Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ever since I got the exploding phone I have finished every single Elusive Target with it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Ever since I got the exploding phone I have finished every single Elusive Target with it

That thing is very useful! Once I get that costume unlocked I will enjoy going back to that.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I got an SA rating on the food critic, even though I kind of cheesed it. question regarding him:
    is there any way to get him to leave his seat at the restaurant? I killed him then and there because he didn't seem to move at all

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got an SA rating on the food critic, even though I kind of cheesed it. question regarding him:
    is there any way to get him to leave his seat at the restaurant? I killed him then and there because he didn't seem to move at all

He stands up and will go for a coin but you have to get rid of the three guards to do it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    He occasionally goes down to the kitchen to not eat anything, but he takes his bodyguard with him.
    If you can delay or distract the bodyguard, you could get an opening to inject him with something.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

• Options
    So I am trying various escalations. Normally I get to a point where they are too difficult for me. I found one in Sapienza called The Sigma Illusion that I seemed to luck into the perfect method.
    You start with needing to kill the chef in melee. Start in the Kitchen with some coins. Pick up the knife and go into the pantry. Throw a tomato sauce can out of the room. You will either draw over the chef or another cook. If it is another cook let me go back and do it again to get the chef. Then lure the chef into the pantry with coins. He is somewhat fickle and it may need more than one. Stab him. Done.

The next level has you hacking a laptop, which is in the doc's office on the third floor. Kill the chef the same way then leave and go downstairs to the cellar. There is a small laundry room nearby with a housekeeper outfit. Grab it and go up the stair to the main floor then upstairs to the second. There is a dude that will frisk to get up to the third so make sure you don't have anything bad. Wait for the doctor lady to leave the office and lockpick your way inside and hack the computer. Done.

Next level has it where you pacify anyone you fail. Well guess what you only kill the chef. Repeat it exactly as before. Done.

Next level has it where you need to hide bodies within 90 seconds. Okay there is a box inside the pantry where you kill the chef. I'd already been sticking him in there. Done.

Final level. Mansion guards see through mansion guard disguises. Okay cool you never use one and no one suspects housekeepers for some reason except third floor guards and none of them ever see you. Done.

So long as you make sure not to get hit by a camera on the way out you get silent assassin rating as well.

For extra ease. Use that concealable knife and you only ever have to pick up two tomato cans and nothing else int he entire mission.

• Options
    Finally burned through 10 escalations to unlock that gun that I will never use but was taunting me.

Now the only other thing to unlock besides the suits tied to Elusive Targets is the poison needle from the Bangkok horror challenge set. I am most of the way through that. Just two more to go.

Also I have not finished the evil magician ones in Paris but it does not seem to unlock anything so whatever.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmazUv-4mI

Posted this in the Giant Bomb thread but I think it would go nicely here, too.

Also, I wish there was like a phone alert or something for elusive targets

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmazUv-4mI

Posted this in the Giant Bomb thread but I think it would go nicely here, too.

Also, I wish there was like a phone alert or something for elusive targets

There is a hitman app that can send notifications when a new target appears.

• Options

You cannot kill this target with explosives

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Mr. G wrote: »
    You cannot kill this target with explosives
    Ruined FOREVER.

Oh well, guess I'll poison stab him, but it'll just feel wrong.

edit: I'll love it if he walks past dozens of convenient 'accidental' explosive spots.

klemming on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    also he has to die in an accident

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Poison injection still counts as accidental death if you don't get spotted, right?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hmm, any news on season 2?

• Options
    I would not expect word on season 2 for a good long while

I'd bet (and also kinda hope?) that it wouldn't launch until at least the second half of the year

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Poison injection still counts as accidental death if you don't get spotted, right?

Pretty sure that poison does not count as an accident. The briefing image highlights fall and drowning as being okay.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

Pretty sure that poison does not count as an accident. The briefing image highlights fall and drowning as being okay.

I don't know if eating poison counts as accidental, but I've definitely injected them before, had them collapse and be found, and still had it counts as accidental.
    They may have patched that, though.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The problem with a target like this is that it comes down to how well you understand the somewhat arcane specifics of what constitutes an accident in the game's rules.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    My understanding is that poison makes it okay for the body to be found for the purpose of Silent Assassin, but is not an accident.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    1 hour to go for the next elusive.
    Location Colorado.
    Does drowning in the pond count as accident?
    What aboyt haybaler?

