As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE]: Next maintenance: New PVP arena, and Brave Frontier collab 11/11-11/24

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I didn't have Maria yet, so that 4* Maria pull burned me less

I'm sure I'll have changed my mind by the time I've drawn another half dozen between now and when she gets her 5* and actually becomes kind of useful

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    No yolo pulling for me. I'll save all my dissapointment for when the FFT bunch comes out.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Man. Why's everyone suddenly all up for this banner?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna save all my lapis for a good banner. I can't play a gacha game without playing gacha.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Man. Why's everyone suddenly all up for this banner?

People with Steal are very nice to have for grinding stuff like Awakening materials

And ones you have on your team (rather than friends list) are even better, since you can take them into the Arena

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I dunno about being all up for this banner, but I'm willing to toss a single ticket at every banner up until the ones I actually want to dump lots of draws on

I still think this one is a pretty bad banner, but I wouldn't say no to getting Locke for farming purposes

Maddoc on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yea, I'll toss one lapis pull at a banner because I can just miss and maybe hit something good.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I hope I can just find Lockes to add onto my friendlist so I can benefit from treasure hunt without actually owning him.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    anyone using nox macros:

how do you prevent the daily quest popup from the reset at 4am from breaking your macro?

• Options
    I let you guys get me caught up in the one YOLO pull for the banner because why the fuck not?
    gTYivu2.png

Not on banner, but I'll take it!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Yolo ticket got me Maria.

Er, isn't this character technically from that FF6 opera? Also it's kind of showing just how many times "female" has equaled "healer archetype" in Final Fantasy, with few exceptions.

Madican on
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

Er, isn't this character technically from that FF6 opera? Also it's kind of showing just how many times "female" has equaled "healer archetype" in Final Fantasy, with few exceptions.

FF2.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_(Final_Fantasy_II)

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I am eagerly hoping for 6* news for my Leo.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I hate you all for tempting me into a YOLO pull.

On the plus side, I came away with Hayate. Welcome to the TMR Farm. We have punch and pie. Double taco night is Tuesday.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Pulled locke. Only 3* but I don't mind I guess.

Can someone explain treasure hunter in the context of, say, vortexes?

Since every enemy already drops something, hell even in normal combat it seems like it is really rare that an enemy doesn't drop something; what use is an increased drop rate when there is something dropping pretty much always already?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    What is the equivalent of the FFRK 50 mythril pull in this? Some bundle you get with Lapis from the store?

Oh and is Luna decent? Pulled her with the Summon ticket from today.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    What is the equivalent of the FFRK 50 mythril pull in this? Some bundle you get with Lapis from the store?

Oh and is Luna decent? Pulled her with the Summon ticket from today.

Not particularly, as a combatant, but barrage is the Trust Mastery and yes.

EDIT: and yes, the 5k lapis rare ticket summon bundle is the 50 myth equivalent.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Luna herself is butts. That Trust Mastery (which will take a while to farm out) is very worth it, not for her, but whomever ends up being your top physical fighter.

• Options
    Demon Chimera went down. Got rough in some parts, with Leo and Lasswell dying to the frost storm, but Fina kept Chizuru and Bartz healed enough for Bartz to provide Barfira and Entrusts when appropriate. Otherwise it was Chizuru spamming Barrage or defending when health got critical from two ice attacks in the same round.

Also finished making a second Hyper Wrist and now she has 291 Attack. Now if I hunt Pit Demons I can get a Black Belt Gi for an extra +5 attack and that'll be the limit for her for now.

• Options
    Hero Rings! You're just leaving 4 attack on the table!

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Hero Rings! You're just leaving 4 attack on the table!

I said for now. Hero Rings are coming but they're locked behind 5 more trophies so it's gonna be a bit longer.

