As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny: The Taken King. Like The Lion King, but with less regicide.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Just remember, it's damage based ADD waves. Clear ADDs, deal damage to the boss, fall back to the entrance or pop a roaming super when you see more red on your radar coming in, return to 1. The fight goes pretty smooth that way.

Yeah, I eventually decided that I was the one who needed to clean up the mobs after our third wipe on that run.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Yeah i figure im going to level my warlock first, then titan then hunter

I dont actually know how long it takes to get my dudes raid ready but hopefully i can get at least my warlock there this week

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So how rough would it be to try some of the basic strikes with matchmaking randos?

I'm not even talking hard mode or anything, just finishing off quests

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Based on what it was like when i used to play, doing strikes with randos is mostly fine

I mean friends are better but its fine

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Strikes aren't complex enough to require much coordination

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I may get back into this when I get my own place and get Internet.

I really enjoyed the PvP, and the two months I raided with the g and t crowd.

• Options
    So I'm level 37.

I'm starting to get some purple weapons that don't do much damage but that can be ascended to the highest damage in Year 1, are those worth keeping around? Also is there a specific type of weapon I should feed to The Devil You Know? Because I got one of those.

Also I'm probably gonna max out Voidwalker soon so I guess I'll start on Stormcaller because I'm not sure if the defense and crowd control of Sunsinger is really appealing to me. Do subclasses level faster late in the game, or am I looking at a big chunk of time to max out each?

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Hurray I killed Siva Satan

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Did your group do the stuff to get the raid exotic quest?

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Did your group do the stuff to get the raid exotic quest?

No, did all the setup when we were running through a couple days ago but stalled out on final phase of the boss. Finished off the boss this morning but a lot of the group had been switched out so I think the exotic progression was lost. Not that worried about it, beating the raid was my main end goal

Seeing as that's probably the last Destiny raid, I can now say I've beat the game. Bring on Destiny 2

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Get any drops you liked?

• Options
    I got two raid assault rifles. Seems like a fun one, suros regime with face exploding

Steam ID
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I officially hate the Archon's Forge. It's inferior in every design aspect to Court of Oryx. Well, I guess the actual arena space is a little more interesting. But completing these bounties is a huge pain in the ass, and I am 100% certain I will never set foot in here again once I complete the relevant bits of the y3 book.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    That's really interesting because right now it's my favorite way to farm in the game. If you've got a group of 4-6 people who know what they're doing you can roll for an hour and end up with loads of stuff. I came in late to everything and I don't like the Court of Oryx very much at all, why do you like it better?

Also for folks like @Grey Ghost that might not have seen, there's an update today that bumps blue engrams to 365 and purples to 385, getting to a respectable light level should be way easier now.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    That's really interesting because right now it's my favorite way to farm in the game. If you've got a group of 4-6 people who know what they're doing you can roll for an hour and end up with loads of stuff. I came in late to everything and I don't like the Court of Oryx very much at all, why do you like it better?

Also for folks like ~"Grey Ghost" that might not have seen, there's an update today that bumps blue engrams to 365 and purples to 385, getting to a respectable light level should be way easier now.
    Wait an hour and a half before you start decrypting stuff though, the update's not out yet.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

Also for folks like Grey Ghost that might not have seen, there's an update today that bumps blue engrams to 365 and purples to 385, getting to a respectable light level should be way easier now.

Bolded the flaw. It's miserable solo. I crouch-walk from further and further back from the stairs each time to give it time to matchmake, and I still zone into an empty forge at least 50% of the time. I can only hold one event-starting-doodad at a time, and while some days I find fresh ones scattered all over the map after a round, on most days I use mine, everybody else in the zone uses theirs, and we stand around staring at each other for a minute before everyone leaves to farm another one outside. If I want a specific type of boss for one or both of the weekly bounties, that makes the doodads that drop 50-75% useless. The drop rate on them definitely feels low enough that I'm spending at least as much time farming as I am fighting, just to finish my bounties. And Randos in the forge seem to be extra stupid, compared to the ones I run into on strikes, at zone events, etc. I have no idea what it is about them, but there seems to be a huge concentration of players who don't understand that hitting an Exploder Shank with an Axe is a stupid idea.

But more than any of this, the fights are boring. For 99% of the match, a bunch of trash spawns from different doors, and runs single-file into my bullets. Sometimes an alarm bell rings, but whatever it indicates doesn't seem to actually change how the fights happen in any way significant enough for me to actually identify it. Whoever gets to the Boss Spawning Pod first with an axe or a charged super will vaporize them before anyone else can blink.

CoO in comparison isn't the most amazing content, but it cuts out a ton of those frustrations, and at least has the various boss gimmicks to add variety to the fights.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular

Also for folks like Grey Ghost that might not have seen, there's an update today that bumps blue engrams to 365 and purples to 385, getting to a respectable light level should be way easier now.

Bolded the flaw. It's miserable solo. I crouch-walk from further and further back from the stairs each time to give it time to matchmake, and I still zone into an empty forge at least 50% of the time. I can only hold one event-starting-doodad at a time, and while some days I find fresh ones scattered all over the map after a round, on most days I use mine, everybody else in the zone uses theirs, and we stand around staring at each other for a minute before everyone leaves to farm another one outside. If I want a specific type of boss for one or both of the weekly bounties, that makes the doodads that drop 50-75% useless. The drop rate on them definitely feels low enough that I'm spending at least as much time farming as I am fighting, just to finish my bounties. And Randos in the forge seem to be extra stupid, compared to the ones I run into on strikes, at zone events, etc. I have no idea what it is about them, but there seems to be a huge concentration of players who don't understand that hitting an Exploder Shank with an Axe is a stupid idea.

