As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocket League]: PA Rocket Society on Friday Nights

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    Three crates opened, two Pollo Caliente decals.

Yeah, this crate game ain't for me. Someone hit me up in four and a half days for my other two keys.

Well, you bought them, might as well open two more crates, you never know. If you really don't want them I have the Dominus Snakeskin that looks cool and/or a less cool Roadhog/Merc decals from crates I could trade you for.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    The hell, I finally got a painted item, only achievement I haven't unlocked and it didn't unlock. Game be trolling.

• Options
    BladeX wrote: »
    The hell, I finally got a painted item, only achievement I haven't unlocked and it didn't unlock. Game be trolling.

Have you tried restarting the game? Inventory has been working weird since the last patch with duplicate/painted/stat items and it usually fixes it after a restart. Not sure if it will give you the achievement though.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sumanai wrote: »

Have you tried restarting the game? Inventory has been working weird since the last patch with duplicate/painted/stat items and it usually fixes it after a restart. Not sure if it will give you the achievement though.

Yea, restarted and still locked.

• Options
    Well, they just released the bugfix patch which includes the problem I mentioned and probably what messed up your achievement: http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/09/september-12th-hotfix-rumble-update/
    Guess it was just bad timing for you. :(

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Damn that is some bad timing! I don't know why it took this long to get a painted item, going to see if it's possible to get the achievement if I trade it to my brother and then he trades it back. I normally wouldn't care but it's sitting there by itself taunting me.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    Three crates opened, two Pollo Caliente decals.

Yeah, this crate game ain't for me. Someone hit me up in four and a half days for my other two keys.

Well, you bought them, might as well open two more crates, you never know. If you really don't want them I have the Dominus Snakeskin that looks cool and/or a less cool Roadhog/Merc decals from crates I could trade you for.

Another crate opened. Now it's two Pollo Calientes, two Narwhals.

Shrug.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Couple of fun plays from my session earlier tonight.

I wasn't even involved in this first one, but it was just too good to pass up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA1TxJoWer0&feature=youtu.be

The second one I was playing some Rumble and finally hit the perfect punch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_dJ1XGkl70&feature=youtu.be

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thanks to a bit of luck with crates, some help from friends and a few trades on reddit and steam this is what I'm currently using as my car: https://gfycat.com/UnhealthyRectangularIcefish :biggrin:
    Still trying to find a good color scheme to use but those don't look too bad for now. Next step is trying to get some cool wheels.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Damn. That's hot.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    So. Jealous. I sold a bunch of steam cards to buy a key as I'm still not sold on this whole crate thing, got the Dominus snakeskin but wanted the GT.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Hullo guys, as some of you know I'm also a RL player, I might even have some of you on my list!

Anyways, I played this a whole bunch when it released, then stopped playing for something like a year or more. Recently I've gotten hooked again and can't stop playing, and I've definitely noticed my skills getting better. Currently a Challenger I in doubles and Challenger II on standard. I would definitely love to party up sometime with anyone here, and not suffer the wrath of idiots purposefully losing games or the dreaded ball chaser that bumps you from behind right as you're about to center the ball.

Hit me up on Steam, same name as in forum if you'd like to play now and then, I've already joined the PA group.

Also, I just downloaded this mod last night, it's a great tool to master dribbling in the game:

http://rocketleaguemods.com/mods/dribbling-challenge-1/

https://youtu.be/fZ5T97CgI7o

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Ah, new map coming for October and two cars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUVaV8ZGVbQ

• Options
    Wow, that looks just like they were trying to do a Bioshock themed DLC and didn't get the permission from 2K and decided to do it anyway. Cars look meh, arena looks very cool.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    My inability to play in the air is keeping me from moving up beyond prospect elite in doubles. There's a clear line I can see toward the top of that bracket and I fall back to earth.

Need to work on that.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Wow, that looks just like they were trying to do a Bioshock themed DLC and didn't get the permission from 2K and decided to do it anyway. Cars look meh, arena looks very cool.

Lmao, right? It has that last minute scramble to remove all copyrighted mentions in the video, just like in that (AL PACINO) movie!

