As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] The season has begun. 2 more weeks before your team's season is over.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    gronkowski, not gostkowski doe

man, must be nice playing with chumps. gates for brees, and now this.

ive been buggin him for gronk all year and he was getting sick of the zeros. he finally got to start him and got nothing and i think hes fed up, especially when i can point at yesterday's fleener game. i will say, i DO think fleener is going to be good. he has like 20 targets the last two games, and he's just now starting to catch them

snead WAS out though.. hm...

i think ill get gronk. just swapped michael floyd for edelman, too. and then brady comes off my bench next week...... PATRIOT WARPATH A COMIN

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Well Fleener has like 150 yards and a td on the season while that bum doesn't even have a target on the year yet, clearly been phased out of the NE offense. If you have Fleener your getting fleeced.
    109 of which, and the TD, came last night

Fleener was a complete non-factor the first two games and benefitted from injuries in the NO receiving core. He's, by all accounts, struggled heavily with the playbook.

Basically you're putting a lot of stock in recency bias. Either one is a crapshoot. Tight-ends will drive you crazy.

Err I was joking. I'd take Gronk over Fleener every day of the week.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    in retrospect that should have been more obvious

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i'll probably wait until the trade would go through for week 5 because san diego D for fleener this week..

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to wait one more week before starting Gronk in the league I have him, myself. Especially if Brisset starts...

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Apparently JJ Watt is out for the season with a back injury.

Guess he won't be carrying that lunchpail anytime soon.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

motherfucker

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Well, minimum of 8 weeks is what I heard, but probably the season.

And in Browns news, lineman Alvin Bailey was arrested for DUI, and was so drunk that he told police that he'd been drinking at home and, importantly, on the plane home from the game.

This would be a violation of league policy, that prohibits alcohol at team events - including travel to and from games.

Oops!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/09/27/arrested-for-dui-browns-alvin-bailey-told-police-he-was-drinking-on-the-team-plane/

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I guess he needs more Lindsey Vonn handjobs to get back in action.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    So, apparently Mike Tolbert and a custom auto shop don't see eye-to-eye on the service of his car.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/9/28/13089302/mike-tolbert-panthers-nfl-car-shop-revenge-paid-in-coins
    The claims here are big ones. Threats, non-payment — but perhaps the most eye-opening revelation was how Tolbert finally paid for the $3,900 in work: coins. All coins.
    While it is very he said/he said, they both agree he paid almost $4k in coins. That were immediately deposited as-is in the box he dropped off.

So, to punish the auto shop, he greatly inconvenienced the employees of his and the auto shop's banks.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    A coin counter isn't that hard to find.

• Options
    That makes tolbert out to be an asshole. Just like when people act like paying parking fines in all coins is some huge act of defiance when it comes across like a whiny childish thing to do.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options

I fucking knew this was going to happen.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    That makes tolbert out to be an asshole. Just like when people act like paying parking fines in all coins is some huge act of defiance when it comes across like a whiny childish thing to do.

Why would it be surprising mike tollbooth would pay in change, that's what everyone gives him

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Okay, so I worked as an officer and manager for a parking and transportation office on a college campus for some time. I was the asshole that was really fast and really good at giving tickets and applying boots.

We had a few people come in to pay in change. Joke's on you, we would have our office assistants hand count the change twice before releasing the tickets and/or boots. Sometimes this would be hundreds of dollars in pennies. And sometimes the second count would not match the first, and well, we had to be sure. So, there you are in our office, smugly watching us hand count your pennies for an hour and a half, having to run out to your dad's truck to put more change in the meter or just eat another ticket because we didn't miss the ones right outside our office.

Also, we did have an automatic change counter, but it was strictly for counting meter change, sorry.

It was a rewarding job and I miss it and the coworkers.

• Options
    Okay, so I worked as an officer and manager for a parking and transportation office on a college campus for some time. I was the asshole that was really fast and really good at giving tickets and applying boots.

We had a few people come in to pay in change. Joke's on you, we would have our office assistants hand count the change twice before releasing the tickets and/or boots. Sometimes this would be hundreds of dollars in pennies. And sometimes the second count would not match the first, and well, we had to be sure. So, there you are in our office, smugly watching us hand count your pennies for an hour and a half, having to run out to your dad's truck to put more change in the meter or just eat another ticket because we didn't miss the ones right outside our office.

