As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Thesean Empire [Chat]

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Yay, I beat MGS 2. Still a masterpiece, I continue to love Kojima. I'm gonna take a break with some other games before I move to Snake Eater.

@Neco @Dark Raven X @Houn @simonwolf

One of these days I'll have to play MGS3. And then 4. And then whatever else you're supposed to play before GZ and 5.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    yessss get on the bvs hype train

so far it's me

Hype trains have only one destination: disappointmentville

Cautious optimism is the safer mode of transit.

I prefer the Cyni-cycle, because being a cynic means you either get exactly what you expected or are pleasantly surprised every time.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    3 is good
    4 i think is a good game (??) with too many cutscenes and garbo writing

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I think MGS2 is still probably my favorite, although 3 comes close.

4 is pretty meh.
    P10 wrote: »
    3 is good
    4 i think is a good game (??) with too many cutscenes and garbo writing

I didn't care that they were long, I cared that they were kinda bad.

Neco on
  • Options
    Flying is miserable enough as it is. I may never board a plane again if they implement those seats.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    MGS4;s quality is just so over the place it is in no way a great game IMO.

Act 1 is ok but I spent 90% of the time fighitng the new control scheme and dealing with Octocamo.
    Act 2 is Snake Eater 1.5
    Act 3 is OLOL Terrible stealth sequence/ too long movie/awful rail shooter
    Act 4 is a nice surprice and fun to play
    Act 5 is a terrible designed area and a terrible boss fight followed by a awesome final boss

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    2010-09-22-airlineseat3.jpg

As you can see, the semi-upright seating allows even large people to wedge themselves in.

As a short person this makes me happy, because tall people rule pretty much everything so I know that when the airlines finally meet their "absolute maximum amount of discomfort we can force on people without them actually coming after us with pitchforks" the end result will be something I can probably live with.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

As you can see, the semi-upright seating allows even large people to wedge themselves in.

As a short person this makes me happy, because tall people rule pretty much everything so I know that when the airlines finally meet their "absolute maximum amount of discomfort we can force on people without them actually coming after us with pitchforks" the end result will be something I can probably live with.

"In other news, plane hijackings increased ten million percent today with the introduction of those fucking seats."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Those seats make me worry that my back will cry out in pain.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Act 4 of MGS4 is a shameless nostalgia trip but it works so darn well that I forgive it. Also the boss of that sequence is the ultimate MGS fantasy, so 10 points to Act 4. The rest of it tho, ehhhhh.

Elki and Houn, MGS3 is da bes, get to it! :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I would sooner accept a coffin-like shelf over a semi-upright "seat".

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    That is a very you dun fucked up look on his face

ECnSavD.jpg

• Options
    Being a cynic also means never having to admit you were wrong, because you can just re-cynicise when necessary, until what you're claiming will happen does happen, thus proving your cynicism about the whole chain of events was justifiable.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have GZ, but I'm only allowed to play it after I replay the entire main series. Maybe I could pick up a PSP/Vita for cheap and play Acid.

4 is the only game I played once, and I barely remember it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

"In other news, plane hijackings increased ten million percent today with the introduction of those fucking seats."

When asked about their demands, the terrorists stated that they would not release hostages until, quote: "every fucking airline executive is made to sit in one of these godforsaken torture seats for 5 hours"

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Is Batman vs Superman basically admitting that the last superman movie was really fucked up and superman was really a second villain?

• Options

I still don't understand why they haven't gone to Fifth Element-like padded tubes. You could stack six of them, two stacks of three, in the same area you can only fit three seats. Put a plug for electronics and a little screen for messages/in flight entertainment in them.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Is Batman vs Superman basically admitting that the last superman movie was really fucked up and superman was really a second villain?

Looks like it.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    That is a very you dun fucked up look on his face

[img]http://i.im gur.com/ECnSavD.jpg[/img]

omg he looks like he stepped out the 1950s

so awesome

• Options

I used to sleep in this:

3449_14-15Trident%20crew.jpg

Can confirm, pretty comfortable for the non-claustrophobic.

• Options
    I just really hope the BvS trailer isnt just all the good shots of the movie.

• Options

Or they're going the "crazies are only here because Superman attracts them so it's his fault" route like they have with Batman a few times.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

Oh, yes, they should do seating like submarine racks

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

they might as well make all passenger planes cargo planes and just put us into cryostasis tubes

that's the inevitable evolution of these seats

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Other cool trailer shots

Looks decent spoild for huge.
    uzD5MEH.jpg

RAD

http://i.imgur.com/B3zgDUj.png

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options

It seems to be at least paying lipservice to the notion that Superman wasn't too arsed about destroying shit and potentially killing thousands while punching some dude for no goddamn reason.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

Oh, yes, they should do seating like submarine racks

The issue is that there are a huge number of people who have some level of claustrophobia and couldn't tolerate being in a rack.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I can't quite buy that a human being can even remotely begin to fight the Superman from MoS, no matter how shiny his power armor. Maybe they'll smack Supes with a nuke to nerf him down to a level Batman can cope with for a few minutes. Or kryptonite, you're go to McGuffin for dealing with Superman.

• Options
    I liked the look of WW in the trailer but I wonder what role she plays in the film. It looks like they have plenty of Batman origin stuff in the film so there doesn't seem to be much room for a WW origin.

• Options
    This shot in the trailer was veeeeery WTF?
    bptf2DN.jpg

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    How many BWAAARRRMs in the new BvS trailer? More than the last one?

I have so little faith in that movie, but it's got a huge advantage in Suicide Squad being around the corner. In contrast, BvS being mediocre might end up looking good. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    I can't quite buy that a human being can even remotely begin to fight the Superman from MoS, no matter how shiny his power armor. Maybe they'll smack Supes with a nuke to nerf him down to a level Batman can cope with for a few minutes. Or kryptonite, you're go to McGuffin for dealing with Superman.

There was definitely a glowing green rock in that trailer.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I could handle a floor level rack. Anything above ground for something that small would require that I always be on a heavy dose of xanax.

Neco on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Someone in [chat] I think, or maybe elsewhere, made the point that airlines are doing this because airline customers have shown time and time again that the overwhelming priority is price, not comfort or features.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Glowing blue number, huh. Seems unimportant

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Oh, Jesse Eisenburg is supposed to be Lex Luthor, I see.

Man they are shoving a shitton of stuff into this movie, how are they going to deal with all of it?

Seems like it might be heading towards Spiderman 3 levels of cramped.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I could handle a floor level rack. Anything above ground for something that small would require that I always be on a heavy dose of xanax.

Top rack 4 lyfe

BO and farts move downwards. Bottom racks smell like sewers. Middle racks are only slightly better. Sailors are an unclean people.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I've taken 14 and 16 hour flights in economy on airplanes. Eventually you hit a point where you're ready to claw your own eyes out and the asshole in front of you shifts and the seat bangs your knees again so you shift your legs a to the side a little so they fit and the beverage cart slams into your knee and you start to laugh to hold back the murder.

Donkey Kong on
This discussion has been closed.