Options

Let's Play: Xenonauts: Strategic Planetary Defence Simulator (image heavy)

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    That gun only has 1 bullet.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Fanda wrote: »
    Check out all that top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art (for 1980) research equipment.

I'm not convinced this is really the 1970s. Where's all the avocado green in our base decor? The harvest gold? The wicker?
    c4xv9l7lctlb.jpg

Also, we appear to have Frank Pritchard from DX:HR running our science department, so that's all to the good.

The avacodo green is around. It's on the light fixtures in the science lab, the bedsheets in the barracks.
    Farangu wrote: »
    If you need, Armchair, I can also be the really snooty chief scientist.
    I've got you penciled in as a pilot for our new breed of interceptor once we build one...which might be a bit. I also don't know if I'll get this writeup done tonight. I've been failing at making gifs that I find satisfactory. I'm tempted to just take stills of highlights and then maybe uploading the footage of the whole battle to youtube for people who want action.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Check out all that top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art (for 1980) research equipment.

I'm not convinced this is really the 1970s. Where's all the avocado green in our base decor? The harvest gold? The wicker?
    c4xv9l7lctlb.jpg

Also, we appear to have Frank Pritchard from DX:HR running our science department, so that's all to the good.

The avacodo green is around. It's on the light fixtures in the science lab, the bedsheets in the barracks.
    Farangu wrote: »
    If you need, Armchair, I can also be the really snooty chief scientist.
    I've got you penciled in as a pilot for our new breed of interceptor once we build one...which might be a bit. I also don't know if I'll get this writeup done tonight. I've been failing at making gifs that I find satisfactory. I'm tempted to just take stills of highlights and then maybe uploading the footage of the whole battle to youtube for people who want action.

Stills + the whole video is my preference :P

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The avacado green is the monochromatic display color for those computers.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Looks like I'm strong as hell and pretty accurate to boot, but also kind of a coward. Which I guess we kind of established after that last mission. It could be worse though; you don't have to start making panic checks until morale drops below 40 and mine is above that at least. And given that the minimum stat cap is 35, this means that a particularly cowardly rookie can panic at absolutely nothing at all.
    Nothing at all!
    Nothing at all!

tumblr_nt2hqaE6V21tkajpqo1_500.gif

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Program is jointly operated by USSR, which has no use for your decadent capitalist colors.

• Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    !signup for me also, rifle and grenades please.

Vechloran.png
  • Options
    After losing Kadoken to a botched deployment, we're upping our game with our deployment strategy.

zvk5dpsn3pqd.jpg

@Rhan9 and @TeeMan cover the two side exits with their LMGs. @Elvenshae covers the main ramp with @Takel and @Phoenix-D flanking him with their shields. @MegaMek stands ready to blast anything hostile with a rocket and @Kristmas Kthulhu and @Docken stand at the ready to sprint out of any exit to engage targets with their shotguns.

We touchdown on the outskirts of a town. Some trees and a rock outcropping blocks our view of the town. A small dirt road leads to the north west towards the town. There are some boulders on the side of the road that we can use for cover.

t8og9c0jw1f0.jpg

We spread out using the trees and rocks as cover to establish overlapping fields of fire for the LMGs.

kn6pixgwdvz8.jpg

We'll see any aliens that approach us from the town and tear them to shreds...

3rywwopg4u6p.jpg

Oh yeah. That's right. You can move through trees in this game.

Moving through the trees like that is a good way to exhaust your TU's and leave yourself exposed.

Nothing to worry abou...

*PEW PEW PTEEW*

ulopxwp1pdb2.jpg

Plasma fire is coming from the town! Megamek is suppressed.

7vzbav42dxp0.jpg

Docken makes short work of the redshirt. However we still have the alien shooting from the town. Normally I'd have megamek take out the wall, but he's too indisposed at the moment to comply with that order. He uses what little time units he has to move behind the sturdier cover of the nearby well to get a better shot for next turn.

