As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miitomo] Nintendo's first smart phone app!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
3V7J-yNM7Lftp1yh3HU9y-L31xtgMweq.jpg

Welcome to Nintendo's first foray into the world of smart phones!

Miitomo is a social app for sharing messages and pictures with your friends, either directly or through popular social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc). You can also link Miitomo to your My Nintendo account to earn coins which can be used for free games or discounts on Nintendo games.

Here's a link to the My Nintendo page if you want to create an account.

And here's a link to our very own discussion page about the new account system. I highly suggest you visit it to maximize your gains.

Use this thread to discuss your love/hate for Miitomo and to encourage more communication between your fellow PA brothers and sisters! I'll add more info once I get a chance.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I concede I'm using an older phone (1st gen motoG) but this has become "Miitomo the loading app" for me. I'm constantly in a loading screen for whatever action I do, and the first screen (With a % indicator) took over an hour to complete. Anyone else have this?

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So I guess the easiest way to add each other as friends at the moment would be Twitter, right?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I couldn't get my Mii to upload by asking the app to pull it from my Nintendo Network account, as it said I didn't have "Allow Copy" turned on.

I turned it on my 3DS and waited an hour and it still wouldn't work, so I ended up going the QR route.

I wonder if maybe I needed to make that change on my Wii U as well for it to work.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    So I guess the easiest way to add each other as friends at the moment would be Twitter, right?

Apparently.

@ kingriptor if anyone wants to add me
    Delete the space

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Apparently.

@ kingriptor if anyone wants to add me
    Delete the space

Added.

Mine is https://www.twitter.com/warlocksol

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Oh this app is going to bankrupt me. I want all the clothes.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    I used one of my free tickets to get a cat, but I will wait until tomorrow to "wear" it for the daily clothes changing coins I think

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I got 2 shirts and the cat hoodie so far.

The flower and food stuff is hella boring looking

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    @ Chiselphane

• Options
    @ OnePunchMaz

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Has anyone figured out how to turn off notification sounds? Because I hate that. I tried turning off "Sounds" - we'll see if that works. Otherwise I think I have to turn off all notifications

Edit: Yeah, it did not. Bye notifications. Sorry if I don't accept friends requests right away, blame miitomo for not letting me turn off notification sounds :(

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to turn off notification sounds? Because I hate that. I tried turning off "Sounds" - we'll see if that works. Otherwise I think I have to turn off all notifications

Edit: Yeah, it did not. Bye notifications. Sorry if I don't accept friends requests right away, blame miitomo for not letting me turn off notification sounds :(

I nearly got a fucking heart attack when I got a notification. Those things are loud.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
  • Options

I nearly got a fucking heart attack when I got a notification. Those things are loud.

Yeah, and I am at work right now. Very dumb. Hope they patch that. Would love to turn them back on without the sound.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So I forget...what did pre-registering with MyNintendo get us for this?

Edit: The Apple fanboy "What is this? Where's Mario?" bitching on every Apple site I see is hilarious, holy shit.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Unfortunately the game keeps crashing at start-up for me. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    You can send friend requests to friends of your friends.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    lol got to say once you get into it, it's hard to stop. I'm a sucker for computer text-to-voice

• Options
    I've added all the Twitters on this page

• Options
    So I forget...what did pre-registering with MyNintendo get us for this?

Edit: The Apple fanboy "What is this? Where's Mario?" bitching on every Apple site I see is hilarious, holy shit.

200 (or 100?) Platinum Points.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    lol got to say once you get into it, it's hard to stop. I'm a sucker for computer text-to-voice

Yeah it's especially cute listening to everyone comment in a thread and react accordingly.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Unfortunately the game keeps crashing at start-up for me. :(

Dover just can't stop trying to break Nintendo products :P

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Ooooh, I'm in - @ PALindsayLohan

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    @ mere_immortal here

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Alright - I'm stupid. What do I do to add someone by Twitterer? (I don't Twitter much).

• Options
    Click on a tweet and hit follow

Or you can hit the search button and find them that way

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    If my daughter allows me some free time, I'll start compiling everyone's info into the OP. Or we could create a google doc and I'll link that.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Cool - Think I did them all.

• Options
    quietjayquietjay Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

I followed you on Twitter, I couldn't send a friend request until you followed me back and I updated Twitter data in the miitomo app.

Become a Star Citizen
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    @ kizmitt
    I need to know what everyone is eating

• Options
    edited March 2016

Yeah, they'd have to put the option in the app to turn it off or customize what sound plays for notifications. Or, there's apps out there to forceably change them.

edit: I've got all of the missions complete except for getting 5 comments on my own answers. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    https://twitter.com/cameron_talley

Hopefully this will be more fun with friends.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Holy. Crap. That notification sound.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I was hoping for some more Nintendo themed clothes, as I'm not entirely into these generic options, but it'll be interesting to see it evolve.

edit: Ooooh, there's rewards you can redeem the mission points for. Hmm.
    edit: And bought the Mario suit. Probably just like everyone else, but eh, I had to.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    How do you link a Twitter to Miitomo? The browser version seems to be broken in the UK. Is there a way to link them in the app?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    In the process of following twitterers now.

My twitter is: https://twitter.com/Beltaine77

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    How do you link a Twitter to Miitomo? The browser version seems to be broken in the UK. Is there a way to link them in the app?

Yeah, hit add friends in the app and it gives options for Facebook and Twitter notification. If you're logged in with Chrome it'll automatically bring up the authorization screen for the app.

4dm3dwuxq302.png