As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Winter Rift is Coming

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to trying out new Brand, probably in the jungle after patch tomorrow.

Mage patch is tomorrow?
    Ugh this mandates a brief break from ranked to try out reworked champs and items and see who ends up with crazy winrates, but I'm not ready to take a break...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Irelia W with new Guinsoo's and Fervor sounds even more nasty than old Guinsoo's.

Lifesteal isn't considered an on-hit effect, is it? I think on-hits might be buffed in general next patch.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I've got a bit of a suspicion that mana-using mages are going to struggle next patch, because mana regeneration seems like it's being removed or reduced from almost every item that has it.

In terms of reworks, Malzahar's is still the only one that on paper makes me say "What the fuck that's ridiculous".

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forwards to trying out both Brand and Veigar in support.

Veig now can farm champ hits for his q, and Brand's %health AOE? Yes please.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I've got a bit of a suspicion that mana-using mages are going to struggle next patch, because mana regeneration seems like it's being removed or reduced from almost every item that has it.

In terms of reworks, Malzahar's is still the only one that on paper makes me say "What the fuck that's ridiculous".

Didn't they mention somewhere in their notes about the item reworks that they were trying to give an identity to mana and mana regen as stats beyond More Spells?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Irelia W with new Guinsoo's and Fervor sounds even more nasty than old Guinsoo's.

Lifesteal isn't considered an on-hit effect, is it? I think on-hits might be buffed in general next patch.

I've completely abandoned Guinsoo's rush. Feels great in lane but sucks so much afterwards.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Champion info.

Discuss.

Ivellius Notes:
    Passive: Builds up MS against a wall.

Q: Gives "Worked Ground" area that gives her a bit of movement speed as well as some earth shards to fire at an enemy (only one if area is already "worked").

W: Marks a location before knocking them up (Vel'koz E, kind of). Can be reactivated to push targets in a particular direction.

E: Creates boulder zone that does initial damage and eventually explodes for more damage. Dashing out damages you, though walking is fine.

R: Creates a BIG wall. You can ride it.

Looks like a jungling kit if the bases are high enough. Riot aiming for a "control mage." Might be a useful support.

Ivellius on
    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    That is some cool-ass shit. Love the animations.

Holy shit her ult wall is actual terrain? As in you can block escape with it? Gat dang.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Taliyah's outfit is *very* cosplayable! Nice nice nice. I hope I enjoy playing her so I can get inspired for cosplay.

• Options
    That is some cool-ass shit. Love the animations.

Holy shit her ult wall is actual terrain? As in you can block escape with it? Gat dang.

Yep. They mention Poppy slamming people into it, I think.
    credeiki wrote: »
    Taliyah's outfit is *very* cosplayable! Nice nice nice. I hope I enjoy playing her so I can get inspired for cosplay.

Out of curiosity, do you cosplay? It's one of those things that I think "I would probably like to do that" but don't know anyone who does.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    edited May 2016

You know, I'm 30% through building a Star Wars Mando kit, but I haven't been super hyped to pick it back up recently, since I tend to be a bit ADD on projects. (God I hate that about myself)

I kind of want to build a LoL cosplay, for one because I can use EVA foam, which is forbidden for official Mando kits. But I need to lose about 10 more pounds and continue my workouts before I can realistically cosplay anyone from League. Have some ideas, like a gender-swapped Headhunter Nidalee which is essentially a Predator-type rig.

Edit:
    Taliyah on the PBE:
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/05/53-pbe-update-taliyah.html

AYYYYY THOSE NEW SKINS.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    "Hey guys, Sona seems unpopular and her players commonly say she feels weak. What can we do?"
    "I know, let's reduce her aura radius even further and dramatically increase her level 1 Q's cooldown."
    "Genius!"