On the far-right flank. Kristmas Kthulhu moves forward to try and get eyes on the target. If we can locate the alien, then the LMGs can light it up. Kristmas can sprint in next turn for the kill, presuming Megamek can clear away the wall that is concealing it.

mrtvb4jeu3q4.jpg

… or at least that was the plan. Aliens are coming out of the trees like baseball players out of corn fields.

Megamek takes a shot at the newly sighted alien instead.

2rcat3ubzaq6.jpg

It doesn't give a fuck.

Fortunately Rhan9 is capable of finishing it off with an LMG burst from over a screen away.

Unfortunately this whole incident leaves us with a very intact wall. Kristmas takes the opportunity to arm a high explosive charge and throw it against the offending wall. (Timer set to 2 to avoid bullshit).

7dhcx2znigmf.jpg

No more wall. However the alien has moved on. However with the blind spot removed, we are free to advance.

Oh wait, There's still a building there.

Megamek.

ag9fbgfh4udj.jpg

Ok. NOW we can advance.

zzjp0uc2kwby.jpg

76k1j6ptivt9.jpg

That didn't take long. Takel found the alien while advancing into the town.

Kristmas Kthulhu takes advangage of the concealing terrain to flank around behind the alien while Elvenshae and Teeman attempt to pin the alien with LMG fire.

7b19kldzctwk.jpg

The alien flees the LMGs and runs right into Kristmas Kthulhu's shotgun.

With the exterior clear, we advance on the UFO. The heavy weapons soldiers advance through the forest to take up firing positions in front of the UFO's entrance. Docken will blow the door off the UFO with a high explosive charge.

b692kwp3npsj.jpg

3ivxpmbn9ghq.jpg

mbn1167wgs51.jpg

fdypq5d77nj2.jpg

tksz47yctbic.jpg

THIS IS WHY WE SET THE TIMER TO 2.

ujlxsvj8s1nb.jpg

Not only did we fumble the C4, but the alien opened the door and is being a jerk. Fortunately it can't aim.

We don't have time for this.

Megamek, open the door.

orhmafgr2m1n.jpg

Looks like that got him.

b6h10uh4na01.jpg

Look at those gains. +Strength for everyone!

Also, PROMOTIONS.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    And that's how you clear a barn building.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    MegaMek's secret to getting stronger: Carry more rockets for MegaMek.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Apparently these are the fabled muscle butter orchards, where 99% of the world's muscle butter supply is harvested.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Apparently due to a clerical error, I never actually clicked the "yes I'm sure" button when I hired my extra 5 scientists on day 1....so they'll be showing up mid-month instead. Whoops.

Regardless, the existing team has completed the design of the new MIG-32 Foxtrot interceptor. Production has begun at Olympus and the first interceptor will roll off the assembly line in 64 hours. @Farangu has been selected to be the first pilot of this new craft.

e2qzo3su7h8a.jpg

In comparison to the Condor, the foxtrot has superior radar range, is faster, has greater range, and has two heavy hardpoints capable of mounting the Avalanche Torpedo. It is also less agile, is incapable of performing an evasive barrel roll, and is not equipped with an auto-cannon.

We expect alien vessels to get larger in the coming days, and the Foxtrot will be the mainstay of our air defense network. Each one costs $200,000. We've placed an order for two and will continue construction once Tenochtitlan is capable of supporting aircraft.

Your vote was heard, and we have begun research of the Alien Alloys. The hunter scout car was a close second.

Also, here are some more paper dolls of our new hires. Molybdenum, Stuffguy, and vlemeran are in the queue. We have a large supply of standing soldiers at 15, and I won't be able to hire new soldiers until we start taking more casualties. My funds are limited and I need to devote them towards the airfields at Tenochtitlan, the production of more aircraft, and hiring more scientists to use the new wing of the research lab that is under construction. We won't have enough funds for a radar array at Tenochtitlan until next month. Until then any aircraft stationed there will need to rely on eyewitness UFO spottings and hunt with their own radar.

b1j2v6metnuw.jpg
    c4ewjfcoxeh6.jpg
    c8skr97msxjd.jpg
    25gupcljtvyi.jpg
    fozbc7lekcuj.jpg
    dq5iqr26k8jb.jpg

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    September 12, 1979:

At 1641, a UFO was detected over the Sahara. Kadoken and Joolander were scrambled to intercept. The UFO soon flew out over the atlantic and outran them. In time, the squadron reached their bingo line and were forced to return home.

