Options

Metal Gear: 4

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    REX
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    oh my god there's still 60 more hours i have to wait

someone who has it now could hypothetically beat the game before i ever get to touch it

Console yourself with the fact that I might not be able to play it until next Saturday.

I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. I win (lose).

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    They already delayed the PC version of AC Syndicate a full month

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i kinda have to wonder why the youtube channel doing the pre-release lp got that opportunity

they didn't really have a huge number of subscribers (comparatively), and honestly the guy they have doing it is just really, really non-interesting both in terms of commentary and playstyle

he actively makes the game look less exciting

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    REX
    Okay, looks like I found a good independent game store about a half hour away
    Commencing Virtual Mission

• Options
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    i kinda have to wonder why the youtube channel doing the pre-release lp got that opportunity

they didn't really have a huge number of subscribers (comparatively), and honestly the guy they have doing it is just really, really non-interesting both in terms of commentary and playstyle

You make a lot of connections when you work at IGN for 8 years

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Daypigeon wrote: »

You make a lot of connections when you work at IGN for 8 years

oh

yeah, that makes sense then

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    REX
    I would like to play this video game please

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I can't fucking deal with how good this is.

1386690095271.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    I'm not getting this game until Tuesday either.

Mostly because the only indy game store in town probably won't break street date.

But also in solidarity with speed.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay, looks like I found a good independent game store about a half hour away
    Commencing Virtual Mission

graham i swear to god if they sell it to you

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    REX
    Buy two copies and throw one in the river!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Joke Option Shagohad
    the thing i have to remember is that i am going to have this game for a long time and i will never remember this current agony

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Buy several copies and make a video like that one guy did with three PS3s

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    darth waiter you know alcohol how much should i drink to black out until monday night

What's your tolerance like?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    REX
    darth waiter you know alcohol how much should i drink to black out until monday night

What's your tolerance like?

If we're talking about other people playing MGSV while Speed stews about it: super low

Alcohol though? Shrug.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Knowing you haven't the cash to buy this thing any time in the near future is pretty freeing.

Might try the rental place in town, but I imagine whoever picks it up first will keep it for a week+, late fees be damned.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I just did my first hot extraction with the two assassination targets.

Everything was going smooth until a camera I missed caught me driving the two targets towards the shore. From there it was intense, trading gunfire as I called in Morpho and clearing the opposition right before it showed up, blaring Heavens Divide all the way in. Put the targets and the prisoners onboard, climbed in and traded gunfire with the second wave as we bugged out.

This will be the first Metal Gear where I don't feel compelled to reset because I got an alert. As hyped as I was when I was sneaky, the feeling from going in sneaky, shit going wrong because of a detail I missed, and exiting under fire just put it into overdrive.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    REX
    Finished my big playthrough of all the Metal Gear Solid games a few days ago.

Helping to run and maintain the Metal Gear Wiki for the past ten years has meant that I've played all these games over and over in the past, but it dawned on me that I actually haven't touched any of them in a couple years (except Ground Zeroes, or course). I stepped away from the MGWiki as a constant contributor just before Peace Walker came out for a ton of little reasons, so it'll be nice to play through MGSV without the thought of jotting down all the story notes to make sure the Wiki is accurate in the back of my head. I can just enjoy it for what it is instead of looking at it like I'm some kind of self-appointed chronicler of the times.

It's been really amazing revisiting these games that have meant so much to me all these years, and having all the memories of when they were brand new come flooding back to me. It's also been really interesting being here in this thread and seeing all you guys talk and react in the same way as we get closer to The Phantom Pain coming out.

We still have a few days before release though, so I think I'm going to replay Metal Gear Rising just for the hell of it!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    RAY
    Grey Ghost did you get one or not

i need to be certain that my anger and jealousy levels are as accurate as possible

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    REX
    M I S S I O N F A I L E D

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    M I S S I O N F A I L E D

GHOST

GHOST

GHOOOOOOOOOOOOST

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Is there going to be time paradox stuff in this one too

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    I refuse to believe Trump is a perfect clone of anything, much less the greatest soldier of all time

• Options
    REX
    Dude said they didn't even have copies in the store yet
    Which I kinda don't believe but nothing I can do

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Digital Foundry takes a look at the 360/PS3 versions: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-can-last-gen-consoles-handle-mgs5

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Dude said they didn't even have copies in the store yet
    Which I kinda don't believe but nothing I can do

He obviously said it to test your sneaking skills

• Options
    RAY
    i think I S-ranked Ground Zeroes so hard that I broke the game

it's frozen on the loading screen after the rank award

• Options
    Joke Option Shagohad
    i think I S-ranked Ground Zeroes so hard that I broke the game

it's frozen on the loading screen after the rank award

That's happened to me a lot lately

If you close the game and relaunch it checkpointed you at whatever the closing cutscene was

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    D
    i'm a big boss five times over i deserve this more than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm nuclear....

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    REX
    this speed's just been given plastic surgery and brainwashed into thinking he's the real speed racer as part of a plan by the patriots to see if they can make any average person a 5 time big boss level player without the time sink and expense of a cloning program

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Joke Option Shagohad
    I'm not a Speed Racer

I'm a man, with a name

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    we're not men

we're shadows, in the shape of anime

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    You should pass the time by Big Bossing Merry Gear Solid 2: Ghosts of Christmas Past

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Joke Option Shagohad
    Speed how have you not attempted to Big Boss a totally legal copy of MGS: Ghost Babel yet

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    RAY
    agoaj wrote: »
    You should pass the time by Big Bossing Merry Gear Solid 2: Ghosts of Christmas Past

i mean i have missions on GZ to s rank and i never technically did the final thing for revengeance

it's just that no matter what I'm doing the overriding feeling is "there are motherfuckers out there playing Phantom Pain and I don't get to be one of them"

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    @Speed Racer

You will need approximately 1.75 liters of Fuzzy Navels to blackout for the next 24 hours and then 3 Bloody Mary's to kill the hangover.

I have only done this once before.

Your safety is not garaunteed.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    REX
    don't actually drink yourself into a stupor please speed

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Crash a helicopter, it's basically like time travel.

You will forget how to speak a language though.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
This discussion has been closed.