As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's all true, especially the [chat]

AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk!The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
This is a chat about Elim Garak, hero of a thousand tales

Is he a spy? A renegade? An assassin? Of course not, he's merely a simple tailor.

https://youtu.be/hZKHKDGQ7co

https://youtu.be/t02v9EUHs30

https://youtu.be/PfZQLksfbVk

Lh96QHG.png

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Here's $5 go see a star war

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Can't you play as a lady farmer and seduce all the violinists you want?

what

simonwolf on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Garak is a manipulative spy.

"Do you know what the sad part is, Odo? I'm a very good tailor."

emnmnme on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i haven't watched ds9 or tng
    fake nerd

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I think "You blew up your own shop?!" is one of my fav Garak centric moments.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

what

You can choose from a male or female farmer now.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    Does Harvest Moon have gay marriage, yet, or does it still subscribe to toxic heteronormativity

My man-farmer wants to make a life with that foreign violinist dude, damn it

They probably want to discourage man-farming. Sure, it is attractive and rewarding to some in the short term, but in the long run all that grinding takes away from the core gameplay and will eventually turn people off.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
  • Options
    Interactions between Quark and Garak were regrettably few. They were both characters you love to hate.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

what

Right, but I want my man-farmer to marry the violinist dude

Saying I can just become a woman and marry all the dudes I want is a bit Iranian

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I want to do a sum of all the articles in a single year that that say x behavior or situation costs the economy $y billion per year.

I bet it would be more than the GDP for that year.

spool32 on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I feel like doing another dragon age run with a dude

I like the dude voice in that game quite a bit, I've found

If I do I'm gonna romance Dorian, which will make it three to one romanced dudes vs. ladies

Why are there so many sexy dudes

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I want to do a sum of all the articles in a single year that that say x behavior or situation costs the economy $y billion per year.

all counterfactuals are bunkus

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Playing with drums in GarageBand is like my favorite iPhone game

• Options
    What about those ones that say like "a retweet from (famous person) is worth 1.2 million dollars".

really? Can I just get the money then instead of the retweet?

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

That's not unreasonable, really (if the estimates are good, which is the hard part). Lost growth is still loss.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

If we didn't require herculean justifications for research funding we wouldn't have to use economic arguments so much.

• Options
    I want to watch a professional football game today but there's just BAL/PIT.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

I really need Tucker to kick more fieldgoals

fucking ravens

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

what

Right, but I want my man-farmer to marry the violinist dude

Saying I can just become a woman and marry all the dudes I want is a bit Iranian

Well, that's what they've got. Write a letter to Natsume; the letter-writing campaign to Nintendo over Tamadochi Life not having gay relationships worked and Nintendo more or less promised to include them if there is a sequel.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

LeVeon Bell just pulled off the longest 11 yard run I've ever seen for a TD

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    You shouldn't be 3 sheets into the wind when you operate a sail boat.

• Options

That's not unreasonable, really (if the estimates are good, which is the hard part). Lost growth is still loss.

Lost growth not the same as "drinking costs the nation $40b per year!" and the like.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    home from work

beer poured

pants off

#adulthood

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Garak says anime is good.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Lost growth not the same as "drinking costs the nation $40b per year!" and the like.

Not the least of which because I feel like drinking probably earns the nation $400b per year

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

There's no anime in Star Trek. It is an art lost to the ages.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/magazine/06suicide-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print
    For generations, the people of Britain heated their homes and fueled their stoves with coal gas. While plentiful and cheap, coal-derived gas could also be deadly; in its unburned form, it released very high levels of carbon monoxide, and an open valve or a leak in a closed space could induce asphyxiation in a matter of minutes. This extreme toxicity also made it a preferred method of suicide. “Sticking one’s head in the oven” became so common in Britain that by the late 1950s it accounted for some 2,500 suicides a year, almost half the nation’s total.

Those numbers began dropping over the next decade as the British government embarked on a program to phase out coal gas in favor of the much cleaner natural gas. By the early 1970s, the amount of carbon monoxide running through domestic gas lines had been reduced to nearly zero. During those same years, Britain’s national suicide rate dropped by nearly a third, and it has remained close to that reduced level ever since.

How can this be? After all, if the impulse to suicide is primarily rooted in mental illness and that illness goes untreated, how does merely closing off one means of self-destruction have any lasting effect? At least a partial answer is that many of those Britons who asphyxiated themselves did so impulsively. In a moment of deep despair or rage or sadness, they turned to what was easy and quick and deadly — “the execution chamber in everyone’s kitchen,” as one psychologist described it — and that instrument allowed little time for second thoughts. Remove it, and the process slowed down; it allowed time for the dark passion to pass.

Quite inadvertently, the British gas conversion proved that the incidence of suicide across an entire society could be radically reduced, upending the conventional wisdom about suicide in the process.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    If all of us in this country just gave up our vices and worked our hardest for 40 hours a week, then went home to our families and used free time to make babies and stay in peak physical condition and learn news skills, this nation of ubermensch could take over the planet. GDP of infinity.

I'd cut my own throat obviously but...

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

lonelyballpit.jpg

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Wasn't Harvest Moon the game where
    Potential Spoiler:
    if you play as a female farmer and get married it's game over, but if you're a guy you get to keep playing?

I think I read that somewhere like in a Cracked article or something. So, grain of salt and all that.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That red hedgehog is jacked

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

There's no anime in Star Trek. It is an art lost to the ages.
    Maybe Starfleet just screens out weaboos.

• Options
    Actually...it's an echidna

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    If all of us in this country just gave up our vices and worked our hardest for 40 hours a week, then went home to our families and used free time to make babies and stay in peak physical condition and learn news skills, this nation of ubermensch could take over the planet. GDP of infinity.

I'd cut my own throat obviously but...

I feel this would lead to an economically unhealthy lack of consumption.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    That red hedgehog is jacked

Sanicland doesn't have any PED testing programs.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wasn't Harvest Moon the game where
    Potential Spoiler:
    if you play as a female farmer and get married it's game over, but if you're a guy you get to keep playing?

I think I read that somewhere like in a Cracked article or something. So, grain of salt and all that.

I'm not sure, but the series has never really been noted for its progressiveness

You get random progressive things out of Japan but on the whole there's a lot of really regressive roles in some of their media

(Not that the US is super egalitarian, but the sexism of stuff coming out of the us is usually less role-y and more hyperobjectification-y)

This discussion has been closed.