Also, we did have an automatic change counter, but it was strictly for counting meter change, sorry.

It was a rewarding job and I miss it and the coworkers.

My god parking wars undersold your guys villainy... AND I LOVE IT!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

Fuck even my defense is injured

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

That's nothing. The Patriots have 14 players from the 2013 Cleveland Browns on the roster. I haven't checked, but I have to wonder if the Patriots have more of the 2013 Browns than the Browns do.

Belichick is apparently bored and looking for higher difficulty settings.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Shit, I play my wife's team in fantasy this week.

Whoever wins, I lose.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Shit, I play my wife's team in fantasy this week.

Whoever wins, I lose.

Pray for a tie.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You're supposed to lose to your wife.

• Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    You're supposed to lose to your wife.

false, this is her trap card and you just activated it. she wants you to crush her to show your virile manhood.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

That's nothing. The Patriots have 14 players from the 2013 Cleveland Browns on the roster. I haven't checked, but I have to wonder if the Patriots have more of the 2013 Browns than the Browns do.

If the Pats beat Buffalo, they have as many wins as the 2013 Browns.

• Options
    it's not going to happen, because one of brissett or garoppolo is highly likely to play, but there's the potential my 1 QB league fantasy team could start three QBs this week

brees, pryor, edelman

it would be v funny

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Belichick should pretty much be immediately inducted into the HoF. Like literally the day after he retires, just put him in.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I definitely would not have considered betting on Blount for AFC Offensive Player of the Month, but it kinda makes sense and I should have seen it I bet the odds were crazy.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »
    I definitely would not have considered betting on Blount for AFC Offensive Player of the Month, but it kinda makes sense and I should have seen it I bet the odds were crazy.

matt ryan NFC???

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/dhxka5xmzjw

Richard Sherman telling it like it is.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Yeah Cam prolly should have been taken out and checked several times. All teams will keep that player in though. I remember Edleman staying in and having big impact on the game when under player safety protocol he should have been taken out. That was a year or two ago in a big game. Russ too in that Green Bay playoff game where Clay headhunted him down.

It needs to get done but it will affect the outcome of games.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Yeah Cam prolly should have been taken out and checked several times. All teams will keep that player in though. I remember Edleman staying in and having big impact on the game when under player safety protocol he should have been taken out. That was a year or two ago in a big game. Russ too in that Green Bay playoff game where Clay headhunted him down.

And as long as the NFL cares more about the outcome of one game, then they do about a players health, their focus on player safety is a fucking joke.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

And as long as the NFL cares more about the outcome of one game, then they do about a players health, their focus on player safety is a fucking joke.

I wouldn't completely clear the players either. They want to be out there too and make that money/win that game.

• Options

I wouldn't completely clear the players either. They want to be out there too and make that money/win that game.

People always want to do something stupid and dangerous. The NFL as an organization if they really care about player safety needs to say "Fuck you, you're coming out so you can walk again after this game is over." And its not like they are rushing back into a burning building to save one last little girl, they want to play a fucking game so their team can win, in the long term it will ultimately not matter compared to your very health and well being.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    And for players that aren't Wilson or Edelman, getting taken out of the game can mean getting cut from the 53.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I'm leaning towards benching Forte this week. I don't like this Jets offense against the Seahawks. Gonna roll with Gurley and Crowell as my RBs and throw Fuller V in the flex over Maclin because I feel like the Steelers are gonna rebound strong.

So I'm sure the Jets and Chiefs will be unstoppable.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards benching Forte this week. I don't like this Jets offense against the Seahawks. Gonna roll with Gurley and Crowell as my RBs and throw Fuller V in the flex over Maclin because I feel like the Steelers are gonna rebound strong.

damn you

• Options
    I guess I'm sitting C.Mike so maybe it'll just be a high-scoring game.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

damn you

My bench has been absurdly productive for YEARS now. I'm gonna start blackmailing NFL players, telling them if they don't give me 10 grand I'm gonna put them in my starting lineup.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »

damn you

My bench has been absurdly productive for YEARS now. I'm gonna start blackmailing NFL players, telling them if they don't give me 10 grand I'm gonna put them in my starting lineup.

I tried that once with the bills, alas...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    josh gordon is going to rehab

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.