I was honestly expecting Cosmic as they had removed it from the public labs playlists which is what they did before releasing Neo but I'll take a re-skinned standard map any day.

My brother and a friend I play with regularly will kill me though as I'll probably be singing beyond the sea or under the sea the entire match.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    The triton looks amazing. I love everything in that trailer.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Psyonix would you kindly release that map right the hell now?

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Also @Satsumomo hmu next time you see me online, I play pretty regularly.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Anyone else take a break from Rocket League and come back finding you've improved? Like I can't do aerials to save my life..

giphy.gif

• Options
    Break from Rocket League? Blasphemy!

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Well Mad Max was 10 bucks CDN on Steam so had been playing that.

• Options
    Doing my weekly Sunday morning stream for the next 45 minutes or so, in case anyone's SUPER bored.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    The lesson? No more bananas.

• Options
    Sceptre wrote: »
    The lesson? No more bananas.

Yeah man, soon as I finished up that banana, everything started looking up. Only pears from now on while I'm playing RL.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Anyone else take a break from Rocket League and come back finding you've improved? Like I can't do aerials to save my life..

giphy.gif

Actually yeah. When I went on vacation for a week back in June I came back and played the best I've ever done. It quickly wore off though.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2016
    Aw I forgot to post about it, but at PAX West I played in the RL tournaments they had and placed 2nd in the 1v1 and 3rd in the 3v3 (with two guys I didn't know who were awesome)!

I'm the dork on the far right in both.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The Aquadome update is coming sooner than expected, this tuesday already!
    Includes the already announced free new arena and 2 dlc cars but also the new champion series 3 crate with new decals, wheels and this amazing import body for the Breakout!
    or-import-car.png
    *drool*

http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/game-info/aquadome/
    http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/aquadome-update/

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Omfg that breakout looks amazing.

• Options
    Finally, after grinding for what feels like weeks, I FINALLY broke into Challenger III on Doubles.

I don't even want to play it anymore. It's all downhill from here.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I finally decided to do something with the bunch of replays I had saved over the last several months and edited my first montage. Nothing too fancy, I've always been a Challenger tier player but I'm happy with how it came out.
    Youtube really messed up the quality but it's still watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKEbSduL_0

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Nice. Loved the double pool shot!

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    uuuuugh I really need to play again

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I jumped in again - my first experience of the game mode with the powerups. That was pretty cool, but we soon returned to ranked matches.

I'm still being incredibly unlucky with unlocks; seven or eight games can go by in a row without unlocking anything, while Mrs Rhesus unlocks stuff all the time. Also my Day of the Tentacle topper doesn't show up :(

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!!!

Live until Noon CDT.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I jumped in again - my first experience of the game mode with the powerups. That was pretty cool, but we soon returned to ranked matches.

I'm still being incredibly unlucky with unlocks; seven or eight games can go by in a row without unlocking anything, while Mrs Rhesus unlocks stuff all the time. Also my Day of the Tentacle topper doesn't show up :(

That's usually my experience, drops are very slow and I get something maybe every 10 games. Are you sure she isn't unlocking the normal items that they add each patch and are guaranteed drops every couple of games?
    And the Day of the Tentacle topper has been bugged since release, hope they fix it on tuesday with the new patch.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Oh, that could be it. I didn't realise drops worked like that.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    dalitubadalituba Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Finally, after grinding for what feels like weeks, I FINALLY broke into Challenger III on Doubles.

Haha. Sorry for being part of the downhill slide.

In all seriousness though, good time playing with you Dook. Finally was able to link up with someone from the PA group.

• Options
    dalituba wrote: »
    Big Dookie wrote: »

Haha. Sorry for being part of the downhill slide.

In all seriousness though, good time playing with you Dook. Finally was able to link up with someone from the PA group.

You were fine, the slide didn't actually start until last night. Although it was more my own fault than anyone else's. But hey, no prob, now I get to work my way back up the ladder, playing "Eye of the Tiger" at full blast in the background.

Good times though definitely, it's always more fun playing with PA peeps than randos. Feel free to shoot me a message any time you see me online!

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    Random-ish question. Anyone else who uses Discord have you had the push to talk button for a gamepad stop working after the latest update?

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.