Options

[FFBE]: Next maintenance: New PVP arena, and Brave Frontier collab 11/11-11/24

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Stage Clear Lapis bonuses.

It's been so long.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    In case anyone's planning ahead for whether you need more silver keys for chests with this new island, there's:

SPR+10% recipe
    Bug Killer recipe (!!)
    Green Beret recipe

At least. The first two of which I'm personally interested in.

Characters
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Oh hey there, Locke!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    New event for the first 2 weeks in August. A meh recipe, and a new rod that's already better than the Ice/Fire Rods.

Gravity Rod is sexy. More MAG for Exdeath!

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    So I don't think this rod exists in JP, which is weird

It's also the best non-TMR rod until we get Great Demon

Looks like even if the Massive Stone is a first time only clear reward, if you can clear Int and Adv it seems like you'll be able to build two of them, which is recommended since 35 Mag makes it the second best non-TMR rod available even in JP version (Tied with the Bahamut event rod)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I wonder if this means we can possibly get other Global release firsts/ exclusives.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    New event for the first 2 weeks in August. A meh recipe, and a new rod that's already better than the Ice/Fire Rods.

Gravity Rod is sexy. More MAG for Exdeath!

Yes, pump that magic higher. I welcome the magic users to crack that 300 mark.

• Options
    It is so nice having a full set of Espers instead of someone always being left out.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Looks like Japan's current event has them releasing Tidus from FFX. 5* minimum, 6* unit, naturally. TM's also a +135 ATK Water element sword. No idea on his other stats yet.

More interesting might be Grace, a 4* > 6* unit whose TM is a +20% MP +25% MAG/SPR Accessory. That's an interesting TM on a 4* unit.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, Abel is the clear WTF winner. 3-5* unit that has a TM of an 82 ATK Dagger that gives Dual-Wield. Hellooooo there.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    So I just noticed someone on my friend's list has made a really big splash...

7zan9az982zm.jpg

His abilities are:

Water Blade
    Blade Mastery
    Atk +10%
    Dual Wield

His esper is only Ifrit ** lvl 10 meaning he has room to grow...

edit: Light Shell does 22K damage twice D: unbuffed D:
    using limit break is less damage because it is only 32K

edit: a Cheer buffed Barrage did over 100K damage total, against the Sandworm boss from that quest in the Shrine of Decay exploration.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Thar she blows

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    So, spent a few of the tickets, got two hayates. So time to trust farm.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    So I just noticed someone on my friend's list has made a really big splash...

7zan9az982zm.jpg

His abilities are:

Water Blade
    Blade Mastery
    Atk +10%
    Dual Wield

His esper is only Ifrit ** lvl 10 meaning he has room to grow...

edit: Light Shell does 22K damage twice D: unbuffed D:
    using limit break is less damage because it is only 32K

edit: a Cheer buffed Barrage did over 100K damage total, against the Sandworm boss from that quest in the Shrine of Decay exploration.

and what's their friend code again?

• Options
    065,633,718 is his ID

Chinese gamer I think

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Demons Unleashed is live. Here's the skinny.

5 Stam dungeon is easy. It has roughly the same difficulty as any normal vortex dungeon's INT. Drops dark crysts and farplane souls that you'll need to make void vessels.

10 stam dungeon is actually decent difficulty, in the sense that my full team of 80s with a 300ish attack Chizuru couldn't just auto the trash down in one round consistently. Guaranteed Massive Stone for the clear and ran into a bandit that dropped a Demon Heart.

15 stam version is a good deal more difficult. Nothing fatal to a party of 80s, just more HP to burn through, and the enemies do annoying things like Fira and sleep/paralyze status effects. The boss at the end is a beefed up Hellrider. All the enemies resist dark damage so dark limits (Exdeath/CoD) get heavily resisted, usually by 100%. Guaranteed Demon Heart for the boss kill, Massive Stone for the clear.

Crafting a void vessel takes 15 minutes. 5 Farplane Souls and 5 Dark Crysts.

Crafting a Gravity Rod requires 1 Massive Stone, 80 Demon Hearts, 44 Void Vessels and 66 each of Litrock and Earth Cores.

Get to farming.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    edited August 2016
    That is a lot of farming.

We keep the recipe right? Meaning all we need to make sure of is getting the 80 hearts and then we can slowly work on everything else instead of continuing to farm this?

It's a painful grind, about 3 days worth of NRG on the ADV dungeon for the demon hearts but then you don't have to set foot in there again. Just set your friend's request to Dark Crysts and go about your usual business elsewhere and the materials to craft the void vessels will come to you.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    80 demon hearts with the only guarantee for them being the end of a 15 stamina dungeon?

Fuck that. I don't have any magic users worth that level of pain.

• Options
    Also August daily rewards up and they're terrible

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    15 stam version is a good deal more difficult. Nothing fatal to a party of 80s, just more HP to burn through, and the enemies do annoying things like Fira and sleep/paralyze status effects. The boss at the end is a beefed up Hellrider. All the enemies resist dark damage so dark limits (Exdeath/CoD) get heavily resisted, usually by 100%. Guaranteed Demon Heart for the boss kill, Massive Stone for the clear.

Aside from the insant death casts.

Why yes, I do appreciate being immediately down two characters.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wait are they actually trying to sell some Heaven Ash, Allure Powder, and Beast Meat for seven dollars?

EDIT: Oh hey and they're selling 25 energy for a dollar when you could buy 120 lapis for a dollar instead

Maddoc on
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Aside from the insant death casts.

Why yes, I do appreciate being immediately down two characters.

Yea, Bloody Eyes cannot be allowed to survive or they will cast Death.

Characters
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Wait are they actually trying to sell some Heaven Ash, Allure Powder, and Beast Meat for seven dollars?

EDIT: Oh hey and they're selling 25 energy for a dollar when you could buy 120 lapis for a dollar instead

Wooooow.

This is honestly not striking a good tone for me, to see a company's greed this blatantly.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'm glad they suck so bad. Makes it easier to jump ship to Möbius in two days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yea with Mobius coming out in a few days this just seems hilariously ill-planned.

Characters
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a game's reddit so united in yelling out "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    If all I want is to eventually get through the main story, do I need to bother with the event stuff?

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    If all I want is to eventually get through the main story, do I need to bother with the event stuff?

Don't bother with event stuff this time around at least, because it's pure garbage. Things like cactuars though provide lots of EXP so you should do those. Gil turtles, not so much. Same with magicite.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    If not for the fact that it would likely take hundreds of energy just to farm up the materials for one, the Gravity Rod would be pretty good. People are shitting on it, but even in JP a 35 magic rod is tied for the second best non-TMR rod. And the best non-TMR is the once only Wizard Rod from the trial.

But short of buying energy refills like crazy, if you spend all your energy doing nothing but running the event for the entire week you'll probably be able to barely make one of them.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    The event lasts for 2 weeks, so you could make two rods if all you did was hit the ADV dungeon. You will get them a little faster unless you just have a string of rotten luck and see no footpads for extra hearts. It is a waste of stamina in the sense that you could be using all that time doing something else, but since we're still in the dull period of no serious events, it's not so bad.

Hopefully Gumi is aware of the serious backlash, though. The material requirement to make the rod is too high, and the bundles and daily rewards are pathetic. Unlikely anything is going to change for this month, but if nothing changes in September or on future events, I can see a massive drop in player base.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Time to set up a TMR farm then!

Well, if I wasn't still playing catchup with getting everyone to 5* and leveled whatnot.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I started TMR grinding yesterday. My rerolled account is max level and has all the quests done, and I really don't feel like grinding explorations for magicite so TMR grinding it is.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    what is this mobious you speak of?

• Options
    Those bundles aren't just pathetic, they're actual traps.

Those bundles are way more egregious than a kind of shitty event.

• Options
    imdointhis wrote: »
    what is this mobious you speak of?

Other, other FF FTP mobile game with cards. Comes out on the 4th?

Characters
  • Options
    I'm still sticking with this game, but once Mobius hits, managing 3 different FF games is going to be murder on my cellphone, to say nothing of the time I spend playing Pokemon Go with my partner from time to time.

My TMR team is currently looking like this.
    xla3jxqer4dl.png

• Options
    Aha, you can get triple Bloody Eye spawns in the event.

Fortunately, 4 thunderbolts from Krile and a pair of Exdeath one shot them, but that was hilarious.

Characters
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am still not done the original story content.

I take this slow so i don't care what they do with all this extra stuff. I will enjoy playing with all the characters till it gets boring. So far I've not felt pressured into anything.

All this says to me is not to bother killing myself over this event.

• Options
    Start ADV event dungeon.

1st Battle: 3 Bloody Eyes. Cecil and Exdeath die right off the bat. Kill them anyway, move on.
    2nd Battle: 2 Bloody Eyes. No one dies, thankfully.
    3rd Battle: 3 Bloody Eyes. Double death take out Hayate and Krile. They gaze Russell and Chizuru. Double death.

I'm not angry, and actually slightly amused. Just, what the hell, game? :rotate:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Event dungeon has been made much more tolerable once I was informed you can Gravity everything inside it except for the Bloody Eyes (and the Boss obviously).

Still at 8 Demon Hearts. And no idea what that Bandit is supposed to be that was part of the event banner.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    The bandit/footpad randomly shows up and is a guaranteed demon heart drop.

This discussion has been closed.