PBE details, for reference;
    > Detailed changelist:
    >
    > Hymn of Valor (Q)
    > Aura Radius :: 350 >>> 250
    > Cd :: 8 >>> 12/10.5/9/7.5/6
    >
    > Aria of Perseverance (W)
    > Shield Strength :: 35/55/75/95/115 >>> 35/65/95/125/155
    >
    > Song of Celerity (E)
    > Self decaying MS :: 13/14/15/16/17% (+7.5%/100 AP) >>> 30/35/40/45/50% (+8%/100 AP)
    > Allied MS boost :: 10/11/12/13/14% (+3.5%/100 AP) >>> 12/13/14/15/16% (+5%/100 AP)
    >
    > Crescendo (R)
    > Points no longer increase Sona's Self MS boost on E

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    "Hey guys, Sona seems unpopular and her players commonly say she feels weak. What can we do?"
    "I know, let's reduce her aura radius even further and dramatically increase her level 1 Q's cooldown."
    "Genius!"

> Detailed changelist:
    >
    > Hymn of Valor (Q)
    >
    >
    > Song of Celerity (E)
    > Self decaying MS :: 13/14/15/16/17% (+7.5%/100 AP) >>> 30/35/40/45/50% (+8%/100 AP)
    > Allied MS boost :: 10/11/12/13/14% (+3.5%/100 AP) >>> 12/13/14/15/16% (+5%/100 AP)
    >
    > Crescendo (R)

Fuck that. She didn't need to get any weaker. It's also making her more powerful in other game modes where you get out of levels 1-4 very quickly.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    "Genius!"

wat

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    New Kindred skin is terrible and give me my popstar Kindred riot D:

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular

THE GALAXY SERIES IS EXCELLENT SHUT UP

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »

THE GALAXY SERIES IS EXCELLENT SHUT UP

I would also like them to add more skins to the Final Boss Battle line.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

This comment with the racter icon is glorious

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    "Genius!"

> Detailed changelist:
    >
    > Hymn of Valor (Q)
    >
    >
    > Song of Celerity (E)
    >
    > Crescendo (R)

Fuck that. She didn't need to get any weaker. It's also making her more powerful in other game modes where you get out of levels 1-4 very quickly.

Oh god. Aura radius down by like 25%? What are they on? They're already begging for wombo if you keep them on your team.

The Q change is... eh. Breaks even at 5, but taking her early poke threat is stupid, as its her main thing in lane - a lot of supports can zone her by existing post 3 because she's so squishy, but level 1 demands respect.

E is... well, it's about time? It was a worthless skill without lots of AP before. It may be why her radius is decreasing, but those buffs aren't enough to justify having to get right on someone to shield them.

W is a straight buff at least... aside from being shrunk so hard.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

For a while, Taliyah's ultimate was to target one piece of contiguous terrain on Summoner's Rift and destroy it for 15s.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

This comment with the racter icon is glorious

What like I can only cosplay Viktor :P
    Ivellius wrote: »

Out of curiosity, do you cosplay? It's one of those things that I think "I would probably like to do that" but don't know anyone who does.

Yes, although I am pretty bad at construction. At PAX I have been Raz (Psychonauts), Draven, Black Mage (kinda generic FF, not Vivi), and Chloe (Life is Strange), with the last one being the only high-quality cosplay achieved, honestly, cause it was pretty much normal clothes and all attainable online. League costumes often have really difficult weapons or armor bits that make them pretty undoable for me, or masks, which I am pretty leery of after Black Mage cosplay that I basically couldn't see out of.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Shyvana's already one of I think two champions I've actually purchased two skins for (Lux being the other) but I can't find myself not buying the new one. It's the right combination of cool looking and obnoxiously bright.

butts
  • Options
    Space robot dragon.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Champion info.

Discuss.

Ivellius Notes:
    Passive: Builds up MS against a wall.

Q: Gives "Worked Ground" area that gives her a bit of movement speed as well as some earth shards to fire at an enemy (only one if area is already "worked").

W: Marks a location before knocking them up (Vel'koz E, kind of). Can be reactivated to push targets in a particular direction.

E: Creates boulder zone that does initial damage and eventually explodes for more damage. Dashing out damages you, though walking is fine.

R: Creates a BIG wall. You can ride it.

Looks like a jungling kit if the bases are high enough. Riot aiming for a "control mage." Might be a useful support.

I just can't help thinking of how it's a very weird way to spell Toph.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Space robot dragon.

Aurelion Sol already exists though.

• Options
    But robots...

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    Aurelion Sol already exists though.

