As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX South 17] It's Over. See You Next Time

• Options
    Raw ConcreteRaw Concrete Registered User regular
    Ticket bought. A friend of mine is a hardcore board gamer, and he's super excited for this. He's also likely to flake out, but either way I still get a long weekend in San Antonio.

Oh, come and shake me 'till I'm dry
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    PAX South Goal
    Play Cosmic Encounter

Paging @Pinfeldorf

Pinfeldorf to the white courtesy phone, please.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Someone said Cosmic Encounter, I got here as fast as I could.

E: I'm not sure I'll be able to make it next year. I'm starting up classes again and I have no idea what my schedule will be. Y'all may have to check out the base Cosmic Encounter game the rental area has and not be able to play with all the cool expansions!

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    Raw ConcreteRaw Concrete Registered User regular
    All lucre, all the time. *cough*

If my buddy actually ropes enough people in I'm going to bring Age of Renaissance. Because outside of an event like this, we're all too damn old to play that kind of thing anymore.

Oh, come and shake me 'till I'm dry
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    PAX South Goal
    Play Cosmic Encounter
    !!!

I bought that!

I've played it with my brother and my niece.

We need more players

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    I have it on my coffee table so visitors can ask "What's that?"

You've fallen for my trap card!!

rr8tngd7hl6j.jpeg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI for people who are flying: Southwest will release their schedule for up to March on July 7.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Another tip for flying: My Hopper App alert just told me that this was the lowest price by like $45 so buy if you're flying from LaGuardia/NY to San Antonio, so I'd double check prices today (I always check through skiplagged.com for the best fares).

Goose! on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    FYI for people who are flying: Southwest will release their schedule for up to March on July 7.

Goose, again, that is WAY too early to be buying plane tickets.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So I own Imperial Assault now.

I will try to bring it to PAX South.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    OK sooooo I am definitely going to this. I totally forgot to post in this thread. Anyway -
    my husband, our friend Brad, and I are sharing a suite at the Homewood Suites Riverwalk. it's about a half mile walk from the convention. we don't necessarily need a fourth roommate but I wouldn't mind one either, if anyone here was looking for a group of people to crash with. we're in town Wednesday to Monday and it would be $248 and you could either share a queen size bed with Brad or you could sleep on the pullout couch in the living room area. my hubs and I are early 30s and Brad is 47 so we're all old and mellow and shit. anywhat I just figured I'd throw it out there

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, plane tickets are still crazy wacko expensive

Which isn't so bad because I'm dirt broke right this second and also just found out I can't afford to renew my lease so I gotta move soon

• Options
    FYI eBay has a $100 southwest airlines gift card on sale for $90

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Grabbed a room at the Crockett (Texas shaped waffles according to pictures) for me and my friend who's driving down from Wichita with me. Was going to go Hyatt Place again this year because last year we got a really nice room for slightly less than any of the OnPeak hotels, but I think they figured out they were being too generous. Prices for that weekend were a good $70 higher than their normal prices.

Which I embarrassingly did figure out until after buying them, because somehow the date filter got reset and I accidentally bought 1 night a week from now instead of the PAX dates. But I called them up and they let me cancel with no issues because they hadn't had time to charge anything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Waffles shaped like Texas are a legitimately excellent reason to select a hotel. I plan to eat at least three a day at the Best Western Sunset Suites. More, if I can smuggle a few extras back to my room.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    But then how will you have room for all of those massive racks of ribs?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Does anyone who's going to this need a roommate

I want to go but I'm having trouble making the money side work

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

I won't know my class schedule until November, but I almost certainly will be interested in sharing a room if I go. I'm probably squarely in the bucket of "not going just because I don't know what I'll be doing in my life at that point" but buckets suck and I want to go.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I won't know my class schedule until November, but I almost certainly will be interested in sharing a room if I go. I'm probably squarely in the bucket of "not going just because I don't know what I'll be doing in my life at that point" but buckets suck and I want to go.

@Bucketman you gonna take that lying down?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    No, I will take it sitting and full of mop water!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

@Chincymcchilla, YO!!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

@Chincymcchilla, YO!!!!

OK

Let me look into this for serious finances wise this week/end and I'll get back to you, I gotta see if I can make it work

I'll let you know soon tho I won't leave you hanging

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    @Chincymcchilla We gotta hang out if you're coming to this shindig

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So, what hotel is everyone staying at?

Let me rephrase that: What hotel is going to be the party hotel this year?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    :bigfrown:

:sad: :sad:

I cry.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I got a reservation at the La Quinta (I hear that's Spanish for "Next door to the IHOP").
    So, probably not that one.

• Options

I cry.

What? Are you for certain not coming?

• Options
    @Lost Saliant will be off enjoying PAXAsia for... For a while???

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    me and kate decided not to be staying at the fancy hotel we were at by the alamo and instead go close to the bars where we all drank at, whatever the hotel ends up being.

we stayed at a holiday in express last night cause our AC went out and that room was ver' nice, so I'd be super into that

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JenneroseJennerose Registered User regular

I cry.

sobbing.gif

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

I'm probably going to be booking at the Hilton nearby, since that who my employer books with, and I want to get points.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

I got a reservation at the La Quinta (I hear that's Spanish for "Next door to the IHOP").

I never thought I'd see someone else who knew that joke.
    Except that it's Dennys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dan & I will brave the greasy & gloomy shadows of that Dennys to film our breakthrough documentary.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I'm honestly thinking of hosting this year's D&D session at the Denny's, just because I know we'll all wind up there immediately after.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    I don't think they'll appreciate that.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I never thought I'd see someone else who knew that joke.
    Except that it's Dennys.

Mitch Hedberg, a real loss to the stand up comedy world.
    I just assumed it was IHOP because the La Quinta I drive by most often shares it's parking lot with the IHOP I tend to eat at when it's 2am and I want to at something terrible for me and the Waffle House is too far.

• Options
    Holy shit I stayed at a La Quinta in Las Vegas for a Magic thing and...it shared a parking lot with the IHOP. That can't be coincidence.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I just booked a room at the La Quinta next to the Denny's. Gonna be there all 3 days plus the Thursday night this time 8-)

Also @Lost Saliant it was nice to meet you last year, at least!

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Somewhere that has some goddamn HDMI ports this time.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Holy shit I stayed at a La Quinta in Las Vegas for a Magic thing and...it shared a parking lot with the IHOP. That can't be coincidence.
    Work at the corp off and from what I was told this is due to a long time partnership, that is no longer in effect, with Denny's.

The Ihops more than likely use to be Denny's at one point and have turned franchise and then converted to ihop, as the partner ship only worked with corporate properties of each entity.