Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    pretty sure Optimus was evil in all the movies.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    It does look better than the last couple, but man, I dunno, I just think they've done a poor job overall with the Transformers franchise. It could be so much more!

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Oh my god don't give Michael Bay your money, people. This is like when people tried to front like the new Kevin James movie was worth a watch. It doesn't matter if it's maybe slightly better than the previous dogshit, don't encourage them!

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    How is he not ready? He just had a punch up with half of the Avengers, but he's not ready to deal with the vulture?
    Is uncle Tony drunk again?

That's was a not-so-friendly brawl. Notice soon as shit got real things came to screeching halt.

Baby Spiderman hasn't gone up against anyone trying to kill him and being capable of it yet.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

He tears someone's face off.
    While screaming "Give me your face!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPfQfyPRG9c

That's ... that's not what a sane person does.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    They don't suck, they're brilliant.

No.

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    The Transformers movies might work as 90-minute explosionfests but dragging them out over the two-hour mark somehow manages to render them boring. I enjoyed the first one, but the second and third were simply difficult to keep watching without zoning out for ten minutes at a time.

I didn't even bother with the fourth.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The fourth was good for the first 90 minutes. But after that it takes a massive nosedive in enjoyment.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Kneel wrote: »
    The Transformers movies might work as 90-minute explosionfests but dragging them out over the two-hour mark somehow manages to render them boring. I enjoyed the first one, but the second and third were simply difficult to keep watching without zoning out for ten minutes at a time.

I didn't even bother with the fourth.

The films work in segments to mock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz9OgW4JAJ8

Comedy gold.

If the movies were filled with terrible scene like this at least I could love them as guilty pleasures, but nope.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    shryke wrote: »

You know what else was crazy? Bay had to be convinced to let Frank Welker Peter Cullen be Optimus Prime, and Bay made him audition for it.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

You know what else was crazy? Bay had to be convinced to let Frank Welker be Optimus Prime, and Bay made him audition for it.

Frank Welker doesn't voice Optimus, it's Peter Cullen.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    As someone with no Transformers nostalgia, I kind of don't see why Bay should have automatically hired some guy who voiced a cartoon.

It's possibly silly not to consider it at all if there's a fan demand, but it's made out to be a much bigger deal than it is, and had someone else done it, it wouldn't have made any real difference in terms of money.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Grislo wrote: »
    As someone with no Transformers nostalgia, I kind of don't see why Bay should have automatically hired some guy who voiced a cartoon.

It's possibly silly not to consider it at all if there's a fan demand, but it's made out to be a much bigger deal than it is, and had someone else done it, it wouldn't have made any real difference in terms of money.

Maybe not, but it wouldn't have hurt either. It's not like anyone notices Hugo Weaving was Megatron.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Oh my god don't give Michael Bay your money, people. This is like when people tried to front like the new Kevin James movie was worth a watch. It doesn't matter if it's maybe slightly better than the previous dogshit, don't encourage them!

True Confessions of an International Assassin was legitimately funny. It had no right to be, but it was great.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i get it from a marketing standpoint but i don't want "a lot" of iron man in my spidey movie. Because the ultimate question (that they will have to answer) is why doesn't Iron Man just take care of the Vulture?

So during a big mix up a few years back that I really enjoyed, doc ock took over peter parkers body and became spiderman. An early opponent is the vulture, who he knows personally
    He finds out that vulture has plans for a giant heist so he can retire. Ock goes "this is fucking stupid you are doing this for mere money? I'll give you 20 million right now if you just stop and retire forever and no one gets hurt(Doc has infinite wealth because hes smart, but is in it for the science). Then one of his minions attacks spiderman, and after hitting back, realizes the vulture has been mind controlling children to be his henchmen instead of hiring little people(which was a thing I guess?) and he realizes the kind of people spiderman actually is fighting and how the vulture isnt who he thinks he is.

So the answer is it's because he's a bone fide monster who uses his illness as a veneer for his enjoyment in what he does. He is not the tragic villain doing bad things to be able to save his own life.

He continously just straight up lies to humanity through the 4 movies, I think hes actually delusional and believes his crazy rhetoric. Every time hes caught off guard he becomes completely unhinged

End of the third movie the villain and temporary ally megatron are executed point blank while asking for a truce or for mercy. Basically megatron when offering a hand to get up, was hit with a battleaxe to the face. Then the villian begs for mercy and optimus just shoots him in the face. (there's a lot of focusing on ripping faces apart in the transformer series)

steam_sig.png
  • Options

He continously just straight up lies to humanity through the 4 movies, I think hes actually delusional and believes his crazy rhetoric. Every time hes caught off guard he becomes completely unhinged

End of the third movie the villain and temporary ally megatron are executed point blank while asking for a truce or for mercy. Basically megatron when offering a hand to get up, was hit with a battleaxe to the face. Then the villian begs for mercy and optimus just shoots him in the face. (there's a lot of focusing on ripping faces apart in the transformer series)

Michael Bay wakes up every morning and looks himself in the mirror to remind himself why he started on this crusade to destroy faces everywhere.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Theres definitely a lot of identity play/theming in the movie series. He didnt have the same control of 4 but it felt pretty close to the kind of dumb shit he does. I'm legitimately excited to see what he does in 5. It's like what I imagine a movie version of if Kojima made a licensed game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    the transformers films are just hateful and dumb, it goes beyond optimus prime himself. Theres the scene in 4 where a good guy kills a caged alien because "its ugly", and the good guys talk about killing so much, like not destroying their enemies, but killing them. "ill kill you!" Its just thoughtless and shitty writing

Turtles 2 had glimpses and fragments of great stuff in it tho

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Are we REALLY defending freaking Megatron in this thread? No shit he got his face ripped off. He didn't J walk, people.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Are we REALLY defending freaking Megatron in this thread? No shit he got his face ripped off. He didn't J walk, people.