It got away.

:(

edit:

A few hours later at September 13, 0329, another UFO was detected. This time near the Caspian Sea. Kadoken and Joolander haven't finished refueling from their previous flight. JusticeForPluto and Farangu launch to engage the craft. The welds on Farangu's craft are still warm.

In a few hours they catch up to the craft. We haven't seen one like this before. It is something bigger.

pb3h1yebznuj.jpg

edit2:
    https://youtu.be/xxzPSW9jWus

This craft is larger than the ones we've seen before. JusticeForPluto banked around to try and get on the craft's tail. Before that can happen, Farangu enters weapons range for his Avalanche heavy air-to-air torpedoes, fires both at the target, and then banks away from the oncoming UFO. The larger alien craft is unable to roll away from the oncoming torpedoes and Farangu scores two direct hits. The torpedoes proved exceptionally effective and were capable of downing the alien craft before JusticeForPluto was even able to enter lockon range for his sidewinder missiles.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Apparently these are the fabled muscle butter orchards, where 99% of the world's muscle butter supply is harvested.

Stat training in general was something that really annoyed me about Xenonauts. TUs increased by spending TUs during a mission. This means optimal play is running your soldiers around in circles after clearing all the aliens outside the UFO (since the ones inside it rarely do more than pop their heads out the door) in order to squeeze a few extra points of this vital stat. Strength increased by spending TUs during a mission while carrying more than something like 90% of your weight limit. This means that optimal play involves giving every single soldier as many grenades (or other such free occasionally useful heavy objects) as they can carry, and updating their loadout every few missions to keep them gaining strength points.

It's one of those things where they had an opportunity to look at how X-COM did things and try something a little less stupid and decided "nah, nostalgia".

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Ah man the new guy gets the cool new plane?

Booooo :P

• Options
    If you want one, you can have one. There will be more foxtrots. So many more foxtrots. The only thing stopping further production is that we've used up our budget for September. The only new money we'll get before October are spoils from alien craft.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I really should reinstall Xenonauts.

• Options
    I did because of this thread, but two massive games just came out this week and Mario Maker is coming out later this month, so I don't really have any time for it :sad:

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I approve of the liberal, haphazard use of high explosives. Just splash 'em around

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    One of the best things I learned by playing Witcher 3: Apparently the way that witchers fish is with an abundance of bombs.

I approve. That world has some nasty critters everywhere. No need to play safe with a hook and line.

• Options
    You guys are gonna love the next AAR. There were even more high explosive packs tossed around. This time in an industrial area rather than a small town.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Oh hell !signup me please! Whatever role, no preference on my part

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Likewise, though I do love being the nutter who tries to taze Aliens.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    !signup I want to be Lord Numeric, Anti to his chums. Big Game hunter now after the most dangerous game- Manki extraterrestials. Anti uses his trusty long range rifle to snipe his prey.

Antinumeric on
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Yea, I'll take a kill in a fresh warbird.

Farangu on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    !signup!
    I'm fine with pretty much any role, pilot included.

cB557 on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    !signup
    Wanna be a sniper please

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Awesome. I'll get you all added to the queue soon. If I've "awesomed" your signup posts, then it means I've added you to the spreadsheet. (I haven't overlooked the past few volunteers, I simply haven't booted up the spreadsheet in a few days).

I hope to sit down and make the next after action report in the next day or so. I'm continuing towards the armor you guys want, but I'll have a new research poll soon.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    WHat's with all the double posts for me ugh

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So this thread has reactivated interest in my own save. I bowed out of playing a few months ago after a particularly hairy
    alien base assault.

My current save is living on a knife edge whereby I'm only kept in the black by downing and assaulting UFOs.

I've also just researched the
    pulse laser for the armored vehicle. I thought it would just be a very powerful laser. H'ooooohhhh boy was I wrong. Bad guys splodin' everywhere, with a side order of no more building.