• Options
    That's not even counting TMR from Chizuru, Bartz, Miyuki, and Hayate

• Options
    Waaaaaaay down the line. I don't even have Miyuki or Hayate and I did my yolo pull this banner already.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I let you guys get me caught up in the one YOLO pull for the banner because why the fuck not?
    gTYivu2.png

Ok, so I have him from giving in and reading everybody's pulls from this event too. I decided to toss one and see. Is he good? I honestly just am having fun flailing about with reckless abandon for once.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Well technically there were no archtypes in FF2 where she is from.

The game slightly guided you to be a caster with her but it was easy to change within like the first 5 minutes, and actually is pretty common because her high agi makes her an easy frontline char to start.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Betsuni wrote: »
    gTYivu2.png

Ok, so I have him from giving in and reading everybody's pulls from this event too. I decided to toss one and see. Is he good? I honestly just am having fun flailing about with reckless abandon for once.

He's one of the top tanks right now, comparable to CoD and a little better than Cecil (although Cecil has an amazing 6* which Leo doesn't, and Cecil works better with mage teams). Highest physical defense (slightly lower than CoD and Cecil, but gets innate Def +20% ability) and draws attacks towards him. Also gets Power Break and Defense Break. He also gets both the AoE phys skill and the paralyzing one. He's basically a really beefy tank for physical teams.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    gTYivu2.png

He's one of the top tanks right now, comparable to CoD and a little better than Cecil (although Cecil has an amazing 6* which Leo doesn't, and Cecil works better with mage teams). Highest physical defense (slightly lower than CoD and Cecil, but gets innate Def +20% ability) and draws attacks towards him. Also gets Power Break and Defense Break. He also gets both the AoE phys skill and the paralyzing one. He's basically a really beefy tank for physical teams.

Niiice. I was confused when I opened him and figured he was a dud. Thanks for the info, think I'll have to stop playing this game with reckless abandon and start researching a bit more from the OP.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    He doesn't future proof as well as others, Cecil in particular, since he doesn't have a 6* yet and it's not clear if/when he ever will, and he mainly stands out right now because there are very few tanks. His value is definitely going to go down in time as they start releasing more and more nutso characters, but for at least three or four months, he's going to be one of the top tanks.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Ifrit at Level 30 and so once my stamina regens it'll be time to give his second trial a go.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I bet you he ends up with a 6" along with Kefka and Terra before too long

Edit: Actually could maybe see them do Terra/Kefka first, and then Celes/Leo later

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Ifrit second trial was easy. Now he's 2* and back to Level 1 for all of two seconds before I pumped him full of magicite again. I notice that by doing so Chizuru is now one Black Belt Gi away from breaking the 300+ Attack barrier, so I think I'll work on that. Alternatively I shove more magicite into Ifrit since he's only Level 10 or so right now, meaning 30 more levels until he's maxed again.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    KiTA on
  • Options
    To anyone who pulls her in their one ticket attempt, or just out of an 11-pull, congrats on what is probably one of the most expensive pieces of digital data you'll ever own? :P

• Options
    Shit. Ramza and Delita are both 5* base units. I could understand Orlandu being the 5* unit, but now my heart just sunk a little after seeing those odds.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Optimism. You must have optimism.

And probably alcohol.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Maybe they'll have a guaranteed 5* lapis bundle like someone posted before around her release? Mind you, that still pulls from the total pool of 5* units, not even including the boosted rates from the banner. There's at least 20 characters by then, right? :P

• Options
    I think you are also limited to only one purchase of the bundle as well.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »

Normally my favorite characters being generally unpopular is a bad thing, since they sometimes don't get to be in crossover media.

But here it might actually be an advantage.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The drop rates in this game are why I will not buy any lapis. I'd be pissing it all away for 11 Shadows.

• Options
    Generally speaking, all of the good units going forward are 5* base

It's a real good thing that Cloud of Darkness, Cecil, Bartz, Firion, Exdeath, Chizuru, Garland, Warrior of Light, and Rain are still top tier units regardless

This discussion has been closed.