Boop boop he's a robot

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    boy that would be a fun dominion kit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Hmm, will the removal of devourer end up killing on-hit junglers? Bloodrazor is much better out of the box, but without the time bomb of megadragon / superspear / deathwolf, will those champions still be worth using?

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Welp, nothing like being ahead on gold and kills until your nexus blows up, because I'm bronze and my team chases kills through dark jungles like it's team deathmatch.

On the other hand, I dumpstered a Riven again in lane and she ended 0/7/5, so that was worth regardless.

For something actually constructive. So, we lost the game on a late teamfight in botside enemy jungle. For some reason my mid and adc were chasing someone, and they got collapsed on and we died like 1-4. I was there because I was trying to "save" the squishies and I was trying to get to their position but I was too late and was caught in the end stage of the collapse.

On hindsight, I think it was a mistake because I knew going in I was probably going to be too late and unfortunately I was correct. In this scenario, had I decided not to add free kills to compound the initial mistake and just turned around, where should I have gone/what should I have done?

For context, their top inhib was down and their mid inhib was open, our mid inhib was down and I was trying to get the team to group and push mid to take the inhib with waves pushing top and at river in mid.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    her kit seems kind of ???? to me

her passive is nothing but a "roam faster" thing and while i'm sure it's cohesive to her role ingame it doesn't really seem thematically sensible - why is it only active near walls when her lore and such speaks to her ability to wrench stone from anywhere? if she were surfing *on* the walls it might make more sense but...

her q seems interesting in terms of making decisions but it feels rather odd that a mage with the ability to "work" stone has to literally wait for the ground to return to normal. Her W and E both look like they would be appropriate for interacting with worked ground, whether it was something like having her other spells benefit from being cast on worked ground while her Q is weakened, or having her W or E return the ground to its base state so she can recast Q at full power. It just seems so dull to have a particular interaction with the ground on only one spell as a literal stone/earth mage. Her R seems interesting enough i guess, hopefully they don't code it as minions if it's actual created terrain so that it doesn't suffer from the same kind of issues Jarvan's Cataclysm has.

• Options
    she seems to be an attempt at a mobile zone control mage

which doesn't make as much sense on SR as it does on dominioooooooon

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

we will speak no longer of Arthur sleeping at Avalon

• Options
    Wait, does Taliyah's ult not do any damage or CC to enemies? I'd... uh... kind of expect being hit by a God damn wall to hurt at least a bit.

• Options

If she can jungle, that kind of speed boost could be serious business.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Wait, does Taliyah's ult not do any damage or CC to enemies? I'd... uh... kind of expect being hit by a God damn wall to hurt at least a bit.
    They mention in the text it is a zero-damage ultimate. I don't know how it's going to handle plopping it on top of someone, I'm guessing very predictable algorithms decide which side you get booped to.
    ---
    I really like that Shyvana skin, despite myself haha.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    They mention in the text it is a zero-damage ultimate. I don't know how it's going to handle plopping it on top of someone, I'm guessing very predictable algorithms decide which side you get booped to.
    ---
    I really like that Shyvana skin, despite myself haha.

The return of the wallstun, perhaps? Because that would be a delight. I miss being able to survive 1v1 because some chump got too close to terrain. WALLSTUN PEW PEW PEW.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Um, so how do I beat Trundle as Olaf? I definitely lost lane vs him, not super hard, but I lost lane. Like, between his bite, his sustain and he also seemed to have a ton of attack speed, I really couldn't kill him on even ground and the only kills I did get on him in lane were due to him misplaying or me getting help. Even my E didn't seem to really dent his HP that much. What do I need to keep in mind about his kit when I fight him next time?

• Options
    well, he reduces your AD, he heals when things die, he has bonus AS movement and healing on his zone, and his ult steals your defensive stats

so

until you can spam your true damage and laugh, you let him have his farm. you are far, far better after laning than he is. also, time your engagements so that you're not fighting when he's about to get a bunch of healing from a wave

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ohh. So in addition to his amazing W buff, Ziggs passive is getting buffed as well. Higher ap ratio and faster recharge at higher levels, base ap ratio bumped too. It's going to be hard picking between him or Kayle with new rageblade.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118