As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] The season has begun. 2 more weeks before your team's season is over.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    ...damnit.

I seem to remember a John Madden story from the 70s where someone did this to a game winning FG. So I'm guessing that's why the rule was added.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

Thanks!

Weird that it wouldn't be allowed.

EDIT: I guess I could see the argument that, if they wanted the minimum bar to clear to count as a field goal to be "as high as a defensive player can jump and reach," they'd just set the crossbar higher.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Yes this is 4 years old. Read the last item. Now, if YT wasn't blocked this week, I'd dig up the play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/nfl-details-key-officiating-issues-from-week-one/

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I'm trying so hard to care about tonight's game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm trying so hard to care about tonight's game.

It was a game made for thursday.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Since I don't get NFLN, I don't have to care at all!

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    If it wasn't for FF nobody would have to care about the Thursday game

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Mulletude wrote: »
    If it wasn't for FF nobody would have to care about the Thursday game

If it wasn't for Allen Hurns, I wouldn't even care that this was on.

Edit: I mean, hell, if the World Series was on tonight, there'd be no decision to make.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Okay if Khan doesn't go down to the locker room and fire Bradley at half time, I will be stunned. This is some awful play by a team that's clearly given up.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    The bar I'm at keeps losing satellite signal due to the rain outside. Probably makes for a better viewing experience quite frankly

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Bortles you garbage time bastard.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I finally got a TNF pick right!

Related: I finally learned to stop picking the Jags!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Keep pounding the jags.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Would taking Carr and dumping Manning be a good move rest of season?

Eli has one good game for ff on the season and that was due to OBj going nuts. Carr seems to have a much higher floor. Am I seeing things right?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Gus Bradley has never beaten a team with a winning record. That's a fucking skill.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gus Bradley has never beaten a team with a winning record. That's a fucking skill.

Maybe we can make a special division for just him and Jeff Fisher.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If you have Bradley and Fisher you've gotta bring in Pagano.

• Options
    Lamar Miller may or may not be on a snap count. Who knows if he should even be played this week!

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Ugh... awful week. My entire fantasy roster is questionable, and somehow still healthier than the actual Bills offense right now. Down our top 3 WR's, and our top 2 RB's are dinged up, as is our #1 TE.

I'm going to drink myself into oblivion in the stadium parking lot, sell my ticket to a Pats fan, and have my wife pick me up so I can come home, pass out on the couch and wake up 5 hours later to see if my 57-10 prediction was overstated.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Ugh... awful week. My entire fantasy roster is questionable, and somehow still healthier than the actual Bills offense right now. Down our top 3 WR's, and our top 2 RB's are dinged up, as is our #1 TE.

I'm going to drink myself into oblivion in the stadium parking lot, sell my ticket to a Pats fan, and have my wife pick me up so I can come home, pass out on the couch and wake up 5 hours later to see if my 57-10 prediction was overstated.

will powerbombing or being powerbombed through a table help?
    I hear thats therapeutic for buffalo fans
    especially if you're wearing your zubaz

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I was talking to a Dallas Cowboys fan at a Halloween event and he proceeded to tell me that Stafford is washed up.

I hate Cowboys fans

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    How surprising.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Yall wrote: »

will powerbombing or being powerbombed through a table help?
    I hear thats therapeutic for buffalo fans
    especially if you're wearing your zubaz

I'm not really into wrestling but it is a bit cathartic to watch other people do it.

Funny you mention the Zubaz, as they are coming back into fashion, including yoga pants versions. :biggrin:

Honestly though, knowing the Bills we'll probably manage to keep it close only to lose in some epic fashion.
    Not really - Brady is gonna kick the shit out of us and Belichek wants revenge for the shutout in week 4. This will be nothing short of disastrous

Yall on
  • Options
    I guess I'll be flipping between Philadelphia/Dallas and the World Series tomorrow night.

Go Cleveland! End this thing so baseball doesn't get played in fucking November!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    My entire (at least playably) healthy RB stable is jacquizz, rob Kelley, mike gillislee. I'm fucked.

Also I need a kicker. Do I drop Kelley or Gillislee

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd say Kelley? But I have McCoy/Gillislee and have to try to hope that Gillislee will do something...

Then again, I have a ton of RB's at the moment for some reason. Hm. Gillislee or Duke Johnson JR? Or Chris Thompson? Or C.J. Prosise? Bah...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Gileslee should get a lot of carries tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jonathan Williams takes a lot of the touches. Probably not the bulk, but enough to make Gil not a good start.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I have a strong feeling that despite the Lions having terrible defense, Osweiller is going to have a Hoyer vs the Chiefs breakdown moment today.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    You know how you can tell if a team isn't doing well. How easy is it to get tickets. Like I can buy redskins and browns tickets for a reasonable price (about 42 bucks a ticket). If I wanted Broncos or Packers tickets. They send you right to the exchange.

• Options
    I usually just look at the standings.

It saves the embarrassment of looking like I actually want to see Washington or Cleveland.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

It saves the embarrassment of looking like I actually want to see Washington or Cleveland.

Hey now, not all of us can be privileged enough to be born in a place with a good football team. Think of the suffering DUE and others like him must go through.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh God shh shh there might actually be people throwing out the term football team privilege now, terrible writers for websites will milk it for clicks

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Playing Eifert has payed off. Glad to finally have a good TE

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    That sure looked like helmet-to-helmet on Jackson.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Normally, I don't root for the Redskins.

But boy would it be nice to see them beat this piece-of-shit, dirty-playing Bengals team.

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »

Hey now, not all of us can be privileged enough to be born in a place with a good football team. Think of the suffering DUE and others like him must go through.

Where I was born we had the LA Rams and then the LA Raiders and then neither. And a combined two Super Bowl appearances and one victory between them.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

*secretly roots for 0-16*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    is kirk cousins wearing a 90's qb throwback mock turtleneck?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »
    is kirk cousins wearing a 90's qb throwback mock turtleneck?

He is a mock quarterback...

This discussion has been closed.