomorrow

not like i'm doing anything else with my weekend but staring at the clock and trying to will it into being tuesday

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    REX
    WHOOPS, shit

HEY nobody read too deep into Kaz's entry on the Metal Gear wiki cause they's some spoilers in them hills

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    REX
    Yeah dude the MG wikis have already been updated with MGSV info. Stay away. Not that it helps you now. :(

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    REX
    God damn it
    I'm not even mad that I read a spoiler at all, but I'm mad because I didn't like the information contained in said spoiler
    So it's just a matter of getting mad now vs. later

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    D
    supermarkets are more reliable than you'd think, since a lot of people working there just don't give a shit

but lots of games now will also come with big DO NOT SELL UNTIL THIS DATE stickers and sometimes registers will automatically reject them

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    I've noticed a regular thing at my local Target, and it is this specific

They will put out new Disney Infinity figures weeks before they're supposed to come out

And their registers won't ever let them sell them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    God damn it
    I'm not even mad that I read a spoiler at all, but I'm mad because I didn't like the information contained in said spoiler
    So it's just a matter of getting mad now vs. later

If it's the spoiler I think you're talking about then yeah, I wasn't happy either.

2w3e5cp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.