That wasn't Megatron, that was The Fallen. Granted, The Fallen is essentially Transformer Satan, but is face ripping really necessary?

Just saying, if these were human combatants, ripping off someone's face in battle, regardless of how bad they may be, is probably a war crime.

• Options

Uh, Megatron gets his spine ripped out in the 3rd movie. After asking for a truce. And before the other bad guy gets executed gangster style while begging for mercy. The guy who gets his face ripped off is The Fallen and that's in movie #2.

Generally being hungry for detached faces is not the sign of either a good guy or a sane individual. Starting a face-collection is generally reserved for, like, the bad guy in an episode of Criminal Minds.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    "The Fate of the Furious" is so fucking dumb, even for this franchise that magically pulled family out of its butt and is acting like it's always been there. And Scott Eastwood being Paul Walker jr is not good.

But yay Kurt Russell returns, and of course Statham would be working for them now Suicide Squad style, so I'm pumped.

I do hate how they're making Dom this magical Marty Stu in terms of taking on his whole team because he's that good. Dude's a walking mushmouth, come on brahs, come on.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    TexiKen wrote: »
    "The Fate of the Furious" is so fucking dumb, even for this franchise that magically pulled family out of its butt and is acting like it's always been there. And Scott Eastwood being Paul Walker jr is not good.

But yay Kurt Russell returns, and of course Statham would be working for them now Suicide Squad style, so I'm pumped.

I do hate how they're making Dom this magical Marty Stu in terms of taking on his whole team because he's that good. Dude's a walking mushmouth, come on brahs, come on.
    I didn't play that video before your post because I was sure "the fate of the furious" was a fucking parody.

Carpy on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    F8 of the Furious.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    With all these titles, it's hard sometimes to remember which F&F movie is which.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    The only thing I know about the Transformers movies is that i've never been put to sleep by any other action franchise.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    We played a drinking game while watching that trailer, and someone picked the word 'family'.

We lost two people. One is in critical condition. My liver has just escaped my body.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options

Uh, Megatron gets his spine ripped out in the 3rd movie. After asking for a truce. And before the other bad guy gets executed gangster style while begging for mercy. The guy who gets his face ripped off is The Fallen and that's in movie #2.

Generally being hungry for detached faces is not the sign of either a good guy or a sane individual. Starting a face-collection is generally reserved for, like, the bad guy in an episode of Criminal Minds.

Especially when this is supposed to be Optimus Prime. Autobot Jesus. He is not a Khorne Berserker. You know what? Give Bay, and Zach Snyder, WarHammer 40k films to direct. They'd love it, and it'd be true to the source material. Everybody's happy.
    The only thing I know about the Transformers movies is that i've never been put to sleep by any other action franchise.

If only we all were so lucky. lol

Watch other media where the IP isn't tarnished - like Beast Wars, G1, Transformers: The (Animated) Movie, and Transformers Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_25RK5GbJIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9YWLB0VhWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aCeJO8ght0

• Options
    edited December 2016
    TexiKen wrote: »

Yes, that's how this franchise rolls.

Scott's definitely the odd man out here.

Yay! Ramsey's back!

He's been like this through the whole franchise. He's actually worse in The Last Witch Hunter. lol

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I was bored to tears while watching TF4. At least there were some things I liked watching in TF3

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I was bored to tears while watching TF4. At least there were some things I liked watching in TF3

It is entertaining in how it lives up to its terrible reputation.

• Options
    TF4 is great only in that it spawned things like this review:
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/06/26/transformers-age-of-extinction-movie-review-it-stinks
    The other new group of robots is the Dinobots, but don’t get excited. They suck. They’re ‘legendary warriors’ who have been captured by Lockdown, and Prime frees them at the climactic battle before beating them into servitude in the name of ‘freedom.’ He literally tells one of the Dinobots that he is giving him freedom and follows that up with ‘You will defend my family or die!,’ which is a sentence that fairly well demonstrates not-freedom.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Optimus Prime ripped the face off someone in the original Transformers: The Movie. Or, crushed into the ground I guess. But it got cut because they thought it was "too violent" for kids. This after a long scene of him flying through the air bazooka-gunning the shit out of several Decepticons. Prime's a warrior. Destroying his enemies isn't anything new.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Optimus Prime ripped the face off someone in the original Transformers: The Movie. Or, crushed into the ground I guess. But it got cut because they thought it was "too violent" for kids. This after a long scene of him flying through the air bazooka-gunning the shit out of several Decepticons. Prime's a warrior. Destroying his enemies isn't anything new.

Prime is a warrior with a code, not an unhinged psychopath who can't control his urges to rip peoples face off or executing surrendering prisoners without restraint.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

You cant be evil when you are shooting your enemies with The Touch as your theme music.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I dunno man. You spend your entire nine million year long life trying to do what's best for your people then your predecessor and mentor betrays you and kills a bunch of them and brings all your enemies down on you, I'd say your code would probably go right out the window too.

:edit: Predecessor and mentor who you brought back to life to help you, too.

:second edit: Who also offered you and your allies safe passage into exile then attempted to kill you.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I dunno man. You spend your entire nine million year long life trying to do what's best for your people then your predecessor and mentor betrays you and kills a bunch of them and brings all your enemies down on you, I'd say your code would probably go right out the window too.

:edit: Predecessor and mentor who you brought back to life to help you, too.

Except that's how Prime's always been in the movies.

• Options
    The first movie Prime tried to sacrifice himself, it was Sam that chose to
    kill Megatron.

I'm not really sure I need to spoil Bayformers but better safe than sorry I guess.

nibXTE7.png