As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Next Episode: Ask Florida Man] Star Wars - The History of the Jedi...

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I have no idea what you are wanting.

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Basically an internet version of one of the old WEG sourcebooks based on a single work.

Like the Tales of the Jedi sourcebook.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    As long as there can be a chapter titled "Thought-Punches, by Duxa" I'm in.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I was thinking a few things...

1) Synopses of the episodes
    2) Planets visited as well as bits of what's important there
    3) NPCs, same sort of thing as above

Also I sent y'all a link to a spreadsheet with a bunch of music. Feel free to contribute to it as much as you like!

• Options
    I was thinking about it and my little brother (not Buddha but another one) makes music from rock to hiphop to techno/dupstep. I could ask if he could make something up special for us.

• Options
    I asked my brother and he said he'll see if he can come up with something. It will give him a reason to try out his new Theremin.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So we didn't actually come to a resolution with the group currently split 2-2 I think?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    To reiterate my earlier statement; I just don't see any way I can justify Duxa leaving for dathomir under these circumstances, at least not in character. As a player I think Duxa on dathomir would be rather entertaining, and probably effect the results in a rather... dramatic way.

But someone is going to have to make the hard sell for that in character to get her to go.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
  • Options
    No one told me I sound like a kid going through puberty! I thought you guys were my friends!

• Options
    Side note: we were going to have Kik'tl make/modify a rifle with a stun function for Rayner for reasons that seem pretty silly now that we've determined that Rayner can just shoot random things to make things happen to bad people.

Plus apparently there are vibro-machetes. So, obviously, that's a must have. (The Seeker book has a lot of really cool survival gear, frankly. Also cool Jedi stuff.)

There is the LBR-9 Stun Rifle (not kidding) in the Explorer Book. It's 10 damage, no crit, long range, 6 encumberance, 2800 creds, Disorient 2 and obviously does Stun damage.

Of course there's also custom work (from the Tech Book): Energy Rifles are Hard mechanics checks to produce. There's a ton of spending options based on advantages and triumphs (and also flaws to build in based on threats and despairs). One of them is adding the Stun 3 quality.

Rayner and Kik'tl may have discussed this; they can likely make some credits on the side selling Kik'tl's experiments. It isn't as if there's much else to do while transiting about and if they have the parts available -- and they've got some -- why not mess about with them?

• Options
    Blastswordchucks

• Options
    Just realized that I didn't send invites for the next session. Here it is! I realize that it's in the OP, but figure it's always better to have something formal. If it's too late and there are conflicts, we can reschedule.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    So it's been two weeks and a PAX since we last played.

What was the burning debate again?

Head to spookyforcewitchtown or sit on our thumbs and watch the galaxy burn?

• Options
    Oats wrote: »

Head to spookyforcewitchtown or sit on our thumbs and watch the galaxy burn not abandon the Academy and refugees we keep dumping on it?

FTFY.

Kik's totally on board with trying to get Rayner a non-murderiffic weapon, it's on my to do list! I was going to try and sort that out before next session but it sorta snuck up on me here.

• Options
    Right.

That was the other side.

We should maybe also investigate (if babysitting) why the dark side seems to be creepin' round and spooking our crystal-shitting bugmonsters.

Also how has Luke not noticed that yet?

• Options

Head to spookyforcewitchtown or sit on our thumbs and watch the galaxy burn not abandon the Academy and refugees we keep dumping on it?

FTFY.

Kik's totally on board with trying to get Rayner a non-murderiffic weapon, it's on my to do list! I was going to try and sort that out before next session but it sorta snuck up on me here.
    Do you need the Tech construction charts or anything? Also Rayner can give you another proficiency die.

• Options
    Ardent wrote: »

FTFY.

Do you need the Tech construction charts or anything? Also Rayner can give you another proficiency die.

I only have the Armor chart so probably? That or you can tell me what to roll. I don't think Kik is likely to NOT build things the way Rayner prefers for Rayner's gear.

• Options
    Creating a heavy energy rifle is a daunting (4 purple) check that takes 1 day and costs 1k credits. 10 damage, 3 crit, long range, cumbersome 3.

Leftover advantage and triumph can be spent on qualities (like stun).

• Options
    For the record, building blastswordchucks is the same check over two days.

Just sayin.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Heavy Energy Rifles are Gunnery weapons, though. Blaster rifles are Energy Rifles, which is a Hard (3 purps) check that takes 16 hours and costs 450 credits (or you have parts lying around -- which we probably do). Every success past the first cuts 2 hours off the work time (to a minimum of 1).

Edit to add: there may be value in accepting a couple of throwaway efforts because there are spends that reduce difficulty on subsequent checks. i.e. we could spend 10 credits and an hour making a bow (2 purps) to take the Lessons Learned bonus twice, which would make the rifle check 1 purp difficulty. Because gaming the system is the correct approach...

Ardent on
  • Options
    That's a weird inconsistency. Both examples given for heavy energy rifles are Ranged Heavy weapons.

• Options
    All I'm saying is that if somebody doesn't help Duxa build blastswordchucks, she's going to do it herself.

And nobody wants that.

• Options
    Alright, to reiterate: Rayner has delivered super bad news about Dathomir and how the First Order is trying to persuade the Dathomiri Witches to join them (maybe).

But the Rising Knights also have an Academy with 1.3 Jedi Masters, neither of whom are up for managing the schedules of all of the trainees, or even teaching classes.

Currently we're sitting a 2 votes to go to Dathomir and 2 votes to stay on Yavin and manage the Academy.

• Options
    Dur'rahl would vote Academy, but he doesn't know about Dathomir.

• Options
    What's the approximate student/refugee/stray kitten population of the academy at this point, anyway?

• Options
    For those of you asking, Mic is a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QJOZS4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Audio-technica ATR2100.

• Options
    Geth roll 1eF

1eF 2 Light Side [1eF=LS/LS]

• Options
    Ranged Weapon Crafting Spends:
    0d1ocluxfw51.png

• Options
    Geth roll 2eA+1eP+1eF+2eD+1eS

2eA+1eP+1eF+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph, 1 Light Side [2eA=S, S/A] [1eP=Tr] [1eF=LS] [2eD=Th/Th, F/Th] [1eS=-]

• Options
    Geth roll 2eP+1eA+2eD

2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 threat [2eP=S, S/S] [1eA=S] [2eD=F/Th, Th]

• Options
    Geth roll 3eP+3eD

3eP+3eD 3 failures, 3 advantage [3eP=A/A, S/A, -] [3eD=F, F, F/F]

• Options
    Geth roll 2eP+1eA+1eF+3eD

2eP+1eA+1eF+3eD 1 Dark Side [2eP=A/A, S] [1eA=S] [1eF=DS] [3eD=F, Th/Th, F]

• Options
    Geth roll 2eP+1eA+1eF+2eD

2eP+1eA+1eF+2eD 2 successes, 2 Dark Side [2eP=S, S] [1eA=S] [1eF=DS/DS] [2eD=F, -]

• Options
    Dur'rahl walks the light to find the darkness.

• Options
    Kik'tlKraft A-1 Blaster Rifle | Ranged (Heavy) | 9 | 3 | Extreme | 4 | 4 | Priceless | Disorient 2, Stun 3

• Options
    Don't forget the hard points. It could get even more Kik'tl-tastic.

• Options
  • Options
    Student Body gets +1 Rank Survival from Triumph
    Student Body gets +1 Boost Dice for reaching out to the Force and avoiding the call of the Dark Side
    Student Body gets +1 Boost Dice for all combat checks