As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Spider-Man - Homecoming trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99U

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I just can't handle another beginning to the Peter Parker story. It looks fine but so did the last two.

• Options
    Good news - it's not an origin story.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Fooled me! I mean, I'll watch it, cuz spidey.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I really like the actor they got here. I'm down.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Fooled me! I mean, I'll watch it, cuz spidey.

Is he still a teenager? Origin story!

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Well, he did get bit already, and has been superheroing, so I'd disagree.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    The line "You're not ready." is literally said to him. Clue!

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    To go by Civil War,
    Uncle Ben has already kicked the bucket, he got bitten by a radioactive/GM spider offscreen and Peter's been swinging around Queens in a onesie for a while before Stark kitted him out, so.

Not an origin story.

Kneel on
    Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    The line "You're not ready." is literally said to him. Clue!

Still in high school, not an origin story. A lot of good spidey stories still happen when he's in school or just coming out. I don't think this flick will cover how he got bit by a spider and uncle ben and all that.

• Options
    At best we might get a montage of scenes during the opening credits or maybe some flashbacks.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Spiderman in school is the best setting for the character.

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I don't think this flick will cover how he got bit by a spider and uncle ben and all that.

Requesting an alternate universe movie where Peter gets his powers after being bitten by a radioactive Uncle Ben.

He can make rice with his mind

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Wait... so birdman was a prequel to Spiderman?

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Wait... so birdman was a prequel to Spiderman?

Yes.

• Options
    Kneel wrote: »
    To go by Civil War,
    Uncle Ben has already kicked the bucket, he got bitten by a radioactive/GM spider offscreen and Peter's been swinging around Queens in a onesie for a while before Stark kitted him out, so.

Not an origin story.

Thank God. This is one character we don't need an origin story for. *glances at B vs S*

• Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I mean, it looks origin story-ish. Maybe not technically, but y'know. He's clearly a newbie to the whole heroing thing and doing all the newbie to the whole heroing thing bits. Kinda like starting in Act 2 of the origin story.

I just wish, can't they find a way to do the older Spidey years without it being a hokey and dumb? Do we really have to rehash his early days every few years?

My favorite one is still Raimi's first sequel.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    OremLK wrote: »
    I mean, it looks origin story-ish. Maybe not technically, but y'know. He's clearly a newbie to the whole heroing thing and doing all the newbie to the whole heroing thing bits. Kinda like starting in Act 2 of the origin story.

I just wish, can't they find a way to do the older Spidey years without it being a hokey and dumb? Do we really have to rehash his early days every few years?

My favorite one is still Raimi's first sequel.

None of the previous films did his early years though. They all tried to get his ass out of school as fast as they could. They aren't rehashing his early days because they've basically never done them.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    The Ultimate Spider-man comic series is proof that Spidey's at his best when he's still in highschool. He experiences all the important events and villain encounters, it's just he has to juggle highschool drama while he's at it.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    The Ultimate Spider-man comic series is proof that Spidey's at his best when he's still in highschool. He experiences all the important events and villain encounters, it's just he has to juggle highschool drama while he's at it.

Not really, Spider-man works in various eras. His college and adult days are entertaining too. We've never gotten an adult Parker yet, I'd like to have this Peter get to that stage in his life.

• Options
    Different strokes, but yeah: nothing is best when in highschool. It's CW drama, normal drama is bad enough. I'm not going to give a fig about him being late for class or mooning over someone and getting rejected...

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I just think it's fun seeing him brought back to bs like highschool drama and staying awake in English class, after a long night of superheroics.

Plus adult him as a photographer for the Daily Bugle is boring as fuck.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Different strokes, but yeah: nothing is best when in highschool. It's CW drama, normal drama is bad enough. I'm not going to give a fig about him being late for class or mooning over someone and getting rejected...

That's why Spider-man would be perfect for a CW show.
    I just think it's fun seeing him brought back to bs like highschool drama and staying awake in English class, after a long night of superheroics.

His job is the least interesting thing about him as an adult (and he has that job as a kid - aside from USM), it's everything else in his life and how he's grown into a man that makes it fascinating.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options

His job is the least interesting thing about him as an adult (and he has that job as a kid - aside from USM), it's everything else in his life and how he's grown into a man that makes it fascinating.
    Personally I think he's at his most interesting when he's still trying to find himself as a kid. Although I do like when he's parent and mentoring the younger heroes.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

When they did this for Superman it was called "Smallville" having a show on the CW called "Queens" might cause some confusion.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    How is he not ready? He just had a punch up with half of the Avengers, but he's not ready to deal with the vulture?
    Is uncle Tony drunk again?

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »

When they did this for Superman it was called "Smallville" having a show on the CW called "Queens" might cause some confusion.

Unlike Smallville it actually suited Spider-man from the get-go, and the show drastically improved when he moved to Metropolis.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I had no idea Micheal Keaton was playing vulture? Anyway YES!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had no idea Micheal Keaton was playing vulture? Anyway YES!!!

No, not the Vulture, Birdman is back!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    SPIDER MAN, SPIDER MAN

DOES WHATEVER IRON MAN SAYS

GOT A SUIT, AND A FRIEND

MICHAEL KEATON'S THE VILLAIN

LOOK OUT, MARVEL FIXED SPIDER MAN!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Man, every line Woody says in the Planet of the War of the Apes of the Planet of the Wars of the Apes trailer is really bad. Super cheesy stuff. The writers of Pullman's Independence Day speech would have told them to tone it down a touch.

And, yeah, there's always an inherent threat of that in a movie like this, but given their take and direction, it seems like a misstep.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i get it from a marketing standpoint but i don't want "a lot" of iron man in my spidey movie. Because the ultimate question (that they will have to answer) is why doesn't Iron Man just take care of the Vulture?

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i get it from a marketing standpoint but i don't want "a lot" of iron man in my spidey movie. Because the ultimate question (that they will have to answer) is why doesn't Iron Man just take care of the Vulture?

The trailer indicates that might be a plot point. Tony saying Peter should avoid The Vulture because "There are people who handle that sort of thing" is obviously going to pay off in some way.

• Options
    Thankfully, these folks exist.

https://youtu.be/OLRsu4mJmyU

• Options
    I hurts my heart that all the Live Action Transformers movies all suck.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They don't suck, they're brilliant.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Thankfully, these folks exist.

https://youtu.be/OLRsu4mJmyU

I'm going to be perfectly honest.

This is the first Transformer's movie I'll see in theaters since....since the first one, actually.

Give me evil Optimus Prime and significant changes to the roster, I'm all for it.