Also !signup for me please! Get me a guy with high reactions and a shotgun if it's available. If not then whatever position needs filling!

Campy on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Ok. It's been a week or so since I last wrote one of these up. I got busy and it takes awhile to write these (much longer than actually playing the mission).

Anyway, we left our campaign with @Farangu intercepting a new model of alien craft and scoring his first kill with the brand new Foxtrot interceptor.

I want to start mixing up the away teams so that more people get expereience/time in the spotlight, but I opted to mostly send our vets for this mission since it is a new model of UFO and will contain goodies that we haven't seen before. However since this is an urban fight, I opted to sideline one of our heavy gunners to bring another assault trooper on board.

The final away team was

@Elvenshae , @Kristmas Kthulhu , @Phoenix-D , @Docken , @Rhan9 , @Takel , and @Frozenzen

qe3ndke4en6h.jpg

@Durina lands the dropship near a railroad yard in a city near the Caspian Sea. @Phoenix-D scouts ahead and spots a civilian, but there is no sign of alien activity.

pr639lkqixvh.jpg

We advance forward and use the vehicles in the railyard's parking lot for cover. To our north is a side street and a warehouse.

More civilians can be seen running about in panic. Screams in the distance are cut short by alien plasma fire.

g0hctqc598cl.jpg

Phoenix-D keep advancing forward and gets eyes on the alien craft. This one is a larger model than what we've seen before. We still haven't seen the aliens themselves yet.

It seems like the warehouse will give us the best angle to cover the entrance of the UFO. However the contents of the warehouse is unknown and the aliens may be covering the doorways.

The wall to the north of the road poses a problem as well. It is a blind spot, and anyone advancing on the UFO's entrance risks fire from potentially unseen assailants.

These problems both have the same answer.

Explosives. :D

Over the course of a few turns, Kristmas Kthulhu plants an explosive on the north wall, and Takel plants an explosive on the southen wall of the warehouse.

cpn9br3th1p9.jpg

k4n6pe7mzxoq.jpg

The demolition charges reveal new portions of the battlefield and allow us to advance forward. However despite hearing more civilians dying in the distance, we still haven't seen the enemy.

There aren't any doors or windows with a good line of sight of the UFO's entrance, but there is a collection of stacked supplies that can provide some cover if it weren't for the presence of an obtrusive wall.

We know the solution for that :D

sfpcwxe9de6i.jpg

Thanks @Docken. Your high explosive charge opened up a new line of fire for our machinegunners. Let's send megamek and them forward so that @Megamek can blast the door off the ship and then our machinegunners can fill the ship with enough lead to force the heads of those greys down so that our assault troops can safely sprint in and finish the job.

Everyone forms up on the door while Megamek takes his shot.

fy4fwpl4dqz5.jpg

IT'S A HIT!!

1civdhu2nlv1.jpg

Negative, it just impacted in on the surface....

Oh well. We have machine gunners in place, and two shield troopers with shields at full strength. Let's see what we can see. Megamek can't miss forever.

Phoenix-D, if you would be so kind.

6l9ax1pzm456.jpg

…wait, those aren't greys.

IT'S THE GORNS!

Four against one isn't what I had in mind. Phoenix-D, get back so that @Rhan9 can get a clear shot with his LMG.

y2jtd0nyr7d6.jpg

All misses, but at least one alien is suppressed.

Ok. We'll just keep up the barrage until they crack.

Wait, what's that?

5rmmzuu6atti.jpg

A single shot answer's Rhan9's volley of fire and strikes Megamek square in the chest.

0p1g0u1uqdu7.jpg

Yeah. We don't have anything in our first aid kits to fix a case of “corpse.”

le07cfn90eqw.jpg

We do some more re positioning. @Takel open's the door and @Elvenshae is able to land a few hits on the reptilian and keep it suppressed.

A long range pistol shot from Phoenix-D puts that alien down for good.

Everyone else stays formed up on the door ready to blast anything that comes out.

