As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's all true, especially the [chat]

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Wasn't Harvest Moon the game where
    Potential Spoiler:
    if you play as a female farmer and get married it's game over, but if you're a guy you get to keep playing?

I think I read that somewhere like in a Cracked article or something. So, grain of salt and all that.

Not that I recall, unless it was in one of the very, very, very old ones that actually had goals (e.g. if you aren't married by X time, you lose, since I think you play as your kid at some point).

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    That red hedgehog is jacked

Kettlebells for daaayyyyz

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Potential Spoiler:
    if you play as a female farmer and get married it's game over, but if you're a guy you get to keep playing?

I think I read that somewhere like in a Cracked article or something. So, grain of salt and all that.

This is how it works in real life too.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Potential Spoiler:

There's, like, a million Harvest Moon games at this point

I think that only happens in one of the PSP games - in Tale of Two Towns and other games where you can play as either gender, you can keep playing after marriage regardless

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    There are reports of a second shooting outside a city/town hall in Inglis, Florida.

http://www.rt.com/usa/317311-inglis-shooting-town-hall/

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    P10 wrote: »
    i haven't watched ds9 or tng
    fake nerd

Get thee to Netflix.

http://www.netflix.com

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Garak says anime is good.

There's no anime in Star Trek. It is an art lost to the ages.
    Maybe Starfleet just screens out weaboos.

Typed in 'star trek anime' into GIS. Other than a few Spock-Kirk yaoi drawings, the two don't seem to mesh well despite both being popular.

• Options
    Knuckles looks like the kind of guy who grunt-screams in the free weight section at Gold's. Or the guy who won't shut up about the WOD.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Typed in 'star trek anime' into GIS. Other than a few Spock-Kirk yaoi drawings, the two don't seem to mesh well despite both being popular.

A Star Trek anime would have to be like that DS9 episode with the ship crewed by all cadets.

Real Star Fleet officers are all far too old to be animes.

• Options
    In Trek the anime nerds don't need anime, when they can find catgirls at the local space bar.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    People discrediting the Escapist report on RSI because they supported Gamergate or something.

That makes no sense.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Potential Spoiler:

This is how it works in real life too.
    not always

i believe the research has shown the link between guns and suicides to be similar. i can't remember if getting rid of access to guns reduces rate of attempt but it reduces success rate dramatically

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    If all of us in this country just gave up our vices and worked our hardest for 40 hours a week, then went home to our families and used free time to make babies and stay in peak physical condition and learn news skills, this nation of ubermensch could take over the planet. GDP of infinity.

I'd cut my own throat obviously but...

don't wanna go all Thomas Aquinas here, but even 13th century theologians acknowledged / argued for the necessity of allowing for vices lest we all elliott smith ourselves

That is to say, it would be a popular opinion to argue that the pursuit of the common good doesn't always have to override the pursuit of individual happiness (as for whether the former should categorically outweigh the latter, well.........)

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    People discrediting the Escapist report on RSI because they supported Gamergate or something.

That makes no sense.

RSI?

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

A Star Trek anime would have to be like that DS9 episode with the ship crewed by all cadets.

Real Star Fleet officers are all far too old to be animes.

Umm... But they are ships not mecha. Olds traditionally captain starships in anime, and the crew start around 17-20 for lowish roles.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

That makes no sense.

RSI?

Roberts Space Industries

Star Citizen

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think you quoted the wrong post p10 but yes I agree with what I think you meant.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

That makes no sense.

RSI?

Roberts Space Industries

Star Citizen

Sometimes doing something shitty can negatively effect how people take the truth, because their credibility is down. I don't know much about Star Citizen so I can't tell if they're right or not.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    "...But the most damning thing of all? I think I can live with it."

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    you dare to let E.S.'s name past your filthy, parched lips?

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I like that the Cardassians built a device that locks shapeshifters into their current form but it's a prototype and gets destroyed

that would've come in handy in the last few seasons

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Positive: I have acquired Coney Island Hard Root Beer

Negative: I wasn't carded :sad:

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    I think you quoted the wrong post p10 but yes I agree with what I think you meant.
    responding to two different things

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Kiwi plumber on holiday in Ibiza

LD_waterfall.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Move to New Zealand

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    you dare to let E.S.'s name past your filthy, parched lips?

Edward Sallow, the man who would go on to be better known by his imperial title, Caesar

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    star citizen being a clusterfuck wouldn't surprise me
    they got a lot of money, definitely enough to do a triple A game, but not 3 or 4 triple A games simultaneously or whatever it is they are trying to do

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I like that the Cardassians built a device that locks shapeshifters into their current form but it's a prototype and gets destroyed

that would've come in handy in the last few seasons
    It probably wouldn't have scaled up anyway because tachyons or something.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    When it comes to technology do Star Trek races have trouble keeping up with the Cardassians?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

"How much damage could anyone do with hard root beer," the liquor store owner thought.

• Options
    Garak [chat]

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

i posted about this earlier.Coney Island rootbeer is not a positive. you basically need an insulin shot chaser.

Im glad I picked up a backup six pack.

• Options
    When it comes to technology do Star Trek races have trouble keeping up with the Cardassians?

It varies.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Star Trek, free of weaboos? On the contrary, Star Trek is the universe after weaboos take over and turn anime into ancient revered art.

For example: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Anbo-jyutsu

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    speaking of ES, i was listening to behind the bars the other day when a guy cut me off so i killed myself and some say my car is still on us-287

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    jYGKhHBm.jpg

oh...im also drinking the emergency back up cocktail i madeincase the Bell's amber didn't do the job.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Star Trek, free of weaboos? On the contrary, Star Trek is the universe after weaboos take over and turn anime into ancient revered art.

For example: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Anbo-jyutsu

VKW-star-trek-the-original-series-green-orion-slave-girl.jpg

• Options

Ohohoho

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Yessssssssss garak thread

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.