But more than any of this, the fights are boring. For 99% of the match, a bunch of trash spawns from different doors, and runs single-file into my bullets. Sometimes an alarm bell rings, but whatever it indicates doesn't seem to actually change how the fights happen in any way significant enough for me to actually identify it. Whoever gets to the Boss Spawning Pod first with an axe or a charged super will vaporize them before anyone else can blink.

CoO in comparison isn't the most amazing content, but it cuts out a ton of those frustrations, and at least has the various boss gimmicks to add variety to the fights.

I have good luck going through the forge, killing the guys in the cave, then climbing back out. Bonus if I can get a kill the Captain patrol.

Alarm bell indicates that you have a chance to spawn three Iron Lord hammers. When your ghost says something about alarms or something's up or whatever, that means you have a limited time to kill enough SIVA nodes to spawn the hammers. Usually the first node is in one of the side domes and once you kill it you have to kill like three other nodes or something like that in a limited time.

It's funny because sometimes your ghost says "They're trying to tempt us...". If you have a Perfected Servitor or Captain, the axes can do more harm than good, because those two bosses have an AoE melee stomp that just kills you. People try to melee with the axes, get stomped, then lure others to try and rescue them and then they get stomped. I've seen Forge losses because of this. The Perfected Servitor can be an honest to god DPS race.

If you have a Fused offering, just start it. Fused can be solo'd pretty easily if needed and you'll usually get more players before you're done.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I can definitely see all of that. I haven't had trouble getting into a group and it seems like if you get into a session with one or two other people and stick it out for a bit that more people will matchmake in with you. I've also had fine luck getting SIVA offerings to drop in Forge, again with a group of four to six I've been able to roll straight through for as long as I've wanted.

I guess how you feel about the fights is going to come down to personal preference, for me running around the big circle in CoO and shooting hive and gimmicking the bosses is way more boring than the Forge. I'm into trash mobs running single file into my bullets, if I've got to farm it might as well be relatively painless, but by the same token I find the Forge's presentation to be better than the Court.

I'll also say that Perfected level offerings can be legitimately tricky if you're with a bunch of numbskull randos and that at least keeps it interesting.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Did they buff Three of Coins? I ran three strikes, got three exotics
    Maybe the number god just likes me

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Rise campaign felt super short, beat the last mission and assumed that it was like, the end of the first chapter or something but nope, just grinding to get enough light for the raid. Taken King was a lot longer and gave a much better sense of purpose for what I was doing.

• Options
    Can you only get one elemental sword per character?

• Options
    august wrote: »
    Can you only get one elemental sword per character?
    You can get all three on each. Shaxx sells them for legendary marks.

• Options

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    After wow raid I upload it but I got probably the sickest accidental void arrow kill and snare in the history of the world

A guy jumped in fromt of me and it was beautiful because it woukd have missed so badly otherwise

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    so buddies just sent me this game

it seems pretty fun! I miss playing bungie stuff, it turns out

is there anything I should know for picking my class beyond the superficial/immediate clues of "titan is tougher, hunter is more agile, warlock throws spells or something"

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

is there anything I should know for picking my class beyond the superficial/immediate clues of "titan is tougher, hunter is more agile, warlock throws spells or something"

Their jumping mechanics and ultimate abilities differ pretty greatly, but yeah you have the general idea.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Melee and Grenade abilities too, I should also say.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Titan is the fastest, skate forever and never stop zooming

Hunters are styling and profiling and have sick ups

Warlocks are OP

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    fuck, "skate forever" sounds pretty good. I didn't know that was on the table

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

Not really; you've got three character slots, so it's not too important as you can just have a character for each class.

• Options

Not really; you've got three character slots, so it's not too important as you can just have a character for each class.

yeah, I should have that "instant level 40" bump to use on one of them though (and I don't have enough time to where I'm gonna be grinding em all, really) so i wanna blow that with a semi-informed decision

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The thing to remember about picking a class is that there's (sort of) 9 classes. Each class (Titan, Warlock, Hunter) splits into 3 subclasses, one for each elemental damage type, that you can swap at will with their own unique grenade, melee, super, and passive abilities. They still have the same jump and use the same armor and have similar stats, but can play VERY differently. You start with one for each class, but unlock a second at level 15 and the third after you finish a quest you can start at level 25, after finishing the first mission in the Taken King questline.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    There is very little reason to play anything but warlock sunsingers

But I love hunters

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    what does sunsingers' power do

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    It starts as damage and grenade regen buff

It ends with you being able to revive yourself with your super, even in modes where other players cant revive you

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    what does sunsingers' power do

The big thing sunsingers have going for them is that they can self revive if they die while their super is ready. It's super duper good, if a bit boring compared to going on star wars emperor lightning rampages

Steam ID
  • Options
    It starts as damage and grenade regen buff

It ends with you being able to revive yourself with your super, even in modes where other players cant revive you

ok but is that honestly better than this one where it seems you become a sith lord

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    The sith lord one requires you to get close to enemies who can still shoot and oneshot you

Every boss has a aoe melee attack so your super will never be used outside of getting rid of adds

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I mean you can switch back and forth between subclasses whenever you want, so you don't have to make a hard choice between those two particular ones. Takes a while to level up a subclass from scratch though

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Titan is the fastest everyone else is 2slow

zoom zoom gotta go fast

This discussion has been closed.