(Nothing comes out.)

ghbttro6214r.jpg

With one confirmed dead alien inside, we decide to storm the bridge.

Takel gets the door open and Phoenix-D preps the room with a flashbang.

There are only two aliens on the bridge. The third that we saw earlier must have withdrawn deeper into the ship.

zgfit75pleio.jpg

Rhan9 takes aim at the unsurpressed alien at the back of the ship, misses every shot, and hits the suppressed alien six time for the kill. The barrage suppresses the previously unsurpressed alien. Good enough.

Rhan's LMG is dry, but elvenshae is in position to keep firing next turn if necessary

zl10hsdgzpn8.jpg

@Docken advances onto the bridge and takes cover behind one of the control consoles. He gets a shot off but the alien survives the attack.

@Frozenzen advances between the two consoles and finishes the alien off.

With the bridge secure, we begin advancing into the heart of the ship. Our heavy gunners take up defensive positions covering the entrance (we never saw the aliens that were killing the civilians earlier).

Our shield troopers and assault troopers have the harrowing task of advancing single file through a narrow passageway into the depths of the ship.

vb89do4ng5q3.jpg

Takel opens the door and spots the fourth alien. It is alone and hiding behind what looks to be some kind of generator. We've never seen something like that before, and we definitely want to take it intact.

iukx9t13v2la.jpg

Takel closes the door again and waits. The alien can wait in its coffin. If it tries to advance on us, it will have to face the reaction fire of Takel, Frozenzen, and @Kristmas Kthulhu

vs5rrhy6nyso.jpg

mtrg40gjbp44.jpg

The alien waits in the power room. Takel opens the door again and throws a flashbang into the room, stunning the alien.

Kristmas Kthulhu is then free to sprint into the room and execute the alien with two point blank shots.

The UFO is secure, but the mission isn't over yet. There are still the aliens outside.

ny4t4f56hstd.jpg

This is a fine opportunity to clarify our victory conditions and explain why local forces aren't helping us.

So far we've been achieving victory by killing every single alien by ourselves. The reason local forces aren't helping is because of what happened during the Iceland incident.

At Iceland, human forces slowly managed to push the alien ground troops back towards their ship. However before they could achieve victory, the aliens detonated their ship Predator style and killed everyone short of the officers at the rearmost command posts.

2jtwsej4azks.png

The local armies are unwilling to risk their forces in a ground assault against alien forces while such a threat remains on the table.

However if the Xenonauts are capable of clearing the UFO and holding it for five turns, then allied ground troops will pour into the combat zone and overwhelm what remaining aliens are present through force of numbers.

Our scientists have also discerned that our atmosphere is mildly toxic to the aliens. They can operate within our atmosphere for a limited period of time, but eventually they will succumb if they can't be re-nourished by the strange machines aboard their craft.

So rather than risking out necks hunting the last alien in city fighting, we're just gonna wait right here and point every single gun at the door.

alzvwtc25350.jpg

GET SOME!

n2pl973car7y.jpg

Mission complete.

Wait, what's that noise?

Megamek wrote:
    *cough*I'm not dead yet*cough gurgle*

Well. I suppose you aren't. Who woulda thunk it?

Phoenix-D gets promoted to Lieutenant and Frozenzen has proven himself to be the "King of Gains."

Seriously. LOOK AT THAT! 3 strength, 3 accuracy, 2 bravery, 2 reflexes, 3 time units, and 2 HP. He's getting huge. HUUUUGE!

Excellent work everyone! Nobody even died!

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    MegaMek gets promoted to "Not Corpse"!
    Congratulations MM.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Apparently we do have something that can fix a case of corpse!

I do like how Xenonauts has civilians running around on non-terror missions.

• Options
    The eggheads back at base were able to provide us some intel from what we brought back from our most recent mission.

Most interesting is the results of the autopsy of the Gorn/Reptillian. It seems like they are shortsighted, but operate primarily on thermal vision that is unaffected by our smoke grenades. Additionally they have remarkable regenerative abilities. If we can't kill them quickly, they'll be back at full fighting strength in no time.

