As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny: The Taken King. Like The Lion King, but with less regicide.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    you ain't even got to do heroics. running 320 level strikes will get you blue gear up to 265

I assume you meant to say 365 blue gear
    which, what? no. I just ran 3 regular strikes from the SIVA a playlist and everything capped at 340. hell, a lot of it was in the mid-200s

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    you ain't even got to do heroics. running 320 level strikes will get you blue gear up to 265

I assume you meant to say 365 blue gear
    which, what? no. I just ran 3 regular strikes from the SIVA a playlist and everything capped at 340. hell, a lot of it was in the mid-200s

If you go to the menu and pick the 320 version of a strike, not the playlist, they can drop 365 gear. A lot of people recommend grinding Sepiks Perfected this way for ez loot. I think it's a bug, since the normal playlist doesn't do this.

• Options
    Ugh
    well, that's fucking stupid
    I got goddamn Omnigul twice in a row
    I hate you, Destiny

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The gear grind in this expansion is bad

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Omnigul is probably my least favorite strike. That boss room is just bad and tends to make you just hang out in the lobby forever if you can't just brute force her down. Also her scream freaks my dog out

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    One thing that's been working ok for me to break up the strike grind is playing Archon's Forge; if you can find a good group or bring in your own you end up with a million blues and some Forge loot and I've been getting 3-4 new legendaries (which will be 2 or 3 points over your current light level) for an hour of play. Some people are saying that the legendary and exotic drop rate out of decrypting blues has gotten better, that's anecdotal but I've been doing ok.

Also of note, the class gear that drops there (cape, towel, arm band) can go all the way to 385. All other legendaries cap at 365.

Perfected Servitor is actually pretty fun too as you can't just chain stagger it with flaming axes and sometimes it turns into a real fight.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    To be clear, the 320 strike bosses will drop 2 actual pieces of gear, not engrams, that'll be 2-3 light levels above your current level and people are running 320 Sepiks because it's fast and easy. Grinding that way sucks but you can do it.

Edit: I should say that it's not bad if you aren't in a hurry and still like playing the game. YMMV

Peen on
  • Options
    Everything about the Dark Below was garbage, including the Omnigul strike

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Everything about the Dark Below was garbage, including the Omnigul strike

Eris is cool tho

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I managed to not scrap any important items for like 2 days, ya'll.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Archons Forge drops higher light class items so go there when you class item is low (and purple engrams that help up to 365)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Archons Forge drops higher light class items so go there when you class item is low

I need to hang out there awhile and try to get another Sniper or Fusion Rifle, as well

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    It really is weird that all the dlc is fallen and hive focused

I guess the cabal had a guest role in taken king

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Cabal had a real crazy cliffhanger in Taken King during one of the missions where they were sending an emergency signal to the Cabal Emperor

And that's pretty much the last bit of plot the Cabal have gotten

I can kind of excuse the Vex not being a big focus in the DLC, because they were the big bads of the initial release

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    It really is weird that all the dlc is fallen and hive focused

I guess the cabal had a guest role in taken king

One of the more popular theories about Destiny 2 is that the real Cabal army will finally show up and then we're basically screwed.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    They didn't use the cabal because they're still trying to figure out how to make them any fun to fight at all

• Options
    I dunno I actually kinda like fighting the Cabal

They've got some great varied enemy types

• Options
    Cabal all kinda boil down to Big Dude, Shoot In Head

• Options
    how long have we as players been here? can anyone guess the passage of time in a world of immortals?

something something then hundreds of years then you. why is everyone expecting answers to century long mysteries to be answered in the 1~ year you've been around?

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Cabal all kinda boil down to Big Dude, Shoot In Head

Some of them have shields so you need to stagger them by shooting them in the arm or legs first, and then there are the Psions that can "shoot" through solid cover, and even just between the "big dudes, shoot in head" there are a few variants that are easily visually identifiable between the Legionnaires and Centurions and Colossi.

• Options
    you can throw a tripmine onto a cabal's head and it will make their helmet spin until the tripmine blows off their head

cabal are the best

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Cabal should be focused on a stupid amount of rockets coming your way

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Do elemental weapons not have any utility beyond shields and burn modifiers? Say I'm doing a hive mission and I have a 95 solar damage weapon and a 100 normal damage weapon, that means I don't have any reason to pull out the solar damage weapon until the wizards show up?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Do elemental weapons not have any utility beyond shields and burn modifiers? Say I'm doing a hive mission and I have a 95 solar damage weapon and a 100 normal damage weapon, that means I don't have any reason to pull out the solar damage weapon until the wizards show up?
    Well, I mean, special and heavy weapons obviously have many reasons to use them over primaries depending on the situation, but no, elemental damage only matters for the damage bonuses on shields and the armor and artifact perks that rely on certain elements.

• Options
    God help me but I do wanna get a look at this raid
    I guess I'll put on some podcasts and grind out Sepiks for a while

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Oh yeah speaking of the raid, if you don't look at the G&T thread I put together a "we're going to die a bunch for sure and we'll never beat the last boss but it'll be fun to try" raid run on XBone Saturday night.

https://www.the100.io/game/782608

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    God help me but I do wanna get a look at this raid
    I guess I'll put on some podcasts and grind out Sepiks for a while

Iron Banner is going on right now and is also a solid way to get some gear. They changed it so that you don't even have to win matches to get the bounties done.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Also each bounty yields a legendary that's probably a couple above your current when you cash it in.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    In about 8 or 9 hours I got two characters to rank 5. I think the second took under 3 hours. I guess that's about right if 6 for one, then with double exp, half the time, 3 hours for the other

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options

• Options
    Fought Omnigoul for the first time today.

Yeah that wasn't great.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I think because I wasn't tracking The Dark Below questline and was just kinda doing them in whatever oreder I wanted, I now have to redo a bunch of them? Does that sound right?

august on
  • Options
    august wrote: »
    I think because I wasn't tracking The Dark Below questline and was just kinda doing them in whatever oreder I wanted, I now have to redo a bunch of them? Does that sound right?
    It's not clear what you mean by "them." Like, doing a mission before it comes up as a quest step? If that's what you're referring to, then yeah, you'll have to do that mission again to progress the quest.

• Options
    Yeah. Looks like I have a second date with Omnigoul.

• Options
    Just remember, it's damage based ADD waves. Clear ADDs, deal damage to the boss, fall back to the entrance or pop a roaming super when you see more red on your radar coming in, return to 1. The fight goes pretty smooth that way.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    *lets out deep sigh*

I haven't played Destiny since the November it came out.

Should I buy the collection?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I think I'm gonna get back into this

Its been like a year since i played

edit:

ok I've made moves and purchases

now I just need to remember how to play with a controller

Al_wat on
  • Options
    *lets out deep sigh*

I haven't played Destiny since the November it came out.

Should I buy the collection?
    I'd say yes. I got the game near the end of Year 1, so I can't attest to the following personally, but the loot grind has apparently been polished a bunch since launch. Much clearer how to progress.
    And the shooting is, of course, still excellent.

• Options
    The loot grind got worse again admittedly

Taken King is good though

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So my return to this game continues

I thought I'd settled on Hunter as my class because rad capes are a hard argument to beat but holy hell is Stormcaller fun

This discussion has been closed.