• Options
    Pretty sure drowning counts, so long as no-one sees you push them.
    No clue about the haybaler, but I really hope so.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Nah, haybaler does not seem to count, pity.
    Drowning in the pond, drowning in the toilet, dropping a haybale, dropping a car, ramming...
    Any other accidents in colorado?
    Setting on fire maybe?

this is going to suck.
    edit-
    the chandelier in the main house, almost forgot that.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    Since I hate Colorado I think I'm going to wait till I see a silent assassin video guide by that Mr Freeze guy on youtube. Do not want to mess it up.

• Options
    "The sniper rifle just went off in my hands, it was an accident!"

• Options
    Here goes or nothing...

I am so going to screw this up.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Forget i said anything, took a while, but it's done.
    And i got my first ever silent assassin on elusive target.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Here goes or nothing...

I am so going to screw this up.

you got this man! just stay confident and be positive

• Options
    oh god I thought this was the dating thread

and that you were asking a girl on a date instead of plotting to murder a virtual person

but you know still

congrats

• Options
    This could not be any further from the dating thread

It may be the literal polar opposite

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hitman level where 47 has to go through a speed dating social gathering

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    This may have been my favorite elusive in a while.
    Not as great as the fixer or pharmacist, but definitely one of my favorites.
    But then i've only completed 9 (failed 2 and missed 7 completely).

The limitations stopped me from going for my usual "throw a bomb at it" approach, and while the target did not have an interesting loop, he also was killable without unreasonable preparation or luck involved.

Hopefully we'll see more of this, and less of food critic.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Food critic: Ran up immediately to his table as a guard, drop a gun next to his body guard in plain sight, watch as bodyguard leaves to cache gun, bump into critic awkwardly to get him to stand up, stare at him silently until he turns around to sit down again, jab in the back with poison

I am the worlds greatest silent assassin

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    This elusive target was pretty tricky, managed to get it, though
    Does he ever leave that stupid dresser? It showed him on the water tower and stuff so I waited forever for him to do something different, but he never did.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    This elusive target was pretty tricky, managed to get it, though
    Does he ever leave that stupid dresser? It showed him on the water tower and stuff so I waited forever for him to do something different, but he never did.
    After I knocked everybody in the house unconscious, some guys came in from outside. Then he went out on the balcony and I pushed him over. Unfortunately I forgot that I'd been recorded, so I didn't get silent assassin :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ugh. I did not get Silent Assassin because god damn Rose bugged out and would not leave the clock in the house with his guard and he suspected me as I tried to make it down the stairs to escape after doing the assassination flawlessly.

Super shitty.

The only way I could have gotten out would have been a window but that had way more risks of getting spotted.

• Options
    Got my SA.

Hints:
    He'll stay at the dresser as long as the hackers are around. If you can get rid of them, then he'll go to the balcony. From there it's easy.

• Options
    Huh. That was easier than I expected.
    I found a few things to make general runs in Colorado a bit easier, as well.
    I found out that there's an Elite Milita outfit in one of the moving trucks in front of the house, and there's just enough time to put it on without making bystanders suspicious. That saved a lot of time compared to trying to get the guy near the shed.
    I also found a key to Rose's room/bathroom in the downstairs computer nest, and emetic poison in the room behind the kitchen.
    All combined, I made it upstairs easily enough, coined one hacker out to the bathroom, took him out and dragged him though to a cupboard in the bedroom, then poisoned the drink to get rid of the other hacker. I didn't even need to take him out, just walked in while he was off throwing up, hacked the laptop and lethal jabbed the guy.

• Options
    Huh. That was easier than I expected.
    I found a few things to make general runs in Colorado a bit easier, as well.
    I found out that there's an Elite Milita outfit in one of the moving trucks in front of the house, and there's just enough time to put it on without making bystanders suspicious. That saved a lot of time compared to trying to get the guy near the shed.
    I also found a key to Rose's room/bathroom in the downstairs computer nest, and emetic poison in the room behind the kitchen.
    All combined, I made it upstairs easily enough, coined one hacker out to the bathroom, took him out and dragged him though to a cupboard in the bedroom, then poisoned the drink to get rid of the other hacker. I didn't even need to take him out, just walked in while he was off throwing up, hacked the laptop and lethal jabbed the guy.

Does that count as an accident?