75ed5md7drf3.jpg

44yqc18dhlq5.jpg

Additionally, our science team is now a team of 30 researchers. Due to the decreasing returns of assigning them all to one project, I have split their attention. 10 of them are current designing the Hunter Scout car. The other 20 have completed the preliminary research into the alien alloys.

48aywovm6bwg.jpg

They stuff really seems like a wonder material. Unfortunately nothing we have is capable of shaping the metal to our will. This puts a damper on plans to forge new armor out of the stuff.

rvpbvdrgui6f.jpg
    In he meantime, I have tasked the primary team of researchers to research the power source that was recovered during our last mission. They've dubbed it an "Alenium reactor", and it may hold the key to advancing our capabilities significantly. Both in providing a means to re-forge our alien alloy samples, and as a means to power the next generation of weaponry.

For the moment, as requested, I am keeping the primary research team pursuing leads to develop better combat armor.

However, once we've developed that new line of armor, we will have three new research routes to pursue.

1: Study the alien biology to try and formulate of capturing them alive.
    2: Try to utilize this new "alenium" material to magnify the yield of our explosives.
    3: Research the alien plasma weaponry to try and develop the next generation of firearms.

https://strawpoll.me/5462720

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Apparently we do have something that can fix a case of corpse!

I do like how Xenonauts has civilians running around on non-terror missions.

The civilians aren't all helpless targets in Xenonauts.

If you look closely at the mission result screen, the two "civilians" that died were "local forces." In this case they were police officers armed with their sidearms. Alas, the locals are usually no match for even the the aliens. However occasionally they can be seen pulling off impressive feats. Like farmer John ambushing an alien in a blind corner with his old double barrel shotgun. You can see members of local militia units armed with AK-47s. Occasionally the mission will take place near an army base and you can fight alongside soldiers armed with M16's.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Really there's no question.

Get Texas on those greys (and greens and...).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN!

• Options
    My rockets are mediocre.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Ok. An update the the queue and everyone's whereabouts.

Fleeb, Mostlyjoe13, antinumeric (under the alias Lord Numeric), Stormwatcher, and Campy have been added to the queue. Unless otherwise stated, I am assuming that everyone wants a soldier.

The queue is as follows:
    Stuffguy: Sniper
    Molybdenum : Explosives
    Velmeran: rifle/grenades
    Fleeb: No preference (I'm assuming you want a soldier)
    Mostlyjoe13: No preference (but wants capability to capture aliens alive)
    antinumeric (Lord Numeric): Sniper Rifle
    Stormwatcher: Sniper rifle
    Campy: Shotgun (preferably with high reaction speed).

I think I've got everyone accounted for. I try and catch everyone's posts, but please say !signup when you signup. That's the keyword I "ctrl+f" for.

I apologize that it may take some time before you can see action in the field. I can't support additional soldiers at the moment, and we aren't even through the first month yet. However, this game is a spiritual successor to X-Com. New positions have a way of opening up fast. >:)

Construction of the basic facilities at Tenochtitlan have been completed. Two runways have been constructed at the site, however we do not have sufficient funds to manufacture a radar array to detect incoming ufos.

Impressed by the MIG-32 Foxtrot's performance in Farangu's initial sortie against the alien scout ship, @JusticeforPluto has requested to be transferred to a Foxtrot. His request has been approved and he has been assigned to our latest Foxtrot which completed production a few days ago. @Cb557 expressed interest in becoming a pilot, and has been assigned JusticeforPluto's old F-17 Condor.

The plan is to assemble many more Foxtrots, but we do not have sufficient funds to continue production this month.

Both JusticeForPluto and Cb557 have been reassigned to Tenochtitlan. Without a central radar array, we will be relying on secondhand reports to notify us that UFOs are operating in the airspace. JusticeForPluto and Cb557 will then need to split up and search the area to locate and intercept the aliens with their own radar systems.

Once we receive our monthly influx of funding from the Council of nations, we will be able to build a radar array at Tenochtitlan and resume construction of Foxtrots. Until then, this will be good practice for hunting down and intercepting reported UFOs that are beyond the radar range of the home base.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code: