Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    One early important lesson I learned about sink distractions is that you need to let the target turn off the sink before you get him. Otherwise someone else will investigate the second the target is interrupted in the investigate routine.

Also noone in Hitman can use a mirror to see someone approaching you're just fine sneaking up from behind.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Being able to turn off a sink yourself would be a welcome change.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Doesn't seem very realistic

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Curses!

The Blackmailer
    I ALMOST managed to stick him with the emetic syringe in that little side passage between the catwalk and bar, but did it right in front of a window. One guy spotted me and it all went to hell, but I managed to run away, disguise up, and come back to finish the job. Didn't get SA, but did get the Chameleon challenge on Paris.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh good the Requiem pack will be sold as DLC to everyone tomorrow. I don't have to buy the physical disc!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Finally finished the, kill five targets with a cleaver in Bangkok as a staff and get the bodies discovered. That finished the challenge series and unlocked the different syringe. I now got everything currently available to unlock except for the winter coat.

Ready for whatever they add tomorrow!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Is this complete season worth picking up? Weren't there timed events?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »

The complete season is really good.

But yes, you are punished for having the audacity to not buy the game at launch by never being able to play a decent chunk of the content.

• Options

But yes, you are punished for having the audacity to not buy the game at launch by never being able to play a decent chunk of the content.

Damn. Anything of note missing? I keep reading about "elusive targets. . ." Are those the timed events? Are they tied to the story at all?

• Options
    They're bonus targets that get released every week or two. They have a little bit of story setup behind them, but they don't tie into the main plot. You have a timed period in which you can track them down and take them out, and if you screw up your attempt you can't retry it.

• Options

Damn. Anything of note missing? I keep reading about "elusive targets. . ." Are those the timed events? Are they tied to the story at all?

There have been single targets that go up. They are timed events. They are not tied to the story at all. Kinda like bonus hits. There are unlockable suits tied to them but new ones will keep coming out so people who missed the early ones can still unlock the suits by doing the new ones.

It is not a major thing.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Elusive events are special side missions where you kill a uniquely voiced and pathed dude. Sometimes they even change the level in notable ways or introduce new mechanics (like a puzzle element of figuring out which twin to kill). They can only be done once and only in the week they come out.

I think it's fair to say that of the three bits of content available (main missions, elusive contracts and escalations) they're the second most involved bit of content. They aren't tied to the story.

• Options
    All that being said, you should still get Hitman.

• Options
    If they are just expert AI dumped in existing stages, I'm fine missing out on that.

And game is pretty much sold out online and in stores around me (GS is not an option). Just RedBox'd it until product refresh at Amazon.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Pull an Enemy, Part 3.
    In this update, we've (finally) added the ability for 47 to pull people over balconies or out of windows, when he is hanging on a ledge or below the balcony/window. Anyone who sees this will react accordingly.

yesssss this is my favorite kill type and i check for it in any game that allows ledge hanging

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Pull an Enemy, Part 3.
    In this update, we've (finally) added the ability for 47 to pull people over balconies or out of windows, when he is hanging on a ledge or below the balcony/window. Anyone who sees this will react accordingly.

yesssss this is my favorite kill type and i check for it in any game that allows ledge hanging

I think it was funny when it was broken and other NPCs would not notice at all.

• Options
    Hmm. Did not figure this was a "puzzle" game. That's certainly a surprise.

• Options
    Hmm. Did not figure this was a "puzzle" game. That's certainly a surprise.

yeah you can't really play it like an action game at all

like if you ever find yourself in a gun battle, chances are things are going very wrong

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Hitman is like one of those sliding tile puzzles, but instead of a picture you kill someone

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Just completed first mission, and then got the "Freeform Training." Ho. Lee. Shit. Is this in all missions? If so, returning the RedBox and sucking it up and grabbing from Gamestop.
    Hitman is like one of those sliding tile puzzles, but instead of a picture you kill someone

I killed the three guards when you first start. And a few bystanders. I ran out of shit to put people in and towards the end of my first attempt, the target and his entourage tripped over like 5 bodies.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Just completed first mission, and then got the "Freeform Training." Ho. Lee. Shit. Is this in all missions? If so, returning the RedBox and sucking it up and grabbing from Gamestop.

Ha, yeah the "boat" is a tiny set of options compared to the actual levels, in terms of ways to whack the targets, disguises, overall size of level etc.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Just a tiny hint please: I've done, or know how to do most of the challenges, but is there like a clock in the game because:
    The one guy says he only drinks after 6, and I have no idea what time it is and don't seem to be able to make Kalvin drink.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Just a tiny hint please: I've done, or know how to do most of the challenges, but is there like a clock in the game because:
    The one guy says he only drinks after 6, and I have no idea what time it is and don't seem to be able to make Kalvin drink.

No. There are routes that NPCs will repeat that you can insert yourself into or interfere with to alter their route.

Is this the boat or the base?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited January 2017
    First mission on the boat. Three possible places to use the ERP, but I don't see immediately how to get that to trigger.
    EDIT: I think I might have gotten it:
    I have to be Norfolk and not choose the poison glass I'm guessing.

ED! on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    i never really realized this was the case, but since i ended up buying all the levels one at a time, i never got the season pass or upgrade pack which locks me out of all the bonus missions. so even though i already have all the levels, i'd have to pay... $60 to upgrade and unlock those missions?

am i missing some way around this or is this just bogus as hell
    '
    edit: okay no i see what i was missing, the bonus episodes have a $10 pack now that you can buy. okay, that i can deal with

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    Picked up the game from GameStop and was asked for ID. I. Ugh. I guess the grey hairs weren't enough.

In other news, this game is pretty insane. Did people play with the Opportunities on or off? I'm mulling off, but first runs of some of these missions would probably be even crazier.

• Options
    I play with the middle setting (they are trackable, but it doesn't hold your hand to each objective) Seems to work out as a nice compromise for me.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    it's annoying because some of the opportunities (at the very least when the game was still coming out) really required the full guide to be on, or you'd miss a vital step. Stuff like Novikov's bodyguard's phone not spawning unless you'd found the right piece of paper, for example.

I think by Sapienza, they'd made them so you could kinda stumble your way into the middle of an opportunity and then figure out exactly what you needed to do from there. Although there are still some ones where it'll tell you to do something, and you've got no idea where to go to do/get the thing

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The middle setting is a pretty decent way to start.
    You can see it as 47 getting a great idea as he overhears a conversation without getting a crumb trail.

I love a lot of the crazy opportunity kills and you will miss a lot of them if you don't follow the steps.

I also don't open the list of challenges on a new map for a few playthroughs.

Stumbling into things is more fun for me.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Picked up the game from GameStop and was asked for ID. I. Ugh. I guess the grey hairs weren't enough.

In other news, this game is pretty insane. Did people play with the Opportunities on or off? I'm mulling off, but first runs of some of these missions would probably be even crazier.

I'd say try one play through with them off, but turn them on when you go back.
    If you do every opportunity, they do a pretty good job of showing you around most of the level, and keep you from getting stuck in a rut of doing a section the only way you know how. They don't show you nearly everything there is to do in a level, but you'll see enough moving parts that you'll then be able to put the pieces together in a lot of different ways.

There's still plenty to uncover that it won't hold your hand for, including one secret in Sapienza I'd bet 99% of players never find:
    There's a sample of the super-virus coded for one of your targets, and it's incredibly well hidden. If there are any hints pointing to it, I've never come across them.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »

If you do every opportunity, they do a pretty good job of showing you around most of the level, and keep you from getting stuck in a rut of doing a section the only way you know how. They don't show you nearly everything there is to do in a level, but you'll see enough moving parts that you'll then be able to put the pieces together in a lot of different ways.

There's still plenty to uncover that it won't hold your hand for, including one secret in Sapienza I'd bet 99% of players never find:
    There's a sample of the super-virus coded for one of your targets, and it's incredibly well hidden. If there are any hints pointing to it, I've never come across them.

Re Super Secret Opportunities
    I've found indications that it was either manufactured or in the process of doing so as a contingency, but not found the product itself.
    You can find samples of the doctor's hair that have been collected and stored in a safe in the attic, she's looking for them in an office somewhere and you can hand them over to her as a bodyguard, which prompts an argument iirc

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I think the Hitman servers are pretty busy on PS4. Having connection issues. I managed to try Paris Pro for a bit. Lot of changes. The firework trigger was not in the same place and it has to be somewhere since there is a pro challenge to kill them while watching the fireworks.

• Options
    Jesus Christ the content in this game. If the content was about the same I kind of regret not doing this when it came out. The compulsive nature wants to 100% each level before moving on, which is slightly insane given that just digging through the menu finds OTHER SHIT that the game never explicitly says is there. These "escalations" are hilarious and remind me of MGS: VR crossed with N++ in that it's just challenge run after challenge run. I like that you have to really KNOW the level if you actually want to do well (I wasted like 4 minutes looking for the kitchen knife because I didn't find the galley the first time through).

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Not all that stuff was there at (each episodes) release. It definitely did a good job of having a solid amount of content with each episode, but they've also been really good about continuing to add more even to old episodes

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I know I keep posting here about my experience, but I just opened up the Paris mission. Overload. Seriously holy shit. I honestly have to take a step back, it's slightly overwhelming. Especially as it seems EVERYTHING is available at once.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »

Re Super Secret Opportunities
    I've found indications that it was either manufactured or in the process of doing so as a contingency, but not found the product itself.
    You can find samples of the doctor's hair that have been collected and stored in a safe in the attic, she's looking for them in an office somewhere and you can hand them over to her as a bodyguard, which prompts an argument iirc

yeah, you don't get anything more than that, especially not anything telling you where it actually is

• Options
    I'd say don't 100% every level immediately when you get to them, but it's almost always worth playing through them at least one or two more times before moving onto the next one, especially as you unlock really useful tools.

It also makes coming back to early levels even more fun as you know so much more, and have more loadout options